A simple solution to provide solo content for pve only players

• While I like the idea of being able to gather risk free, I think a better alternative would be to simply add the ability to player islands.
      For a silver fee (increasing by tier), you could have a mine, quarry, hunting pen, fibre field, and tree farm. It would start off small,
      and grow as you added to it. A few plants with semi high resources that regrow at a similar rate to actual nodes in the wild with no
      chance to be enchanted.

by 'semi high' i mean 15-25 resources per node, up to 1-3 nodes per type per tier.

I think something like this would help bring the market price down on high end goods, and make them more affordable for everyday
      use for those that have earned the skill to use them, while also acting a new silver sink.
    • MysticDream wrote:

While I like the idea of being able to gather risk free, I think a better alternative would be to simply add the ability to player islands.
      For a silver fee (increasing by tier), you could have a mine, quarry, hunting pen, fibre field, and tree farm. It would start off small,
      and grow as you added to it. A few plants with semi high resources that regrow at a similar rate to actual nodes in the wild with no
      chance to be enchanted.
      Maximum of Tier 4 of course ... Im sure you arent suggesting people could gather high tier resources on their island in complete safety as that would be just ridiculous.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • MysticDream wrote:

While I like the idea of being able to gather risk free, I think a better alternative would be to simply add the ability to player islands.
      chance to be enchanted.

by 'semi high' i mean 15-25 resources per node, up to 1-3 nodes per type per tier.

I think something like this would help bring the market price down on high end goods, and make them more affordable for everyday
      use for those that have earned the skill to use them, while also acting a new silver sink.
      I like your idea.

I am ok with everything on my island up to t8.

I am also ok if SBI restrict my account so that i can only buy from market.

I cannot sell in market.

I cannot give items to other players.

I cannot join party, cannot join guilds, cannot join HG, cannot do things that affect other players.

I am totally fine with that.
    • Midgard wrote:

MysticDream wrote:

chance to be enchanted.
      Maximum of Tier 4 of course ... Im sure you arent suggesting people could gather high tier resources on their island in complete safety as that would be just ridiculous.
      Everything on my island up to t8 please.

I am also ok if SBI restrict my account so that i can only buy from market.

I cannot sell in market.

I cannot give items to other players.

I cannot join party, cannot join guilds, cannot join HG, cannot do things that affect other players.

Trust me... Its never my intention to disturb your game or other players.

Life will go on exactly the same for you and other players.

I am totally fine with that.

The post was edited 1 time, last by stkmro ().

• Midgard wrote:

MysticDream wrote:

chance to be enchanted.
      No, maximum tier 8.

It's still extremely limited and if players want/need more they would still have to go to the black zones. This would help drive down the price of "gucci gear",
      which would mean hopefully more people would utilize it, as it wouldn't break the bank as much.

I'm all for people using the gear and mounts they have earned, rather than keeping them for HCEs, and other content where they won't ever be lost.

I want to see people on t8 mounts in the black zones. I want to see people in t8 gear running dungeons where they can lose it.

And, I want people to be able to afford to lose it without taking out a second mortgage on their home to buy gold with.
    • MysticDream wrote:

No, maximum tier 8.
      Hilarious. In all these there has never been T8 Resources outside of the BZ, not even in red, and for very good reason. And now you want them on your private island.

PMSL
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter

The post was edited 1 time, last by Midgard ().

• Tabor wrote:

I hear WoW has a PvE only server. You may want to consider a different game.
      I've played WoW. It's too easy. I don't mind PvP, I just don't want it all the time.

Like I said above, I'd like to see MORE people in t8 gear and on t8 mounts. How do you do this? Make t8 resources easier to obtain.
      You don't have to change PvP at all. I'm not trying to take that away. I'd like T8 to be more accessible, and more affordable so more
      people use it.

Hell, convert the value to silver and give that to PVPers to split, and make the gear trash 100% of the time if you want. Just make it
      more affordable to more people. T8 Mounts too.
    • MysticDream wrote:

Midgard wrote:

MysticDream wrote:

chance to be enchanted.
      No, maximum tier 8.
      It's still extremely limited and if players want/need more they would still have to go to the black zones. This would help drive down the price of "gucci gear",
      which would mean hopefully more people would utilize it, as it wouldn't break the bank as much.

I'm all for people using the gear and mounts they have earned, rather than keeping them for HCEs, and other content where they won't ever be lost.

I want to see people on t8 mounts in the black zones. I want to see people in t8 gear running dungeons where they can lose it.

And, I want people to be able to afford to lose it without taking out a second mortgage on their home to buy gold with.
      You can literally do all of this on test server. You try out Albion's newest features, build and grow your island and dominate the BZ all by yourself with 0 risk. SBI gets to practice new material on you. Its a win-win. Go play on test servers. Really, I think youll love it.
    • so basically you wish to take one of the core mechanics of the game out of it, so you can play in your safe space?
      If you wan that go to the test server and play there and you can do it for free, while people can still kill you, almost noone goes there with the express reason to hunt gatherers