Learning Points - FACTS!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• But then what will they sell in th if cash shop?

A refillable point system you can use when ever you want is more attractive than a 30 minute booster that will time out while you are running around gathering resources or killing mobs. Plus sold time based boosters would clash with the subscription bennifits.

I don't like time restricted caps on advancement especially when they can be largley bypassed with alts.

The current cap screams cash shop to me.
  • i´d rather pay 10€ a month for Albion Online without learning point system than playing it for free with the system.

If it will get a cash shop option to buy 1000 LP for x amount of money, it will be terrible, because there would be players ingame who have to wait for their LP - makes me feel P2W.
    The monthly fee would not produce that for me; every player ingame would have the same chances, limited by their own time. You know what i mean?
  • Archiemedis wrote:

i´d rather pay 10€ a month for Albion Online without learning point system than playing it for free with the system.

If it will get a cash shop option to buy 1000 LP for x amount of money, it will be terrible, because there would be players ingame who have to wait for their LP - makes me feel P2W.
    The monthly fee would not produce that for me; every player ingame would have the same chances, limited by their own time. You know what i mean?

So, paying 10€ each month isnt P2W? That feature would be so OP and you are paying for it. At least is a fee, and not the common "pay more, get more" feature, but still it's P2W if you need to pay the premium so you dont get the LP system....
  • Paying 10€ each month is not P2W for me, no. And you didn´t understand my post, because as i was saying: a system with LP and option to get free LP is terrible. A system with no LP for everyone is better (in my opinion) and the monthly fee for it would mean that everyone will be able to play without LP. BUT they would have to pay monthly for the whole game.

If you translate that a little bit, it means that i enjoy this game and would pay for it monthly to remove LP completly out of the game for everyone. I don´t want to have 2 groups of players playing together, one for free and with LP and one without LP and at a monthly cost.

The best solution for me would be, to NOT pay anything at all for the game and still get rid of the LP system for everyone for good. You do get it now i hope :).
  • The entire system encourages large, fat zerg guilds.

If you have 10 guys, you will likely have around 11 different types of gear with 5 people. Each person has to master 4-5 pieces of gear depending on MH+OH or 2H (Helm, Chest, Boots). This is zero variation and no time "wasted" in other trees. When you start looking that even mid-high tier gear takes around 60 days to get into a single piece of gear, let alone 4-5 pieces. Let alone the fact you will need as many crafters as well specializing into crafting and refinement. 300 days, nearly a year, to get into high end gear? Oh wait, did you Ore Refiner and Helm Crafter quit the game - RIP.

The system is baffling and ridiculous when you do basic math on the information available. There's limiting people from advancing too fast, and then there's straight up limiting people's ability to play the game. The only way to stay ahead is have some massive fat zerg guild who can have multiple crafters of each type and multiple specializations as needed that a small or medium sized guild can ever do. All they did was make smaller guilds irrelevant in the new system outside of lower tiers.

People spouting nonsense about T4 and T5 and being able to get into T4/T5 don't even understand that's not even halfway up the ladder of gear progression now with T14. Oh, and a few tiers higher, is double your stats. So a guy in T8 is almost double the HP of a T5 not even talking about damage. Hell once gear level (T3 to T4 for example) is mind boggling better.

"I'm only posting on the forums because I'm LP capped in game." -- Kodiak, 2015
    mostly-harmless-guild.com/
  • illgot wrote:

But then what will they sell in th if cash shop?

A refillable point system you can use when ever you want is more attractive than a 30 minute booster that will time out while you are running around gathering resources or killing mobs. Plus sold time based boosters would clash with the subscription bennifits.

I don't like time restricted caps on advancement especially when they can be largley bypassed with alts.

The current cap screams cash shop to me.

If they sell boosters or crafting points, at least people still need to actually play the game and take advantage of them. Its a lot better than selling a complete package. And who cares about that anyways? It really wont matter in a couple months after launch when everyone who starts playing albion will look around at all the high/max tier players and it wont make a damn bit of difference to them how other players got to where they are. Remember, it aint a race, its a persistent world that will be sticking around.
  • Wolfsspinne wrote:

@Kodiak_MH

How about cooperating?
    You have the best leather boot maker, and the other guild have the best steel gauntlet maker - great let's trade!

