Why did you end up with DG Solo's Dives?

    • Draedark wrote:

      I agree with Brizi.

      From my experience, a pure hardcore PvP MMO does not usually support a healthy community for more than a couple of years. The disparity between veteran and new players becomes too great and ends up discouraging new folks.

      A lot of them probably want to PvP, but they just want the chance to skill up and be on more equal footing before starting.

      These changes will hopefully help to facilitate that and retain more players in the long run.
      Exactly.

      Ever since a ganker spoke to me on discord and fully explained how 400/400 spec worked, I decided to focus on levelling up before getting into the PvP side of things.

      The game needs players to be able to do so in order to get out of the 'newbie' phase.

      32m fame and I still consider myself a newbie, because I know what the founders are capable of.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

      Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • Georg51 wrote:

      MadSkillzDLR wrote:

      You first say you can no longer dive, and then u say CD are 1x1. I must assume you want to dive 2vs1, right coward?
      I'll tell you right now - dive any solo RD with Bacons, Killing Reds, Fricks, or ARCH in it, and it most certainly wont be 1v1. More like 1v3, so yeah ill bring another with me.
      Spoken like a true BETA.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

      Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • SHARKY wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Evas_Flarelight wrote:

      I propose a different set of dungeon timers depending on the zones you're in. This is to encourage better risks and rewards for the higher tiers.

      Royal Continent:
      Blue and Yellow Zones: 60 seconds
      Red Zones: 90 Seconds

      Outlands:
      Tier 5: 120 seconds
      Tier 6: 150 seconds
      Tier 7: 180 seconds
      Tier 8: 210 seconds
      I think this is the way to go. I think I'd make the increase more dramatic at first though, ending with 300 seconds at Tier 8.A minute and a half is too little an investment to get to do a dungeon safely. In terms of people waiting by the door until the timer ends. It's also not a large enough window for another player to find the entrance and be able to follow them in. Because the chances of a player riding by that spot with intent to dive is so low.

      I think you really want SRDs in the black zones to have engagements in them. Maybe not as often as before, but not as few as it seems like now.
      How about timers with random durations in black SRDs, regardless of tier. Could be on anything from 60s to 300s. Most players are not going to wait the full possible 5 minutes, due to the chance of the timer being much less.
      That's actually fucking smart.

      Real risk is when the dungeon closing timer is more chaotic and randomized in a higher tier zone.

      It is a risk to not be sure how long it will take to close.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

      Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

      Papatuna wrote:

      PenguinSniper wrote:

      JackMaia wrote:

      Since the last update, the move to disappear from the portal, after 90 seconds, has practically ended the possibility of making individual dungeon dives. I found this change to be very bad and does not match the idea of the game (the higher the risk, the better the reward).

      Players who want to make a DG 100% safe, are waiting for 90 seconds at the entrance to the cave, which makes the activity totally risk free. In addition, it was practically impossible to find a player within the DG to attack.

      The creation of Corrupted Dungeons does not replace the old Dives, because Corrupted DGs look more like a HG 1x1.

      I believe that developers should modify this time for the disappearance of DG portals, I believe that 5 minutes (or more) should be the minimum.
      No, you're a fucking idiot.First of all, this concept of expecting EVERYTHING in the game to match 'high risk, high reward' is completely fallacious, because the definition of 'high risk' does not always exist in situations where players can receieve a high reward in this game.
      It just doesn't.

      there are so many ways where you can get a high reward without high risk.

      So stop trying to pull bullshit lika that.

      SBI made a good and necessary business decision to allow players to level the fuck up in solo random dungeons.

      When they created them, they did not intend for people to go in as a group after a player and gank them to get an easy win just to provide fun for gank groups.

      Solo random dungeons were added to the game to allow players to be able to fame farm without having to rely on a group to support them.

      I'm not typing any more. I hope you get the fucking point.
      I managed to level up before the change and certainly didn't cry about getting dove.Here you go hand holding for people who cry about everything.Btw nice reasoning you legit only made claims without presenting any evidence only to follow it up with insults. That is a great rebuttal.
      Um, I managed to level up TOO.
      You see, people don't seem to understand this concept:

      It is possible to empathize with people who are in a position of struggle, without being in that position of struggle oneself.

      So just because I speak in defence of a perspective, doesn't mean I was the one who needed defending.

      "Here you go hand holding for people who cry about everything."

      Let me highlight and make that big to make sure people don't miss it

      "Here you go hand holding for people who cry about everything."

      What do you achieve by typing that, What does it even mean?

      It's the most illogical statement I've ever read.

