Gathering Gear Wind Wall

• Gathering Gear Wind Wall

There's no real reason this should flag a gatherer using it to escape a gank as "hostile" and thus unable to leave through a portal in the black zone. I'm sure I'll get people saying that I'm a noob etc. but it's completely counter-intuitive. I know a lot of this game is learning from deaths and everyone dies.. but this one doesn't fit the role of the gear. The design of gathering gear is to be able to slip away from danger, not lock you in "combat" so that you can't leave an area.
    • Mike221v wrote:

There's no real reason this should flag a gatherer using it to escape a gank as "hostile" and thus unable to leave through a portal in the black zone. I'm sure I'll get people saying that I'm a noob etc. but it's completely counter-intuitive. I know a lot of this game is learning from deaths and everyone dies.. but this one doesn't fit the role of the gear. The design of gathering gear is to be able to slip away from danger, not lock you in "combat" so that you can't leave an area.
      I agree 100%

Gathering gear is for escaping. None of the armor abilities should prevent you from escaping/zoning
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

actually, it is pretty intuitive

anything that affects another player (cc/snare/debuff/etc) is going to put you into combat

otherwise gankers would use windwalls and forced movement spells only to zone through an exit if confronted by a real fight
      Intuitive my ass.

My avalonian basalisk causes enemies to be slowed when they attack me. Guess what. I am NOT locked in combat.
      My pest lizard passively gasses. Fuck me. I am now locked in fucking combat.
      My occult staff, which has an E that provides and escape, locks my sorry ass in combat because it USED to do damage, but the brilliant devs ripped that out and gave it a slow.

Intuitive my ass.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Crane wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

actually, it is pretty intuitive

anything that affects another player (cc/snare/debuff/etc) is going to put you into combat

otherwise gankers would use windwalls and forced movement spells only to zone through an exit if confronted by a real fight
      Intuitive my ass.
      My avalonian basalisk causes enemies to be slowed when they attack me. Guess what. I am NOT locked in combat.
      My pest lizard passively gasses. Fuck me. I am now locked in fucking combat.
      My occult staff, which has an E that provides and escape, locks my sorry ass in combat because it USED to do damage, but the brilliant devs ripped that out and gave it a slow.

Intuitive my ass.
      Seems that basilisk is buged right now... You should also be locked in combat when You slow somebody...
      Mby i should test it in ganking ^^ :P