this game has turned into a safe haven for PvE'ers

• Noone is talking about a solo ganker. Noone at all except you. and i agree most likely a gatherer would escape in 1 vs 1 situation and maybe 50/50 in 2 vs 1. but when its 4 people or 10 people ganking 1 gatherer then no he isnt escaping every time or rarely ever like you seem to think. This post was made to cry about PVE players are too "safe" and it's so unfair they can spend hours doing pve and get 500k or hours gathering and might make 1-2m. But gankers have it sooooo hard making 10m in 5 minutes of logging in.
    • Gunnar216 wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

I don´t think you understand how ganking works. When you gank, you don´t fight. You Kill. That´s especially a case if you gank in solo ( and ganking solo is sad, since people can just run into group dungeon to get a free escape). If you fight solo, you gotta kill as quickly as possible and be prepared to run to escape from groups
      I guess i don't understand your definition of ganking. most of what you described is not what i'd call "ganking". Here's from urban dictionary for you "Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves". and that's how i define it. so solo it is you ganking a solo gatherer that has no chance to fight back. Against a solo pve player its you bring 3+ people to attack. against a small group its you bringing 20+ to gank. there's no such thing as large scale ganks because that would just be zvz, just as you you attacking a dou doing dungeons wouldnt be you ganking them, it'd be fair fight which i am completely for and see no problem with.
      A t8 gathererer probly is worth like 500k while my friend killed a guy doing t8 solo dungeons with 4.1m in gear on. but generally its t5-t6 gathering near portal zones that get ganked the most or a guy running solo t5 dungeon gets raped by 4 players. Also outside of caerleon or outside of rests you get 10 people gank anyone transporting something solo which makes it almost impossible. I have about 5m resources in 1 hideout and i have 10m at a rest but i need to wait days/weeks to get a big group before i can even chance bringing to royal cities to sell.

But anyway the game not safe at all for pve players currently. there is a few options now where its not automatic death when i see an enemy on the map but far from safe. I believe people that put in time and work should be rewarded more. As i pointed out a gank takes seconds to finish, easy to earn 10m an hour and little risk in big group. while gathering t7-t8 nodes always empty, t6 has 1/5 left and t5 nets you 500k an hour maybe. now running into a gankers ruins that completely, they block one path takes, half hour to go around where you can find more gankers and get further delayed or just need to log off and come back later due to too much traffic. Now take a solo dungeon pve player, he hits one dungeon in 20 min gets 30k, then 50k, does another gets 200k and decides to go back with 280k for the hour only to get ganked and his time meant nothing. It's not balanced at all and heavily weighted in favor of ganking solo players.
      Ohh!

So when they were doing dives, they were doing dives in groups of 20 people versus 20 players who were inside the solo random dungeon working together in a party to get a solo player's worth of loot. I see now!

So that means 'gank' is the equivalent to ZvZ after all!

Aren't they honorable!

We need to correct the definition of ganking to mean ZvZ then.

this post was written in sarcasm, i consider gankiing 'as outnumbering to get easywin'.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • Gunnar216 wrote:

Noone is talking about a solo ganker. Noone at all except you. and i agree most likely a gatherer would escape in 1 vs 1 situation and maybe 50/50 in 2 vs 1. but when its 4 people or 10 people ganking 1 gatherer then no he isnt escaping every time or rarely ever like you seem to think. This post was made to cry about PVE players are too "safe" and it's so unfair they can spend hours doing pve and get 500k or hours gathering and might make 1-2m. But gankers have it sooooo hard making 10m in 5 minutes of logging in.
      Gatherers can make tons of after reset and in avalonian roads. Hell, some people might 15 m in an hour in ava road if they know what they are doing. And couple milions in 30-60 minutes, why not.

4 people, 10 people - doesnt matter. Escaping isn´t hard if you know what to do. Sure, people die - but that´s on them. Some people even gather with non mobile weapons, and what is there to say then ? Or even transporters, which is pepega.

