Is there any way to change a character's name?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This question has been asked like 100 times, if you searched first you would find the answer is no each time. Your name is attached to your reputation. So if you steal a billion silver from your guild, and nobody wants to play with you anymore, you don't have the option to just spend a little money to change the name. Your stuck with your name unless you want to start a new character.
  • Blenfjorn wrote:

This question has been asked like 100 times, if you searched first you would find the answer is no each time. Your name is attached to your reputation. So if you steal a billion silver from your guild, and nobody wants to play with you anymore, you don't have the option to just spend a little money to change the name. Your stuck with your name unless you want to start a new character.
    Firstly, I did type "name change" in the search bar before posting this. Nothing useful came up, just a bunch of random posts that had nothing to do with that.
    Secondly, the reputation is not impeditive for this.
    Other games that I played in the past had this feature, and to deal with that scenario you described they just kept the name history for that character public (in the character info section).
    Also, for those who steal a billion silver from people (or more, if you're familiar with old cases like Saya): They definetely have other characters, that changes nothing really. They can just play with another character and do it all over again.

Yes, its not fool proof, but if your a scammer and have put time into building your character, not being able to change the name is an incentive for you to consider whether you want to flush that effort down the toilet by becoming a known wanker.

In answer to your question, yes you can change your name, follow these simple steps.
    1. Log out of the character you want to change the name for.
    2. At the character select screen, select DELETE and following the instructions for DELETING the character with the name you want to change.
    3. Create a new Character with the name required.

Tips:
    a. Ensure you pass over all your items and silver to another character you have, or a chest on your island. A second character and island are needed, otherwise you may have to trust someone with your stuff
    b. Always think carefully when naming your characters in game.
    c. Once you delete that character, the name wont become available at a later stage, its gone.

Have a nice day :)
    ItsNewbie
    ----------------------
    https://www.aoherald.com/
  • ItsNewbie wrote:

Many guilds and alliances keep blacklists of players who are twits.

Yes, its not fool proof, but if your a scammer and have put time into building your character, not being able to change the name is an incentive for you to consider whether you want to flush that effort down the toilet by becoming a known wanker.

In answer to your question, yes you can change your name, follow these simple steps.
    2. At the character select screen, select DELETE and following the instructions for DELETING the character with the name you want to change.

Tips:
    a. Ensure you pass over all your items and silver to another character you have, or a chest on your island. A second character and island are needed, otherwise you may have to trust someone with your stuff
    c. Once you delete that character, the name wont become available at a later stage, its gone.

Please tell me you copy pasted this and you didn’t actually write it yourself
  • ItsNewbie wrote:

Tips:

Yeah sure, just gonna delete my main character that I played on since day 1 of albion.

@everybody
    Look, I'm "ItsNewbie" and I'm trying to be funny on the internet with copy pasta content. lmao

ItsNewbie wrote:

Tips:

Yeah sure, just gonna delete my main character that I played on since day 1 of albion.
    @everybody
    Look, I'm "ItsNewbie" and I'm trying to be funny on the internet with copy pasta content. lmao
    LOL, thats the best you have.
    ItsNewbie
    ----------------------
  • DildoSwaggings wrote:

ItsNewbie wrote:

Tips:

Please tell me you copy pasted this and you didn’t actually write it yourself
    What? I like to help the stupid out... call it a character flaw :P
    ItsNewbie
    ----------------------
  • ItsNewbie wrote:

rds wrote:

ItsNewbie wrote:

Tips:

Yeah sure, just gonna delete my main character that I played on since day 1 of albion.@everybody
    LOL, thats the best you have.
    Nah, just the best you are gonna get ;)
  • Every time this is asked people immediately say that name changing shouldn't be allowed as nicknames carry players' reputation with them, but they could simply add name changing to the shop AND keep the name x reputation in place by allowing players to check all the previous nicknames of a character, be it in-game or on the website. There are some MMOs that work that way already. You would be able to namechange, but people would still know who you are/were.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nietz ().

