Ava Frost Staff Needs a Rework

    • Ava Frost Staff Needs a Rework

      I've tried every new Ava weapon on the test server and honestly think the new Ava frost staff is the weakest. I'm a frost main, and there's so many options for frost abilities - but this just feels like a weaker perma E ability that only allows for a single target freeze and less damage. With a longer cd and only single target, I think the 1h frost will still be better than this. I understand its meant to be utility based, but I really dont see this weapon being used. Maybe with a shorter cd and more dmg it might be viable.

      There's so many cool options for frost. Possibly:

      1. Frost shield that increases armor and freezes enemies that attack
      2. Frost wall that explodes and slows/freezes
      3. Aoe knock back around you that also slows
      5. Toggle ability that does 2x more dmg to any slowed/frozen enemies but drains mana
      6. A channeled ability similar to the Ava xbow that freezes enemies hit for x seconds

      I feel like frost staffs really need a rework. The only regularly used pvp staffs are essentially perma and 1h frost (sometimes icicle for zvz support tanking). It just feels like theres so many unique options for frost, but the rest of the staffs are lackluster. Frost in general is so reliant on spamming q for dmg that it feels very one-dimensional in my opinion.
    • MaceWindow wrote:

      I've tried every new Ava weapon on the test server and honestly think the new Ava frost staff is the weakest. I'm a frost main, and there's so many options for frost abilities - but this just feels like a weaker perma E ability that only allows for a single target freeze and less damage. With a longer cd and only single target, I think the 1h frost will still be better than this. I understand its meant to be utility based, but I really dont see this weapon being used. Maybe with a shorter cd and more dmg it might be viable.

      There's so many cool options for frost. Possibly:

      1. Frost shield that increases armor and freezes enemies that attack
      2. Frost wall that explodes and slows/freezes
      3. Aoe knock back around you that also slows
      5. Toggle ability that does 2x more dmg to any slowed/frozen enemies but drains mana
      6. A channeled ability similar to the Ava xbow that freezes enemies hit for x seconds

      I feel like frost staffs really need a rework. The only regularly used pvp staffs are essentially perma and 1h frost (sometimes icicle for zvz support tanking). It just feels like theres so many unique options for frost, but the rest of the staffs are lackluster. Frost in general is so reliant on spamming q for dmg that it feels very one-dimensional in my opinion.
      I agree with this is the laziest of the bunch, but remember is a +100 ip 1h weapon and frost abuses hard of it's Q, so that trait alone may be enough haha
    • The ava frost staff will not be allowed in any ZVZ content because it will screw up your team's entire attack because it gives the enemy 2 seconds of INVULNERABILITY. What the freaking duck? Watch guild commanders banish the ava frost staff from ZVZ. I have 400 frost but I'm not planning on leveling the ava frost because it's the dumbest concept I've seen out of all the avas.

      And if you watch the videos of experienced players analyzing all ava weapons, only 3 or 4 of them are insanely overpowered but everything else is crap and the ava frost is a very special type of crap that will get you kicked from ZVZs. The E can be used only purely defensively.
    • Psyopy wrote:

      The ava frost staff will not be allowed in any ZVZ content because it will screw up your team's entire attack because it gives the enemy 2 seconds of INVULNERABILITY. What the freaking duck? Watch guild commanders banish the ava frost staff from ZVZ. I have 400 frost but I'm not planning on leveling the ava frost because it's the dumbest concept I've seen out of all the avas.

      And if you watch the videos of experienced players analyzing all ava weapons, only 3 or 4 of them are insanely overpowered but everything else is crap and the ava frost is a very special type of crap that will get you kicked from ZVZs. The E can be used only purely defensively.
      it's fine that it's not good for zvz not every single weapon needs to be able to hang in zerg fights. it's that fact it has no place anywhere cause it will be out performed by every other frost staff besides the Q damage lol.
    • I do think that the avalonian weapons are geared mostly for ZVZs, this should be quite clear from the E abilities of the other avalonian weapons. Are you really going to run an avalonian weapon which costs many millions of silver solo? I don't think so. Are you going to run it in a small group? Maybe, but it's also quite risky.

      After playing this game for a few months, I've learned that it's better to level those weapons which are good instead of hoping that your chosen weapon will get a buff some day. It might happen, it might not. SBI has their own ideas about everything, so we can only hope that the ava frost staff will get some love in the future. Until then, I'm not spending a single minute leveling it because the idea of giving your enemy invulnerability for 2 seconds means someone has their head up a dark place.
    • Psyopy wrote:

      I do think that the avalonian weapons are geared mostly for ZVZs, this should be quite clear from the E abilities of the other avalonian weapons. Are you really going to run an avalonian weapon which costs many millions of silver solo? I don't think so. Are you going to run it in a small group? Maybe, but it's also quite risky.

      After playing this game for a few months, I've learned that it's better to level those weapons which are good instead of hoping that your chosen weapon will get a buff some day. It might happen, it might not. SBI has their own ideas about everything, so we can only hope that the ava frost staff will get some love in the future. Until then, I'm not spending a single minute leveling it because the idea of giving your enemy invulnerability for 2 seconds means someone has their head up a dark place.
      Meanwhile great staff... hahahaha. Jokes aside, it will see use in HCE mostly because is 1 handed with +100 ip, that very neat.
    • Yeah I agree the new Ava frost is crap, Its like a weaker 1handed perma with no stun and a stupid Invulnerability, Rework for the love of god, Make it totally different from its current version please or at the very least remove the invulnerability and add something else to it like maybe a silence, root or something else.
    • Daemonium. wrote:

      Owlsane wrote:

      Can be used as i said before defensively, as a zoning tool, offense, hyper offense while perma is just purely offense.
      ? its not versatile, u need target to make it work. all u can is to delay enemies death or yours. its way worse perma in every aspect
      Well then ask the opinion of sohrab, which i and most of the comunity consider one of the best frost user.