Royal Zones and Content and rep system

    • Royal Zones and Content and rep system

      Why there is only one way of incresing your reputation? And the only thing rep do is not allowing to enter red/yellow/blue zones, but why? What the point of reputation then? So if i do pvp in rz zones, i need to go for a red dungeon and just waste my time for rep, why? And outlaw system is stupid, becasue it causes only rats and blue campers, and i think that ganking being not pk is not good for the game, because you have 0 risk. And if red flagged people kill someone - unflag people can loot it in 0 risk, underway is camped by 10-15 blue rats who are just tring to kill outlaws on guards and rat loot because game provides. Becuase of all these sitution turning pk on in red zones in uselless, and you wont get any content - so it have to be reworked somehow
    • Ganking has already recived too much nerfs, first the reduction of red zones, now the clense and cc invulnerability. When you flag up people no longer fear you but you fear them, in 2-5 min you have 10 ppl chasing you. If a blue attacks red the red should be allowed to kill him without rep lose. Getting ganked in red zone is very rare if you are not a neewbie. I no longer feel the thrill of geting ganked in red zone becouse i have maximum 1 map to cross to carleon for e.g from fs only longimber from bw deadvein. Albion is becoming more and more vanila and friendly world. It has become transporting /trading game right now becouse there is absolutely no risk in transporting between royals.What originally brought me to this game was full loot pvp and the possibility to kill high value targets/ganking no other game is like this. I know it is cool to travel safe and make money but this is not what albion was about.

      The post was edited 4 times, last by DzikiDzik58 ().

    • DzikiDzik58 wrote:

      Ganking has already recived too much nerfs, first the reduction of red zones, now the clense and cc invulnerability. When you flag up people no longer fear you but you fear them, in 2-5 min you have 10 ppl chasing you. If a blue attacks red the red should be allowed to kill him without rep lose. Getting ganked in red zone is very rare if you are not a neewbie. I no longer feel the thrill of geting ganked in red zone becouse i have maximum 1 map to cross to carleon for e.g from fs only longimber from bw deadvein. Albion is becoming more and more vanila and friendly world. It has become transporting /trading game right now becouse there is absolutely no risk in transporting between royals.What originally brought me to this game was full loot pvp and the possibility to kill high value targets/ganking no other game is like this. I know it is cool to travel safe and make money but this is not what albion was about.
      cause ur meant to go away from the RZ after a while and the reward is huge, so 10 people chasing u is normal given that ur trying to pick off people on large slow mounts while using t6 shit, so your 1 big gank pays off for 10 sets min
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

      cause ur meant to go away from the RZ after a while and the reward is huge, so 10 people chasing u is normal given that ur trying to pick off people on large slow mounts while using t6 shit, so your 1 big gank pays off for 10 sets min
      we are not talking about the amount of time spent in a red zone, we are talking about this kind of scenario
      1) 4/5 gankers mounted roam around the map spotting a target
      2) they coordinate for the engage chasing and pushing the target to a specific spot
      3) they engage the target, all of the dismounted using all their abilities and cooldowns to dismount the target
      4) they succeed (or fail) and if they do succeed they are able to loot the body
      exceptions: as soon as a blue spots a red player the following things happen:
      1) blue starts chasing red players, another blue follows and another and another
      2) blue players wait for reds to engage their target, dismount when they used their abilities, quickly wipe reds off (ratio 3:1 blues to reds) and mass around the body of the fellow transporter, two minutes later they loot the body at basically zero risk, profiting for someone else's work, again I repeat and I cannot stress enough about this concept; THEY LOOT SOMEONE'S ELSE KILL WITHOUT PENALTIES...