• Nietz wrote:

Every time this is asked people immediately say that name changing shouldn't be allowed as nicknames carry players' reputation with them, but they could simply add name changing to the shop AND keep the name x reputation in place by allowing players to check all the previous nicknames of a character, be it in-game or on the website. There are some MMOs that work that way already. You would be able to namechange, but people would still know who you are/were.
    Exactly.

Every time this is asked people immediately say that name changing shouldn't be allowed as nicknames carry players' reputation with them, but they could simply add name changing to the shop AND keep the name x reputation in place by allowing players to check all the previous nicknames of a character, be it in-game or on the website. There are some MMOs that work that way already. You would be able to namechange, but people would still know who you are/were.
    Orrrrrrr, and this idea is going to sound crazy..... maybe take character creation seriously and make a name you like from the beginning instead of naming the character something stupid and wanting to change it later.
  • Hi I may add that, honestly I didnt know I was going to like Albion. Since all the names I wanted were taken (and somehow It seems I cannot stand 10 minutes to pick a name), so I ended up with this long and weird name. I wish I would pick something better (now I dont want to start again, it's not only because the many hours invested in dng and gathering, also because I have friends and my story), I kinda like it now, on Discord it ended up being "met" "stars" "metal" "yo' wizard come here" ...

The idea of keeping a track of previous names and reputation+charguing a really big amount of gold would be cool (2 months of premium x example). Since a lot of people do bad things on this game that even exceed the gaming context.

Then, I've known a guy whose name was "MrHolocaust" and one day he found out that His new name was MrKitty. Obvious reasons to be censored and stripped...

We'll see what happens... meanwhile stick to your character's name, probably Is well know between beloved friends, guild and dear enemies. :)
    BYOT is recruiting - Bring your own trees because you can´t have any of ours!!! JOIN US https://discord.gg/3tUzREvJ56
  • Blenfjorn wrote:

Nietz wrote:

Orrrrrrr, and this idea is going to sound crazy..... maybe take character creation seriously and make a name you like from the beginning instead of naming the character something stupid and wanting to change it later.
    Is it that crazy in a MMORPG that you can literally change what your character do completely just by dragging a sliding bar (respec-ing)?

The name change availability to all players is is not a unreasonable request, considering how Albion works.

So far, the only "problem" people found was regarding the player's reputation, which we adressed.

And FYI, my personal problem with my character name is exactly that: it's too serious regarding some political views in my country. As I am trying to create content (to the people from my country), I'd rather not have such a strong name anymore, to avoid unnecessary drama.

Is it that crazy in a MMORPG that you can literally change what your character do completely just by dragging a sliding bar (respec-ing)?
    The name change availability to all players is is not a unreasonable request, considering how Albion works.

So far, the only "problem" people found was regarding the player's reputation, which we adressed.

And FYI, my personal problem with my character name is exactly that: it's too serious regarding some political views in my country. As I am trying to create content (to the people from my country), I'd rather not have such a strong name anymore, to avoid unnecessary drama.
    As a whole, they aren't going to add this, they have said it time and time again. If someone did something shifty, it is a lot to ask for everyone to search an archive or whatever, to see what someone's old name was. The vast majority of people who would change their name is someone who is trying to escape something really bad that they did and profited from. This isn't GTA, where you can kill a bunch of people, run into a house, change your clothes, and everyone forgot that you killed a bunch of people. They aren't going to add this feature.

In your specific case maybe report yourself for having an offensive name and perhaps they will change it for you. Problem is, you won't be able to choose your new name, they will choose it for you. Prepare to have the character's name changed to something containing the words 'Puppy' or 'Kitty'.
  • Perfect example of this. A player named Maigic looted her friend's chest this past week. It contained a bunch of HCE stuff, maybe worth about 500 million silver. She was called out by some streamers, and I outed her to 10,000+ members of the HCE Discord. Her guild kicked her, and she received a lot of pressure from a lot of people. She ended up returning the items. But her name is ruined and she said she will never play that character again and is changing to an alt. If this idea was put in place, she could simply change her name, and practically erase her miss-deeds.