BattleAxe need a buff

• BattleAxe need a buff

Hello, I am here to talk ( as many others have already did before me ) of the battleaxe.
      At the moment is the most heavily underpowered weapon of the axe's line and I will show you the proof that this weapon need some immediate buff.
      First of all, why battleaxe is so underperforming?
      The reasons are few actualy, so let's begin:
      1- The E (vampiric strike) is a single target ability that is able to do a less than decent damage and also heal yourself of ( on 3 stacks of bleeding) the same amount you are able to deal.
      2- The energy cost, like other axes, is huge but the battleaxe's E is only a single target spell.
      3- The cooldown of the spell isn't too much short, it is 15 seconds but it should be lower
      4- The Lifesteal's Heal is really low, this because the damage you are able to do a on a target is always reduced by enemy's resistence --> If your weapons states that you are able to deal 1000 damage, and the enemy reduces that damage of 50% (normal cloth armor), then you will get yourself healed only of half this amount.

Ok , now let's compare the battleaxe on another common weapon often found lately in solo corrupted dungeon, the BROADSWORD.
      First of all, here is a pic that shows both weapons special ability E.

As you can see, I've Marked with different colors every aspect that I found out quite intresting.

Let's begin with THE DAMAGE ( marked with a red square),
      as you can see a 3 charged broadswrod is able to deal 918 damage while a battleaxe is able to deal 415 damage (less than half).
      But the battleaxe have the lifesteal! even on 3 stacks of bleeding, if you use this spell with no damage bonus on a cloth user you will just get healed back by a mere amount of hitpoints ( 200-250).
      Just this is enough to show that battleaxe needs atleast a damage bonus OR an healing bonus when using the vampiric strike.

Then there are others things I want to talk about, the second thing is the ENERGY COST ( marked with a blue square): as you can see in the above immage, broadsword's MIGHTY BLOW costs only 35 points of energy while battleaxe's VAMPIRIC STRIKE costs 55 energy.
      So Vampiric strike costs almost 66% more energy than the broadsword's E.

Another intresting thing is the COOLDOWN; Mighty blow have a 10 seconds CD while Battleaxe's E have a 15 seconds CD ( so again, a 50% more cooldown for a spell that deals less than half the damage and costs 66% more energy ).
      And then we have one last point that I think should be slightly changed.
      Battleaxe's E is a melee-range spell while broadswords allows you to jump on the target ( 10 meters range).
      Take in account also the mobility of swords, this means that a broadsword is ALWAYS able to land his E on the target while battleaxe have to stay litteraly on it.
      Plus, there are other things that need to be rehauled on the broadsword's ends like the mighty blow's ability to interrupt target castings and also the fact that after you land the blow you also get an increased resistence for 3 seconds.

Afterall, I think that only few things need to be changed on battleaxe to make it a good weapon, my idea are these:
      1- Reduce cooldown to 10 seconds, to make it be the same of a broadsword
      2- REDUCE ENERGY COST by atleast a 30%
      3- If you don't want to change nor the cooldown or the energy cost, then increase the Damage done by atleast a 30% or make the LIFESTEAL on 3 stacks of bleeding be something like 120-130%.

Here I show you also a little video I made with my guildmaster, we were trying the damage of a battleaxe 8.3 with 100 spec on it ( more than 1700 ip) versus the damage done by a t4 flat broadsword with 100 spec ( 1010 ip approximately), so there is a 700 IP difference between these two weapons.
      I Hope you enjoy the video:)

The post was edited 2 times, last by marck97 ().

• yeah and its not very skillbased and way too strong, same with bradsword. Its a noob weapon and they should rather buff the skill based weapons or rework them. Skill based weapons as the trinity spear and the warbow deserve a buffand warbow. Those have deserved to be good becuase they have skillshots.

On trinity mana consumption is too high for spirit spear. Stacks hould give more damage or attack speed, becuause a lot of people use magerobe.
      Auto atatcks should in general be faster. Before the patch last year i had 1300 ip on a tier 4 trinity. The auto attacks made a good ammount of damage but the skills itself do not too much damage. Thats a problem for a weapon making auto attacks.
      Inpaler should do more damage becuase it is hard to hit. Even if i do everything properly i have problems winnign the fight now. I use demon helmet trinity and hutner jacket.
    • People think in battleaxe like they think broadsword, but it's a totally different gameplay style. I Just here to say that battleaxe damage doesn't need changes. Why? Because it heals.

