Learning Points - FACTS!

• Updating my calculations from Learning Points - FACTS! .

After some own observations the rate of LP propgression seems more like 1 per 15 min, makes it 96 per day.

Updated Timelist:

Learning a L1 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 5,9 days
    Learning a L2 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 11,75 days
    Learning a L3 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 23,5 days
    Learning a L4 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 47 days
    Learning a L5 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 94 days
    Learning a L6 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 188 days

Learning a complete line with all Mastery levels: 370,1 days
    Learning a complete line Mastery level 1: 7,9 days

Complete gathering, farming and toolsmith: 72,4 days

Funfact: Mastering every available node at current state: 59 years :D (and probably down to ~30 years if premium account gives double LP)
  • Nydiadus wrote:

Updating my calculations from Learning Points - FACTS! .

After some own observations the rate of LP propgression seems more like 1 per 15 min, makes it 96 per day.

Updated Timelist:

Learning a L1 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 5,9 days
    Learning a L2 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 11,75 days
    Learning a L3 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 23,5 days
    Learning a L4 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 47 days
    Learning a L5 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 94 days
    Learning a L6 Node from zero to Mastery 10: 188 days

Learning a complete line with all Mastery levels: 370,1 days
    Learning a complete line Mastery level 1: 7,9 days

Complete gathering, farming and toolsmith: 72,4 days

Funfact: Mastering every available node at current state: 59 years :D (and probably down to ~30 years if premium account gives double LP)

Thanks for the break down.
  • But since this is a waste of fame, you always wanna have your whole equip on the same level.

you gotta take those times x4

So before you wanna start going for L1, you need 24days worth of LP collected.
    Before you wanna go for L2 M10, you need the 24 days already passed AND another 45 days!

So there are literaly 21 days you cant do anything/are limited by LP before maxing out L2.
  • So, now with a more concrete example.
    Let's say i want to wear cloth helm, chest and boots, 1 handed fire staff and a shield. I want to be able to craft the tools, gather the ressources, refine them and craft my items too!
    Oh, and I also want them to be the highest Tier/Level.. should take some years, right? NO

1) How much LP will i need?

Armor(T8L6):
    3060 LP each for wearing and crafting - per piece

Overlord's Enchanted Spike Shield(T8L6):
    3060 LP each for wearing and crafting

Elder's Enchanted Fire Staff (T8L4)
    1524 LP each for wearing and crafting

3 Tools:
    564 LP for each line

3 Gathering lines (iron, cloth, wood)
    564 LP for each line

Refining (iron, cloth, wood):
    3444 for each line

2) How long would it take?

1 LP per 15 min, 96 per day.

Wearing:
    13764 LP - 143,4 days

Crafting:
    13764 LP - 143,4 days

Tools:
    1692 LP - 17,6 days

Gathering:
    1692 LP - 17,6 days

Refining:
    10332 LP - 107,6 days

All together:
    41244 LP - 429,6 days

After that, you can only gain more variety for your character, but not more power (except some from additional mastery levels, but I don't think the impact would be too high)

If you have a guild, with dedicated gatherers and crafters:
    5 months to wear the best gear in the game.
    ~2.5 months with premium account (assuming double LP)

How is that slow?
  • Now the question comes in, can you earn the required amount of fame needed to reach that level in the same amount of time? The time required to reach a level is set by the LP only if you can reasonably earn the fame required in the same amount of time. This also assumes there are no changes to the game that cause you to deviate from that plan. Thanks for the calculations mate.

And I imagine very few guilds will have people solely dedicated to one thing. In most guilds people will be a mix of crafting, gathering, and fighting skills. Or most people will just use alts to lessen the time needed to specialize all around. Cause really, most people won't stick around for 14+ months waiting to make a self-sufficient, max skill level, character.
  • rlsquared2 wrote:

Nydiadus wrote:

People complained about learning points, I just make the calculations that they aren't so horrible.
    If you specialize right, LP shouldn't be a problem at all. If you decide later what you want to do, it's not such a problem to catch up.

lets say im a mage with t5 enchanted weapons and I want to specialize into bows instead. Tell me how Do I catch up if I only have 60 Lps.

