I had a friend delete a 500m crafting fame character on live because of the new system.

• I had a friend delete a 500m crafting fame character on live because of the new system.

I had a friend with 500m crafting fame just delete his character after logging on Test Center. I am guessing more people will do this. He was so horrified that all of the skills he worked up to 100 had turned to 83 that he was afraid of the massive time investment to get back to where he was in crafting.

Maybe you should not split up the crafting trees. I almost cried when I heard a 500m crafter got deleted. Go check it out, the characters name was "Filthy1".
    • It doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do, but do you think every player of Albion will understand the change like you and I?

Also, I had over 200m combat fame credits saved for this patch, those points are getting eaten pretty fast on Test just for a couple of weapons and respecing a few things back to 100. If you add it all up, 200m combat fame credits could be eaten pretty quickly just to please someone's OCD on the destiny board.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Your friend is an idiot. IIRC the node splits are even intended to keep the same IP as you had before so I would assume the same applies to quality/focus use.
      It's rude of you to call someone you don't know idiot. The guy took a stance and reacted/overreacted to the upcoming patch but i defenitely feel for him. I also think about quiting this game because literally my entire content is destroyed with the upcoming nerfs/mount changes and so on... And I'm not even a HG player.
      The game is about to take a very critical turn and whether for the good or not, this is gonna happen. Just hoping for the best.
    • fuckinhellman wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Your friend is an idiot. IIRC the node splits are even intended to keep the same IP as you had before so I would assume the same applies to quality/focus use.
      It's rude of you to call someone you don't know idiot. The guy took a stance and reacted/overreacted to the upcoming patch but i defenitely feel for him. I also think about quiting this game because literally my entire content is destroyed with the upcoming nerfs/mount changes and so on... And I'm not even a HG player.The game is about to take a very critical turn and whether for the good or not, this is gonna happen. Just hoping for the best.

Yeah, I agree. One of the main reasons he quit was he saw there would be a considerable time investment to get some of his 100 artifact crafting skills back to 100 which is how he calculated his profit margins. I am not an expert crafter, maybe I am missing something, but I think having 83 artifact instead of 100 artifact could mess with one's profits?
    • It's definitely not ideal. On one hand I feel like SBI could be a little magnanimous, and just allow people with completed skill trees to keep them. Even if technically they are being given extra fame.

On the other hand that is just handing people with completed skill trees extra fame just because. Which isn't super fair.

Deleting your character because of it is idiotic though. It's literally in testing. What if they change it?
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Parallel wrote:

fuckinhellman wrote:

It's rude of you to call someone you don't know idiot. The guy took a stance and reacted/overreacted to the upcoming patch but i defenitely feel for him. I also think about quiting this game because literally my entire content is destroyed with the upcoming nerfs/mount changes and so on... And I'm not even a HG player.The game is about to take a very critical turn and whether for the good or not, this is gonna happen. Just hoping for the best.
      Yeah, I agree. One of the main reasons he quit was he saw there would be a considerable time investment to get some of his 100 artifact crafting skills back to 100 which is how he calculated his profit margins. I am not an expert crafter, maybe I am missing something, but I think having 83 artifact instead of 100 artifact could mess with one's profits?
      It literally wont mess profits because you have MORE BRANCHES now that gives you cost reduction. It literally IMPROVES crafting even if the number is lower.
      Also, sorry but he is absolutely an idiot for reacting at something on the TEST SERVER. TEST SERVER IS NOT ABSOLUTE AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS A REFERENCE FOR ACTION BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE QUICKLY.
    • Gabumon wrote:

Parallel wrote:

fuckinhellman wrote:

It literally wont mess profits because you have MORE BRANCHES now that gives you cost reduction. It literally IMPROVES crafting even if the number is lower.Also, sorry but he is absolutely an idiot for reacting at something on the TEST SERVER. TEST SERVER IS NOT ABSOLUTE AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS A REFERENCE FOR ACTION BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE QUICKLY.

