Why did you end up with DG Solo's Dives?

    • Why did you end up with DG Solo's Dives?

      Since the last update, the move to disappear from the portal, after 90 seconds, has practically ended the possibility of making individual dungeon dives. I found this change to be very bad and does not match the idea of the game (the higher the risk, the better the reward).

      Players who want to make a DG 100% safe, are waiting for 90 seconds at the entrance to the cave, which makes the activity totally risk free. In addition, it was practically impossible to find a player within the DG to attack.

      The creation of Corrupted Dungeons does not replace the old Dives, because Corrupted DGs look more like a HG 1x1.

      I believe that developers should modify this time for the disappearance of DG portals, I believe that 5 minutes (or more) should be the minimum.
    • No thanks, I personally like it much better now. I believe you're just pissed off becvause they took away the opportunity to dive with a 5 man group solo dungeons. And even if you were playing solo, you were looking for unfair fights against people who wanna fame farm. I know that Albion is meant to be a hardcore pvp game, and it still is in most of its aspects. You can still gank in the open world IF you are good enough for it rather than diving solo dung lookng for an easy prey.
    • JackMaia wrote:

      ...
      Players who want to make a DG 100% safe, are waiting for 90 seconds at the entrance to the cave, which makes the activity totally risk free. In addition, it was practically impossible to find a player within the DG to attack.
      ...
      Not quite accurate. When they first enter the dungeon and after 15 seconds and before 1 minute you can catch them. They can't exit and get the exit buff and therefore if you are like most that whinge about not being able to dungeon diving, you have one member of your party go inside and the others remain outside. If the victim exits, he wont have a buff and you can gank him.

      If he runs into the dungeon, then you call in your mates and give chase.

      After the one minute mark, he can then leave the dungeon and get the exit buff.

      But, if your the "honorable ganker" who 1 v 1's people, then you just need to enter the dungeons with the red light glowing from them and not the ones with the green light. Then you can have a 1v1 experience.
      ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/
    • Diving always felt really stacked in favour of the ganker to me. In the open world, there is room to maneuver, and the person being ganked is either on a mount or gathering right next to their mount, giving them a chance at escape. Someone getting dived is not only in an enclosed space with no way out, but likely engaged with mobs, has their skills on cooldown, and is geared sub optimally for pvp. And that's not even taking into account divers who move in groups. I mean it takes several minutes to finish a dungeon, that's a long time to be so vulnerable.
    • What's wrong? You can't fight 1v1 in corrupted dungeons with people using properly pvp gear? Nah the biggest problem here of crying babies it's now they can't bring their boyfriends to gank 10x1 in solo dungeons. You guys can starve I don't care. Best patch ever. Anyway you still can dive just go in some random t8 or any other maps people are being lazy to wait 90 seconds they just rush in to the mobs. I still dive some people but the difference is that I am not crying or taking like 10 people with me to dive solo dungeons. Cry more babies, cry more.
    • JackMaia wrote:

      Since the last update, the move to disappear from the portal, after 90 seconds, has practically ended the possibility of making individual dungeon dives. I found this change to be very bad and does not match the idea of the game (the higher the risk, the better the reward).

      Players who want to make a DG 100% safe, are waiting for 90 seconds at the entrance to the cave, which makes the activity totally risk free. In addition, it was practically impossible to find a player within the DG to attack.

      The creation of Corrupted Dungeons does not replace the old Dives, because Corrupted DGs look more like a HG 1x1.

      I believe that developers should modify this time for the disappearance of DG portals, I believe that 5 minutes (or more) should be the minimum.
      No, you're a fucking idiot.

      First of all, this concept of expecting EVERYTHING in the game to match 'high risk, high reward' is completely fallacious, because the definition of 'high risk' does not always exist in situations where players can receieve a high reward in this game.

      It just doesn't.

      there are so many ways where you can get a high reward without high risk.

      So stop trying to pull bullshit lika that.

      SBI made a good and necessary business decision to allow players to level the fuck up in solo random dungeons.

      When they created them, they did not intend for people to go in as a group after a player and gank them to get an easy win just to provide fun for gank groups.

