Fishing- forgotten gathering tree

• Fishing- forgotten gathering tree

So, a couple of months ago I've watched a dev talk that clearly stated that fishing will be getting some kind of rework. I'm hyped beyod belief for the Roads to hit the live server and I didn't wanna spoil it too much for myself by playing on the test server, however I couldn't restrain myself so I watched some videos and streams. As far as I can tell there's nothing about fishing in the roads.
      Every gathering professions has this amazing nodes of materials with insane density and reward, ofcourse if you can kill the mobs. What about fishing? Is it a forgotten gathering tree? Not only does it have the shortest progression in the destiny board, but there's 0 extra bonus for a fisherman to live in the roads. Ofcourse, I'm not an idiot who will complain without giving ways of possible improvement. So here goes my 2 cent and I really hope someone from the dev team will take a minute or two to read this post. I'm not expecting these ideas to get implemented, but I do expect them to give a little push for the fisherman of Albion.

1) Fishing is completely RNG based, meaning, if you are hunting for that sweet sweet kraken or eel your only choice is to get to that zone and fish out all the pools. You have no idea where or when you will catch what you are seeking. On the other hand, if you are hunting for t7 stone you know where to go, but also you know exactly how the stone looks. My idea for this part would be to change the visuals of a fishing pond. For instance, there are 5 fish swimming. If you can tell that 1 of those 5 is a deadwater eel, you would stop by and fish out that particual pool. At least some of the RNG would be mitigated by that.
      2) Remove low tier fish from the t7-t8 zones. The most frustrating thing is to fish in a t8 zone and fish out some measly t5 eel. That shouldn't be possible at all. But that would be mitigated by point 1, by giving a visual indicator what is in that pond.
      3) Add Avalonian fish. Make up some story how those fish are stuck eternally in the mists and contain immense power, bla bla bla. That would give incentive alone to go fishing there.
      3.1) Introduce/Replace Avalonian food that needs avalonian fish/avalonian fish sauce. I don't quite get, lore wise, how my food is getting better by ava energy, but I could understand if there was some special fish involved in the making of the food.
      3.2) Add another node in the fishing tree that specializes in the Avalonian fish. This would give fisherman even more incentive to go fish out there and also improve overall fishing speccs.
      4) Add fishing resource zones in the roads. I know, this is a big one, but hear me out. I've seen the big lizard mob for skin in the Roads. First thing that came to mind, why isn't there a huge Eel/Snake. Even better, why isn't there a huge kraken? There's no underwater combat in albion, however, lore wise, "this kraken was so large that during the splitting of the roads he couldn't leave in time and is now stuck in this shallow pond". Or a huge crab ? Also an option
      As simpe as that. Seeing how fishing is still a side gathering professions rather then full on, a small cluster every now and again would be more then enough.
      Again, I hope this suggestions catch a dev scrolling the forums.
      Fisherman unite! <3
    • Drewski17 wrote:

xxlilmexx wrote:

yup,dev needs to put some love to fishing. I actually started with fishing as main but the silver I earn vs time is not the same with the other gathering profession. Kudos for the post. Thanks
      how much would you say you make per hour with other gathering professions? At T7 fishing I make roughly 1m/h.
      Sure in a yellow zone...try Red and Black...it's 3x as fast
    • I agree with you that fishermen need some love.
      I don't think fishermen need more fish types, but I do think there needs to be atleast ponds there. I think an Avalonian Fishermen with a spear + net could be an interesting boss, which upon death makes a fishing none available that guartunees atleast a X amount of +T6 specialized fish.
    • Drewski17 wrote:

how much would you say you make per hour with other gathering professions? At T7 fishing I make roughly 1m
      Wut the fuck are you doing with the fuckin fish you fuckin catch to you make FUCKIN 1m per hour fishing?
      LOL I am tilted jesus christ.
      I don't understand. I am T7 fishing and I fish in the forest biome for an hour and it nets me 400k at most with T7 eels.
      My guess is that you use the fish you catch and make foods wit it.
      I make more than 1m - 1.5m gathering T5 hides for an hour as hide gatherer.
    • Here my thoughts as a Max. spec fisherman.

Fishing being random is totally fine, how do you suppose to know what fish is going to bite your bait? is not like fishes are separated in specific pools. I mean realistically all the fishes are spread and you cant know which one will be the one bitting like it is in the real world. I like that little bit of realism.