      I hope that's clear.
    • fballarino wrote:

      LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

      cause ur meant to go away from the RZ after a while and the reward is huge, so 10 people chasing u is normal given that ur trying to pick off people on large slow mounts while using t6 shit, so your 1 big gank pays off for 10 sets min
      we are not talking about the amount of time spent in a red zone, we are talking about this kind of scenario 1) 4/5 gankers mounted roam around the map spotting a target
      2) they coordinate for the engage chasing and pushing the target to a specific spot
      3) they engage the target, all of the dismounted using all their abilities and cooldowns to dismount the target
      4) they succeed (or fail) and if they do succeed they are able to loot the body
      exceptions: as soon as a blue spots a red player the following things happen:
      1) blue starts chasing red players, another blue follows and another and another
      2) blue players wait for reds to engage their target, dismount when they used their abilities, quickly wipe reds off (ratio 3:1 blues to reds) and mass around the body of the fellow transporter, two minutes later they loot the body at basically zero risk, profiting for someone else's work, again I repeat and I cannot stress enough about this concept; THEY LOOT SOMEONE'S ELSE KILL WITHOUT PENALTIES...

      I hope that's clear.
      easy fix, become a blue player and kill the reds, ez profit, i mean its like crying that someone took your terri after u pved it with a boss team, u clapped someone on a slow mount who cant move after getting downed and more ppl piled on to you, just cause u get a kill doesnt mean u get to keep the spoils, u can fight for it XD
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

      fballarino wrote:

      LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

      cause ur meant to go away from the RZ after a while and the reward is huge, so 10 people chasing u is normal given that ur trying to pick off people on large slow mounts while using t6 shit, so your 1 big gank pays off for 10 sets min
      we are not talking about the amount of time spent in a red zone, we are talking about this kind of scenario 1) 4/5 gankers mounted roam around the map spotting a target2) they coordinate for the engage chasing and pushing the target to a specific spot
      3) they engage the target, all of the dismounted using all their abilities and cooldowns to dismount the target
      4) they succeed (or fail) and if they do succeed they are able to loot the body
      exceptions: as soon as a blue spots a red player the following things happen:
      1) blue starts chasing red players, another blue follows and another and another
      2) blue players wait for reds to engage their target, dismount when they used their abilities, quickly wipe reds off (ratio 3:1 blues to reds) and mass around the body of the fellow transporter, two minutes later they loot the body at basically zero risk, profiting for someone else's work, again I repeat and I cannot stress enough about this concept; THEY LOOT SOMEONE'S ELSE KILL WITHOUT PENALTIES...

      I hope that's clear.
      easy fix, become a blue player and kill the reds, ez profit, i mean its like crying that someone took your terri after u pved it with a boss team, u clapped someone on a slow mount who cant move after getting downed and more ppl piled on to you, just cause u get a kill doesnt mean u get to keep the spoils, u can fight for it XD
      FIght for it? If you are fighting, you take risk, but we are talking about 0 risks for blue people
    • Agreed many things need to change but what seems to be the most obvious needed change is NOT losing reputation for killing a blue who initiated combat. As a solo flagged player you often purposely try to leave the low gear kids alone because the kill is not worth the rep loss but often these kids follow you around attacking you so you need to kill them as some point. Fine if they choose to do that but being they did I should no longer take the rep penalty. As guy above said the game has changed a lot since COVID. Red zones are crawling with blues. Flagging these days is like taking a jaunt threw Archganistan.
    • Depends Silva. Problem has been as a solo OW player it has traditionally been very difficult to find consistent content in BZ. You can dive T7 and T8 SRDs for hours and find nada. For this reason many solo PvPers dive red zone T7 instead for much more frequent contact rates. Luckily all this will not matter much in a couple weeks when we finally get corrupted dungeons. This will be the focus of most of the solo vets.
    • Yes, it is often frustrating, really frustrating, but that does not explain why we continue to complain about a system that was created for the most experienced players not to run over the youngest in an area created for the youngest and not for the more experienced ones.

      PK is never a balanced thing, nor will it ever be.
      Each of its players, whether they are PK or Victim, go from one moment to the other have an advantage over each other whether by the strength of numbers, by experience or even because of the opportunism of the situation.
      The PK has always complained about the defences of the victims, and the protection that the game gives them today, but all of these defences and protections were created exactly for one reason.

      Lack of victims!
      Several times the activity of PK and DRive caused a lack of victims in this game, and for this reason these mechanisms were created so that the players again feel attracted to leave the safe zones and come to the PvP zones.
      Not understanding why a system like Outlaw and Rep. System exists in the game is not understanding the game itself.
    • LordSilva wrote:

      Yes, it is often frustrating, really frustrating, but that does not explain why we continue to complain about a system that was created for the most experienced players not to run over the youngest in an area created for the youngest and not for the more experienced ones.

