A simple solution to provide solo content for pve only players

    • A simple solution to provide solo content for pve only players

      Ok, lets say there are 1 million players who are interested in playing AO.

      Out of these 1 million players, lets say about 80% are only interested in pve without getting involved in pvp. This is about 800,000 players. These players are only interested in gathering and pve and don't want to engage in non-consensual pvp.

      Out of these 800,000 players, lets say about 20% have good rl income and can spend money on AO.

      I think SBI can create a special pve premium payment of lets say $30/month or whatever SBI think is appropriate for these group of players. You can only pay credit card for this premium and you cannot spend silver to get this.

      This premium will make you entire account unable to engage in all of forms of pvp. That means when you enter into yz, rz, and bz, you cannot kill other players and other players cannot kill you. You cannot form party and other players cannot add you into their party. You cannot join a guild. You cannot participate in all forms of pvp activities like entering into hell gate portals, gvg, etc, etc.

      I think this approach provides the best of both worlds to AO. You have a server which caters for all kinds of players. Those who want to do pve can do pve without getting disturbed by others. Those who want to do pvp can continue to do the same as before.

      Win win solution for everybody. SBI wins and make more money. Pve players can play the game peacefully without getting disturbed by others. Pvp players can continue to play the game which is the same as before.

      SBI, I think you might want to think about implementing something like this suggestion. Thank you for reading.


      update 1 : to prevent guilds from creating farming accounts
      When you create an account and once you pay credit card just one time for the special pve premium, your account is flagged for life. You cannot join guild, you cannot join party, you cannot buy and sell from the market, you cannot trade with other players, you cannot loot dead bodies, you cannot transfer items, you cannot pick up items drop by others on the ground (not even sure yet if there is such a thing in AO), etc, etc.

      Even if your premium ends and you don't continue to subscribe again, you can get pked by others but you lose all the benefits of a normal account. That means if you don't continue the subscription, you can get pked but you still cannot trade the market, cannot trade other players, cannot party, cannot join guilds, cannot transfer items, etc, etc...


      update 2: to prevent guilds from creating scouting accounts
      As for the scouting issues, SBI can nerf the account by making it unable to see other players in the rz and bz. Then this account will be useless to be a scout.


      update 3: to prevent special pve premium accounts from stealing other accounts resources and dungeons
      One way to solve this problem of stealing your resources and dungeons:
      1) the pve premium account is invisible to other other accounts. Only pve premium accounts can see other pve premium accounts.
      2) Other accounts are also invisible to the pve premium accounts.
      3) it will also almost like... when the pve premium accounts go to the rz and bz, they are entering a different channel but same map. When i farm resources and dungeons, it will not affect your normal account. Only other pve premium accounts will be affected.
      4) So for pvp players, life will go on as usual. Nothing is changed for you. We will not be able to steal your resources and dungeons.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by stkmro ().

    • I totally get where you are coming from. The problem would be how resources work and the transfer/potential abuse by players/guilds/alliances.

      So you have some players who can go gather those Gucci resources in BZs now with no risk of being ganked and losing their stuff. What would stop main PvP players who already control and have HOs in the BZ from making ALT accounts, paying for said service then gathering all of the available resources and just transferring it to their main PvP accounts. Anyone paying for the service would find all of the resources gathered before they can get to it and all of the resources, power and market manipulation is in the hands of those guilds who can afford to pay one ALT accounts “PvE premium” for the benefit of their guild alone.

      Just my thoughts on it initially.
    • Skeeks wrote:

      I totally get where you are coming from. The problem would be how resources work and the transfer/potential abuse by players/guilds/alliances.

      So you have some players who can go gather those Gucci resources in BZs now with no risk of being ganked and losing their stuff. What would stop main PvP players who already control and have HOs in the BZ from making ALT accounts, paying for said service then gathering all of the available resources and just transferring it to their main PvP accounts. Anyone paying for the service would find all of the resources gathered before they can get to it and all of the resources, power and market manipulation is in the hands of those guilds who can afford to pay one ALT accounts “PvE premium” for the benefit of their guild alone.

