Red / Black Zone Solo Dungeon Change is a Bummer

• Red / Black Zone Solo Dungeon Change is a Bummer

ive been running solo dungeons in black zone this morning and yet to run into another player in dungeon, either diving or running. I think 90 seconds is way too low before portal disapears.

Since you have the technology with avalon portals, why not use those for solo dungeons?

First group to enter can be any size. For 90 seconds any size group can enter. After 90 seconds, only the number of people currently in the dungeon can enter.

So after 90 seconds, if someone is running solo, 1 person can enter to try to gank. If a duo is in there, two people can enter, etc.

That would still allow fun random pvp encounters to occur which is just not happening under the current implementation
    • I agree , i have been doing solo dungeons since the day they released and i know they have there share of problems with blobs diving them etc but this change if it sticks will kill solo dungeons. Theres just no point in them while I appreciate the new 1v1 hg type dungeons thete still not the same as a nice fight in a solo dungeon.
    • CDEEKS wrote:

I agree , i have been doing solo dungeons since the day they released and i know they have there share of problems with blobs diving them etc but this change if it sticks will kill solo dungeons. Theres just no point in them while I appreciate the new 1v1 hg type dungeons thete still not the same as a nice fight in a solo dungeon.
      Sounds like someone who like's to bring in 3+ players to kill a solo crying. If your looking for 1v1, then the new corrupted dungeons are better in every way.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

I don't understand. You are guaranteed quicker and more 1v1 fights, vs opponents with same IP if you do new corrupted dungeons.
      Ahaha why you think he looking for 1 v 1 in SRD?

Most players dive SRD to be sure they easily can win 3+ vs 1-2. Nothing more, and there is nothing new.
      Or at least get fight vs player with half HP in PvE gear, when they come full with PvP gear.

This is "PvP" they want, so that why such players will not go corrupted dungeons. Its to risky for them, to fight someone in PvP gear 1 v 1. They omg, can lose.

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

I don't understand. You are guaranteed quicker and more 1v1 fights, vs opponents with same IP if you do new corrupted dungeons.
      Ahaha why you think he looking for 1 v 1 in SRD?
      Most players dive SRD to be sure they easily can win 3+ vs 1-2. Nothing more, and there is nothing new.
      Or at least get fight vs player with half HP in PvE gear, when they come full with PvP gear.

This is "PvP" they want, so that why such players will not go corrupted dungeons. Its to risky for them, to fight someone in PvP gear 1 v 1. They omg, can lose.
      Maybe people like playing with their friends? The open-world, PVP can happen at any point, non-scripted style of gameplay was a major draw for a lot of people. I get that solo players get salty about being dove 2v1, but most those duo's who dive you are also clearing dungeons as they go, and getting dove by other duo's and trio's. It was fun. You can easily make the argument that if you want to solo farm, why not run corrupted dungeons? You're guaranteed not to get an unfair fight and you can easily banish an invader if you want to just purely PVE for BZ loot & fame.

Everyone says to do hellgates, but that comes down to fighting 4-0 Bows or 8-1 Claymore guys, and then heading back to town, & back out to do two more on a loop. That's fun for maybe 30-60 minutes but not something you can do for hours, and it makes sense people would be upset aboout one of the few activities you can do with one or two friends being removed.

I think the mists can kind of replace the SRD gameplay, but worried that the meta will become 6 man raven squads rolling up to people clearing the green chests.
    • NummyJammers wrote:

I was very excited about the patch until I found out about this. This is a game breaker for my play style. Open world none instanced Pvp is what I do. The arena type game play is not for me. This will 100% have me looking for another game. I guess it was fun while it lasted.

Same. Its the time right now that I normally do solo dungeons and get some fights here and there. Soooo boring to not have anyone to gank and no chance of anyone running in on me to spice things up.

I get what they're trying to do with corrupted dungeons, I don't see why they had to change the old system at the same time. Having both might of even drawn some of the gankers away naturally if they had given it a chance.
    • NummyJammers wrote:

I was very excited about the patch until I found out about this. This is a game breaker for my play style. Open world none instanced Pvp is what I do. The arena type game play is not for me. This will 100% have me looking for another game. I guess it was fun while it lasted.
      What?
      If your playstyle is open-world non-instanced PvP then those portal changes don't affect you at all.
    • Bukem wrote:

iRawr wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Ahaha why you think he looking for 1 v 1 in SRD?Most players dive SRD to be sure they easily can win 3+ vs 1-2. Nothing more, and there is nothing new.

