Red / Black Zone Solo Dungeon Change is a Bummer

• Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Calesvol wrote:

Psyopy wrote:

Bukem you're talking to carebears, don't waste your time. The game has been invaded by them and now they set the rules because they scream the loudest.

The game has lost all appeal for me currently because the risk and adventure have been significantly reduced. Structured content is the new meta for SBI. Organic content is being banished in waves.
      Nothing reeks of carebear more than diving. Even in its purest form where you have a solo diver invading a solo dungeon, it's still a situation where often times the invader is looking for PVP, geared for PVP, and attacking a target that is often times unsuspecting, geared for PVE or progression (maybe you just needed to spec loldemonic staff or lolglaive or lollongbow), with cooldowns, with less than full life, and with mobs drapped on them.What's more is that people who are running PVE are typically doing so for progression. They are trying to get stronger, they are trying to level up, and they are trying to gain some wealth, so that they can get into the actual fight. The people who are diving are typically more experienced and more established, so they have an even greater advantage because of all the reasons above plus the fact they are going to have high native IP from progression and through gear.Then, to further exacerbate the issue, you have the real carebears that are taking n+1 into these solo dungeons, and this is why we cannot have good organic content because it just turns into griefing. And griefing pisses off customers and they leave, so the alternative is to force everyone into controlled PVP instances where you at least get some sort of equality of opportunity. Of course people will always argue for equality of outcome, which is just the opposite side of the carebear spectrum.
      Agree. The funny thing is, the more they defend or deny it, the worse they look..... and they don't even realize it.
      When pirating is seen as carebear LOL.... you guys should just stick to blue and yellow zones. If you can’t defend it it was never yours in the first place. Basic rule for any sandbox mmorpg .
      sooo the people faming in easy to kill gear at half health and a complete disadvantage cause 3 other people dove on them deserves to lose their shit? Sounds like you're looking for an easy fight lol you literally fall into the category of carebear and just outed yourself as the very people that don't recognize it. Noted in the very post you quoted lmao
      No you are clearly mentally stunted but here I’ll spell it out for you. Yellow /blue zone are for people that want to fame farm with no risk. Red and black zones are suppose to be more risk but better rewards. If you don’t want pvp to happen then should stay in yellow and blue zones.
      If you think that every pvp encounter should be completely fair then you are clearly playing the wrong game.

The term carebear was created back in a game called Ultima Online where people won’t only stick to trammel (safe zones) and would avoid pvp at all costs. Player killers or pirates would kill people for profit or fun. Despite the situation wether it was fair or not pks or pirates would take advantage of any situation they could . It’s been done like this since mmos have been around.

Saying that pks are carebears is just funny. To hear you clearly not understand what are talking about and then try and insult people with it only shows how stunted you are.

If people goto red or black zones not geared for pvp and are mad when they lose it all well honestly that’s their problem. They have consciously made a decision to get higher fame per hour at the cost of a disadvantage.

For you to argue that every engagement has to be fair only shows that you have not won outnumbered fights and realize how fun it is to do so.

Bottom line the change doesn’t follow Albion online vision for risk vs reward. It’s a stupid change and hopefully admins will see that
      im mentally stunted? Bro you shouldn't be saying that shit to anyone with that kinda grammer. Before you start throwing shade maybe go back to grade school so you can do it without looking so ignorant. Might need to look that word up its kinda a big one for some people I didn't bother reading your novel of a post. Got maybe a chapter in. Feel free to dm it to me ill get around to reading it eventually if you being right and feeling all big and bad for being a bz player is so important lol.

Look At how enraged you got over me saying youre care bear lol. Where there is smoke there is fire. I started back in beta i don't need mechanics explained by some pleb tyvm. Feel free to further embarrass yourself though <3
    • SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Calesvol wrote:

Psyopy wrote:

Bukem you're talking to carebears, don't waste your time. The game has been invaded by them and now they set the rules because they scream the loudest.