You dont get low tier common fishes except the rare ones. At a T7 zone you catch T5 to T7 commons and at T8 you get only T6+ common fishes. It is the same way other resources are spawned (Zones´ tier and the highest one and up to two tiers less)

A new avalonian fish wouldnt be fair since the other resources are not getting any kind of new and exclusive resource only found there. Other resources are just getting a buff which i do agree fishing should also have.
    • Drewski17 wrote:

xxlilmexx wrote:

yup,dev needs to put some love to fishing. I actually started with fishing as main but the silver I earn vs time is not the same with the other gathering profession. Kudos for the post. Thanks
      how much would you say you make per hour with other gathering professions? At T7 fishing I make roughly 1m/h.
      Confirmed...I am level 87 fishing, and using just an Excellent T7 Rod with journals, I am so close to T8 that I don't want to buy a T7 avalonion rod that I am going to have to try an resell later. Salad, and T3 bait (you don't really need t5 bait in t7 water), I bring in about 500k+ per hour on Forest T7 (T7 eels make the difference in silver). T8 and max spec brings extra yield bonuses and fishing speed (which makes you reel in faster) and so the avalonion rod increases your yield by another 17.5 % stacked right on top of that. Journals are key to boosting profits by as much as 20%. Don't rely on schools of fish, learn to find where two random spawning nodes (unmarked nodes) converge and you can pull 100+ fish without moving. That increases your speed a LOT.

gmatagmis wrote:

3M / hour average in T8 forest. Max spec, journals, avalonian rod, pork pies.
      I am looking forward to this.

Guilefulwolf wrote:

Here my thoughts as a Max. spec fisherman.

Fishing being random is totally fine, how do you suppose to know what fish is going to bite your bait? is not like fishes are separated in specific pools. I mean realistically all the fishes are spread and you cant know which one will be the one bitting like it is in the real world. I like that little bit of realism.

You dont get low tier common fishes except the rare ones. At a T7 zone you catch T5 to T7 commons and at T8 you get only T6+ common fishes. It is the same way other resources are spawned (Zones´ tier and the highest one and up to two tiers less)

A new avalonian fish wouldnt be fair since the other resources are not getting any kind of new and exclusive resource only found there. Other resources are just getting a buff which i do agree fishing should also have.
      Well as a real fisherman I can tell you what fish you catch isn't really so very random, especially when fishing from shore. It's about bait selection and bait placement/presentation. In lakes and ponds in North American anyway you are either fishing for perch, or you are fishing for Bass (but sometimes get pickerel (like a small pike), or walleye if the lake is deep enough. In rivers it's trout, catfish and eel (just like the forest biome), or carp if carp has invaded those waters. They all occupy different types of water.

I think it would be cool to having a fishing Aspect and random wandering mobs...maybe something like a wandering NPC fisherman or googan (a googan is loosely speaking a fisherman that ruins a spot).
    • gmatagmis wrote:

WetWilly wrote:

learn to find where two random spawning nodes (unmarked nodes)
      Can you reveal this moment in more detail please? :)
      Oh I have already said too much...this is advanced fishing topic and is really only useful for GM and Eldar fishermen who are likely to have already figured this out on their own. Putting lower teir fisherman on these spots will ruin the spots, and they won't even get as many fish while ruining the spots.
    • Yes to most of whats been posted here. As for the avalonian fishing nodes? ANIMATED FISH TANKS OF VARYING TIERS! Designed similar to their avalonian counterparts, these fish tanks have defense mechanisms built in that require you to navigate dangerous traps/effects that it spews out in a sort of deadly mini-game. Once you reach the fish tank you deactivate it (kick a lever) and boom you get your fishing node full of juicy fish, chance of catching bottles of avalonian energy, and perhaps new items that can only be caught in said fish tanks.
    • Considering the current state of fishing, it definitely needs a rework. It does not have a proper progression system and it is more dependent on luck(rare fish catch chance does not increase with level and it is the main money maker in fishing). It does not have aspects like other gathering professions. Fishing does not even give gathering fame! Fishing definitely is a forgotten gathering tree and here are numerous ways of improving it. I hope developers can notice this and maybe make it more of an enjoyable activity. Currently it is only a no-brain money making method where you go into a t8 zone and play that stupid fishing mini game until your pockets are full.
    • JodaVz wrote:

