Returning player: How are the outlands now in practise?

• Returning player: How are the outlands now in practise?

I havent been playing for a long time. Like 2 years (dont remember exactly).
      Before i quitted i remember i hated how the end-game looked like - very uptight, hardcore guilds owning entire end-game, and a barren lands suited for farming bots. I remember that i had to join a hardcore guilds with policies like 100% discord connection just so i could get a taste of a small portion of group pvp, and get access to leveling up my gathering/crafting skills. I even was forced to donate the high tier resources to the guild, so it was like a slavery/internship. That really felt bad. Developers gave such power to the first-to-come-first-served that they could basically enslave anyone who wanted some access to it.

So here i am after these 2 years checking up what changed. The bits and pieces of info i have read looks promising. Some major revamps and stuff. But im interested in how it all plays out in practise? Did things changed, or it was just cosmetic shuffle? How are the outland guilds nowadays? Is there some place for non-hardcore players in the "end-game"/outlands of Albion? Or its either full hardcore, discord bound or stay out of outlands still? I have nothing against great levels of organization in guilds, discord for organised events etc. I was serious about contributing to guild myself. I was even creating interactive synchronised data sheets and handy tools - but since i wasnt the "old guard" in the guilds i still felt like a peon/grunt that generates resources or acts like a RTS unit for the "old guard" guild officer. However nowadays i cant really sit on discord all the time for variety of reasons and i cant afford nolifing mmorpg anymore to the extend i could before. Are non-hardcores boomers allowed in outlands now in some form other than player controlled pray or gathering/smuggling ninjas?

Everyone likes the slogans, and the Albion's devs love to create nice sounding slogans, but i wonder if anything changed at all. Im back since yestarday and now im re-learning the ropes of everything, searching trough my old sheets and best strategies, wondering if there is a point in doing that. :)

Thanks in advance for objective insights on current situation.
    • There are still hardcore guilds, so that hasn't changed. The only content that was exclusive back then was GvGs, which has become more casual since the introduction of crystal GvGs.

For someone who doesn't know what they're doing, the blackzones are still just as dangerous as they ever were. The overall changes and direction of the game have only improved imo.

I don't know what your definition of "end-game" is, but the only content a smaller guild has trouble participating in is ZvZs (which decides terri ownership).
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • So what would you recommend to a person who were living in black zones before, can craft top tier part of armor, gather high tier stuff, is non-hardcore now, and just returned so propably forgot plenty of dark zones basics? :) I have some plans, but will gladly read recommendations form someone up to date with everything. Btw. i guess now everyone is able to gather/craft high tier? Thats another thing i havent thought about. 2 years, so thats more than enough for most of the albion population to max out the destiny tree? It didnt got any bigger from what i have observed.
    • There are more gatherers, but there is also a higher overall population and more black zones (tiles) now, too. Also, fishing may be new to you.

The patch coming next week is going to shake things up, especially for smallman content and gatherers who will spend time in the new area (Roads).

Joining an experienced guild (doesn't have to be big), can help a lot. Especially if they have a hideout in a T7/T8 zone. Otherwise, you could live solo out of one of the public hideouts (there are a few), or live out of one of the many Rests in the black zone (basically a small safe area/city).

Gathering and crafting high tier things can still be a valuable profession. Caerleon is no longer the center/main place, so every city has its own market/economy.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • The best fame is still tied to pvp in hg, but between random dungeons and hce there is much more open access to decent pve fame that is less prone to pvp. There are many casual groups finding success in the black zones without having to worry about territory ownership. Even territory ownership is just a small portion of ranking for season ranking. When the avalonian roads update drops, there will be high value areas where nobody can stake a claim and players can only move around in small numbers.