The game has lost all appeal for me currently because the risk and adventure have been significantly reduced. Structured content is the new meta for SBI. Organic content is being banished in waves.
      Nothing reeks of carebear more than diving. Even in its purest form where you have a solo diver invading a solo dungeon, it's still a situation where often times the invader is looking for PVP, geared for PVP, and attacking a target that is often times unsuspecting, geared for PVE or progression (maybe you just needed to spec loldemonic staff or lolglaive or lollongbow), with cooldowns, with less than full life, and with mobs drapped on them.What's more is that people who are running PVE are typically doing so for progression. They are trying to get stronger, they are trying to level up, and they are trying to gain some wealth, so that they can get into the actual fight. The people who are diving are typically more experienced and more established, so they have an even greater advantage because of all the reasons above plus the fact they are going to have high native IP from progression and through gear.Then, to further exacerbate the issue, you have the real carebears that are taking n+1 into these solo dungeons, and this is why we cannot have good organic content because it just turns into griefing. And griefing pisses off customers and they leave, so the alternative is to force everyone into controlled PVP instances where you at least get some sort of equality of opportunity. Of course people will always argue for equality of outcome, which is just the opposite side of the carebear spectrum.
      Agree. The funny thing is, the more they defend or deny it, the worse they look..... and they don't even realize it.
      When pirating is seen as carebear LOL.... you guys should just stick to blue and yellow zones. If you can’t defend it it was never yours in the first place. Basic rule for any sandbox mmorpg .
      sooo the people faming in easy to kill gear at half health and a complete disadvantage cause 3 other people dove on them deserves to lose their shit? Sounds like you're looking for an easy fight lol you literally fall into the category of carebear and just outed yourself as the very people that don't recognize it. Noted in the very post you quoted lmao
      No you are clearly mentally stunted but here I’ll spell it out for you. Yellow /blue zone are for people that want to fame farm with no risk. Red and black zones are suppose to be more risk but better rewards. If you don’t want pvp to happen then should stay in yellow and blue zones.If you think that every pvp encounter should be completely fair then you are clearly playing the wrong game.

The term carebear was created back in a game called Ultima Online where people won’t only stick to trammel (safe zones) and would avoid pvp at all costs. Player killers or pirates would kill people for profit or fun. Despite the situation wether it was fair or not pks or pirates would take advantage of any situation they could . It’s been done like this since mmos have been around.

Saying that pks are carebears is just funny. To hear you clearly not understand what are talking about and then try and insult people with it only shows how stunted you are.

If people goto red or black zones not geared for pvp and are mad when they lose it all well honestly that’s their problem. They have consciously made a decision to get higher fame per hour at the cost of a disadvantage.

For you to argue that every engagement has to be fair only shows that you have not won outnumbered fights and realize how fun it is to do so.

Bottom line the change doesn’t follow Albion online vision for risk vs reward. It’s a stupid change and hopefully admins will see that
      im mentally stunted? Bro you shouldn't be saying that shit to anyone with that kinda grammer. Before you start throwing shade maybe go back to grade school so you can do it without looking so ignorant. Might need to look that word up its kinda a big one for some people I didn't bother reading your novel of a post. Got maybe a chapter in. Feel free to dm it to me ill get around to reading it eventually if you being right and feeling all big and bad for being a bz player is so important lol.
      Look At how enraged you got over me saying youre care bear lol. Where there is smoke there is fire. I started back in beta i don't need mechanics explained by some pleb tyvm. Feel free to further embarrass yourself though <3
      Insults someone‘s education, then follows up with saying it’s to hard to read a paragraph. Feels bad dude
    • Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Calesvol wrote:

Psyopy wrote:

No you are clearly mentally stunted but here I’ll spell it out for you. Yellow /blue zone are for people that want to fame farm with no risk. Red and black zones are suppose to be more risk but better rewards. If you don’t want pvp to happen then should stay in yellow and blue zones.If you think that every pvp encounter should be completely fair then you are clearly playing the wrong game.

im mentally stunted? Bro you shouldn't be saying that shit to anyone with that kinda grammer. Before you start throwing shade maybe go back to grade school so you can do it without looking so ignorant. Might need to look that word up its kinda a big one for some people I didn't bother reading your novel of a post. Got maybe a chapter in. Feel free to dm it to me ill get around to reading it eventually if you being right and feeling all big and bad for being a bz player is so important lol.Look At how enraged you got over me saying youre care bear lol. Where there is smoke there is fire. I started back in beta i don't need mechanics explained by some pleb tyvm. Feel free to further embarrass yourself though <3
      Insults someone‘s education, then follows up with saying it’s to hard to read a paragraph. Feels bad dude
      someone can't distinguish difficulty from pure lack of interest. If it upsets you dm it to me. Ill put it on the to do list
    • SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Calesvol wrote:

Psyopy wrote:

