Why did you end up with DG Solo's Dives?

• I mean it did kill small scale diving. I was used to solo dive or duo dive srd's with a buddy but now it's now even worth since we don't have ow catch and still usually ended up diving duo's or trio's in t7-t8 maps.

It killed the solo 1vsX counter dive too for the most part since now you just walk out and remount away. There's no incentive of pulling big dick move when the divers thought they had the element of surprise on you but you were almost waiting for them.

Now to get that type of content, I need 3-4 other players and do it in group dungeon and those are doved way less often compared to the state of srd's pre-ava roads.

And for people saying corrupted are better for 1vs1 i'm gonna say not really since i have other shit to do than deal with 3k hp light xbow, 1h daggers mains and bl rat mains. It's not fun when only 3 builds are played.

You had variety in the build you would face in srd's. Never know if it was a solo, duo or trio that you were diving. The issue comes when the person getting dove was by 3+ players. If it's duo or solo, it's totally "fair" imo. Some of my most memorable moment early on are of winning counter dives against groups of 3-4 in srd's.

If you can only get dove in the first 90seconds of them, you literally just wait beside door to get shield again and walk out. There's no margin of where you can back track in the dungeon to kite if needs be since it's not cleared.

Even today, apart of the few people doing srd's from HO zones in the roads, close to no one I know do them anymore. If they need fame/loot, they rat corrupted and if they want fights, they faction warfare, do cta's or dive ava dungeons/group dungeons in bz. Heck, if they roam for more than 40min not finding a dungeon made, they just go to redtree cause that's the easiest content to do at that point.
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

You first say you can no longer dive, and then u say CD are 1x1. I must assume you want to dive 2vs1, right coward?
      I'll tell you right now - dive any solo RD with Bacons, Killing Reds, Fricks, or ARCH in it, and it most certainly wont be 1v1. More like 1v3, so yeah ill bring another with me.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • I'm surprised with the amount of people that supports that change.

Makes 100% more sense an entrance with player counters like an avalon road, something like 1 player could enter every 2~3 minutes. This is a good change to a SOLO dungeon in a full pvp enviroment.

I'm a solo player and this is my opinion. I like the Corrupted dungeons, but i like also to do solo dungeons and wait for divers, it's a different approach to 1v1 that for me was lost.
    • DaarioNaharis wrote:

I'm a solo player and this is my opinion. I like the Corrupted dungeons, but i like also to do solo dungeons and wait for divers, it's a different approach to 1v1 that for me was lost.
      Agree with this. My favourite content was RZ SRDs. I could get half decent fame for the PvE and always have a good chance of being dived. With the luxury of the hostile counter I was almost always ready to fight the divers and the surprise was always on them. Good times.
    • Since this discussion is a double edge sword
      i understand both sides to it and i’ve been on both sides in game

Why don’t we ask SBI to implant the death by mob mecanique
      As in, being able to get killed by mobs in a solo DG but only in solo DG

Some of you may remember this from alpha and beta
      Since ppl think it’s impossible to dive solo DG now
      Just add some risk to it

This is just me throwing an idea out there
    • you dont get the point evas. this is the point where sbi is looking to push pvp on fair and even grounds where both sides is ready to PVP. if you get a kick of killing PVE players just because you cannot win any 1v1 in corrupted dungs then you suck in PVP plain and simple

ganking in the open world was hard nerfed via mount changes and cleanse on dismount
      and now portals close with a reasonable amount of time after entry is to push those looking for unfair fights away from those looking for peaceful farming.

if you want to complain about risk vs reward then you have not played enough corrupted dungeons to high infamy values in slayer elo. the loot there is insane beyond compare
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

you dont get the point evas. this is the point where sbi is looking to push pvp on fair and even grounds where both sides is ready to PVP. if you get a kick of killing PVE players just because you cannot win any 1v1 in corrupted dungs then you suck in PVP plain and simple

ganking in the open world was hard nerfed via mount changes and cleanse on dismount
      and now portals close with a reasonable amount of time after entry is to push those looking for unfair fights away from those looking for peaceful farming.

if you want to complain about risk vs reward then you have not played enough corrupted dungeons to high infamy values in slayer elo. the loot there is insane beyond compare
      Why is it so hard for you snowflakes to understand that outside of HCE's - every content area in this game has a PVP risk factor involved?
      Or do you really just never leave the yellow zones?
      People wanting 1v1 dives to be a thing isnt because they arent able to win CDs, perhaps its because its fun and exciting to be the predator and not the prey. I personally love diving as one of my favorite content areas and now its basically dead. Theres ways to make it safer without eliminating diving but it appears the carebears at SBI have the loudest voices.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

I propose a different set of dungeon timers depending on the zones you're in. This is to encourage better risks and rewards for the higher tiers.

