Suggestion: Change reflect mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion: Change reflect mechanics

Reflect is a bullshit mechanic. It punishes people for dealing damage, and it even deals more damage to the damager.

That makes it insanely OP. The upcoming nerf to hunter hood that reduces it from 100% to 70% will change nothing. It will still be OP like always.

Nerf it to the ground, otherwise the balance is a joke. Why some weapons can´t be reflected, while some can ? You have brain dead weapons like light crossbow or weeping that are insanely strong and unreflectable on top of that. And then you have melee that requires some skill, is more dangerous, and reflectable.

I am salty because people run hunter hoods and i can´t even turn on a darn stalker jacket without dying when 2 or even more people turn on hunter hood.

Even t4 hunter hood just wrek people. How fun it is when whole group people have hunter hoods - it´s really great.

Just remove or balance this darn mechanic, or make it reflect like 20% of damage. Not 150 or 200% damage dealt or even more.( with resists up).

Also make it that you can get reflected by only 1 hunter hood. The way it is, if mage uses their Q burning fire on the ground and 3 people turns hunter hood on and stands in it, he dies. Even 8.3 mage would die like this to t4 people. How fun.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

What is it with people saying that hunter hood reflects >100% of damage? It doesn't. It does the exact same amount of damage to you as you do to them.
      20% would ruin hunter hood. Maybe give the reflect a cast time instead of making it entirely useless.
      It actually does with Cleric Robe> Hunter Hood. It buffs hood damage by 30% to 130%. That's why they ended up nerfing hunter hood.

Regarding the post.. reflect has to exist, otherwise everyone will go braindead on small scale. Then you can wear high gear and not worry about oneshotting yourself. If I can predict your play, I should be able to punish you. If the hunter hood was op with 100%, now it's definitely balanced at 70%.
    • Pawney wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

What is it with people saying that hunter hood reflects >100% of damage? It doesn't. It does the exact same amount of damage to you as you do to them.
      20% would ruin hunter hood. Maybe give the reflect a cast time instead of making it entirely useless.
      It actually does with Cleric Robe> Hunter Hood. It buffs hood damage by 30% to 130%. That's why they ended up nerfing hunter hood.
      Regarding the post.. reflect has to exist, otherwise everyone will go braindead on small scale. Then you can wear high gear and not worry about oneshotting yourself. If I can predict your play, I should be able to punish you. If the hunter hood was op with 100%, now it's definitely balanced at 70%.
      Then you just play weapons that have insta cast and all other weapons are dogshit in comparison cause you risk one shotting yourself.

That is why people play bloodletter, carving etc - while axes and such are a joke cause even a 9 yr old can click hunter hood, and you dont even have means of stopping your spells.

If anything, reflected damage should be the same as damage dealt - the fact it goes through resistances ... like bruh. What a joke.
    • Pawney wrote:

It's sad that you can oneshot yourself in the first place... It's there to counter those builds.
      Hood is there to buy you some time, even bloodletter has to think twice before usin E on it.
      Are you suggesting it should be removed?
      Either removed, or nerfed heavily. I understand it´s supposed to be used in hellgates, and sure - that is fine. But the problem is in open world. Not everything revolves around hellgates.

And what you say is that it buys some time. So yeah ... for bloodletter if someone uses hunter hood, he cant use his E for four seconds. And then he uses it. You bought 4 seconds, pretty good right ?

Well how about other weapons ? You see, some weapons aren´t as op as bloodletter. The E on many weapons isn´t instant cast / instant delivery like bloodletter, carving and such. That means you CANNOT use your E, otherwise hunter hood gets used. Then you either have to cancel the E ( if you can, not all weapons have that option). And if you cant cancel it, you die. So you essentially can´t use your E - how great
    • Borbarad wrote:

Pawney wrote:

It's sad that you can oneshot yourself in the first place... It's there to counter those builds.
      Hood is there to buy you some time, even bloodletter has to think twice before usin E on it.
      Are you suggesting it should be removed?
      Either removed, or nerfed heavily. I understand it´s supposed to be used in hellgates, and sure - that is fine. But the problem is in open world. Not everything revolves around hellgates.
      And what you say is that it buys some time. So yeah ... for bloodletter if someone uses hunter hood, he cant use his E for four seconds. And then he uses it. You bought 4 seconds, pretty good right ?

Well how about other weapons ? You see, some weapons aren´t as op as bloodletter. The E on many weapons isn´t instant cast / instant delivery like bloodletter, carving and such. That means you CANNOT use your E, otherwise hunter hood gets used. Then you either have to cancel the E ( if you can, not all weapons have that option). And if you cant cancel it, you die. So you essentially can´t use your E - how great
      In Bloodletter case you're either finished off or teammate comes in time to save you.
      For other weapons there's purge or push trough hunter hood if they're low nuff (after hunter hood update drops). Or cleric robe and burst em while invinc.
      I'd say hunter hood will be in a good place after the update. Asking for more would just make it useless, might as well use Ice Block at that point.
      In my case I like the idea of having a counter to 4 claws on an exit... they think they got you, but you get them.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

It reflect the dmg BEFORE your resists, while at the same time increasing your resistances. The result is an opponent getting hit much harder than you.