Getting good cash from ganking is luck - you dont get 10m in 5 minutes of logging in. It´s more about luck.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Gunnar216 wrote:

I guess i don't understand your definition of ganking. most of what you described is not what i'd call "ganking". Here's from urban dictionary for you "Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves". and that's how i define it. so solo it is you ganking a solo gatherer that has no chance to fight back. Against a solo pve player its you bring 3+ people to attack. against a small group its you bringing 20+ to gank. there's no such thing as large scale ganks because that would just be zvz, just as you you attacking a dou doing dungeons wouldnt be you ganking them, it'd be fair fight which i am completely for and see no problem with.
      A t8 gathererer probly is worth like 500k while my friend killed a guy doing t8 solo dungeons with 4.1m in gear on. but generally its t5-t6 gathering near portal zones that get ganked the most or a guy running solo t5 dungeon gets raped by 4 players. Also outside of caerleon or outside of rests you get 10 people gank anyone transporting something solo which makes it almost impossible. I have about 5m resources in 1 hideout and i have 10m at a rest but i need to wait days/weeks to get a big group before i can even chance bringing to royal cities to sell.

But anyway the game not safe at all for pve players currently. there is a few options now where its not automatic death when i see an enemy on the map but far from safe. I believe people that put in time and work should be rewarded more. As i pointed out a gank takes seconds to finish, easy to earn 10m an hour and little risk in big group. while gathering t7-t8 nodes always empty, t6 has 1/5 left and t5 nets you 500k an hour maybe. now running into a gankers ruins that completely, they block one path takes, half hour to go around where you can find more gankers and get further delayed or just need to log off and come back later due to too much traffic. Now take a solo dungeon pve player, he hits one dungeon in 20 min gets 30k, then 50k, does another gets 200k and decides to go back with 280k for the hour only to get ganked and his time meant nothing. It's not balanced at all and heavily weighted in favor of ganking solo players.
      I think it wouldn't be unfair to point out that gankers are in many ways the PvP version of gatherers. They do what they do for resources and the feeling of progression (even though in many cases they aren't getting much of either) in the same way that gatherers have to grind for hours on resources and manage farms and play the market game. While I personally play the game for PvE/Gathering, I've noticed that different players HEARD different things when being sold on playing the game. I, and many other non-PvP players heard: "OPEN WORLD SANDBOX MMO WITH A PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY". Whereas PvP-ers heard: "OPEN WORLD SANDBOX WITH HARDCORE FULL-LOOT PVP".

Both are true.

So why are we trying to play two separate games at the same time, in the same game? Easy. Because instead of the open-world meta being expanded and enhanced, SBI has chosen to fill the world with instanced PvP play-pens to try to give everyone what they want which leaves no one satisfied, they periodically nerf weapons and equipment whenever outrage reaches critical mass, and conspicuously have allowed core elements of the game to languish, with Reputation and Factions being little more than placeholders for actual future content. The result, despite their intentions, has resulted in a polarization in the player base. We should be trying to encourage the PvP crowd to play with the PvE/Gatherers. But there is no incentive to do so. Unless you're role-playing really hard, there's not a whole lot of reason for say, a guild, to recruit pure Gatherers. Sure you could use that person in some capacity for the good of the guild, but the high-level guilds require PvP fame. Why? Because success of the guild is measured by territories and control of rare resources to deny others access. Guilds handle their own gathering, so why would they need to take on someone who is just gathering and crafting? So people who are not interested in PvP are pushed to the bottom, treated like fodder for gankers.

I ask, why are PvP-ers and PvE-ers not working together? Because the game does not facilitate coordination between these two groups. I propose that, just as we have player progression, there be world progression. What does that mean? Not simply, "oh this guild controls that zone or that guild controls that city". I mean we need mechanics in the game that are influenced by player choice that determine the state of the world. Right now everything is static. Only changed by the devs. Resource return rates, resource enchant rates, tax rates - anything that actually effects the economy needs to be influenced by the players in game actions, not on arbitrary updates or nerfs to the meta. The economy is MORE than just independent markets in each town or player demand for vanity items - it is EVERYTHING that we do to produce silver. Whether through trade, PvP, PvE or crafting/gathering. All of the variables that govern these things HAVE to able to be influenced by the players as a whole in order for the vision of Albion to be fully realized.