Maybe people like playing with their friends? The open-world, PVP can happen at any point, non-scripted style of gameplay was a major draw for a lot of people. I get that solo players get salty about being dove 2v1, but most those duo's who dive you are also clearing dungeons as they go, and getting dove by other duo's and trio's. It was fun. You can easily make the argument that if you want to solo farm, why not run corrupted dungeons? You're guaranteed not to get an unfair fight and you can easily banish an invader if you want to just purely PVE for BZ loot & fame.
      Everyone says to do hellgates, but that comes down to fighting 4-0 Bows or 8-1 Claymore guys, and then heading back to town, & back out to do two more on a loop. That's fun for maybe 30-60 minutes but not something you can do for hours, and it makes sense people would be upset aboout one of the few activities you can do with one or two friends being removed.

I think the mists can kind of replace the SRD gameplay, but worried that the meta will become 6 man raven squads rolling up to people clearing the green chests.
      So interesting:
      • It sounds like you prefer open-world PvP, yet you want to dive SRDs, which is the complete opposite
      • You justify diving 2vs1 with "We PvE too along the way"
      • You don't want to play the actual 2vs2 PvP mode in HG as then you're faced with currently strong weapons and opposition. Are you sure you want to do actual PvP, or the cheap "PvP" in bringing numbers and diving?
    • 1v1? Corrupt dungeons. 2v2 or 5v5? HG. Big group fights? GvG or ZvZ. Wanna kill people that can't defend themselves using pve gear and pve skills? Divers... and some of this people call it "pvp" LUL. The stupid content I ever made was dive. Free kills and free loot. The fun part is laugh in discord whit your friends but call that PvP is beyond ridiculous, and yes, you still can make tons of silver from it.
      Stop saying dive or gank is pvp and learn one or two thinks and try to actually pvp against people that want to pvp. If you want to dive or gank it's ok, but don't call it pvp, makes you loot stupid.
    • NummyJammers wrote:

lol. So what you're saying is that only fun thing in Albion for you was to outnumber a solo/duo player(s) in SRD? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
      Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see...
    • El1jah wrote:

NummyJammers wrote:

lol. So what you're saying is that only fun thing in Albion for you was to outnumber a solo/duo player(s) in SRD? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
      I cant speak for others but for me its more that it just makes fame farming a lot more exciting knowing people can attack you at anytime. Im totally fine with it if devs implement a way to restrict solo dungeon diving to even fights, but having no pvp in black / red zone solo dungeons takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.
    • I mean I get it, I do. But as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, group dungeons are still diveable. And that's where the real fame is. I personally feel like the SRD update was a good one. Was it perfect? No. But it was good.
      Because I feel like the 1v1 dungeon is a good fill for this, it evens the odds & rewards you accordingly.

Question. If you were fame farming alone in SRD t8 and you got ganked by 2-3 people with your IP or higher and you died. Is that still exciting? I myself also enjoyed when I got dived by a solo player. If I died, welp thats on me. But if I had 2-3 people geared up for keeping me locked down & bursting me down. Not that exciting.
      Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see...
    • Lofthild wrote:

Bukem wrote:

Maybe people like playing with their friends? The open-world, PVP can happen at any point, non-scripted style of gameplay was a major draw for a lot of people. I get that solo players get salty about being dove 2v1, but most those duo's who dive you are also clearing dungeons as they go, and getting dove by other duo's and trio's. It was fun. You can easily make the argument that if you want to solo farm, why not run corrupted dungeons? You're guaranteed not to get an unfair fight and you can easily banish an invader if you want to just purely PVE for BZ loot & fame.Everyone says to do hellgates, but that comes down to fighting 4-0 Bows or 8-1 Claymore guys, and then heading back to town, & back out to do two more on a loop. That's fun for maybe 30-60 minutes but not something you can do for hours, and it makes sense people would be upset aboout one of the few activities you can do with one or two friends being removed.

So interesting:
      • It sounds like you prefer open-world PvP, yet you want to dive SRDs, which is the complete opposite
      • You justify diving 2vs1 with "We PvE too along the way"
      • You don't want to play the actual 2vs2 PvP mode in HG as then you're faced with currently strong weapons and opposition. Are you sure you want to do actual PvP, or the cheap "PvP" in bringing numbers and diving?