So, a couple of months ago I've watched a dev talk that clearly stated that fishing will be getting some kind of rework. I'm hyped beyod belief for the Roads to hit the live server and I didn't wanna spoil it too much for myself by playing on the test server, however I couldn't restrain myself so I watched some videos and streams. As far as I can tell there's nothing about fishing in the roads.
      Every gathering professions has this amazing nodes of materials with insane density and reward, ofcourse if you can kill the mobs. What about fishing? Is it a forgotten gathering tree? Not only does it have the shortest progression in the destiny board, but there's 0 extra bonus for a fisherman to live in the roads. Ofcourse, I'm not an idiot who will complain without giving ways of possible improvement. So here goes my 2 cent and I really hope someone from the dev team will take a minute or two to read this post. I'm not expecting these ideas to get implemented, but I do expect them to give a little push for the fisherman of Albion.

1) Fishing is completely RNG based, meaning, if you are hunting for that sweet sweet kraken or eel your only choice is to get to that zone and fish out all the pools. You have no idea where or when you will catch what you are seeking. On the other hand, if you are hunting for t7 stone you know where to go, but also you know exactly how the stone looks. My idea for this part would be to change the visuals of a fishing pond. For instance, there are 5 fish swimming. If you can tell that 1 of those 5 is a deadwater eel, you would stop by and fish out that particual pool. At least some of the RNG would be mitigated by that.

- I fish T7 rares all the time without fishing pools...Want to increase your chances of getting it? Go higher into fishing specialization.

2) Remove low tier fish from the t7-t8 zones. The most frustrating thing is to fish in a t8 zone and fish out some measly t5 eel. That shouldn't be possible at all. But that would be mitigated by point 1, by giving a visual indicator what is in that pond.

- Why remove them because the "low tier" fish you are getting are still rare. T5 eels can be turned into 6.1 food that sells for 18-20k on the market. T3 eels still net a lot of chopped fish.

3) Add Avalonian fish. Make up some story how those fish are stuck eternally in the mists and contain immense power, bla bla bla. That would give incentive alone to go fishing there.
      3.1) Introduce/Replace Avalonian food that needs avalonian fish/avalonian fish sauce. I don't quite get, lore wise, how my food is getting better by ava energy, but I could understand if there was some special fish involved in the making of the food.

- No don't add that cause the lore you made it sounds utterly garbage in the first place, and we don't need anymore Avalonian crap in the game.

3.2) Add another node in the fishing tree that specializes in the Avalonian fish. This would give fisherman even more incentive to go fish out there and also improve overall fishing speccs.

- No, why add to the already crappy grind fishing is?

4) Add fishing resource zones in the roads. I know, this is a big one, but hear me out. I've seen the big lizard mob for skin in the Roads. First thing that came to mind, why isn't there a huge Eel/Snake. Even better, why isn't there a huge kraken? There's no underwater combat in albion, however, lore wise, "this kraken was so large that during the splitting of the roads he couldn't leave in time and is now stuck in this shallow pond". Or a huge crab ? Also an option
      As simpe as that. Seeing how fishing is still a side gathering professions rather then full on, a small cluster every now and again would be more then enough.
      Again, I hope this suggestions catch a dev scrolling the forums.
      Fisherman unite! <3

- This I can agree on, all the other gathering professions have special mobs etc, yet fishing has crap. You got my vote on this.

5) Remove fame when eating the fish (stone gatherers don't eat rocks to level up either), and make it so fishing adds to your gathering stats, cause currently it DOES NOT!!!!
    • Guys. Fishing is fine as it is.

I know, fishing didnt get taken in account for a buff at the avalon roads but havent u noticed? in the roads theres not even many water spots to fish at.

I know fishing doesnt have bosses that grant a lot of fish at once like all the other gathering options.

I know all of this because im a max spec fishesman and have done it for a long time already.

But i will tell u something, if fishing were buffed at the raods and if fishing had bosses, the average income of fishing would not go up.

If u think that because getting more fishes somehow u would then get more profit u r wrong. That would NOT happen because then the prices would go down and u would end up earning the same as it is now.