Monetization of AO

• Monetization of AO

This is my experience / feedback.
      First off, great game.
      This game needs more players, and that's not gonna happened when players from Europa has ping 120++.
      More players equals more money.

To rent a server in an established data center in lets say Germany is like 600 euro each month, you might need a few of those.

Then you get something like this.

Intel 2x Xeon Gold 6132
      28c/56t - 2.6GHz /3.7GHz
      192GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
      SoftRAID 2x6TB SAS - Up to 18 disks
      1 Gbps bandwidth

Maybe add some kind of SAN, depending on the need of storage.

2nd
      Add more stuff to the shop, like special skins, for mounts, special building you can place on your island,skins for buildings.
      Charge gold from having an island if the char aren't premium member.
      I could go on for hours.
    • krazzer wrote:

This game needs more players, and that's not gonna happened when players from Europa has ping 120++.

To rent a server in an established data center in lets say Germany is like 600 euro each month, you might need a few of those.
      You're contradicting yourself somewhat. The game has ALWAYS been about one server for all players. Splitting servers between US and EU will mean less players playing together and and maps being far emptier than any are now.
    • SHARKY wrote:

krazzer wrote:

You're contradicting yourself somewhat. The game has ALWAYS been about one server for all players. Splitting servers between US and EU will mean less players playing together and and maps being far emptier than any are now.
      Not really.
      It's very simple math really.
      In Europa we have roughly 750 million people.
      In USA we have roughly 330 million people.
      I know at least 10 people who loved to play AO, they quit really quick due to bad ping.
      So how much revenue is lost due to this alone ? i'm pretty sure enough to fill the entire server we play on now.
      I am pretty sure an eu server can be filled with just as many players that are on the current server.
      Players are not idiots, most in my town has 300m - 1gig internet connections, why on earth would they throw coins after a game, and have a 56k modem experience ??

And as we all know, witch might come as a big surprise to you.
      More money to AO means more money for further development of the game :)
    • krazzer wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

bruh 120 ping in this game is good, and not many people have it lol. 120-150 is alright. If your ping is 200, that´s when u got issues.

It´s not disadvantage if it´s same for everyone
      Don't fool yourself, anything above ping 30-60 is garbage.I could write books about how many skillshots i have missed coz of lag.
      There are people that play with 150+ ping for their entire life and even that can be comfy played if you get used to it (well you cant be 100% efficient in pvp as 30-60 ping players, but thats not garbage at all). High ping becomes butthurt only when its unstable.
    • prostok0t wrote:

krazzer wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

bruh 120 ping in this game is good, and not many people have it lol. 120-150 is alright. If your ping is 200, that´s when u got issues.

It´s not disadvantage if it´s same for everyone
      Don't fool yourself, anything above ping 30-60 is garbage.I could write books about how many skillshots i have missed coz of lag.
      There are people that play with 150+ ping for their entire life and even that can be comfy played if you get used to it (well you cant be 100% efficient in pvp as 30-60 ping players, but thats not garbage at all). High ping becomes butthurt only when its unstable.
      I am pretty sure a lot of our fellow US players benefits from low ping, witch gives them a more smooth experience, when u watch US players on twitch, they are flying around the screen. Sidestepping animation canceling etc etc is just no possible with ping 150.