MOBA-like controls, please.

• MOBA-like controls, please.

Hello,

I am kind of a new player here, doing a little bit of everything the game has to offer, but most of all I like to do solo dungeon runs together with my SO.
      Any way, I'm playing as archer as of right now and since the very 1st dungeon run we did I thought "wow, this is less MMORPG and more MOBA-like game in regards of the battle" and 1st instinct I had as I play a ranged character was to SHIFT + LMB to target/attack a mob w/o moving... And I got disappointed...
      The more we play, the more I get frustrated playing as an archer as I can not execute such action and I think, in general, the lack of this control puts archers (and I guess other ranged classes) in great disadvantage compared to melle builds. I have yet to try any PvP but already I presume it would be even more frustrating and I can only imagine the chaos in ZvZ fights w/o this action control.
      Yes, I did try googling on this topic and found 2+ year old threads where everyone is shouting "OMG turn on RPG controls", but they solve 0 issues and as I said - this game battle mechanics are MOBA-like and I don't even know why would the devs not implement controls that would suit it so perfectly?
      TL;DR

Please put in SHIFT + LMB/SKILL BUTTON to execute action w/o moving.

Thank you for your time <3 .
    • DirtySentinel wrote:

I am not sure I understand the frustration you are facing with wanting to just stand still and use autos and abilities, can you elaborate?

I came from League and I actually prefer Albion’s control scheme of selecting a target and using abilities / spacebar to auto and find it hard to go back to league.
      I play adc in league and also prefer albion kiting mechanics, the spacebar auto-attack makes everything easier.
    • DirtySentinel wrote:

I am not sure I understand the frustration you are facing with wanting to just stand still and use autos and abilities, can you elaborate?

I came from League and I actually prefer Albion’s control scheme of selecting a target and using abilities / spacebar to auto and find it hard to go back to league.
      Yes, I can elaborate. Here, if you miss click the target and click on ground you start moving, no matter what controls are on, and then you have to quickly move your cursor somewhere away and move it back on target and try again.
      Only classic controls has the option for two click action (target then attack), but it does not eliminate the "move" on LMB.
      RTS controls are a complete disaster IMHO.
      Regardless, the SHIFT hold mechanic to basically disable "move" on any action, IMO, would benefit a lot of players and I don't understand why you have to be so passive-aggressive against it by trying to imply that you actually prefer current controls. I don't and you can't convince me they are better just because you find them better. And what I'm asking for the devs to implement is not ground-breaking, core code restructuring method/function.
      I mean, there's already the "cast on button release" option, which is great, so why not finish full MOBA-like controls with this simple optional function?

Peace.
    • Droo_ wrote:

The more we play, the more I get frustrated playing as an archer as I can not execute such action and I think, in general, the lack of this control puts archers (and I guess other ranged classes) in great disadvantage compared to melle builds.
      Ranged players are already top dps and meta. They are already at an advantage. Melee is dead with and exception of daggers.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • Droo_ wrote:

DirtySentinel wrote:

Yes, I can elaborate. Here, if you miss click the target and click on ground you start moving, no matter what controls are on, and then you have to quickly move your cursor somewhere away and move it back on target and try again.Only classic controls has the option for two click action (target then attack), but it does not eliminate the "move" on LMB.
      RTS controls are a complete disaster IMHO.
      Regardless, the SHIFT hold mechanic to basically disable "move" on any action, IMO, would benefit a lot of players and I don't understand why you have to be so passive-aggressive against it by trying to imply that you actually prefer current controls. I don't and you can't convince me they are better just because you find them better. And what I'm asking for the devs to implement is not ground-breaking, core code restructuring method/function.
      I mean, there's already the "cast on button release" option, which is great, so why not finish full MOBA-like controls with this simple optional function?
      i don't really understand because you can select with left clic and if you miss you don't move , my right clic make me move and attack with left i target