If you build battleaxe equals to a broadsword, with cloth chest, or with a damage offhand, when you face a sword, you die. This is because you will use your E only 1 or maybe 2 times in a fight. Battleaxe it's a sustain weapon, and like a Nature, it needs TIME. So to win time, you need to build up thinking in Cooldown Reduction and Resistances.

I'm using only battleaxe on corrupted dungeons. My build it's that:

Guardian Helmet - Combines with the idea of the build, so i can use guardian helmet a lot of times during a fight.
      Mercenary Jacket - Sustain and Resistances, more than any cloth chest. You just use this after the mage robe (everyone using this shit).
      Assassin Shoes - Immune roll, could avoid big damages, to gain some TIME.
      Martlock Cape - Resistances if you low your health, to gain some TIME.
      Facebreaker - Damage and resistances, very good balance. But a Sarcophagus could work aswell.
      Deadwater Eel Stew - Good balance between damage and cooldown.
      Healing Potion - Sustain.

In most figths i'm able to use my E more than 3 times, maybe 4, because i win a lot of time, and this time it's also good to Q DoT's do the job of the damage.

I do not think it's an OP build, I think it's Almost balanced. High energy costs Or mobility makes me have some trouble, in some situations.

My changes to Battleaxe to make it more viable, to get to a good balanced state:
      - Reduce cooldown from 15 seconds to 13,5 seconds.
      - Reduce 15~25% of the energy cost.
    • Yeah i'm kinda agree with this, comparing with broadsword cause it's another 1h weapon btu as DaarioNaharis said, different style but in some points that doesn't matter, both weapon can be use with a offhand to accomodate CDR for example, why then there's 5 secs of difference between one E and another? And the damage, im agree with the point of the axe's the heal so less damage it's ok but as marck said, there's a resistances in the middle, so I think it could be a better damage, maybe 500 cause dont forget, Swords can have charges with W and passive in addition with the Q so its pretty easy to get 2 charges (600 dmg)

The huge problem's the mana, i understand greataxe mana cost cause clear sooooooo easy but this axe is not for clear mobs so reduce a bit.

And pls, fix the damn bug when u finish a enemy with E!! U dont get healed
    • Lynnkk wrote:

Yeah i'm kinda agree with this, comparing with broadsword cause it's another 1h weapon btu as DaarioNaharis said, different style but in some points that doesn't matter, both weapon can be use with a offhand to accomodate CDR for example, why then there's 5 secs of difference between one E and another? And the damage, im agree with the point of the axe's the heal so less damage it's ok but as marck said, there's a resistances in the middle, so I think it could be a better damage, maybe 500 cause dont forget, Swords can have charges with W and passive in addition with the Q so its pretty easy to get 2 charges (600 dmg)

The huge problem's the mana, i understand greataxe mana cost cause clear sooooooo easy but this axe is not for clear mobs so reduce a bit.

And pls, fix the damn bug when u finish a enemy with E!! U dont get healed
      Yeah, this bug it's bad for PVE
    • Well, I've read other people feedback and I think that the energy cost reduction is a MUST, and then I think that maybe a slightly tune up in damage would do the trick ( by still conserving the same cooldown).
      And about what Lynnkk said, yea they HAVE TO FIX the no lifesteal if u kill a mob / player, Is really really annoying!
    • Battleaxe is a joke - it´s completely useless.

And axes are crappy in genera - we can see that even more in corrupted dungeons.

Main issues of axes : 1) way too mana hungry . Mana cost should be reduced by like 30%, otherwise you have to wear scholar cowl - not even lymhurst cape is an option as long as one wont finish fights extremely quickly.

2) lack of mobility. Sure, you can put adrenaline boost on W ( movement speed ) aaaand then you will simply underperform in comparison to other weapons, since axes are supposed to be about damage - and without damaging W, axes are a joke.

3) Simply not that high damage. And the bleeds doesn´t help, not to mention they are easily removable. One might say " but the heal reduction is nice, right ? " - well, try to keep 3 stacks on someone. And in zvz ? Nope. That´s not gonna happen. In small scale content ? - due to lack of mobility, axes have extremely hard time sticking to someone and thus the 3 stacks are soon to be 0 stacks.