      PK is never a balanced thing, nor will it ever be.
      Each of its players, whether they are PK or Victim, go from one moment to the other have an advantage over each other whether by the strength of numbers, by experience or even because of the opportunism of the situation.
      The PK has always complained about the defences of the victims, and the protection that the game gives them today, but all of these defences and protections were created exactly for one reason.

      Lack of victims!
      Several times the activity of PK and DRive caused a lack of victims in this game, and for this reason these mechanisms were created so that the players again feel attracted to leave the safe zones and come to the PvP zones.
      Not understanding why a system like Outlaw and Rep. System exists in the game is not understanding the game itself.
      Carleon Black Market is the core of the economy of the game and you call it a "young area" ? Transporting from royal cities to the BM has become a joke, you have to walk literally half of a red map, half of which you have bubble, 95% of the players there are not flagged and can't touch you...
    • First of all, the content of first post makes everyone go "naah" just because of how it's written. Consists of every possible mechanic of Royal ganking like it's bad, that's why I understand Silva's point of view, but at the same time I wouldn't say RZ ganking is as the right spot right now. Don't have enough time to point out everything I would change just to balance it in the right way, but eventually gonna write just "something" to give my point of view.

      Police zergs destroy PKing in Royal Continent
      Like, I know it's a sandbox thing to do, be yourself a vigilante of Royal States and punish all the bandits around, blah blah blah, it's fine, makes profitable content less profitable for gankers, while they can get some money out of it.
      Seems pretty balanced, but there are tons of transporters that won't get caught not only there's a lot of people fighting with reds, but their transport path is so short I'd call it a joke. Maps like Mardale or Deadvein Guily(or however it's called), you're barely exposed for gankers in those zones since you've got to travel only 1/2 of the map and in Underway you're pretty safe.

      And honestly the solution I'd like to see to even those things out is either:
      a) Bringing back more Red Zones so way any city -> Caerleon is actually 1,5-2 map long like it used to be, this way Police would have to look for reds on few extra maps which would spread them a bit, gankers would have more room to chase transports, so it's not short for 1/2 of the map.
      b) Make it so in Caerleon Underway you're actually able to catch something, just simply make it bigger. Yes, I know you're still able to get ahead and catch someone, but usually I can imagine it's the matter of seconds.

      I'm not a ganker myself but I feel bad for those RZ gankers since all the nerfs don't really apply to Black Zone where even that they gate camp, or gank around Portal Zones they still have a loot of room to chase that victim, meanwhile in redzones you're very, very limited. If you feel like having too much room to gank in red maps, you can prevent gankers to gank everyone by slightly increasing the reputation penalty so they have to pick their targets more visely.
    • DivTV wrote:

      First of all, the content of first post makes everyone go "naah" just because of how it's written. Consists of every possible mechanic of Royal ganking like it's bad, that's why I understand Silva's point of view, but at the same time I wouldn't say RZ ganking is as the right spot right now. Don't have enough time to point out everything I would change just to balance it in the right way, but eventually gonna write just "something" to give my point of view.

      Police zergs destroy PKing in Royal Continent
      Like, I know it's a sandbox thing to do, be yourself a vigilante of Royal States and punish all the bandits around, blah blah blah, it's fine, makes profitable content less profitable for gankers, while they can get some money out of it.
      Seems pretty balanced, but there are tons of transporters that won't get caught not only there's a lot of people fighting with reds, but their transport path is so short I'd call it a joke. Maps like Mardale or Deadvein Guily(or however it's called), you're barely exposed for gankers in those zones since you've got to travel only 1/2 of the map and in Underway you're pretty safe.

      And honestly the solution I'd like to see to even those things out is either:
      a) Bringing back more Red Zones so way any city -> Caerleon is actually 1,5-2 map long like it used to be, this way Police would have to look for reds on few extra maps which would spread them a bit, gankers would have more room to chase transports, so it's not short for 1/2 of the map.
      b) Make it so in Caerleon Underway you're actually able to catch something, just simply make it bigger. Yes, I know you're still able to get ahead and catch someone, but usually I can imagine it's the matter of seconds.

