Healer load out question

• Healer load out question

so I'm fairly new into the game and been experimenting and something I found out is I really enjoy healing and want to do it pve and in group pvp. The only problems I'm running into is I keep finding conflicting information.

For the pvp meta is seems like merc hood, cleric body and scholar sandals are the best. In my research tough I've also been finding people recommending a full cloth loadout. Is it worth it to switch to a cloth hood and if I do, which cloth head piece is the best?
    • Ravenael wrote:

so I'm fairly new into the game and been experimenting and something I found out is I really enjoy healing and want to do it pve and in group pvp. The only problems I'm running into is I keep finding conflicting information.

For the pvp meta is seems like merc hood, cleric body and scholar sandals are the best. In my research tough I've also been finding people recommending a full cloth loadout. Is it worth it to switch to a cloth hood and if I do, which cloth head piece is the best?
      my 2c there really is no "best" build, some are better than others for different kind of content. You definitely want to wear some type of cloth robe as a healer, but other then that, the boots and helm are really flexible. The type of cloth robe is flexible too. And IMO both holy and nature are fairly even healers at the moment in most content.
    • Full spec holy healer here.

Let me give you some options, and I recommend you play with them and determine what best fits your style

Head:
      -Mercenary Hood - group pvp
      -Cleric Cowl - pvp especially against gankers, pve
      -Knight Helmet - zvz
      -Scholar Cowl - arena
      -Graveguard Helmet - pve, arena

Chest:
      -Cleric Robe - zvz and group pvp
      -Robe of Purity - group pvp and against gankers
      -Mage Rob - group pvp
      -Druid Robe - pve

Feet:
      -Scholar Sandals - good in everything
      -Assassin Shoes - group pvp, pve, arena
      -Mage Sandals - group pvp, arena
      -Knight Boots - pve, arena

Cape should always be Lymhurst until you are much more experienced in using Scholar Sandals to regen mana.

Best of luck to you :-)
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.