      Just my thoughts on it initially.
      When you create an account and once you pay credit card just one time for the special pve premium, your account is flagged for life. You cannot join guild, you cannot join party, you cannot buy and sell from the market, you cannot trade with other players, you cannot loot dead bodies, you cannot transfer items, you cannot pick up items drop by others on the ground (not even sure yet if there is such a thing in AO), etc, etc.

      Even if your premium ends and you don't continue to subscribe again, you can get pked by others but you lose all the benefits of a normal account. That means if you don't continue the subscription, you can get pked but you still cannot trade the market, cannot trade other players, cannot party, cannot join guilds, cannot transfer items, etc, etc...

      The post was edited 3 times, last by stkmro ().

    • stkmro wrote:

      Ok, lets say there are 1 million players who are interested in playing AO.

      Out of these 1 million players, lets say about 80% are only interested in pve without getting involved in pvp. This is about 800,000 players. These players are only interested in gathering and pve and don't want to engage in non-consensual pvp.

      Out of these 800,000 players, lets say about 20% have good rl income and can spend money on AO.

      I think SBI can create a special pve premium payment of lets say $30/month or whatever SBI think is appropriate for these group of players. You can only pay credit card for this premium and you cannot spend silver to get this.

      This premium will make you entire account unable to engage in all of forms of pvp. That means when you enter into yz, rz, and bz, you cannot kill other players and other players cannot kill you. You cannot form party and other players cannot add you into their party. You cannot join a guild. You cannot participate in all forms of pvp activities like entering into hell gate portals, gvg, etc, etc.

      I think this approach provides the best of both worlds to AO. You have a server which caters for all kinds of players. Those who want to do pve can do pve without getting disturbed by others. Those who want to do pvp can continue to do the same as before.

      Win win solution for everybody. SBI wins and make more money. Pve players can play the game peacefully without getting disturbed by others. Pvp players can continue to play the game which is the same as before.

      SBI, I think you might want to think about implementing something like this suggestion. Thank you for reading.
      Um, no I don't agree with this at all.

      I mean, seriously. If premium costs Premium:1 Month (30 days) USD 11.95/mo

      You think that a version of Albion Online that has so many features removed, is worth 3x the cost?

      I have to ask, what type of player are you, are you saying you are a player who wants to play purely pve and absolutely no pvp? No arena? Is it, just gathering you want to do, and absolutely no combat?

      Would you pay 3 times more, and only be able to equip gathering gear?

      It is possible to get the basic package of Black Desert Online for 10 euros, flat fee and never have to pay more, or the standard package for 40 euros and never have to pay more, and that is just one example of an mmorpg that Albion Online competes with (purely because it is the same market of game and appeals to a similar audience) and in Black Desert Online you can pvp without losing you gear.

      I don't go to the black zone and risk my best gear, but that does not mean I don't want to do any form of pvp. Personally PvP is my primary interest for playing mmos (usually), but not with gear loss. So that suggestion you made would not appeal to me. I am already locked out of a lot of Albion content because I'm not willing to risk certain items.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

      stkmro wrote:

      Ok, lets say there are 1 million players who are interested in playing AO.

      Out of these 1 million players, lets say about 80% are only interested in pve without getting involved in pvp. This is about 800,000 players. These players are only interested in gathering and pve and don't want to engage in non-consensual pvp.

      Out of these 800,000 players, lets say about 20% have good rl income and can spend money on AO.

      I think SBI can create a special pve premium payment of lets say $30/month or whatever SBI think is appropriate for these group of players. You can only pay credit card for this premium and you cannot spend silver to get this.

