this game has turned into a safe haven for PvE'ers

• RosySheGoneNdAway wrote:

The game needs to be balanced in PvP and PvE but it's the fault of PvE players not able to fight for themselves. You'd be wrong to think any PvE players could survive in red or black zones. Here's an example of how not to play in Roads as a PvE guild/alliance:

I have no issue running from 10-20 people a day while gathering in BZ currently. I'm working on my 4th T8 gathering spec and raising mastery for T6/7 for the others in the process.

What I have a problem with is when you use a CC skill to defend yourself from a gank and cant zone out of a dungeon or go to the next zone even if its another red/BZ zone and try to keep running even though you might die with others waiting for you. This isn't a nerf to gankers by removing the zoning lock once you "attack" a ganker or player. I'm just gonna keep saying this: Is it fun killing a defenseless person standing still at the exit of a dungeon or zone because he wanted to use skills to try and get away?
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Psycha wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

JayLocs205 wrote:

There needs to be more balancing with the pve/pvp systems because right now its just a mess. There should be a crime system set in place in a game that is mostly pvp with full loot drop mechanics. Right now Albion just feels like a endless grind game with no set destination or life in it and its due to the nature of how the pvp/pve elements mesh. Pvers have to worry about gankers because truthfully most pvers will be doing solo things like gathering because the pve in this game is trash and there is no better way of saying it whilst the gankers face no real danger/threat/punishment in a FULL LOOT drop game.

The crime system is what is flawed in my opinion. Also with the option too "flag" for pvp... like what??? Who in the hell came up with this dumb ass idea??? Why is there a flagging mechanic in a game that has an entire continent dedicated to pvping??? The flagging idea should be scrapped and never brought back into existence in this game again. On top of that, you have redzones which is still an optional flagging for pvp but however its a full loot drop pvp zone. So why exactly is there an option too pvp/pk in a pvp zone with the only punishment being a drop in rep???? See how dumb that idea looks and sound?The redzones need more meaning than just being a gank fest. If you flag for pvp/pk then you can basically go around and gank everywhere which is not the problem. There just is no punishment system set in place. After a while, this game will turn into a gank vs gank game. That does not sound thrilling at all.

SBI almost got it but they really need to brainstorm some ideas on better mechanics for a full loot pvp game. It still feels like a shell because the pvp/pve elements do not mesh at all and its just a complete sh*tshow. The black zone is solid and should remain as it is and definitely one of the better aspects of this game, however; the isles, in my opinion, has a fk ton of problems that needs to be addressed. Starting with a functional crime system to give those zones a little more impact on the decision a player will make and trashing the whole flagging for pvp concept. Flagging for pvp in a pvp zone... hahahaahah.
      So what you are saying is you want the whole royal continent turned into a safezone? Bye, Felicia.
      I'd actually like to see the entire game non safe and see how long the playerbase survives from the carebear gankers.
      Same here. I'd love to see all the people that don't risk anything leave, they don't actually add much to the game in the first place. Gathering would actually be worth the time too. It's a 360 win.
    • Why would you want people who are enjoying the game their way to leave? The point of a sandbox is to create a world in which you can engage in a fun way. SBI should be focused on making that world as fun as possible for both PVP and PVE. There doesn't need to be a division between the player-bases. They should be supporting each other.
    • Gibba wrote:

So this is your proficiency and expertise on pvp, Someky?
      I'm late to respond to this so:
      1. I literally said in a prior post that I have no interest in participating in full Loot PVP. It's just not how I enjoy this game and I don't shame anyone for enjoying it. We all enjoy the game in different ways.
      2. That's my abandoned alt... Ah... But I will return to it once I get tired of my current main.
      3. I'm pretty sure I don't have to participate in pvp myself to know what pvp is and how pvp players play... I have friends who enjoy pvp, I like listening to them discuss gank tactics cos it's interesting and helps me be more careful in black zones. So my opinions are well informed and you're just trying to discredit everything I've said or can ever say simply because I don't kill players.
      That's just bad argumentation
      4. I wish I could say I have 0 PVP fame on my current character. That would have cemented my reputation as a Saint.
      But sadly I accidentally killed a guy... Sorry three guys. But it was totally an accident.
      Money is my main goal... I don't have any and I'd like some

The post was edited 2 times, last by Someky ().

