Leveling Weapons and Not Being Afraid of PvP

• Leveling Weapons and Not Being Afraid of PvP

Hi Guys, my friend and I are pretty new to the game, and I wanted to see if we could get some advice as to the best way to level up desired weapons (we are both currently using Dagger).

We want to be able to use the better Tiers, as we are worried about PvPing and not being able to do well with T5 weapons, while also not getting to enjoy a focus of this game (PvP).

Any tips on gathering fame quickly, as well as tips for dipping our feet into PvP would be fantastic, thank you so much in advance!
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

both of you could take 4.1 gear (preferably excellent quality, unless relic item) to a semi-remote T5 black zone and duo the solo dungeons
      So is 4.1 gear indicated by the green gem in the lower left of the piece of equipment? I've heard this mentioned before but I'm not totally sure what it means. Also, is relic gear different than normal equipment; I do know about item quality though and understand what you mean with that.
    • Total_Havok wrote:

So is 4.1 gear indicated by the green gem in the lower left of the piece of equipment?
      Yes. There are 3 enchantment levels (.1, .2, and .3).

Also, is relic gear different than normal equipment;
      If you delve an piece of gear and it needs some item other than just resource materials, it's an artifact. Relic artifacts (shown in the delve window of the artifact) are the most powerful.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Gatherer
      T7 Fishing
      700 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Yes. There are 3 enchantment levels (.1, .2, and .3).

If you delve an piece of gear and it needs some item other than just resource materials, it's an artifact. Relic artifacts (shown in the delve window of the artifact) are the most powerful
      So are Artifacts and Relic Artifact Gear harder to get? Do you craft them, or find them?

Scims wrote:

Enchant your weapons
      Okay, how do I do that, and what is the benefit of it? Thanks in advance!
    • Total_Havok wrote:

So are Artifacts and Relic Artifact Gear harder to get? Do you craft them, or find them?

They are harder to get since you need not only the resourses, but also the artifact necessary to craft said item. On the plus side, they're usually stronger (since you get all the skills for the weapon even in low tiers like t4 or t5).

You can drop these itens in dgs or you can drop just the artifact itself and then you craft the item.

You enchant your weapons/armors by using runes, souls and relics in then.

T4 runes upgrades a t4 item to 4.1. Souls makes the itens .2 and relics upgrades then to .3.

There's a specific NPC that lets you do that, the Artifact Foundry.

The amount of runes, souls or relics needed to enchant your itens depends on the slot:

144 for one handed weapons
      192 for two handed weapons
      96 for armors and bags
      48 for helmets, boots, capes and off hands.
    • Loholt wrote:

Total_Havok wrote:

They are harder to get since you need not only the resourses, but also the artifact necessary to craft said item. On the plus side, they're usually stronger (since you get all the skills for the weapon even in low tiers like t4 or t5).
      You can drop these itens in dgs or you can drop just the artifact itself and then you craft the item.

T4 runes upgrades a t4 item to 4.1. Souls makes the itens .2 and relics upgrades then to .3.

The amount of runes, souls or relics needed to enchant your itens depends on the slot:

96 for armors and bags
      Just a bit of extra info...

From the list of the enchantments, a .2 enchant can only be placed on a .1 item and a .3 on a .2 item. You can't put the higher enchants on a .0 base item.
      Learn something new every day.
    • Loholt wrote:

96 for armors and bags
      Awesome, that is super helpful, thank you so much!

Just to clarify, if I wanted to enchant a dagger to .1 I would need 144 runes?

Thanks again for all of that information!

Geofors wrote:

Just a bit of extra info...
      From the list of the enchantments, a .2 enchant can only be placed on a .1 item and a .3 on a .2 item. You can't put the higher enchants on a .0 base item.
      Thank You as well Geofors! I definitely would have tried this so you saved me some confusion!
    • Svenblade wrote:

If you want to PvP with new characters on a somewhat even playing field, while simultaneously leveling, do yellow hellgates.

These are entry level competitive 5v5 content.
      Yellow Hellgates in which zones? Are they in T5 zones?

Termak wrote:

Remember the rune/soul/relic cost is often higher than just buying the upgraded version from market as is, atleast on lower tier/quality items.
      So it's more worth it to buy the gear at the market?
    • Termak wrote:

Remember the rune/soul/relic cost is often higher than just buying the upgraded version from market as is, atleast on lower tier/quality items.
      Almost always true, but you get a lot of the runes, etc. in dungeon runs. I generally just use those after I get a few hundred .

A point to note is that you can turn 5 items of one tier into 1 item of the nest higher tier. This however is a really bad deal as you can generally sell lower level ones and then buy higher ones at a ratio closer to 3/1 or even better, I generally sell off all my T4 ones and then buy back T5 or T6 items.
      Learn something new every day.
    • I believe that the result of

[(market price of 4.1) - (market price of 4.0)]

will almost always be less than the result of

[(market price of adept rune) * (# of runes required to enchant)].

So it is more money efficient to sell the runes and sell your old 4.0 to get the 4.1 you want. You will end up with more money than if you use your own runes to enchant the 4.0.