      Solo random dungeons were added to the game to allow players to be able to fame farm without having to rely on a group to support them.

      I'm not typing any more. I hope you get the fucking point.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

      Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • hunterGOD wrote:

      What's wrong? You can't fight 1v1 in corrupted dungeons with people using properly pvp gear? Nah the biggest problem here of crying babies it's now they can't bring their boyfriends to gank 10x1 in solo dungeons. You guys can starve I don't care. Best patch ever. Anyway you still can dive just go in some random t8 or any other maps people are being lazy to wait 90 seconds they just rush in to the mobs. I still dive some people but the difference is that I am not crying or taking like 10 people with me to dive solo dungeons. Cry more babies, cry more.
      On which alt are you doing it? Cuz you ain’t diving shit it seams

    • Any DG should be closed instantly as someone enters. A DG dive is always coward because they catch you in disadvantage as you are taking mob damage. Also, divers usually go with pvp gear and dungeoners go with pve gear. All gear should have pvp potential but 99% of time people will gank you with that stupid malevolent hood and bear paws (don't remind the exact name). There is no risk in Albion, but an assurance that you will be ganked because that's the easiest way to farm on the game. No space for collect, no space to farm on BZ because someone will gank you with gear made for that propourse.
    • Hastatus wrote:

      Diving always felt really stacked in favour of the ganker to me. In the open world, there is room to maneuver, and the person being ganked is either on a mount or gathering right next to their mount, giving them a chance at escape. Someone getting dived is not only in an enclosed space with no way out, but likely engaged with mobs, has their skills on cooldown, and is geared sub optimally for pvp. And that's not even taking into account divers who move in groups. I mean it takes several minutes to finish a dungeon, that's a long time to be so vulnerable.
      By this logic SBI might as well enforce no ganking rules.

      It is no safer in the open world when being ganked by 20 people with owls /dire wolves and crows. In fact you probably had a higher chance of winning 1v2 1v3 fights in green dungeons over running into a ganking party. If they see you they have every exit already covered with spare people to chase you down on the fastest mounts.

      I agree with the post, unmake this change its bad for the game.
    • Blinkz wrote:

      JackMaia wrote:

      Since the last update, the move to disappear from the portal, after 90 seconds, has practically ended the possibility of making individual dungeon dives. I found this change to be very bad and does not match the idea of the game (the higher the risk, the better the reward).

      Players who want to make a DG 100% safe, are waiting for 90 seconds at the entrance to the cave, which makes the activity totally risk free. In addition, it was practically impossible to find a player within the DG to attack.

      The creation of Corrupted Dungeons does not replace the old Dives, because Corrupted DGs look more like a HG 1x1.

      I believe that developers should modify this time for the disappearance of DG portals, I believe that 5 minutes (or more) should be the minimum.
      No they actually did good this patch ava road greens now give 600-650% increased loot not 175% go dive there plenty of duo solo's to kill.
      Just around roads for 2 hours didnt find 1 person doing green chests or green dungeons. No pvp given So dont know what you are talking about
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

      JackMaia wrote:

      Since the last update, the move to disappear from the portal, after 90 seconds, has practically ended the possibility of making individual dungeon dives. I found this change to be very bad and does not match the idea of the game (the higher the risk, the better the reward).

      Players who want to make a DG 100% safe, are waiting for 90 seconds at the entrance to the cave, which makes the activity totally risk free. In addition, it was practically impossible to find a player within the DG to attack.

      The creation of Corrupted Dungeons does not replace the old Dives, because Corrupted DGs look more like a HG 1x1.

      I believe that developers should modify this time for the disappearance of DG portals, I believe that 5 minutes (or more) should be the minimum.
      No, you're a fucking idiot.
      First of all, this concept of expecting EVERYTHING in the game to match 'high risk, high reward' is completely fallacious, because the definition of 'high risk' does not always exist in situations where players can receieve a high reward in this game.

      It just doesn't.

      there are so many ways where you can get a high reward without high risk.

      So stop trying to pull bullshit lika that.

      SBI made a good and necessary business decision to allow players to level the fuck up in solo random dungeons.