No you are clearly mentally stunted but here I’ll spell it out for you. Yellow /blue zone are for people that want to fame farm with no risk. Red and black zones are suppose to be more risk but better rewards. If you don’t want pvp to happen then should stay in yellow and blue zones.If you think that every pvp encounter should be completely fair then you are clearly playing the wrong game.The term carebear was created back in a game called Ultima Online where people won’t only stick to trammel (safe zones) and would avoid pvp at all costs. Player killers or pirates would kill people for profit or fun. Despite the situation wether it was fair or not pks or pirates would take advantage of any situation they could . It’s been done like this since mmos have been around.

im mentally stunted? Bro you shouldn't be saying that shit to anyone with that kinda grammer. Before you start throwing shade maybe go back to grade school so you can do it without looking so ignorant. Might need to look that word up its kinda a big one for some people I didn't bother reading your novel of a post. Got maybe a chapter in. Feel free to dm it to me ill get around to reading it eventually if you being right and feeling all big and bad for being a bz player is so important lol.Look At how enraged you got over me saying youre care bear lol. Where there is smoke there is fire. I started back in beta i don't need mechanics explained by some pleb tyvm. Feel free to further embarrass yourself though <3
      someone can't distinguish difficulty from pure lack of interest. If it upsets you dm it to me. Ill put it on the to do list
      lol your kill to death fame says it all

Kill Fame:10.9k
      Death Fame:684.1k
    • Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Calesvol wrote:

Psyopy wrote:

No you are clearly mentally stunted but here I’ll spell it out for you. Yellow /blue zone are for people that want to fame farm with no risk. Red and black zones are suppose to be more risk but better rewards. If you don’t want pvp to happen then should stay in yellow and blue zones.If you think that every pvp encounter should be completely fair then you are clearly playing the wrong game.The term carebear was created back in a game called Ultima Online where people won’t only stick to trammel (safe zones) and would avoid pvp at all costs. Player killers or pirates would kill people for profit or fun. Despite the situation wether it was fair or not pks or pirates would take advantage of any situation they could . It’s been done like this since mmos have been around.

cause this is my first character lulz ok and i play stoned half the time in bz which i attribute to most of my deaths lol. I have nothing to prove to some elitist pleb online lol. Is your insult supposed to make me feel bad andback down? Gz on failing. Keep trying tho it's cute <3
    • Bukem wrote:

Hey Devs, I just died a 1.8m fame death running my crafted stuff to the black market. This is clearly unfair and will disincentivize new players from playing the game.

In the spirit of this patch, please can we make it so that if a red hits you in the redzone you become invulnerable for 10 minutes unless you decide to fight back? This type of non-consensual PVP is unacceptable.

Edit - please also rollback PVP fame from between 01:15 and 01:45 UTC to ensure integrity of the leaderboards
      you are definitely a crafter since you know jack :')
    • Polymorphs wrote:

Bukem wrote:

Hey Devs, I just died a 1.8m fame death running my crafted stuff to the black market. This is clearly unfair and will disincentivize new players from playing the game.

In the spirit of this patch, please can we make it so that if a red hits you in the redzone you become invulnerable for 10 minutes unless you decide to fight back? This type of non-consensual PVP is unacceptable.

Edit - please also rollback PVP fame from between 01:15 and 01:45 UTC to ensure integrity of the leaderboards
      you are definitely a crafter since you know jack :')
      Maybe I should have put a /s? Thought it was an obvious joke - I want the ruthless PVP blackzone back & I'm fine with ganking being part of the game
    • SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

SgtVancoor wrote:

Papatuna wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

Calesvol wrote:

Psyopy wrote:

No you are clearly mentally stunted but here I’ll spell it out for you. Yellow /blue zone are for people that want to fame farm with no risk. Red and black zones are suppose to be more risk but better rewards. If you don’t want pvp to happen then should stay in yellow and blue zones.If you think that every pvp encounter should be completely fair then you are clearly playing the wrong game.The term carebear was created back in a game called Ultima Online where people won’t only stick to trammel (safe zones) and would avoid pvp at all costs. Player killers or pirates would kill people for profit or fun. Despite the situation wether it was fair or not pks or pirates would take advantage of any situation they could . It’s been done like this since mmos have been around.Saying that pks are carebears is just funny. To hear you clearly not understand what are talking about and then try and insult people with it only shows how stunted you are.