Your question only validates my argument that the system encourages large, fat groups of people. All you're suggesting is that zerg be broken up into smaller groups that all still require each other. In the end the sum total is the same, you still need that large amount of people to support essentially a 5v5 combat system.

I mean I get it. It's all a very romantic view point. "Oh well if we make the system super limited, they have to specialize, then everyone will interact with each other! Yay!" Except the reality is far more grim. Fat zergy guilds will just do everything in house and the smaller guilds will be forced to either farm additional silver/money to interact on the market that the large group isn't (giving them more money to play with) or worse have to use lower tier gear that's more efficient for their level (IE: Worse gear that costs less) and be at a combat disadvantage.

"I'm only posting on the forums because I'm LP capped in game." -- Kodiak, 2015
    mostly-harmless-guild.com/
  • Wolfsspinne wrote:

@Kodiak_MH

How about cooperating?
    You have the best leather boot maker, and the other guild have the best steel gauntlet maker - great let's trade!

You are crazy if you think my guild or any other red or yellow guild will sell rival guilds the best place helms or t14 weapons.

It sounds good on paper but can we base game mechanics around reality not on wouldnt it be great if. Look at games today most people don't like sharing or collaborating outside of guilds let alone alliances. Players more often looks for ways to break or get around systems such as these.

Just like everyone will have PVP alt a refine and gatherer alt and a craft alt if the system stays like it is now.

@Kodiak_MH you can only speak truths so much before you just have to sit back and let these people experience a dead wasteland of a game after a few months for them to learn.
  • With the current point system I plan on using maybe 3-4 characters or alt accounts since it will be FTP. I don't know if we will have access to more then one character per account.

1) gathering

2) crafting

3) merchant / good character

4) pvp character

I remember in UO just running around naked mining or logging. That's all my gather character did. That way when he died to the zerg of reds I didn't lose much.
  • You are aware that u will get like 0 lp on f2p accounts? this system was intruduced to make us buy premium acc. They wont let people go with such and easy walk around, they will make it almost impossible to enjoy the game for f2p. They have to since they introduced that dumb restricting system, coppying it from UNSECCESFULL f2p mmorpgs on the market.
    Twitch.tv/kamui_X

https://www.youtube.com/c/kamuix
  • Kamui wrote:

You are aware that u will get like 0 lp on f2p accounts? this system was intruduced to make us buy premium acc. They wont let people go with such and easy walk around, they will make it almost impossible to enjoy the game for f2p. They have to since they introduced that dumb restricting system, coppying it from UNSECCESFULL f2p mmorpgs on the market.

It currently regenerates over time. It will probably regenerate over time faster if you have a subscription. If we are currently testing the subscription based increase, LP will regenerate over time more slowly than now if you are FTP. Then you just buy a consumable in the cash shop which may have a limit on how many you can use per day to limit guilds from feeding crafters.
  • illgot wrote:

Kamui wrote:

You are aware that u will get like 0 lp on f2p accounts? this system was intruduced to make us buy premium acc. They wont let people go with such and easy walk around, they will make it almost impossible to enjoy the game for f2p. They have to since they introduced that dumb restricting system, coppying it from UNSECCESFULL f2p mmorpgs on the market.

It currently regenerates over time. It will probably regenerate over time faster if you have a subscription. If we are currently testing the subscription based increase, LP will regenerate over time more slowly than now if you are FTP. Then you just buy a consumable in the cash shop which may have a limit on how many you can use per day to limit guilds from feeding crafters.

@illgot

We have no intention of selling any cash shop items (as it stands right now, dont know what is maybe in 5 years^^).

In regards to payment we are looking very close to EVE
    Subscription = Premium Account
    Plex = Gold

And yes learning points will regenerate faster with premium!

Thats it.