1 Handed Dagger Life Steal - PVP Needs Changed.

• 1 Handed Dagger Life Steal - PVP Needs Changed.

It was nerferd for mobs, but it's still way over the top in pvp. The cooldown in it is just too short. Every 20 seconds it's basically a heal to full in pvp. It also cannot be purged. Put a hunter jacket on this and run up to someone and it's basically 1 shot. Don't tell me you can run either, b/c if they stun you, it's gg. I've faced it many times already in corrupt with my 8.3 set vs. theirs. Either the amount it heals for needs to be changed or the cooldown nearly doubled.
    • sp33dr4ge wrote:

It was nerferd for mobs, but it's still way over the top in pvp. The cooldown in it is just too short. Every 20 seconds it's basically a heal to full in pvp. It also cannot be purged. Put a hunter jacket on this and run up to someone and it's basically 1 shot. Don't tell me you can run either, b/c if they stun you, it's gg. I've faced it many times already in corrupt with my 8.3 set vs. theirs. Either the amount it heals for needs to be changed or the cooldown nearly doubled.
      Just learn to play this game
      1h dagger is the easiest counterable weapon in game
      You could simply walk and it’ll do just 1/3 of its dmg
      You could totally counter dagger having 2 saves like Retaliate and Sprint or Cleric or Ambush or whatever
      Knockback him ones and it’s whole E is wasted
      Smart swords users could literally walk away and dagger wouldn’t even hit ones
      You just bad in this game if 1h daggers dominates you
      PS: 1h dagger E should not have self DoT at all , that way MAYBE it would be playable in 1v1 scenario
    • Bada wrote:

well there's a lot of 1h daggers in corrupted, and it's a pain in the ass. I think you should be able to purge their E.
      There are so many 1h daggers in new dungeons because 90% of players didn’t already learn how to counter it properly
      1h isn’t even in top 5 1v1 weapons
      Light crossbow, broadsword, carving, 1h mace, bows, some curses , black hands, bloodletter- all this weapons are way more usable for 1v1 scenarios and new dungeons pvp
    • Bada wrote:

well there's a lot of 1h daggers in corrupted, and it's a pain in the ass. I think you should be able to purge their E.
      The entire point of 1H Dagger is that it's basically the only DPS that isn't a massive overpowered Crossbow that should have been nerfed 16 months ago that can't be purged. Your answer to everything in this game is purge, and 1H Dagger bucks that. Unfortunately, all you have to do is walk away from them and they deal more damage to themselves than you.

1H Dagger needs a buff in PVP, not a nerf. It's entire skillset is E or Bust and it's E is countered by literally right-clicking somewhere away from them, boots will seal the deal on this. Daggers still need a complete redesign, and it isn't the Lifesteal on the 1H Dagger's E. If they want to tone down the lifesteal, they'd need to hard-buff the damage becausfe it would be inferior to a Bow in every facet despite being a melee that's 100x harder to use.
    • Acoustic wrote:

Bada wrote:

1H Dagger needs a buff in PVP, not a nerf.
      I will concede to you that daggers maybe need a redesign, but a very cursory glance at the 1x1 data on websites and the top CD players shows that daggers are in a very favorable, if not the best spot. Don't seems like it needs a buff.
    • Tomperon wrote:

So what are you using? Dont Tell me you wanna Win a fight against Gucci 8.3 using t5 equips

I was wearing 8.3 sword, 8.3 mage robe, 8.2 helm, 8.2 taproot. The issue was the stun lands and e combo with r on hunter jacked its almost 1 shot. I was at 15% before I could even walk away.
      haha yeah these people who think they can just walk away from a stun dagger on their e clearly haven't fought at higher levels with skilled players in corrupts. To answer the other guys question I was in full 8.3 as well. If 1 handed dagger lands the stun, which by the way is easy to do b/c it shoots like a missle, then it's gg. You are easily 20% health min. after that. If they combo this with a demon cape... well you might even die in that short stun window. Then they drop back and reset with assassin hood.... I think the concept is fine, but in equal gear a full burst dagger with the hunter r should maybe get me to 50% not darn near kill me or lock me up so long I can't counter.
    • I think weapon that can
      - heal you to full health
      - while doing decent damage,
      - unpurgeable
      - and still have chasing/stunning utilities
      IS clearly OP.

We could try to play with few aspects here:
      - increase self-damage while E is active
      - decrease lifesteal amount (from RP perspective, assassin's emploi is about damage, not sustain)
      - make it purgeable
    • NocturnalPoetry wrote:

I think weapon that can
      - heal you to full health
      - while doing decent damage,
      - unpurgeable
      - and still have chasing/stunning utilities
      IS clearly OP.

We could try to play with few aspects here:
      - increase self-damage while E is active
      - decrease lifesteal amount (from RP perspective, assassin's emploi is about damage, not sustain)
      - make it purgeable
      please stop whining... As others have said if you're remotely adept at this game you'd realize the time span a 1 handed daggers e is available is very short, a few seconds and can be countered with cc, a stun,or by simply keeping your distance after its popped. A hunter hood could pretty much nullify the healing received.... It's simple.... Oh or instead of adapting to diff weapon playstyles we could just endlessly nerf all weapons right? Let just have auto attacking lol
    • NocturnalPoetry wrote:

I gave a constructive feedback, if you have thoughts why it's not OP, please, stop whining and elaborate.
      like many weapons it has its counter. Items like hunter hood in its old state were op and thus had to be nerfed. 1v1 a solo dagger player with some scholar sandals, Hunter hood, druid sandals ( if they are the one that make an ice path, and ice staff, and mace, most hammers, fire staff with fire wall, i could go on.... Limit its mobility and you win.... Stop whining and adapt. Get better then come back here and feel free to post apologizing for being so rude and foolish <3
    • Yea, here write daddys ) walk away and u win ) lol...

20 sec CD on dagger E, 30 sec CD on boots (run and other)
      dagger uses E, u run away, dagger following, uses W(stun), E - > and f*ck, u have boots on CD )

Yea, some weaps makes it easy) but for some weaps it is extremly bad)
      And from balance with other weaps, for example vs. 1H axe ) yea? axe E heals ~300hp, and dagger heal 2.5k ) TOP ) needs other weapons bust, not nerf) or rebalance for PVP
    • NocturnalPoetry wrote:

I gave a constructive feedback, if you have thoughts why it's not OP, please, stop whining and elaborate.
      You just one more newbie who don’t know how to play this game and how to outplay the easiest weapon to outplay in this game
      1h dagger is the weapon to kill newbs
      Skilled enemy is harder to kill with it than with swords/bows/bloodletter/crossbow even axes
      So stop crying if you are bad in the game and learn to play
      Ps: 1h dagger should be buffed by reducing DoT from 4% to 0% at least

The post was edited 2 times, last by kheeta ().