      When they created them, they did not intend for people to go in as a group after a player and gank them to get an easy win just to provide fun for gank groups.

      Solo random dungeons were added to the game to allow players to be able to fame farm without having to rely on a group to support them.

      I'm not typing any more. I hope you get the fucking point.
      I managed to level up before the change and certainly didn't cry about getting dove.Here you go hand holding for people who cry about everything.
      Btw nice reasoning you legit only made claims without presenting any evidence only to follow it up with insults. That is a great rebuttal.
    • JackMaia wrote:

      Since the last update, the move to disappear from the portal, after 90 seconds, has practically ended the possibility of making individual dungeon dives. I found this change to be very bad and does not match the idea of the game (the higher the risk, the better the reward).

      Players who want to make a DG 100% safe, are waiting for 90 seconds at the entrance to the cave, which makes the activity totally risk free. In addition, it was practically impossible to find a player within the DG to attack.

      The creation of Corrupted Dungeons does not replace the old Dives, because Corrupted DGs look more like a HG 1x1.

      I believe that developers should modify this time for the disappearance of DG portals, I believe that 5 minutes (or more) should be the minimum.
      Let me guess, you are a member of ARCH.
      Btw I dont doing srd since the Avalon, corrupted is better for fight, fame and loot in my experience. If you wanna do small group pvp just go to the roads, there is lots of opportunity and good fights.
    • UnderRat3d1 wrote:

      this player must be in ARCH alliance i guess, diving solo with 5 guys lmao
      love how thats the biggest thing people can say about this change even tho if they looked they would see for themselves that most people annoyed by this change are not arch and dont dive dungeons with 5 people.
      I just enjoyed getting pvp while i pve in a unpredictable setting.

      Nothing funner than watching people panic when they dive you while you have the green buff.
    • The risk vs reward argument does not really stand up to scrutiny for the diver(s) in my opinion so does not really hold any weight. It would seem to me that this argument is usually presented by folks who actually want low risk / moderate to high reward instead.

      For those who honestly want PvE / fame with the chance of PvP should be able to find that in Corrupted Dungeons with about a 75% success rate, according to the numbers the devs released.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • Draedark wrote:

      The risk vs reward argument does not really stand up to scrutiny for the diver(s) in my opinion so does not really hold any weight. It would seem to me that this argument is usually presented by folks who actually want low risk / moderate to high reward instead.

      For those who honestly want PvE / fame with the chance of PvP should be able to find that in Corrupted Dungeons with about a 75% success rate, according to the numbers the devs released.
      So what you saying is that if you want to fight people go do scrim setup type matches and no longer make this game about open world concepts?
    • The problem was that too many players started to become bored veterans.
      This in the same time that the game exploded with new players made it impossible for newplayers to do solo dungs cus there were simply too many older players looking for taking advantage of their high specs to kill players.

      Anyone who tries to see this change in the interest of the game growing with new players should understand why changes like this is good.
      Sadly, most people can not see further than their own nose.
    • Papatuna wrote:

      Draedark wrote:

      The risk vs reward argument does not really stand up to scrutiny for the diver(s) in my opinion so does not really hold any weight. It would seem to me that this argument is usually presented by folks who actually want low risk / moderate to high reward instead.

      For those who honestly want PvE / fame with the chance of PvP should be able to find that in Corrupted Dungeons with about a 75% success rate, according to the numbers the devs released.
      So what you saying is that if you want to fight people go do scrim setup type matches and no longer make this game about open world concepts?
      What I am saying is that, in my opinion, I do not see the high risk high reward in the bahaviors of divers. I see low risk / moderate to high reward.

      In other words: Pot meet kettle. Kettle, this is pot.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!
    • I agree with Brizi.

      From my experience, a pure hardcore PvP MMO does not usually support a healthy community for more than a couple of years. The disparity between veteran and new players becomes too great and ends up discouraging new folks.

      A lot of them probably want to PvP, but they just want the chance to skill up and be on more equal footing before starting.

      These changes will hopefully help to facilitate that and retain more players in the long run.
      Are you a PvPer or a RAT? Take my PvP Challenge and find out!