      I'm not a ganker myself but I feel bad for those RZ gankers since all the nerfs don't really apply to Black Zone where even that they gate camp, or gank around Portal Zones they still have a loot of room to chase that victim, meanwhile in redzones you're very, very limited. If you feel like having too much room to gank in red maps, you can prevent gankers to gank everyone by slightly increasing the reputation penalty so they have to pick their targets more visely.
      the people making bank in caerleon arent ever leaving caerleon
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

      DivTV wrote:

      First of all, the content of first post makes everyone go "naah" just because of how it's written. Consists of every possible mechanic of Royal ganking like it's bad, that's why I understand Silva's point of view, but at the same time I wouldn't say RZ ganking is as the right spot right now. Don't have enough time to point out everything I would change just to balance it in the right way, but eventually gonna write just "something" to give my point of view.

      Police zergs destroy PKing in Royal Continent
      Like, I know it's a sandbox thing to do, be yourself a vigilante of Royal States and punish all the bandits around, blah blah blah, it's fine, makes profitable content less profitable for gankers, while they can get some money out of it.
      Seems pretty balanced, but there are tons of transporters that won't get caught not only there's a lot of people fighting with reds, but their transport path is so short I'd call it a joke. Maps like Mardale or Deadvein Guily(or however it's called), you're barely exposed for gankers in those zones since you've got to travel only 1/2 of the map and in Underway you're pretty safe.

      And honestly the solution I'd like to see to even those things out is either:
      a) Bringing back more Red Zones so way any city -> Caerleon is actually 1,5-2 map long like it used to be, this way Police would have to look for reds on few extra maps which would spread them a bit, gankers would have more room to chase transports, so it's not short for 1/2 of the map.
      b) Make it so in Caerleon Underway you're actually able to catch something, just simply make it bigger. Yes, I know you're still able to get ahead and catch someone, but usually I can imagine it's the matter of seconds.

      I'm not a ganker myself but I feel bad for those RZ gankers since all the nerfs don't really apply to Black Zone where even that they gate camp, or gank around Portal Zones they still have a loot of room to chase that victim, meanwhile in redzones you're very, very limited. If you feel like having too much room to gank in red maps, you can prevent gankers to gank everyone by slightly increasing the reputation penalty so they have to pick their targets more visely.
      the people making bank in caerleon arent ever leaving caerleon
      And people making bank out of ganking are ratting ZvZs, not siting in Red Zones catching transports. It's irrelevant to the topic just like your point.
    • Point out a map that has not undergone any changes in the last 3 years in relation to the distances to Caerleon, quite the opposite at the moment the vast majority of gamblers live outside Caerleon which represents an increase in transport to that city and you say you find less victims?

      With the entrance of the Queen and the loss of the Caerleon BZ Portal the game started to require that the crossing to the City of Caerleon through the Red zone to be mandatory, just to have access to the Black Market.
      This alone causes a very significant increase in targets to Gank/PK in this game like it never existed with any of the previous updates.

      But however you are saying that this is not enough because you are not having enough victims. Is that what I'm understanding? You think you are being penalized for not being able to catch all these juicy targets?
    • LordSilva wrote:

      Point out a map that has not undergone any changes in the last 3 years in relation to the distances to Caerleon, quite the opposite at the moment the vast majority of gamblers live outside Caerleon which represents an increase in transport to that city and you say you find less victims?

      With the entrance of the Queen and the loss of the Caerleon BZ Portal the game started to require that the crossing to the City of Caerleon through the Red zone to be mandatory, just to have access to the Black Market.
      This alone causes a very significant increase in targets to Gank/PK in this game like it never existed with any of the previous updates.

