Learning Points - FACTS!

• Bercilak wrote:

illgot wrote:

Kamui wrote:

You are aware that u will get like 0 lp on f2p accounts? this system was intruduced to make us buy premium acc. They wont let people go with such and easy walk around, they will make it almost impossible to enjoy the game for f2p. They have to since they introduced that dumb restricting system, coppying it from UNSECCESFULL f2p mmorpgs on the market.

It currently regenerates over time. It will probably regenerate over time faster if you have a subscription. If we are currently testing the subscription based increase, LP will regenerate over time more slowly than now if you are FTP. Then you just buy a consumable in the cash shop which may have a limit on how many you can use per day to limit guilds from feeding crafters.

@illgot

We have no intention of selling any cash shop items (as it stands right now, dont know what is maybe in 5 years^^).

In regards to payment we are looking very close to EVE
    Subscription = Premium Account
    Plex = Gold

And yes learning points will regenerate faster with premium!

Thats it.

*Angry Post incoming*

Thank youi for Shareing your intel who to make Pay2Win. This is something you should NEVER EVER implent in game!!!!!! I'll gave you a basic example
    Reg fior F2P:24/Day
    Reg for P2W 25/Day

Seems much? No, but now calculate for 30 Days!

24*30= 720 LP
    25*30=750 LP

Seems not much eh? Not Subs gets 2 Free 12 Upgrade which they can spend later on... To make ANY progress

Okay now lets go for 1 Year

720*12= 8640
    750*12=9000

Now for your "5 Year"

8640*5=43200
    9000*5=45000

The diff is spreading which is normal... Hey its still 1 Point which gets sub more.... but now we are like 360 more free LP which is hindeing you from progession. And you can't do anything WHAT YOU WANT!!!!!!!! What you are Marketing!!!! NO!!! JUST NO!!!!! I can understand that you want to make money but not so.... You can look at other MMO's but you shouldn't take everything to you OWN game!
    How you wanna attract new Player after like a year... You wanna say to them: "Sorry you should have grind like 1 year ago" EVE did it wrong. Why you should create a new account when you never ever can get at the same level like a player who started 1-4 Years before and payed always for a sub?! We all Players are ready to buy... IF the game is good and it is not P2W . Actually your post killed the fun on this game for me...

You got Gold... Paying for Gold instead of Silver is fine and paying it online... You just need to do the rates right..... There are System you can use u don't think of.. Just ask the Communit. WE WILL HELP YOU! But not SO!

*sigh*
  • Bercilak wrote:

illgot wrote:

Kamui wrote:

You are aware that u will get like 0 lp on f2p accounts? this system was intruduced to make us buy premium acc. They wont let people go with such and easy walk around, they will make it almost impossible to enjoy the game for f2p. They have to since they introduced that dumb restricting system, coppying it from UNSECCESFULL f2p mmorpgs on the market.

It currently regenerates over time. It will probably regenerate over time faster if you have a subscription. If we are currently testing the subscription based increase, LP will regenerate over time more slowly than now if you are FTP. Then you just buy a consumable in the cash shop which may have a limit on how many you can use per day to limit guilds from feeding crafters.

@illgot

We have no intention of selling any cash shop items (as it stands right now, dont know what is maybe in 5 years^^).

In regards to payment we are looking very close to EVE
    Subscription = Premium Account
    Plex = Gold

Thats it.

So learning points are here to stay? Fuck that.
  • Well... again, what bothers me the most is that players gonna focus on unlocking weapon/armor and leave gathering/refining/crafting/farming for alts... I used to play Age of Wushu where same as in Albion players were meant to supplement each other in crafting and everybody created alts in order to make 'production line' and be self-sufficient which destroys game economy.
  • "94 years"

Uhm the numbers need a serious tweaking in the higher tiers. I want to be able to "max" my account in maximum of 10 years. :S I will be dead when my character is complete ;___;

EDIT:

I like the fact that premium get faster LP regenerate. I'd rather pay 5-15€ a month and play the game as much as I want than having p2w mechanics in the game. Gold being purely for cosmetics leaves this method the only reasonable way there is to make money.
  • Bercilak wrote:

Thats it.

If you are satified with Learning Point regeneration as it stands I for one feel that this game is not for me (or any other player that wants to play more than a few hours a week).

I've been playing quite alot this past week. Probably a great deal more than most people that does'nt have the amount of free time that I have atm. My playstyle is as a gatherer/crafter. I don't feel at all like I need to max out all craftingskills. I chose one (toolmaking) and I'm focusing on that. I do however feel like I should be able to gather every basic resource with enough progression without the hinderance of the artificial barrier of LP:s.

With my playstyle, and playtime I "maxed" out Learning Points within a few days of the start of summer alpha. This "forced" me to work on skills that did not interest me since I could not progress on the skills I wanted to. A few days later I maxed out these to, and I've hit tier8 adventurlevel, which means I have no use for fame anymore since I can't advance any skills on the Destinyboard. I don't feel I have any way to progress in the game anymore besides stop playing for a week and then come back to use my saved up Learning Points, progress for a few hours, then stop playing again for a week.
    Is that really the way you want players to play your game?

As it stands I feel punished for loving the game enough to spend alot of time in the world of Albion. I have been left with no ability to progress the skills I am interested in. And without the sense of progression I have lost most of what appeals to me with an mmo. I now feel like the only way for me to enjoy this game is to log in once a week, spend my Learning Points, and max them out again in a few hours of gametime. Then I have to wait another week untill I can play a game I enjoy once again.

I feel that this current system of Learning Points is killing the game for everyone except the really casual players.
    And it makes me really, really sad.
  • That's what I was arguing for in the summer alpha update post with devs. Inplementing stupid mechanics from unsucesfull F2P mmorpgs, punishing players that actually want to play the game. Greed will kill the game for most of us, people who came here with experience of True Games from 10 years ago? when game was just a game, not a money maker tool for guys in suits. Sucks that albion devs chosen to go this way, and 90% of community is blind for that, but they will wake up, unfortunately it will back fire terrible( ArcheAge, here we go again) Backlash from community will be devastating from the PR point of view.
    Twitch.tv/kamui_X

https://www.youtube.com/c/kamuix
  • Korn wrote:

...we will of course revisit the balancing of the learning point system.

That's encouraging to hear, and I really, really hope you do if you want to keep the "hardcore" playerbase. And note, I'm not saying the hardcore players are more important than anybody else, but we all know that if a PvPcentered mmo does not have an engaged, healthy core of more hardcore players it's not very likely to attract the casuals either and it will not be successful in the long run.
  • Kamui wrote:

Casuals will come and go, Black Desert is around the corner. Let us commit to the game, make it worth commiting.

After playing BD on KR start to finish, I can wholeheartedly say it is very similar to AA in architecture, and even more restrictive on end-game pvp. Good luck with it though! I can show you some power farming spots if you pm me and you're interested.

I might just log in to hunt you down there @Kamui ! Muahaha!