cause this is my first character lulz ok and i play stoned half the time in bz which i attribute to most of my deaths lol. I have nothing to prove to some elitist pleb online lol. Is your insult supposed to make me feel bad andback down? Gz on failing. Keep trying tho it's cute <3
      10.9k kill fame ...... lol . You’ve only killed like 1 person in t4 flat gear . You’ve had no experience in the current subject about diving because your kill fame shows you have not even done it. Just admit it dude you stayed in yellow zones before this patch and only now venturing out of the safe zones because the admins have made it extremely safe to grind green solos. You’re fame tells all , just a keyboard warrior finally glad that he can grind fame without being dove.
    • Psyopy wrote:

Bring back diving, the game has lost all appeal without it and you have killed the loot and the thrill. There is no risk/reward anymore. Whoever came up with this idea needs to be fired.
      I dunno, I'm having a great time finding nothing but either emptiness or 20 man zergs. Awesome PVP content. I pretty much just take care of my islands now and i dunno why i bother
    • Bukem wrote:

Psyopy wrote:

Bring back diving, the game has lost all appeal without it and you have killed the loot and the thrill. There is no risk/reward anymore. Whoever came up with this idea needs to be fired.
      I dunno, I'm having a great time finding nothing but either emptiness or 20 man zergs. Awesome PVP content. I pretty much just take care of my islands now and i dunno why i bother
      i AGREE I EVEN STARTED LOOKING BACK INTO OTHER GAMES TO THEY FIX THIS DUMPSTER FIRE OF A PATCH. they had correct idea with 1v1 dungeons but they just fucked it all up. it wouldnt be too bad if they at least left us the SRD pvp diving content until they ballance CD. Or even better leave the SRD in blacvkzones divable and the red and y b zones can all stay same.

I just wish the developers would be honest with us and tell us the direction there taking albion, if there planning on catering to the pve crybabies then i want out now and i want told. I have spent the last 18 months on this game leveling , grinding and loosing shit all for what? Now most of my sets i use are all max spec i have over 510m fame 140m in pvp so i would like to know what the future holds becasue right now i do not want to spec abnother level in anything to i know the direction there taking this game.
    • No.

What's wrong? You can't fight 1v1 in corrupted dungeons with people using properly pvp gear? Nah the biggest problem here of crying babies it's now they can't bring their boyfriends to gank 10x1 in solo dungeons. You guys can starve I don't care. Best patch ever. Anyway you still can dive just go in some random t8 or any other maps people are being lazy to wait 90 seconds they just rush in to the mobs. I still dive some people but the difference is that I am not crying or taking like 10 people with me to dive solo dungeons. Cry more babies, cry more.
    • hunterGOD wrote:

No.

What's wrong? You can't fight 1v1 in corrupted dungeons with people using properly pvp gear? Nah the biggest problem here of crying babies it's now they can't bring their boyfriends to gank 10x1 in solo dungeons. You guys can starve I don't care. Best patch ever. Anyway you still can dive just go in some random t8 or any other maps people are being lazy to wait 90 seconds they just rush in to the mobs. I still dive some people but the difference is that I am not crying or taking like 10 people with me to dive solo dungeons. Cry more babies, cry more.
      On which alt are you doing it?
      Images
      • 6227BB32-3CF6-4C2A-948F-521572E2ECB3.jpeg

526.37 kB, 1,520×1,029, viewed 80 times
    • The fix is very easy:

Change the despawn timer of solo dungeons from 90 seconds from last player entering, to instead despawn when half the mobs of the first floor have been cleared.

This prevents players from just waiting at the entrance, and instead encourages them to quickly clear the dungeon in order to "earn" their safety.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Myelinated wrote:

The change to solos also ended up making most of the road zones below tier 6 pointless.

why even try to do Avalon road sites when you can just zone into a t8 black and run solos without ever seeing a soul or being dove.

let alone running maps and enchanted maps now.
      The tiers of the mobs at the mob camps can be any tier, regardless of the zone tier. For example: the group mob chest in our T7 Hideout zone spawns T8 mobs.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Georg51 wrote:

The fix is very easy:

Change the despawn timer of solo dungeons from 90 seconds from last player entering, to instead despawn when half the mobs of the first floor have been cleared.

This prevents players from just waiting at the entrance, and instead encourages them to quickly clear the dungeon in order to "earn" their safety.
      I agree this would be a much better system than the current 90 sec.