      This premium will make you entire account unable to engage in all of forms of pvp. That means when you enter into yz, rz, and bz, you cannot kill other players and other players cannot kill you. You cannot form party and other players cannot add you into their party. You cannot join a guild. You cannot participate in all forms of pvp activities like entering into hell gate portals, gvg, etc, etc.

      I think this approach provides the best of both worlds to AO. You have a server which caters for all kinds of players. Those who want to do pve can do pve without getting disturbed by others. Those who want to do pvp can continue to do the same as before.

      Win win solution for everybody. SBI wins and make more money. Pve players can play the game peacefully without getting disturbed by others. Pvp players can continue to play the game which is the same as before.

      SBI, I think you might want to think about implementing something like this suggestion. Thank you for reading.
      Um, no I don't agree with this at all.
      I mean, seriously. If premium costs Premium:1 Month (30 days) USD 11.95/mo

      You think that a version of Albion Online that has so many features removed, is worth 3x the cost?

      I have to ask, what type of player are you, are you saying you are a player who wants to play purely pve and absolutely no pvp? No arena? Is it, just gathering you want to do, and absolutely no combat?

      Would you pay 3 times more, and only be able to equip gathering gear?

      It is possible to get the basic package of Black Desert Online for 10 euros, flat fee and never have to pay more, or the standard package for 40 euros and never have to pay more, and that is just one example of an mmorpg that Albion Online competes with (purely because it is the same market of game and appeals to a similar audience) and in Black Desert Online you can pvp without losing you gear.

      I don't go to the black zone and risk my best gear, but that does not mean I don't want to do any form of pvp. Personally PvP is my primary interest for playing mmos (usually), but not with gear loss. So that suggestion you made would not appeal to me. I am already locked out of a lot of Albion content because I'm not willing to risk certain items.
      I don't mind paying more for a special account if it means i can play to my hearts content without getting disturbed by other pkers. I think there will also be other players who are willing to spend or able to spend who have the similar thinking as me.

      Eg. if i am in the middle of bz, if a phone call rings, i can just stop what i am doing without repercussions and attend to the call.

      If eg. let's say my baby niece is crying, I can just drop whatever is in the middle of the game without repercussions and attend to the situation.

      I can also eat food or do other things and play AO at the same time without having to be on red alert at all times.

      Sometimes these are the conveniences that me and other people (I believe) are willing to get if we are able to spend money to get it.
    • Skeeks wrote:

      I totally get where you are coming from. The problem would be how resources work and the transfer/potential abuse by players/guilds/alliances.

      So you have some players who can go gather those Gucci resources in BZs now with no risk of being ganked and losing their stuff. What would stop main PvP players who already control and have HOs in the BZ from making ALT accounts, paying for said service then gathering all of the available resources and just transferring it to their main PvP accounts. Anyone paying for the service would find all of the resources gathered before they can get to it and all of the resources, power and market manipulation is in the hands of those guilds who can afford to pay one ALT accounts “PvE premium” for the benefit of their guild alone.

      Just my thoughts on it initially.
      Well, fair enough. Personally I'd prefer to pay for normal premium at USD 11.95/mo and spend the remaining $18 on gold per month (which equates to the same $30 a month towards SBI) but allows me to have the flexibility to reject or involve myself with the content I do enjoy in Albion. I personally wouldn't want an account like the one you described (lots of features hard-disabled) but I do understand your perspective.

      I once had a member in a past guild of mine who was a father, and whenever his baby needed him to go afk he was putting his chracter at risk, which is how he taught me the benefits of the Undead Cape which turns you invisible if your health drops low.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • The blue and yellow zones are thataway, friend.
      So first of all, you're literally just making up numbers. Why bother having "statistics" if they're just pulled out of your ass?
      Second of all, this is an incredibly stupid idea. One, because why are you playing a full-loot pvp game if you don't like pvp, and two, because this would be incredibly broken. Any serious guild would have a few of these "pve premium" accounts to use as unkillable scouts in the black zone. And a few more to use as invulnerable gatherers to supply your guild with resources unending.

