Are the owners of their own islands idiots?

• Generally speaking, when the prices on the market don't make sense to you, the problem is usually that you don't know something that other people do. I am not a fishspert though. But, in life whenever you have the thought, "Is everyone else an idiot or is it just me?", the answer is that everyone else isn't an idiot.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • I know why people sell magazines. I repeat, the price of a completed magazine cannot be more than the price of an empty magazine plus the price of fish that a working fisherman will catch. Otherwise, buying them is simply unprofitable! And then you can't play on the energy of crafting in order to bring it to a plus. For fishermen, filling out a magazine is just an accompanying income. And they should not set the price for them, but we, those who keep the workers. So why do we force ourselves to play at a loss?
    • NickRomo wrote:

I know why people sell magazines. I repeat, the price of a completed magazine cannot be more than the price of an empty magazine plus the price of fish that a working fisherman will catch. Otherwise, buying them is simply unprofitable! And then you can't play on the energy of crafting in order to bring it to a plus. For fishermen, filling out a magazine is just an accompanying income. And they should not set the price for them, but we, those who keep the workers. So why do we force ourselves to play at a loss?

Vesen wrote:

Not everyone wants to waste time filling journals.
      Time is a resource as well.
    • A lot of weird things happens in the markets, some things are smart and some are simply noobish mistakes. However, I would presume that those who creates buy orders, are typically aware of the results and have done some proper calculations. Perhaps that guy who paid over price from journals was just power leveling the fisherman regardless he cannot make profit that way.
    • First off, please stop calling them magazines, they're called journals in the game. Not sure why this bothers me so much, but it does.

Second, things in the game are priced at what others are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay 30K for a full journal, that's what it costs. Players dictate the prices and those with silver are willing to pay a premium to avoid gathering. If you can't afford to dip your toes in that pool, you need to find a different pool.

Personally I tried the whole laborer thing for a while myself and sunk quite a bit of silver into it trying. Until I realized I made more silver just selling the full journals to the idiots willing to over pay.