Now I have an idea on how to do this, and if you are so inclined, you can read through some of my other posts to get a taste. However, I will be starting a thread on this in the very near future, I've already rambled and I want to stay on topic.
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

i consider gankiing 'as outnumbering to get easywin
      en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gank

gank (third-person singular simple present ganks, present participle ganking, simple past and past participle ganked)
      1. (transitive, Internet, online gaming, slang) To kill much weaker players in an online video game in such a way that they cannot defend themselves. Common methods include attacking in much greater numbers or taking a well-equipped high-level character to assault players in a starting area.
    • Tomperon wrote:

So guys... gankers are like gatherers and they harvest people? Hahaha this forum is unique.
      Of course.

When i go gather, i gather nodes and gatherers / people. I see gatherers as mobile nodes, ready to be harvested. That´s why gathering was always a fun activity to me.

I see a node, i gather it.

I see a gatherer, i gather the gatherer.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • There needs to be more balancing with the pve/pvp systems because right now its just a mess. There should be a crime system set in place in a game that is mostly pvp with full loot drop mechanics. Right now Albion just feels like a endless grind game with no set destination or life in it and its due to the nature of how the pvp/pve elements mesh. Pvers have to worry about gankers because truthfully most pvers will be doing solo things like gathering because the pve in this game is trash and there is no better way of saying it whilst the gankers face no real danger/threat/punishment in a FULL LOOT drop game.

The crime system is what is flawed in my opinion. Also with the option too "flag" for pvp... like what??? Who in the hell came up with this dumb ass idea??? Why is there a flagging mechanic in a game that has an entire continent dedicated to pvping??? The flagging idea should be scrapped and never brought back into existence in this game again. On top of that, you have redzones which is still an optional flagging for pvp but however its a full loot drop pvp zone. So why exactly is there an option too pvp/pk in a pvp zone with the only punishment being a drop in rep???? See how dumb that idea looks and sound?The redzones need more meaning than just being a gank fest. If you flag for pvp/pk then you can basically go around and gank everywhere which is not the problem. There just is no punishment system set in place. After a while, this game will turn into a gank vs gank game. That does not sound thrilling at all.

SBI almost got it but they really need to brainstorm some ideas on better mechanics for a full loot pvp game. It still feels like a shell because the pvp/pve elements do not mesh at all and its just a complete sh*tshow. The black zone is solid and should remain as it is and definitely one of the better aspects of this game, however; the isles, in my opinion, has a fk ton of problems that needs to be addressed. Starting with a functional crime system to give those zones a little more impact on the decision a player will make and trashing the whole flagging for pvp concept. Flagging for pvp in a pvp zone... hahahaahah.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JayLocs205 ().

• JayLocs205 wrote:

There needs to be more balancing with the pve/pvp systems because right now its just a mess. There should be a crime system set in place in a game that is mostly pvp with full loot drop mechanics. Right now Albion just feels like a endless grind game with no set destination or life in it and its due to the nature of how the pvp/pve elements mesh. Pvers have to worry about gankers because truthfully most pvers will be doing solo things like gathering because the pve in this game is trash and there is no better way of saying it whilst the gankers face no real danger/threat/punishment in a FULL LOOT drop game.

The crime system is what is flawed in my opinion. Also with the option too "flag" for pvp... like what??? Who in the hell came up with this dumb ass idea??? Why is there a flagging mechanic in a game that has an entire continent dedicated to pvping??? The flagging idea should be scrapped and never brought back into existence in this game again. On top of that, you have redzones which is still an optional flagging for pvp but however its a full loot drop pvp zone. So why exactly is there an option too pvp/pk in a pvp zone with the only punishment being a drop in rep???? See how dumb that idea looks and sound?The redzones need more meaning than just being a gank fest. If you flag for pvp/pk then you can basically go around and gank everywhere which is not the problem. There just is no punishment system set in place. After a while, this game will turn into a gank vs gank game. That does not sound thrilling at all.