      And no, this isn't "win" for pvp players, because they'll find that a significant amount of potential targets are now hiding behind "pve premium" and they can't attack them at all.
      If you absolutely must play Albion for the pve/gathering, you can play on the test server since there are very few people online and as a result you're extremely unlikely to encounter nonconsensual pvp.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      The blue and yellow zones are thataway, friend.
      So first of all, you're literally just making up numbers. Why bother having "statistics" if they're just pulled out of your ass?
      Second of all, this is an incredibly stupid idea. One, because why are you playing a full-loot pvp game if you don't like pvp, and two, because this would be incredibly broken. Any serious guild would have a few of these "pve premium" accounts to use as unkillable scouts in the black zone. And a few more to use as invulnerable gatherers to supply your guild with resources unending.

      And no, this isn't "win" for pvp players, because they'll find that a significant amount of potential targets are now hiding behind "pve premium" and they can't attack them at all.
      If you absolutely must play Albion for the pve/gathering, you can play on the test server since there are very few people online and as a result you're extremely unlikely to encounter nonconsensual pvp.
      When you create an account and once you pay credit card just one time for the special pve premium, your account is flagged for life. You cannot join guild, you cannot join party, you cannot buy and sell from the market, you cannot trade with other players, you cannot loot dead bodies, you cannot transfer items, you cannot pick up items drop by others on the ground (not even sure yet if there is such a thing in AO), etc, etc.

      Even if your premium ends and you don't continue to subscribe again, you can get pked by others but you lose all the benefits of a normal account. That means if you don't continue the subscription, you can get pked but you still cannot trade the market, cannot trade other players, cannot party, cannot join guilds, cannot transfer items, etc, etc...

      As for the scouting issues, SBI can nerf the account by making it unable to see other players in the rz and bz. Then this account will be useless to be a scout.
    • Are you just going to try to come up with a solution to every objection that's thrown up?

      I ask because there is a problem which I don't actually want to disclose which would make this idea cause the problems Fred_The_Barbarian pointed out.

      I suppose if I don't explain what the issue is, nobody else can confirm or deny the relevance of the problem, but that wouldn't change the fact it would be an issue.

      If I choose to explain what the issue is, it would inspire others to take advantage of it.

      I just want you to be aware, some ideas are good, some ideas are bad, some ideas are good but lack enough understanding of the way the game works to fully see the problems the idea could cause. Then there are other ideas which may well be good, but if the community are not accepting it you have to just let it go.

      If you send a suggestion directly to albion's support email, they will often respond with

      "Hi there,

      Thanks for reaching out to us and I hope you're doing well today.

      We recommend you post this feedback on our feedback forum here: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…d/5-Feedback-Suggestions/ as Support has no influence on game design. This ensures that both our developers and other players will be able to see and comment on this feedback.

      Feel free to write back should you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns."
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • stkmro wrote:

      Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      The blue and yellow zones are thataway, friend.
      So first of all, you're literally just making up numbers. Why bother having "statistics" if they're just pulled out of your ass?
      Second of all, this is an incredibly stupid idea. One, because why are you playing a full-loot pvp game if you don't like pvp, and two, because this would be incredibly broken. Any serious guild would have a few of these "pve premium" accounts to use as unkillable scouts in the black zone. And a few more to use as invulnerable gatherers to supply your guild with resources unending.

      And no, this isn't "win" for pvp players, because they'll find that a significant amount of potential targets are now hiding behind "pve premium" and they can't attack them at all.
      If you absolutely must play Albion for the pve/gathering, you can play on the test server since there are very few people online and as a result you're extremely unlikely to encounter nonconsensual pvp.
      When you create an account and once you pay credit card just one time for the special pve premium, your account is flagged for life. You cannot join guild, you cannot join party, you cannot buy and sell from the market, you cannot trade with other players, you cannot loot dead bodies, you cannot transfer items, you cannot pick up items drop by others on the ground (not even sure yet if there is such a thing in AO), etc, etc.
      Even if your premium ends and you don't continue to subscribe again, you can get pked by others but you lose all the benefits of a normal account. That means if you don't continue the subscription, you can get pked but you still cannot trade the market, cannot trade other players, cannot party, cannot join guilds, cannot transfer items, etc, etc...

