[RESOLVED] CC Immunity & Portal Shrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [RESOLVED] CC Immunity & Portal Shrines

Update: With the Rise of Avalon, using an Outlands Portal Shrine now also makes the player immune to crowd control effects - this effect will be nullified along with other positive and negative shrine effects upon changing a cluster or any world interaction.

Hi everyone,

We are aware that crowd control immunity currently does not work while having the Invisibility buff from the Invisibility Shrines around the Portals. This allows players to be rooted and stunned when invisible.

We consider abusing this to be an exploit under clause 15.5.4 of our Terms and Conditions and those who abuse this will be sanctioned accordingly. If you see anyone abusing this from this post onwards, please file a report by writing to support@albiononline.com and provide any evidence you might have (video confirmation of the exploit).

Our developers are currently working on fixing this issue as soon as possible. Players should then receive crowd control immunity when using the Shrines and lose that immunity after changing zones.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Mytherceria#3744
    • Hello, good morning, I am writing to make a complaint about all the commotion that is being generated as a result of the new method of ganking in the invisibility source, I think that all this is unnecessary and the possible bans that can be carried out since it is a method that is possible to avoid having certain cares, what am I going with this? I am going to be in the black zone all the time one must take precautions to avoid deaths, that is partly the grace of the game and that makes it unique, I think that banning people for this is illogical and unfair, since it was only a smart move and novel, it is already quite certain that with a map before the portals there is a bubble that protects you and also an invisibility potion, I think that it should be left as it is and that the people of the game themselves generate some method to avoid it, such as taking the source from the opposite side of the gankers, with that it is simply avoided, this is the complaint, thank you very much.
    • Terrens wrote:

Hello, good morning, I am writing to make a complaint about all the commotion that is being generated as a result of the new method of ganking in the invisibility source, I think that all this is unnecessary and the possible bans that can be carried out since it is a method that is possible to avoid having certain cares, what am I going with this? I am going to be in the black zone all the time one must take precautions to avoid deaths, that is partly the grace of the game and that makes it unique, I think that banning people for this is illogical and unfair, since it was only a smart move and novel, it is already quite certain that with a map before the portals there is a bubble that protects you and also an invisibility potion, I think that it should be left as it is and that the people of the game themselves generate some method to avoid it, such as taking the source from the opposite side of the gankers, with that it is simply avoided, this is the complaint, thank you very much.
      the buff clearly states youre immune, youve been abusing a bug for personal gain for couple of patches, the fact they don't permaban you is straight up bullshit.
      might as well call the duping exploit *a clever way to use game mechanics* or locking people into their houses with no way of them going outside and other tens of dozens of bullshit things.
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Hi everyone,

We are aware that crowd control immunity currently does not work while having the Invisibility buff from the Invisibility Shrines around the Portals. This allows players to be rooted and stunned when invisible.

We consider abusing this to be an exploit under clause 15.5.4 of our Terms and Conditions and those who abuse this will be sanctioned accordingly. If you see anyone abusing this from this post onwards, please file a report by writing to support@albiononline.com and provide any evidence you might have (video confirmation of the exploit).

Our developers are currently working on fixing this issue as soon as possible. Players should then receive crowd control immunity when using the Shrines and lose that immunity after changing zones.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team
      I still do not understand. Can we use all other exploits untill you post topic on forum about it?

Or ill ask different way: the only things you posted on forum as exploits, is against T&C? All other exploits can be used and we'll not get banned if doing it before post?

And question 2, all rules of T&C not working untill you make special post about exactly this thing is not allowed?
    • Terrens wrote:

Hello, good morning, I am writing to make a complaint about all the commotion that is being generated as a result of the new method of ganking in the invisibility source, I think that all this is unnecessary and the possible bans that can be carried out since it is a method that is possible to avoid having certain cares, what am I going with this? I am going to be in the black zone all the time one must take precautions to avoid deaths, that is partly the grace of the game and that makes it unique, I think that banning people for this is illogical and unfair, since it was only a smart move and novel, it is already quite certain that with a map before the portals there is a bubble that protects you and also an invisibility potion, I think that it should be left as it is and that the people of the game themselves generate some method to avoid it, such as taking the source from the opposite side of the gankers, with that it is simply avoided, this is the complaint, thank you very much.
      Here SBI ^ Found the portal camping exploiter
    • Adiktid wrote:

Terrens wrote:

Don´t be a baby. He isn´t really wrong.

This is a sandbox. What does it mean ? It means players will use any mechanics in any way that benefits them. If something like this is there, people will make use of it.