And how is it in corrupted dungeons ? Well, they are a joke there. The damage is underwhelming, lack of mobility, and the need to stick on target makes it completely unusable there. Add there the fact that hunter hood counters axes hard, people running guardian helmets, and the fact that one cannot but run scholar cowl ( and thus not being able to use hunter hood, guardian helmet and such ) makes axes a joke there.

At least reducing energy cost by like 30-40% might help. I mean .. come on - i tried to fight that highly mobile bloodletter rat with knight armor, guardian helm and taproot. And guess what ? I just run out of mana even with scholar cowl. Due to how tanky he, i just run out of mana. He could just stand and not moving and you die as an axe because you soon run out of mana - try it if you dont believe it. As long as he won´t hit you when you turn on scholar cowl ( yes, nobody will hit you when you have it on, especially in corupted).

The only thing that is unique to axes are bleeds that do almost nothing - though, they usually screw you over because mage robe than purges all buffs from you due to your Powerful bleed that hits 10 hp per second. At least they will be nerfing mage robe so that won´t be the case, but that still makes axes a joke.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • I actually think they should make bleed damage deals (true damage) not physical damage because bleeding damage scales down with resistances like this, and tbh bleeding being a true damage makes more sense and more logical.

why would one's physical resistance or armor reduce bleeding? think about it.

then all axes would be balanced and fun to play by default
    • Sounds like an alright idea. Would give them a bit more damage. Reduce energy cost by 30-40% and it could be interesting.

Since mobility on axes is crap, giving them a bit more damage makes sense.

Look at crossbows currently. Their mobility is low, but their damage is insane. In comparison to axes, it´s just sad. Not only axes have crappy mobility, but not a decent damage to speak of.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Sounds like an alright idea. Would give them a bit more damage. Reduce energy cost by 30-40% and it could be interesting.

Since mobility on axes is crap, giving them a bit more damage makes sense.

Look at crossbows currently. Their mobility is low, but their damage is insane. In comparison to axes, it´s just sad. Not only axes have crappy mobility, but not a decent damage to speak of.
      actually axes have good mobility, but you lost damage with that, by chosing the move speed W. So axes need more damage in Q Bleed or on E.
    • totaly agree on the fact that axe energy costs are too high! without a lym cape you will finish all your energy after 2mobs or at half fight in pvp,
      i tryed dagger and crossbow recently and you stay full energy while spamming every skill non stop <.<
      the only way to stay up with energy is to use exclusevly Q

the base atk speed (or on hit dmg) is so low that its impossible to fight toe to toe with someone who use dagger or sword ,
      you cant even kite hoping for bleed doing some dmg since with the lag any auto-attacker seemingly hits you from bow range <.<
    • E just needs to be true damage. The 1h axe is actually quite strong but its E has been in need of a rework for a while now. If it wasn't bugged (not healing when you kill a target) and it ignored target resistances (true damage) it would be in a good spot imo.
    • DaarioNaharis wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Some potential against scrubs. Against good players, it´s more than obsolete. Far from S or A tier
      Yeah, it's impossible to set all weapons as higher tier.
      Depends, it´s not that hard to buff or nerf some weapons, especially weapons that are completely useless like spears.

Look at the axe for example. Buffing adrenaline boost and making it similar to will power on swords W would make it more viable : making it so that you are unpurgeable. Will it be enough to balanc axes ? No, but it would be a step towards the right direction.
    • Borbarad wrote:

DaarioNaharis wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

Some potential against scrubs. Against good players, it´s more than obsolete. Far from S or A tier
      Yeah, it's impossible to set all weapons as higher tier.
      Depends, it´s not that hard to buff or nerf some weapons, especially weapons that are completely useless like spears.
      Look at the axe for example. Buffing adrenaline boost and making it similar to will power on swords W would make it more viable : making it so that you are unpurgeable. Will it be enough to balanc axes ? No, but it would be a step towards the right direction.
      You are looking to the wrong side of axes. I've got purged 0 times doing corrupted dungeons, and i have made more than 30. If you use a mercenary jacket, against a mage robe fighter. If any of you uses R, the mercenary jacket wins, comparing same weapons. So, considering this, you just use your mercenary jacket After mage robe buff ends.

And the nerf on mage robe (can't purge from damage by dots) helped a lot.

In general, i'm not saying that battleaxe it's perfect. But basically a reduction of 1.5 seconds on cooldown and some energy cost reduction will make this weapon really Great. The actual state it's also usefull in various situations.