SBI almost got it but they really need to brainstorm some ideas on better mechanics for a full loot pvp game. It still feels like a shell because the pvp/pve elements do not mesh at all and its just a complete sh*tshow. The black zone is solid and should remain as it is and definitely one of the better aspects of this game, however; the isles, in my opinion, has a fk ton of problems that needs to be addressed. Starting with a functional crime system to give those zones a little more impact on the decision a player will make and trashing the whole flagging for pvp concept. Flagging for pvp in a pvp zone... hahahaahah.
      So what you are saying is you want the whole royal continent turned into a safezone? Bye, Felicia.
    • The true carebears in this game are the gankers talking in this forum. They want to gank gatherers and defenseless people for no effort and hope to gain profit.

How about quit being a lazy ass carebear and go and work just like the rest of us and grind all day getting fame and materials. Instead of bitching that you cant kill more of us gatherers and crafters and get easy money?

We're the real players and you know it. Without us you have no content to upload to Youtube of a vid called "murdering filthy casual gatherer" and you wont have an economy without us. If all "hardcore" "gankers" left the game then it'd be a real living world without you, it'd have trade and organized guild wars and ZvZ. Ganking would be trully seen as a plague on the game after they all leave and anyone that ganks will be hunted by guilds. It'd be known as true thieves afterwards like in a real mmorpg with a medieval fantasy theme should be.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

JayLocs205 wrote:

There needs to be more balancing with the pve/pvp systems because right now its just a mess. There should be a crime system set in place in a game that is mostly pvp with full loot drop mechanics. Right now Albion just feels like a endless grind game with no set destination or life in it and its due to the nature of how the pvp/pve elements mesh. Pvers have to worry about gankers because truthfully most pvers will be doing solo things like gathering because the pve in this game is trash and there is no better way of saying it whilst the gankers face no real danger/threat/punishment in a FULL LOOT drop game.

So what you are saying is you want the whole royal continent turned into a safezone? Bye, Felicia.
      I'd actually like to see the entire game non safe and see how long the playerbase survives from the carebear gankers.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Gunnar216 wrote:

Noone is talking about a solo ganker. Noone at all except you. and i agree most likely a gatherer would escape in 1 vs 1 situation and maybe 50/50 in 2 vs 1. but when its 4 people or 10 people ganking 1 gatherer then no he isnt escaping every time or rarely ever like you seem to think. This post was made to cry about PVE players are too "safe" and it's so unfair they can spend hours doing pve and get 500k or hours gathering and might make 1-2m. But gankers have it sooooo hard making 10m in 5 minutes of logging in.
      Gatherers can make tons of after reset and in avalonian roads. Hell, some people might 15 m in an hour in ava road if they know what they are doing. And couple milions in 30-60 minutes, why not.
      4 people, 10 people - doesnt matter. Escaping isn´t hard if you know what to do. Sure, people die - but that´s on them. Some people even gather with non mobile weapons, and what is there to say then ? Or even transporters, which is pepega.

Getting good cash from ganking is luck - you dont get 10m in 5 minutes of logging in. It´s more about luck.
      Yea then you get lucky and find someone wearing a 20mil mount and then you'd have to share the haul with your gank squad of 15 people that hounded over 1 person. Very skillful and very hard work indeed.
    • Psycha wrote:

The true carebears in this game are the gankers talking in this forum. They want to gank gatherers and defenseless people for no effort and hope to gain profit.

How about quit being a lazy ass carebear and go and work just like the rest of us and grind all day getting fame and materials. Instead of bitching that you cant kill more of us gatherers and crafters and get easy money?