      But however you are saying that this is not enough because you are not having enough victims. Is that what I'm understanding? You think you are being penalized for not being able to catch all these juicy targets?

      what you are arguing sounds good at first, and on paper everything you say is 100% realistic and logical but in reality it simply not true.
      for reasons that I will not begin to explain the following things happen when you go red and I will later explain how increasing red zone maps-
      1. I would argue that before queens update there was a significantly lower number of police because reds could always retreat to rz territories conditional areas where blues would be forced to attack each other but now its a 200% risk free if you wait 2 minutes and chase reds around until enough people chase them with you which should take 1-3 minutes MAX. the conditional zones of chest are not in transport routes and you risk getting attacked by hell gate teams if you go to 5v5 areas so you are forced to leave the map but often you will be chased to the yellow zone.
      2. there are no victims because the reds have been made the victims so tell me how is it fair to donate 5 sets and get chased for 40 minutes to make 1 kill per hour and I'm no shitter I have 560m fame I'm not the best banker but its simply gear donation and suicidal and a waste of time + very tilting to go hard flag.
      3. the game is appealing to the newer players by protecting them from veterans or anyone who enjoys pvp but in the pursuit they have successfully destroyed RZ ganking.
      I enjoy ganking with 2 friends or 3 max why should I be forced to have a t1 blob and 5 scouts to get 5 seconds of content?
    • In this point, you are describing exactly a Pos-Queen situation, where increased activity in the red zone causes an increase in anti Gank/PK activity, that is, it was not any protection that was added to the game, but rather the increase in activity on the maps caused these new mechanics.
      For that very reason I love the black zone for PK/Gank, because I know that things are always much more balanced than in red zones.

      I am from a time when a PK attacked a mounted player, the target player lost life before his mount, which caused the player's death and not the mount (mounted player does not defend or attack) and if you were dismounted by a PK, you had ALL your skills in CD, without any form of defence or attack, I'm from a time when PK was effective for a short time, because then PK was hunted in the same way as any other player, but on a much smaller map and with less successful escape chances.
      I am from the time when there was no type of reputation system, a time when the map had more yellow and red areas than black and blue areas and where you had dozens of cities. within short distance from each other.
      From a time when we were very few in the game to be able to understand the impacts of our actions.

      The game increased its population number in a very significant way and with that came the social changes to the game.

      Life in a black zone is directly linked to the political influence of its coalitions and is not the expertise of the forces in battle as it was in the past. Any new force will not live for the black zone without having good relations with the existing forces.
      Life on the royal continent is directly linked to how players' societies react to the game, but with the difference that nowadays the numbers are bigger than they were in the past and that is why society's response is always on a larger scale.

      All systems in the red and yellow zone are correctly implemented and their evolution in the game is stable, what has changed is the game community, the community has increased and many of the players do not understand that they must also adapt to these changes.


      But you can always activate faction, that way you'll always have the guarantee that blues don't attack you
      nor suffer from the reputation system.
      PS: I have already suggested in the past that the entire red zone be doubled, you should have that suggestion in the 2018 archives, more or less, but so far nothing. We continue to waiting!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by LordSilva ().

    • One more thing that I'd like to point out, the looting system.
      Let's assume that a group of red flagged players manages to kill the target, they have a very small window to fully loot the corpse (and that's already a best case scenario) before being overrun by a fair amount of unflagged players that will certainly engage or push the flagged players away, now comes the fun part, after only 120s these unflagged players can freely loot the corpse of the victim even if they did 0 damage to him. The reality is that after a kill most certainly a blob of players form on the corpse and the macro/fast loot/autoclicker players get everything...
      I think this should be hardly reworked.
    • fballarino wrote:

      One more thing that I'd like to point out, the looting system.
      Let's assume that a group of red flagged players manages to kill the target, they have a very small window to fully loot the corpse (and that's already a best case scenario) before being overrun by a fair amount of unflagged players that will certainly engage or push the flagged players away, now comes the fun part, after only 120s these unflagged players can freely loot the corpse of the victim even if they did 0 damage to him. The reality is that after a kill most certainly a blob of players form on the corpse and the macro/fast loot/autoclicker players get everything...
      I think this should be hardly reworked.
      i mean after you push an enemy zerg you only have a few seconds before you get clumped and deleted. being red in rz is high risk high reward, being blue in caerleon is low risk low reward , you dont get rewards unless reds are around, so yup.