Even darn duel scams with silver are allowed. Trading or dueling people in BZ to either dismount them with it or make them use their bubble. Jebaiting people in many shapes and forms, or just pushing afk people in yellow zones into red zones with knockback effects.

This was unintended, but you can´t blame players for making use of it. Instead, fix it. And saying on forum it is bannable is Not Good Enough - for nobody reads forum. Instead, send everyone a mail or something so that people know it, otherwise it will be very unfair.

Also there is currently unintended mechanic that is rather gamebreaking, and people are abusing so i am losing cash because i cant kill them because of it, or they kill me because of it. That´s a loss of profit. If i were to make use of it, it would be extremely unfair towards other people and then sbi would be forced to quickly fix it ( if too many people were using it, thus more complains). It is a bit annoying. Please Sbi, focus on important stuff quickly - not when too many people exploit it.

SBI, just fix this quickly - add hard CC to immunity to invis bubble ( even against bedrock mace), and make is to that invis bubble will be removed when entering next zone so that people wont abuse it in adjanced zones - ez
    • Borbarad wrote:

Adiktid wrote:

Terrens wrote:

Don´t be a baby. He isn´t really wrong.
      This is a sandbox. What does it mean ? It means players will use any mechanics in any way that benefits them. If something like this is there, people will make use of it.

Even darn duel scams with silver are allowed. Trading or dueling people in BZ to either dismount them with it or make them use their bubble. Jebaiting people in many shapes and forms, or just pushing afk people in yellow zones into red zones with knockback effects.

This was unintended, but you can´t blame players for making use of it. Instead, fix it. And saying on forum it is bannable is Not Good Enough - for nobody reads forum. Instead, send everyone a mail or something so that people know it, otherwise it will be very unfair.

Also there is currently unintended mechanic that is rather gamebreaking, and people are abusing so i am losing cash because i cant kill them because of it, or they kill me because of it. That´s a loss of profit. If i were to make use of it, it would be extremely unfair towards other people and then sbi would be forced to quickly fix it ( if too many people were using it, thus more complains). It is a bit annoying. Please Sbi, focus on important stuff quickly - not when too many people exploit it.

SBI, just fix this quickly - add hard CC to immunity to invis bubble ( even against bedrock mace), and make is to that invis bubble will be removed when entering next zone so that people wont abuse it in adjanced zones - ez
      They can't just add it back since like a month ago, they removed it due to people keeping the CC resist on the following map. Hence why now people are able to kill people after they got the juice. So one exploit getting stopped, led to another one being used.

This isn't a small issue since that means they need to potentially completely review the whole buble mechanic from the shrine and find why the first issue was possible and after that fix it to put the cc resistance again in.

Please keep in mind that in less than 2 weeks, they have a huge update release to account for. Normally, they are in "crunch" time if they are not perfectly on their desired schedule and if people keep finding major bugs/exploits/issues on the test servers or on live, this could either lead to delay on the release of ava roads or in some bugs not getting fixed on update launch and having more blatant issues lying around. Not an easy situation to be in as a dev.
    • I see it is simple - you just remove the invis bubble from shrine upon entering new zone, and you give invis bubble CC immunity.

If that is impossible to code for some reason, then make the Invis bubble lasts 15 - 20 seconds and after that just retain invisibility and silence. That should be doable, and would limit the exploitability of it. As for people being subjected to lets say AOE ? Well, just dont run into dismounted people then bruh, ez when u have invis.
    • Ophill wrote:

Odd, I thought this was intended behavior a month ago.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Queen Hotfix 14.3 - 29 June 2020

Fixes

Removed all crowd control immunities from the Outland Portal Shrine buff - this fixes an issue where players would retain CC immunity after changing zones

It clearly says RETAIN CC IMMUNITY AFTER CHANGING ZONES, not when you take or recieve the buff, gotta practice on your reading comprehension
    • Joselardi wrote:

Ophill wrote:

Odd, I thought this was intended behavior a month ago.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Queen Hotfix 14.3 - 29 June 2020

Fixes

Removed all crowd control immunities from the Outland Portal Shrine buff - this fixes an issue where players would retain CC immunity after changing zones

It clearly says RETAIN CC IMMUNITY AFTER CHANGING ZONES, not when you take or recieve the buff, gotta practice on your reading comprehension
      Removed all crowd control immunities from the Outland Portal Shrine buff - This was the change

this fixes an issue where players would retain CC immunity after changing zones - This was the justification for this change

No where does this state that the change is only for when you have the buff, but then leave the zone. This was clearly a band aid fix with unintended consequences.