Ok, since you didn't specify witch T5 Level exactly, I'm assuming T5L4 Cloth Armor (Expert's Cloth ... Level 4) and a Expert's Enchanted Fire Staff (Also T5L4), cause that would be the first enchanted staff available.

For a complete respec to full leather T5L4 and a Expert's Enchanted Bow you would need:
    180 LP per line
    = 720 LP for complete leather set + enchanted bow.

That makes 7,5 days for wearing your new T5L4 gear.
    Additional 7,5 days if you also want to craft it.
    Additional 7,5 days if you didn't put LP into Leather refining and you also want to do it.
    Additional 0,875 days if you also want to gather the leather
    Additional 0,375 days if you also want to make the skinning knife for gathering.

And then probably half it again with premium account.

Wort case:
    23,75 days without premium bonus and you act completely alone.
    Probably 11,875 days with premium account.

And don't forget to farm the fame :)
  • Nydiadus wrote:

rlsquared2 wrote:

Nydiadus wrote:

People complained about learning points, I just make the calculations that they aren't so horrible.
    If you specialize right, LP shouldn't be a problem at all. If you decide later what you want to do, it's not such a problem to catch up.

lets say im a mage with t5 enchanted weapons and I want to specialize into bows instead. Tell me how Do I catch up if I only have 60 Lps.

Ok, since you didn't specify witch T5 Level exactly, I'm assuming T5L4 Cloth Armor (Expert's Cloth ... Level 4) and a Expert's Enchanted Fire Staff (Also T5L4), cause that would be the first enchanted staff available.

For a complete respec to full leather T5L4 and a Expert's Enchanted Bow you would need:
    180 LP per line
    = 720 LP for complete leather set + enchanted bow.

That makes 7,5 days for wearing your new T5L4 gear.
    Additional 7,5 days if you also want to craft it.
    Additional 7,5 days if you didn't put LP into Leather refining and you also want to do it.
    Additional 0,875 days if you also want to gather the leather
    Additional 0,375 days if you also want to make the skinning knife for gathering.

And then probably half it again with premium account.

Wort case:
    23,75 days without premium bonus and you act completely alone.
    Probably 11,875 days with premium account.

And don't forget to farm the fame :)

Mm.. doesnt sound so bad on paper I guess. But Id still like a way to get some of my LP even if its a 25 to 50% penalty or something. I think testing this now would be a good idea.
  • Luma wrote:

Is there any advantage for the player by adding kp system?

Is there any advantage for si adding the lp system?

Figure out out why there is lp

Their official reasoning is that it is intended to stop guilds from force feeding materials to crafters to grind through the nodes. I don't share that view and adding an artificial gate to progression, one which is likely going to be affected by paid subscription, is never a good idea. It is a terrible solution to a non-existent problem.
  • Luma wrote:

That is prevented by endurance!

Endurace prevents that a single crafter (or a single crafting station) can saturate the market.

LP tries to prevent that the 'endgame' can be reached within some weeks by force feeding materials to crafters or grinding 24/7 to wear all obtainable gear.
    I can't say how well the LP system works, cause the Summer Alpha is just too short to be certain.
  • Wolfsspinne wrote:

Luma wrote:

if a player has no endurance, he cant craft anymore, so he cant gain fame anymore, so he cant progress anymore

You can still buy stuff from other players.

tbh both LP and endurance are terrible to have. we are only complaining about LP right now because it's a bigger limiter right now. any kind of mechanics that limit people's progress by forcing them to wait in real time doesn't belong in a sandbox game. This mechanic is copied from those terrible mobile apps that limits your play time with "energy" "stamina" just so they can make you buy more with real money.

It's like saying, you killed enough monsters? gathered enough materials? good now go offline for 5 days and you can craft and wear your higher level item. if they do keep it, it's like archeage all over again.