I have to be honest, I don't understand what you are saying. So if you have 100 artifact crafting and you now have 83, you are going to somehow make more money? What am I missing here because that is not logical at all.
    • Parallel wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

Parallel wrote:

fuckinhellman wrote:

It literally wont mess profits because you have MORE BRANCHES now that gives you cost reduction. It literally IMPROVES crafting even if the number is lower.Also, sorry but he is absolutely an idiot for reacting at something on the TEST SERVER. TEST SERVER IS NOT ABSOLUTE AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS A REFERENCE FOR ACTION BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE QUICKLY.
      I have to be honest, I don't understand what you are saying. So if you have 100 artifact crafting and you now have 83, you are going to somehow make more money? What am I missing here because that is not logical at all.
      So he's going to have 100 spec in artifacts which gives him X bonus to crafting artifacts and Y bonus to everything. When the change hits, he'll have like 83 spec so X will be lower but Y from additional nodes will make up for it. As he crafts his way back to 100 the X will reach the same level but there will be more Ys so the ceiling is higher.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Parallel wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

Parallel wrote:

fuckinhellman wrote:

So he's going to have 100 spec in artifacts which gives him X bonus to crafting artifacts and Y bonus to everything. When the change hits, he'll have like 83 spec so X will be lower but Y from additional nodes will make up for it. As he crafts his way back to 100 the X will reach the same level but there will be more Ys so the ceiling is higher.

If I played for 2 years and did not PvP like Filhty1 and maxed all of my crafting lines only to figure out I had to max way more crafting lines and maybe I would have a slight margin of benefit that would not counter the nerf on books/laborers then I would have deleted my character as well. More grinding, less profit overall especially when you factor in the changes to books. Artifact crafting will yield the same fame into a book as non artifact is what I read. I am not a hardcore crafter and the math is plain as day to me. Crafters are getting hit pretty hard in this patch. My hypothesis is there will also be an influx of higher tier materials that will lower the price of current stock that people have, meaning they will have less savings as well and things they already crafted will drop even further in price.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Parallel ().

• Parallel wrote:

Parallel wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

Parallel wrote:

fuckinhellman wrote:

If I played for 2 years and maxed all of my crafting lines only to figure out I had to max way more crafting lines and maybe I would have a slight margin of benefit that would not counter the nerf on books/laborers then I would have deleted my character as well. More grinding, less profit overall especially when you factor in the changes to books. I am not a hardcore crafter and the math is plain as day to me.
      What on earth are you talking about? What nerf to laborers?
      Before, your focus cost efficiency bonus was 30*100*5+250*100 = 40000 for a 400/400 crafter.
      Now, to craft an artifact, you'll have 250*83+30*4*100+15*4*83 = 37330 focus cost reduction.
      So yes, there is a small nerf, to the tune of about 15%. The devs are looking into possibly adding more fame to the combat lines to ensure no one loses IP, and I assume they would do the same for crafting. So your friend wiped out all his work on the off chance that SBI might nerf him by 15%.
    • Doubt there will be more people deleting there characters but 83/100 is trash for crafting. I don’t get crafting fame credits for my overflow. Also it’s not about focus or quality it’s about a completed node which costs 100s of millions for artifact to complete being reset to 83/100. Complete an artifact weapon or arti gear tree and let me know what you think about this change.
    • Cronder wrote:

Doubt there will be more people deleting there characters but 83/100 is trash for crafting. I don’t get crafting fame credits for my overflow. Also it’s not about focus or quality it’s about a completed node which costs 100s of millions for artifact to complete being reset to 83/100. Complete an artifact weapon or arti gear tree and let me know what you think about this change.

I completely agree with you. It was hard for me to put in words but I think you expressed it well. I think the crafting trees should remain 100 except the new weapons. That was how I visualized a fair system before seeing it on test.

The internal argument with my friend deleting his character was that he had a large project coming up and had just met a girl, he was afraid that the time commitment would be so exorbitant that he would miss out on real life. It's a respectable decision and I did not vocalize the personal complications that compounded his decision in my original post.