I guess I misused open-world PVP. I mean non-instanced PVP that can happen at any point without warning, in a huge variety of situations. Open-world fights are good too (and I've enjoyed the mists for that so far), but generally if someone is prepared to fight you it's because they have 8 people on the way, and trying to dismount someone as a duo isn't particularly feasible.

I'm not justifying diving 2v1 with 'We PVE along the way'. I'm saying that the gameplay loop I've enjoyed the most is largely PVE based with occassional, unpredictable PVP, wearing random sets that I want to fame up. That we get dove and ountumbered too, and sure, sometimes you get a little salty when you're worth a lot & die, but it takes 5 minutes to regear and get back out and move on. I've done plenty of solo dungeons myself and have won my fair share of 1v2's both as the diver and the divee. The imagine of people running over the map checking every dungeon to see if it's in progress is largely false in my experience because it's boring as hell - you mostly fight other people running dungeons.

I do play Hellgates too when things are quiet & i want to kill some time, but rarely for more than an hour - it's just highly repetitive & generally less enjoyable then clearing dungeons and picking fights along the way. I think trying to boil albion's duo play down to hellgates and pure PVE farm is removing a lot of what the game had to offer.

I also said if the mists can act as a hub to find 2-4 man fights while farming chests & mobs then the SRD change isn't too big a deal, but that's a big if.

El1jah wrote:

I mean I get it, I do. But as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong, group dungeons are still diveable. And that's where the real fame is. I personally feel like the SRD update was a good one. Was it perfect? No. But it was good.
      Because I feel like the 1v1 dungeon is a good fill for this, it evens the odds & rewards you accordingly.

Question. If you were fame farming alone in SRD t8 and you got ganked by 2-3 people with your IP or higher and you died. Is that still exciting? I myself also enjoyed when I got dived by a solo player. If I died, welp thats on me. But if I had 2-3 people geared up for keeping me locked down & bursting me down. Not that exciting.
      Sure, group dungeons are divable, but if you want to clear them as you go as a duo you need to run healer + meta AOE DPS in lower tier dungeons, and most people don't like playing healer. We've also just had the dagger solo group dungeon meta and that was boring regardless of the fame since it was literally just grinding mobs, I didn't even get dagger to 100 before I'd had my fill. The real fame was in the 5 man ava groups and I still only did maybe 10 of those in total because it was boring to just PVE with no intention of fighting.

If you mean in terms of purely diving group dungeons, then sure if you're okay with running around for more than an hour zoning into a dungeon and then A-ing out, but that's not particularly engaging imo. Meanwhile there are actual solo dungeons that were introduced in the form of corrupted dungeons that fixed the issue of being dove unfairly.

I've killed a fair number of people in 1v2 situations and lost close 1v2's where I know exactly where I messed up - yes it is exciting. I can see it if you play fire / great frost or something that's pretty helpless 1v2, but there's a ton of weapons that work in small scale fights & for clearing dungeons.
      There's a guild called Kingdom of Poland that would dive the T8 zone by Merlyn's Rest as a mini-zerg of 8 and I could see the funny side in that (/s Wow I didn't know all of Poland were in here), and took extra satisfaction in killing them when I found one or two of them away from the herd.

I just really hope the mists fill the gap in giving people a place to roam around, kill mobs, fame up and find random small scale fights. If it does, this is fine, but it bugs me seeing the 'yOu JuSt WaNt To 2v1 ScRuB' thing in response to people who are losing their main way to find small scale fights, and this pretense that 2v2 / 2v3 wasn't a regular thing. If all the solo players went into corrupted dungeons and SRD PVP consisted of parties of 2 or more, it would be preferable to what we had before.
    • Bukem you're talking to carebears, don't waste your time. The game has been invaded by them and now they set the rules because they scream the loudest.

The game has lost all appeal for me currently because the risk and adventure have been significantly reduced. Structured content is the new meta for SBI. Organic content is being banished in waves.
    • Lockemup wrote:

El1jah wrote:

NummyJammers wrote:

I cant speak for others but for me its more that it just makes fame farming a lot more exciting knowing people can attack you at anytime. Im totally fine with it if devs implement a way to restrict solo dungeon diving to even fights, but having no pvp in black / red zone solo dungeons takes a lot of the fun out of it for me.
      Dude just admit you like to 3v1 random half health solo players while in your full pvp set because you're scared of fair fights. There's no shame in it. It just means you're just like the majority of the playerbase