• Psycha wrote:

I have no issue running from 10-20 people a day while gathering in BZ currently. I'm working on my 4th T8 gathering spec and raising mastery for T6/7 for the others in the process.

What I have a problem with is when you use a CC skill to defend yourself from a gank and cant zone out of a dungeon or go to the next zone even if its another red/BZ zone and try to keep running even though you might die with others waiting for you. This isn't a nerf to gankers by removing the zoning lock once you "attack" a ganker or player. I'm just gonna keep saying this: Is it fun killing a defenseless person standing still at the exit of a dungeon or zone because he wanted to use skills to try and get away
      Sounds like a personal problem, if you don't know how to PvP then it's on you and no one else. You should already beware those zones have the chance for you to die but you shouldn't allow yourself to jump into the grinder. Other than that this sounds like a rant similar to 1000s of other rant about some bluie getting ganked and want the game to cater to them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by RosySheGoneNdAway ().

• New

I think the biggest problems with this game can be summed up in 3 things:

1. Rats
      2. Rats
      3. Ping

Let's be real. Blue zones and the Royal Continent for the most part is a safe haven for carebears. It's a place to learn the game. That's it. What happens there is of no concern to a real BZ/AR baller.

I could not care less that carebears get to enjoy the Blue and Yellow (and even Red) zones. I don't even care that they venture into the BZ and then make hilarious threads about dying.

Rats on the other hand are scum. They ruin the game for literally everyone. We all know this, you've worked your behind off to unlock content, gear up and some skilless prick comes along and gets your PvP rewards without a shred of PvP. They are neither Blue zone carebears nor BZ ballers. They're just around to profit off ripping other people off in the cheapest, weakest gear passable. It's more-or-less scamming, as you're stealing someone else's hard work. Not only that, but you're dodging all main aspects of the game. You aren't PvPing, you aren't gathering, you aren't participating in anything that actually DRIVES the game. You're just being a nuisance and showing everyone you don't even have the patience or skill to "git gud" and help a guild or group of friends actually play the game properly.

Ping is the other thing. Live in the AU or anywhere in SEA? You're screwed. East Europe? Screwed. China, Japan etc. Screwed.

My proposal is to instance maps. We have more than 500,000 monthly active players and the number is skyrocketing now. Instance maps according to location and release servers for EU and SEA. Literally one NA, EU and SEA node would be plenty. Resource respawns/exhausts could be persistent across all instances. Though I think an even better take would be to make them instance specific, but make Blue zones more deadly. Yes we have faction warfare there but it's not good enough. I know though that forced PvP in carebear zones would make a lot of people leave though and I do think that everyone should be able to have fun.

Either do this, or remove these dumb abilities that no one picks which require lightning reflexes like 1.5s shield and heal buff etc. because without 30-50ms ping making use of these in the middle of PvP is ridiculous.

Anyway, it's sad how many people stay in T5 and under zones just because they are terrified of dying in a PvP-centric mmo sandbox game... but if that's what they want to do, go for it. I saw a guy today crawling around naked in a Blue zone with obviously so much loot he could barely move. He just kept dying in ~2 hits to mobs in an outpost on the corner of the map and was screaming at me in whisper for a "corse" (I guess he meant horse). At first I thought he was botting, then I just realised he has no idea how to play the game properly. I didn't have a mount he could use and he didn't accept my offer to hold his res so I left him there to suffer. More than 1h later he whispered me again that he had changed his mind and wanted to give me the res but I was in AR and logging off to watch a movie. He bad a broken horse from so many deaths, destroyed gear and I doubt he even knew how to drop resources. He probably had nothing of value at all but still wouldn't discard it in favor of actually being able to walk normally. These are the people playing this game in Blue zones and why I don't mind what they do. Having said that, those guys are often friendly and many people said hello to me today there whilst I was teaching my partner how to play.

tl;dr - Fix rats and ping.

My 2 cents.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cursewords ().