Demon Boot nerf is too harsh, should be incremental Nerf (at least on test).

• Demon Boot nerf is too harsh, should be incremental Nerf (at least on test).

The 1 minute cool down is a bit harsh. I believe it will kill the item just like Graveguard Boots/Scholar Sandals got killed.

Can the Devs allow us to test 40-45 seconds on Test Center? That way the item is working more towards balance and not hard nerfed so it is useless?

Another proposition is making the item gain stacks at lesser HP, possibly even half so that they are more skill based. Currently you get 8 stacks at 1.4 bars (not 1.5 bars, it is slightly less than a half a bar.). Perhaps gaining 8 stacks at 7/10 of 1 hp bar, which is half of the current 8 stacks?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Parallel ().

• I feel like every change is a do or die, and not a balance. Its just NERF NERF NERF.
      Graveguard boots, Murdered.
      Scholar sandals, cut by a 3rd
      Dagger life steal on mobs by 50%
      Demon Boots double the cd

I feel like the balancing in Albion is just smashing everything with a Nerf Laser. Buff stuff that isn't used as much, bring it into the meta, instead of killing things people are enjoying using.
    • the reason that its being nerfed is because people in 2v2 hellgates are using them to rat and do builds that make it so the other team cant leave without killing them when they get nearly unlimited tries to kill the that other team with a cheesy clap builds. using demon boots in those comps is basically a free reset on a 30 sec cd. this change will make 2v2 hellgates much better for the people that actually want to fight and not have to chase down rats with demon boots for 20 mins or having to chase down a clap comp that can will turn every 30 secs and try and burst you just to run away with demon boots if they fail and repeat until u mess up and die or u run out of resistance pots.
    • ThetaXeno wrote:

the reason that its being nerfed is because people in 2v2 hellgates are using them to rat and do builds that make it so the other team cant leave without killing them when they get nearly unlimited tries to kill the that other team with a cheesy clap builds. using demon boots in those comps is basically a free reset on a 30 sec cd. this change will make 2v2 hellgates much better for the people that actually want to fight and not have to chase down rats with demon boots for 20 mins or having to chase down a clap comp that can will turn every 30 secs and try and burst you just to run away with demon boots if they fail and repeat until u mess up and die or u run out of resistance pots.
      It is not the only reason. People do that in open world as well. Ever saw carving or bloodletter with undead cape and demon boots ?

Doubling CD is still harsh tho, 15 or 20 seconds could make it somewhat more alright.

Also, i dont like how sbi is nerfing things for one content, not seeing how it affects other kinds of content.

Look at the undead cape nerf that is done due to corrupted dungeons - but it will hurt solo gankers more than anything
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Mby keep CD as it is on live server but instade lower the bonus movment speed per stack. 10% per stack mby? Thanks to that it should lose viability for rat escape on low HP but will be more kinda "all in" boots.. You popout it just to hope finish oponent faster than he finish You ;) Instade of reset it will bring to situation in what somebody will die... You or Your oponent, all in gambit ;)
      Right now demons boots give also 4% dmg bonus... so mby to not only a nerf a item let's lower the movment bonus (from 20% to 10% per stack) and give a little buff to dmg bonus (mby from 4% to 6% per stack?)