Royal Continent:
      Blue and Yellow Zones: 60 seconds
      Red Zones: 90 Seconds

Outlands:
      Tier 5: 120 seconds
      Tier 6: 150 seconds
      Tier 7: 180 seconds
      Tier 8: 210 seconds
      I think this is the way to go. I think I'd make the increase more dramatic at first though, ending with 300 seconds at Tier 8.

A minute and a half is too little an investment to get to do a dungeon safely. In terms of people waiting by the door until the timer ends. It's also not a large enough window for another player to find the entrance and be able to follow them in. Because the chances of a player riding by that spot with intent to dive is so low.

I think you really want SRDs in the black zones to have engagements in them. Maybe not as often as before, but not as few as it seems like now.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • wen't into a static solo yesterday, got to the 1st chest "you cannot open because of hostile mobs nearby" but I cleared all of them upto the chests. I think to myself "is someone back clearing?" indeed a group is waiting at the end of the dungeon, had a few A out to pincer me inside... 10/10 would not like to go back to this shit again. I had totally forgotten about the guys that would hide inside a dungeon (often stupid enough to take the shrines which is a telltale sign they are waiting ahead for you), its bullshit like this that makes me glad there is a short timer on the entrances to dungeons.
    • Piddle wrote:

Evas_Flarelight wrote:

I propose a different set of dungeon timers depending on the zones you're in. This is to encourage better risks and rewards for the higher tiers.

Royal Continent:
      Blue and Yellow Zones: 60 seconds
      Red Zones: 90 Seconds

Outlands:
      Tier 5: 120 seconds
      Tier 6: 150 seconds
      Tier 7: 180 seconds
      Tier 8: 210 seconds
      I think this is the way to go. I think I'd make the increase more dramatic at first though, ending with 300 seconds at Tier 8.
      A minute and a half is too little an investment to get to do a dungeon safely. In terms of people waiting by the door until the timer ends. It's also not a large enough window for another player to find the entrance and be able to follow them in. Because the chances of a player riding by that spot with intent to dive is so low.

I think you really want SRDs in the black zones to have engagements in them. Maybe not as often as before, but not as few as it seems like now.
      How about timers with random durations in black SRDs, regardless of tier. Could be on anything from 60s to 300s. Most players are not going to wait the full possible 5 minutes, due to the chance of the timer being much less.
    • SHARKY wrote:

How about timers with random durations in black SRDs, regardless of tier. Could be on anything from 60s to 300s. Most players are not going to wait the full possible 5 minutes, due to the chance of the timer being much less.
      I'm open to most solutions. My focus is mostly on the outcomes. We went from one extreme, where the runner was at several severe disadvantages to the diver, to what seems like the other extreme.

I think 90 seconds is just way too short a time for the average zone. I guess in a perfect world I'd like the length of the dungeon being open to be based on the amount of traffic in that zone. Since the more people there are the higher the chance of player interaction.

So if you are in some corner of the BZ with 10 other players, the dungeon stays open a long time, but if you are in a zone with 80 people it's open a shorter amount of time.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Its fun to see how former diving squads attempt to claim they lost their 1v1 PvP content but they just cant because every time they do they get a (go to corrupted DGs) slap on their faces hahaha.

Its obvius that SBI wanted the SRD to become a safe content for players wanting to do PvE since they added the CDs for those looking for PvP.

Actually i wonder why they set the timer at 90 seconds, i think thats just a waste of time. Something like 30 seconds should be enough to allow other players to get in together if they want to.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guilefulwolf ().

• DildoSwaggings wrote:

Guilefulwolf wrote:

Something like 30 seconds should be enough to allow other players to get in together if they want to.
      IQ of a banana, can we see your killboard?
      Edit: seen it. You don't even play the game anymore.
      No idea where u looked at but i play about 5 hours every night. Im mostly into ZvZ content and farming PvE fame at the corrupted DGs.

PD: Perhaps u r the one with a banana IQ. Since i mentioned 30 seconds to be enough for players going together as parties of 2 or 3 players. Not to be a chance of PvP encounter.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Guilefulwolf ().