We got here late

• We got here late

I was just looking at this albiononline.com/en/news/albion-online-official-release

It's the SBI post from Albion's official release back in 2017.

I started playing Albion on the day of the free to play launch.

I have seen a lot of threads on this forum where new players complain about things and I have often had disagreements with some of the players who have been here since launch.

Thinking abut this I realised that since we got here late, we don't really have much of a right to complain about the way things are, we have to adapt to it.

It's a weird concept when you can't see how things were before you started, but in reality what's happening is there are two different leagues of player who are being thrown together and somehow making the mistake of expecting to compete.

That's not a realistic aim at all, people who have been here 3 years longer are at a point where 2019-2020 players are unlikely to catch up with, unless those founders didn't play much so didn't progress to endgame.

All I'm saying is I will be keeping complaints to a minimum since I got here late. I wish I had known Albion existed in 2017!
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Thinking abut this I realised that since we got here late, we don't really have much of a right to complain about the way things are, we have to adapt to it.

Another great post by you, so from what you are saying people are not allowed to complain about stuff, or make suggestions of stuff they don't like, cause they have no right to do so, cause they don't play as long as other people?
      Sounds good to not support freedom of speech, I feel like you live in 1945, you should just stop it, or move to a place where ur opinion fits more
      So why do you even complain?You are not here long enough to do so, you dont play this game since start!
    • You can play AO exactly the way you want to. You can "complain" and if you do it in a semi-constructive way people might even listen. I have seen several of my rants have small effects to the game (or maybe just imagine it has affected). Sometimes dev decisions go the other way and I have been vocal about those too. Everyone is free to "complain" or give constructive feedback.

Having been someone who has tried to bring casuals perspective to the devs against the tides of "hard-core full loot pvp" guys for years, I think I know how you feel. But being silent is not the solution. The solution (for me at least) is to keep up the conversation or leave.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion | RP Master Thread?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

• Ravenar wrote:

You can play AO exactly the way you want to. You can "complain" and if you do it in a semi-constructive way people might even listen. I have seen several of my rants have small effects to the game (or maybe just imagine it has affected). Sometimes dev decisions go the other way and I have been vocal about those too. Everyone is free to "complain" or give constructive feedback.

Having been someone who has tried to bring casuals perspective to the devs against the tides of "hard-core full loot pvp" guys for years, I think I know how you feel. But being silent is not the solution. The solution (for me at least) is to keep up the conversation or leave.
      Absolutely! I completely agree.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020