LET ME IN (Round Table Edition)

• So is that really the procedure for applying to this? Someone submits an app, it gets largely ignored for over a week, then someone makes a smirky troll comment and the decision is represented by a post reaction?

I honestly expected something more formal and mature. So help me understand, what is the actual process to recieving a response to an app here?
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Georg51 ().

• Georg51 wrote:

Gank wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

So, is there any way I can get a response to my application?
      Sorry, declined
      imgur.com/a/yHekzToAlso, if this is the kind of people you consider eligible members for "constructive feedback" then I'm not sure I care enough to be a part of it anyways.

"Community leaders" what a joke.
      Look, if you are salty about not getting to the RT to the point you begin to witch hunt and stalk profiles trying to find skeletons, you give more reason to not give you the opportunity to be on the RT.

Also his wall has nothing to do with the forums and the answers he pulls on it (you have no context to weight your weak argument, you don't know him, you don't know if guys posting on his wall are his friend or not). Until you find skeletons of answers he gave in some topics, you can stop bitching around.
    • people being selfish doesnt necessarily mean changes that changes to their wants is to your detriment.

also regarding people being *community leaders* - it doesn't say they are one. simply that they're notable in some way.

How do I join the Albion Online Round Table?
      In order to qualify, you must meet one of the following requirements:
      • Be a Guild Master of a guild that reached Gold or Crystal ranking in the previous Guild Season
      • Climb to the top of the Monthly Player Leaderboards
      • Be an otherwise notable figure within the community and contribute constructive feedback on the forum

and if you run things kinda privately, you can't really get recognition from the community as such. maybe someone people get spots from some of the guild leaders that dont want theirs if thats possible even?
    • I think a lot of players see the RT as a special club with special privileges, but it's really just a tool for the developers to access specific feedback without having to read through a torrent of, often unhelpful or incoherent, posts.

Being on the RT is no prize. Your opinions don't count for more because you post them there. The developers for sure read and react to the public parts of this community far more often than they do to things brought up by round table members.

It's like being the guy in IT that fixes the bosses computer. Sure, every once in a while he calls for you specifically, but you aren't getting paid any more and the bonus is that your co-workers tend to resent you for it.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Piddle wrote:

I think a lot of players see the RT as a special club with special privileges, but it's really just a tool for the developers to access specific feedback without having to read through a torrent of, often unhelpful or incoherent, posts.

Being on the RT is no prize. Your opinions don't count for more because you post them there. The developers for sure read and react to the public parts of this community far more often than they do to things brought up by round table members.

It's like being the guy in IT that fixes the bosses computer. Sure, every once in a while he calls for you specifically, but you aren't getting paid any more and the bonus is that your co-workers tend to resent you for it.
      yeh, you can also have people push your idea on the round table if it benefits them as well. just gotta find a guild that could possibly have similarly aligned views on the game. or know someone in a bigger guild that might think your idea is good to bring it up on the round table, but they still wont go against their own interest cause nobody sees themselves as a *villain* thats ruining a game, they just play the game in a matter which they liked playing it whether its for content, winning, planting flowers or gathering.
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

Piddle wrote:

I think a lot of players see the RT as a special club with special privileges, but it's really just a tool for the developers to access specific feedback without having to read through a torrent of, often unhelpful or incoherent, posts.

yeh, you can also have people push your idea on the round table if it benefits them as well. just gotta find a guild that could possibly have similarly aligned views on the game. or know someone in a bigger guild that might think your idea is good to bring it up on the round table, but they still wont go against their own interest cause nobody sees themselves as a *villain* thats ruining a game, they just play the game in a matter which they liked playing it whether its for content, winning, planting flowers or gathering.
      This is role playing. It doesn't have anything to do with the reality that we share. The worst you can say about the RT members is that their opinions are reflective of their own self interests. Which is what we call "totally normal". The fact that people seem to think that SBI would never in a million years think that someone was making a suggestion that is good for them, but bad for others, is super weird. You would think that a group of people who can successfully launch a video game probably have figured out the basics of human interaction as well.
      Demon Lord - UwU
      CANCEL PIDDLE
    • Georg51 wrote:

Hey its ok if you think someone who uses racial slurs and calls people retarded are fit for the round table then yah I agree, I dont meet the requirements.
      Still waiting other Gank's skeletons just to prove us that he didn't change between 2k17 and now. You have nothing? It's ok if you feel insecure and try your best to save your pathetic ego.

Either prove us wrong with recent shit or stop bitching around by not wasting your time/our time/SBI's time and give constructive feedback for the comunity. Maybe someday SBI will give you the invitational.

Clown.

EDIT : I think your best bet to getting to the RT for you rn is this

LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

Be a Guild Master of a guild that reached Gold or Crystal ranking in the previous Guild Season
      Pretty much dead with the "constructive feedback" route since how you bitch around in this topic.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• Georg51 wrote:

So is that really the procedure for applying to this? Someone submits an app, it gets largely ignored for over a week, then someone makes a smirky troll comment and the decision is represented by a post reaction?

I honestly expected something more formal and mature. So help me understand, what is the actual process to recieving a response to an app here?
      They obviously don't want you, and don't care enough about you to bother themselves sending a reply. You haven't realized that yet?
    • Owlsane wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

Hey its ok if you think someone who uses racial slurs and calls people retarded are fit for the round table then yah I agree, I dont meet the requirements.
      Still waiting other Gank's skeletons just to prove us that he didn't change between 2k17 and now. You have nothing? It's ok if you feel insecure and try your best to save your pathetic ego.
      Either prove us wrong with recent shit or stop bitching around by not wasting your time/our time/SBI's time and give constructive feedback for the comunity. Maybe someday SBI will give you the invitational.

Clown.
      Wow are you Gank's boyfriend or something? Struck a nerve I see. I didn't know who he was so I looked him up and the first thing I see on his wall is a racial slur - and you getting mad at me for pointing it out only reveals how sensitive you are to it, not me.

Anyways, the only one acting like a clown here is you and him. I'm not sorry that I tried to take applying to the RT seriously, and I wouldn't have gone to the lengths I did if I knew it was more a group of egotistical circle jerkers than it is a representative community group intent on improving the game. My bad for assuming it was something productive and meaningful. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.