2v2 Hellgates - GEAR SWITCHING DISABLED (DO NOT ALLOW THIS!)

• 2v2 Hellgates - GEAR SWITCHING DISABLED (DO NOT ALLOW THIS!)

I have thousands of hours of experience as a healer in 2v2s and I think to disabling all gear switching is a huge over Nerf to healer comps that rely on pocket picks. This just makes double burst comps and stun comps super powerful cuz they do not need any swaps. As a healer dps comp, now you have to balance your build with defense/offense/cleanses, from my testing in test server, its impossible with 0 swaps.

My solution: AT LEAST allow healer comps to swap Potions

( you need the res pot against big burst comps, and you need the poison pot to even have any kill pressure against good healer comps and you need mana pots as a healer against other healer comps )
    • LegaI wrote:

I have thousands of hours of experience as a healer in 2v2s and I think to disabling all gear switching is a huge over Nerf to healer comps that rely on pocket picks. This just makes double burst comps and stun comps super powerful cuz they do not need any swaps. As a healer dps comp, now you have to balance your build with defense/offense/cleanses, from my testing in test server, its impossible with 0 swaps.

My solution: AT LEAST allow healer comps to swap Potions

( you need the res pot against big burst comps, and you need the poison pot to even have any kill pressure against good healer comps and you need mana pots as a healer against other healer comps )
      i mean you guys run 9 switchs and its those specific items that allow you to win against those comps its meta and metas shift
    • Yes agree allow potions, and that is all. As a healer in 2s mainly this will not be cancer like all the inbreds swapping multiple weapons, and not even having any skill. Just have the healer run in, and tell the dps what to change to.

But all in all I'm actually excited to try out new builds that I have developed for this new meta. Will take much more skill to pull off healer dps.
    • Idk how long you have been playing, but back in 2018, people would hellgate and no one brought swaps. My partner and I would run drudic staff and a light cross bow. Probably won 75% of our gates. This was in 4.1 too. This change isn't fucking up healer comps, it's just making it so people have to stop playing so sweaty and start risking less gear since they can't force the fight in thier favor 100% of the time. If you go against a comp that you are at a disadvantage too, you have to play smart and try to bait spells and make them screw themselves. If you die, it's okay cause it's only 4.1. I think this change makes it more accessible to new players. Since the gear ip avg will probably come down.
    • well , I dont like this change either , and yes it will kill dps+healer at top level , not at 4.1 , hellgates became recently really competetive place and removing swaps is going to make them less competetive because there are going to be 1-2 build combs that will rule them all ( none of theese combs will be with healer )

Regarding Legal he is probably just going to play one of theese top tier combs and still have better win rate then you :)
    • Food swaps, maybe. I see how this can allow a corrupted dungeon player to endlessly play corrupted dungeons until they lose. It could be a while.

Potion swaps, sure. The worst thing that happens is they swap to an invis potion and use that... The next potion would be 30 seconds later. Why not? It's just a 30-second ability.

Maybe add a "swap timer" for potions and food. like another 30 seconds, and don't allow swaps if they are on CD (+ in combat).

----

I 100% agree that HGs and Corrupted Dungeons should not allow gear swapping while in the instance.