      What the fuck are you talking about? :D :D :D :D

      Do you not know what hand holding is ? I just dont see how that is a hard statement to follow. If lots of people were able to spec up with the old changes then I don't see the problem with the old system. Also if you don't want to be dove there are yellow and blue zones you can go grind with no risk what so ever. (for your sympathy ) . These zones were created for this exact reason, now sbi is just pushing the line even further. Soon they will move it again and they will remove ganking from the game.
    • Or you know... they could make open world NPC more desirable to kill. How about this, NPC in the open world actively hunt and slay players and hoard the loot back at their camps chests. Put basic AI in place to make it so they set ambushes, get involved in skirmishes and even loot the field in ZvZ held on their zones (maybe even actively target targets with the highest loot value aka loot rats.) NPC could even equip items dropped from players and add them to their loot pool on death.

      Die to an NPC and want your stuff back? Now you have to track down the nearest NPC camp's loot chest or the NPC that killed you.
      Think NPC are just a nuisance? wait til one equips full T8.1 from a fallen player in a ZvZ and starts killing your healers.
      Find an NPC wearing gathering gear? looks like he killed a gatherer and is full of resources.

      Hey, a man can dream.
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

      Draedark wrote:

      I agree with Brizi.

      From my experience, a pure hardcore PvP MMO does not usually support a healthy community for more than a couple of years. The disparity between veteran and new players becomes too great and ends up discouraging new folks.

      A lot of them probably want to PvP, but they just want the chance to skill up and be on more equal footing before starting.

      These changes will hopefully help to facilitate that and retain more players in the long run.
      Exactly.
      Ever since a ganker spoke to me on discord and fully explained how 400/400 spec worked, I decided to focus on levelling up before getting into the PvP side of things.

      The game needs players to be able to do so in order to get out of the 'newbie' phase.

      32m fame and I still consider myself a newbie, because I know what the founders are capable of.
      I mean, you are a newbie because you have 0 experience with PVP and barely fame farm - you were hugely vocal in favour of this change but still don't actually do SRD's or CD's since the patch. 32m across all activities really isn't much. The frustrating thing with this is that people who didn't even do this content seem to have the loudest voices, and constantly throw out strawmans about every dungeon being dove 5v1 which was never remotely the case.

      I ran thousands of dungeons before the change - both solo and in a duo. I fought a ton of 1v1's, 1v2's, 2v1's and 2v2's. I've lost 35m+ death fame across SRD's and ZVZ's and lost ten's of millions of silver, but it was a lot of fun. Since the change, I can barely bring myself to do four in a row before I get bored,& I find myself playing battlegrounds to kill time between ZVZ's and sorting my island Every thread about it has the same group people who barely even go in the blackzone say how much better the game is for it.

      It wasn't that difficult to fame up to reasonable spec solo, and I'd wonder if the ganker you spoke to also explained how small the difference between 70 spec and 400/400 really was relative to the amount of fame needed.

      I know the devs said they were going to look at stats because their goal was that the average amount of PVP in dungeons would be similar, but spread out more because more people would be running dungeons. I'd be curious about how that actually looks because my experience has been finding a fight inside a T8 dungeon just isn't something that happens more than once every 5-6 hours of gameplay.
    • I joined AO during the Easter Event this year during the corvid-19 explosion. I think everyone is quick to forget that back then every single Solo Green Dungeon was empty . As a new player I couldn't help but say "Hmm, Solos should close after certain amount of time." I was in that camp saying something needs to be done about this.

      Fast forward to today and I am watching A streamer determined to dive a solo . I turned it off after 30min of checking dungeons. I tuned into another streamer determined to dive a solo . Turned it off after about 15min of scouting.

      Two sides to every coin.
    • WhiteWidow wrote:

      I joined AO during the Easter Event this year during the corvid-19 explosion. I think everyone is quick to forget that back then every single Solo Green Dungeon was empty . As a new player I couldn't help but say "Hmm, Solos should close after certain amount of time." I was in that camp saying something needs to be done about this.

      Fast forward to today and I am watching A streamer determined to dive a solo . I turned it off after 30min of checking dungeons. I tuned into another streamer determined to dive a solo . Turned it off after about 15min of scouting.

      Two sides to every coin.
      You have reasonable and moderate opinions, you will not have a good time here on AO social media. There are just two factions. All Gankers Are Pussies vs Carebears are Ruining My Game. If you don't join a team then they all just accuse you of being a member of the other group.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Piddle wrote:

      WhiteWidow wrote:

      I joined AO during the Easter Event this year during the corvid-19 explosion. I think everyone is quick to forget that back then every single Solo Green Dungeon was empty . As a new player I couldn't help but say "Hmm, Solos should close after certain amount of time." I was in that camp saying something needs to be done about this.

      Fast forward to today and I am watching A streamer determined to dive a solo . I turned it off after 30min of checking dungeons. I tuned into another streamer determined to dive a solo . Turned it off after about 15min of scouting.

      Two sides to every coin.
      You have reasonable and moderate opinions, you will not have a good time here on AO social media. There are just two factions. All Gankers Are Pussies vs Carebears are Ruining My Game. If you don't join a team then they all just accuse you of being a member of the other group.
      I agree, please pick a side so I can attack it