We're the real players and you know it. Without us you have no content to upload to Youtube of a vid called "murdering filthy casual gatherer" and you wont have an economy without us. If all "hardcore" "gankers" left the game then it'd be a real living world without you, it'd have trade and organized guild wars and ZvZ. Ganking would be trully seen as a plague on the game after they all leave and anyone that ganks will be hunted by guilds. It'd be known as true thieves afterwards like in a real mmorpg with a medieval fantasy theme should be.
      I agree that ganks should get some nerf, but your suggestions looks like "remove outerworld PvP" Gank shouldnt be removed, because rn normal PvP in the outerworld (you find someone, attack them and they attack you) is almost non-existing and the game needs PvP and people dying because otherwise you cause the economy to go shit because resources would start getting sold at incredibly high rates and new pieces of equipment wouldnt be bought

Also, its a lot less common but blue gangs also exist, are groups of people that patrol red areas and if they see someone ganking, boom the gank back, those groups should be more common since thats how PvP should be in outerworld

Like I said, dont remove gankers, they are after all necesary both to economy and to mantain PvP alive in OW
    • Mrpotato wrote:

Psycha wrote:

The true carebears in this game are the gankers talking in this forum. They want to gank gatherers and defenseless people for no effort and hope to gain profit.

I agree that ganks should get some nerf, but your suggestions looks like "remove outerworld PvP" Gank shouldnt be removed, because rn normal PvP in the outerworld (you find someone, attack them and they attack you) is almost non-existing and the game needs PvP and people dying because otherwise you cause the economy to go shit because resources would start getting sold at incredibly high rates and new pieces of equipment wouldnt be bought
      Also, its a lot less common but blue gangs also exist, are groups of people that patrol red areas and if they see someone ganking, boom the gank back, those groups should be more common since thats how PvP should be in outerworld

Like I said, dont remove gankers, they are after all necesary both to economy and to mantain PvP alive in OW
      I didnt suggest removing gankers retard.

My only suggestion right now between some posts is to remove the safety bubble when you are under attack from dungeons or in a zone. For example: You get attacked in a solo dungeon and you defend yourself with windwall or use leech skills to heal HP and you wanna zone out you cant do that right now, but I suggested you can exit the dungeon or to a new zone even if its a safe zone you can still be hunted down by the players that attacked you. Making a big chase and put in strategy to lock someone into a kill zone. Rather than just having them tag you in a dugneon from an AOE spell you run into yourself and they get locked into a death sentence because a game mechanic says so lol.
    • What a joke.

Nerfing ganking ? W h a t a j o k e.

i am sorry psycha, but if you die as a gatherer - that is on you. Black zone is Black zone. It´s not and it should not be a safe zone for gatherers who are too lazy to look into the absolute basic mechanics of the game.

Gatherers are not defenseless. Gatherers are ... KINGS. Good gatherer with proper escape set is .... invincible. There is no way you can kill him. And 1 v 1, it is literally Impossible to die if you know how to play the game. Against many, it´s a joke as well. There are so many ways how to not die.

When was the last time i died to gankers ? Damn, that´s gonna be many months. It´s such a joke to get away from gankers, and you want to nerf ganking ? But i am not even suprised, since you don´t know the mechanics of the game.

Either way, it doesn´t matter now. Open world is pretty much dead now. People rot in CD and HCE, and why wouldn´t they ? It´s way better than black zone. T8 dungeons are for newbies, while smart people just grind CD.

I tried ganking few days ago. Black zone was just dead. Very few people even in T8 zones or in " high traffic " spots.
      The funniest thing is that black zone is so dead that you are more likely to encounter gankers - so you can only encounter gankers. And why is that ? Because people are thirsty for content. Not everyone wants to rot in instanced content. But there is nothing to do in open world anymore. T8 is no longer endgame zone - it´s a joke zone.

And then there is the blob meta where people are running in blobs - wheter it´s normal people or gankers.
      Oh well oh well. Hope open world will be great again, because i like open world. But as it is now : you spend way too much time looking for content that isn´t there and that just isn´t worth it. And if you find someone, it´s a blob. Oh well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().