      As for the scouting issues, SBI can nerf the account by making it unable to see other players in the rz and bz. Then this account will be useless to be a scout.
      I agree with Fred. Maybe test server would be more to your liking because a lot of the issue you describe sounds like you want more of a video game style of play. In test servers you can literally go to the heart of the BZ and take part in the latest PvE available. You can still craft, farm etc. But Markets are dead and and there isn’t an economy. You’d have access to all of that content. Plus its totally FREE!.

      If you do enjoy some of the community aspect then there has to be a balance. You need to risk and excitement of uncertainty. That’s why the BZ forces us to intermingle. Check out my post from earlier today I made some suggestions on how the BZ can be more independent friendly without sacrificing what makes Albion, Albion. But again, based on what you have said here I really think you’d like the test server like Fred said.
    • stkmro wrote:

      lets say there are

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say about 80%

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say about 20%
      Youre just pulling assumptions out of your ass with nothing whatsoever to back them up. 'Lets say' youre wrong on all of those assumptions ... where does that leave you?


      stkmro wrote:

      This premium will make you entire account unable to engage in all of forms of pvp. That means when you enter into yz, rz, and bz, you cannot kill other players and other players cannot kill you. You cannot form party and other players cannot add you into their party. You cannot join a guild. You cannot participate in all forms of pvp activities like entering into hell gate portals, gvg, etc, etc.
      You do realise that pretty much everyone who plays albion seriously will create accounts for gathering purposes only and there will be locust plagues of invulnerable players all over the black zone powering through high tier resources. It would be completely game breaking.

      Possibly the craziest idea ive seen on the forums in months.

      stkmro wrote:

      SBI, I think you might want to think about implementing something like this suggestion
      Not a chance.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Jessie wrote:

      So i can create a second character, gathering T8 materials to feed my main without any risk, no thank you.
      When you create an account and once you pay credit card just one time for the special pve premium, your account is flagged for life. You cannot join guild, you cannot join party, you cannot buy and sell from the market, you cannot trade with other players, you cannot loot dead bodies, you cannot transfer items, you cannot pick up items drop by others on the ground (not even sure yet if there is such a thing in AO), etc, etc.

      Even if your premium ends and you don't continue to subscribe again, you can get pked by others but you lose all the benefits of a normal account. That means if you don't continue the subscription, you can get pked but you still cannot trade the market, cannot trade other players, cannot party, cannot join guilds, cannot transfer items, etc, etc... So in this way, you cannot feed your main.
    • stkmro wrote:

      When you create an account and once you pay credit card just one time for the special pve premium, your account is flagged for life. You cannot join guild, you cannot join party, you cannot buy and sell from the market, you cannot trade with other players, you cannot loot dead bodies, you cannot transfer items, you cannot pick up items drop by others on the ground (not even sure yet if there is such a thing in AO), etc, etc.
      If you think there is a market for this (ie people will pay for that in any sort of numbers to make it worthwhile or viable) then you are truly deluded. Find another game if thats what you are seeking .. Albion isnt for you.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

      So you basically just want to trap your character in his own little box but still steal my resources and dungeons? Do you not want anyone to have any fun? I get that the solo life can be hard but what you want isn't Albion anymore.
      One way to solve this problem of stealing your resources and dungeons:
      1) the pve premium account is invisible to other other accounts. Only pve premium accounts can see other pve premium accounts.
      2) Other accounts are also invisible to the pve premium accounts.
      3) it will also almost like... when the pve premium accounts go to the rz and bz, they are entering a different channel but same map. When i farm resources and dungeons, it will not affect your normal account. Only other pve premium accounts will be affected.
      4) So for pvp players, life will go on as usual. Nothing is changed for you. We will not be able to steal your resources and dungeons.
    • Midgard wrote:

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say there are

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say about 80%

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say about 20%
      Youre just pulling assumptions out of your ass with nothing whatsoever to back them up. 'Lets say' youre wrong on all of those assumptions ... where does that leave you?

      stkmro wrote:

      This premium will make you entire account unable to engage in all of forms of pvp. That means when you enter into yz, rz, and bz, you cannot kill other players and other players cannot kill you. You cannot form party and other players cannot add you into their party. You cannot join a guild. You cannot participate in all forms of pvp activities like entering into hell gate portals, gvg, etc, etc.
      You do realise that pretty much everyone who plays albion seriously will create accounts for gathering purposes only and there will be locust plagues of invulnerable players all over the black zone powering through high tier resources. It would be completely game breaking.
      Possibly the craziest idea ive seen on the forums in months.

      stkmro wrote:

      SBI, I think you might want to think about implementing something like this suggestion
      Not a chance.
      One way to solve this problem of locust plagues of invulnerable players all over the black zone powering through high tier resources:
      1) the pve premium account is invisible to other other accounts. Only pve premium accounts can see other pve premium accounts.
      2) Other accounts are also invisible to the pve premium accounts.
      3) it will also almost like... when the pve premium accounts go to the rz and bz, they are entering a different channel but same map. When i farm resources and dungeons, it will not affect your normal account. Only other pve premium accounts will be affected.
      4) So for pvp players, life will go on as usual. Nothing is changed for you. We will not be able to steal your resources and dungeons.
    • stkmro wrote:

      One way to solve this problem of locust plagues of invulnerable players all over the black zone powering through high tier resources:
      1) the pve premium account is invisible to other other accounts. Only pve premium accounts can see other pve premium accounts.
      2) Other accounts are also invisible to the pve premium accounts.
      3) it will also almost like... when the pve premium accounts go to the rz and bz, they are entering a different channel but same map. When i farm resources and dungeons, it will not affect your normal account. Only other pve premium accounts will be affected.
      4) So for pvp players, life will go on as usual. Nothing is changed for you. We will not be able to steal your resources and dungeons.
      See my reply above ... never happening.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • stkmro wrote:

      Midgard wrote:

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say there are

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say about 80%

      stkmro wrote:

      lets say about 20%
      Youre just pulling assumptions out of your ass with nothing whatsoever to back them up. 'Lets say' youre wrong on all of those assumptions ... where does that leave you?

      stkmro wrote:

      This premium will make you entire account unable to engage in all of forms of pvp. That means when you enter into yz, rz, and bz, you cannot kill other players and other players cannot kill you. You cannot form party and other players cannot add you into their party. You cannot join a guild. You cannot participate in all forms of pvp activities like entering into hell gate portals, gvg, etc, etc.
      You do realise that pretty much everyone who plays albion seriously will create accounts for gathering purposes only and there will be locust plagues of invulnerable players all over the black zone powering through high tier resources. It would be completely game breaking.Possibly the craziest idea ive seen on the forums in months.

      stkmro wrote:

      SBI, I think you might want to think about implementing something like this suggestion
      Not a chance.
      One way to solve this problem of locust plagues of invulnerable players all over the black zone powering through high tier resources:1) the pve premium account is invisible to other other accounts. Only pve premium accounts can see other pve premium accounts.
      2) Other accounts are also invisible to the pve premium accounts.
      3) it will also almost like... when the pve premium accounts go to the rz and bz, they are entering a different channel but same map. When i farm resources and dungeons, it will not affect your normal account. Only other pve premium accounts will be affected.
      4) So for pvp players, life will go on as usual. Nothing is changed for you. We will not be able to steal your resources and dungeons.
      This is almost exactly how test servers work. It’s free. Check it out.