Ridiculous Gold limit

• Ridiculous Gold limit

I'm a new player so I decided I'd buy some gold to sell so I could upgrade my equipment. Well come to find out that you lose items on death in PvP, I bought more gold to sell so I could buy my gear back not knowing there is a limit. I googled the limit and it said it raises to 2500 after you spend $30... So what do I do? Spend $30 to sell more gold and still at a 500 limit.. So is this some sort of scam this group is doing to get people to spend money or what? Very unhappy and unsatisfied with the false advertisement and gold limit. Now I have to either do gathering on a naked character for 24 hours or just wait. Just be nice to play after spending $40 on a game with false advertisement.
    • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

I think that 500 limit only applies to accounts without premium or is some sort of restriction on new accounts.

All I know is that you can swipe your CC as much as you want to buy gold from SBI and then sell it via the in game gold/silver market to buy gear for yourself. There's tons of whales in the game that already do that.
      Yeah I accidently joined a clan when I started and instantly left if thats what you mean by CC. Like I said though I am new, I literally know nothing about the game other than killing and gathering right now.. Definitely cant enjoy the game with an empty account that only has gold though. These developers sure know how to make it hard for newcomers.
    • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

I moved this thread to General Discussions.

@MrLungs, welcome to the forums.

As what @Fred_the_Barbarian and @Gabumon said, the support staff can review your account and verify your Gold-limit. Just monitor the status of your request since the tickets are answered in the order they're received.
      I've come to the realization that the support team is pretty worthless at this point. I typically have patience on these types of situations, but their false advertisements to get my money is frustrating right now. Very unsatisfied with the way this game is turning out so far.
    • No false advertising - the details clearly state what the terms are.

If you chose not to read the details that are clearly available, that isn't on support, it is on you. Sorry to be blunt but there you are.

albiononline.com/gold-limits

As with anything account related contact support if in doubt or need help.

I hope your time in Albion is more satisfying from here on in.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • MrLungs wrote:

I've come to the realization that the support team is pretty worthless at this point. I typically have patience on these types of situations, but their false advertisements to get my money is frustrating right now. Very unsatisfied with the way this game is turning out so far.
      I'd also just like to add that the Support staff have different queues for different kinds requests.So just continue to monitor the status of your request.
    • MrLungs wrote:

What is worthless is your opinion on the matter and I dare say your money. You clearly have no patience at all since waiting one day frustrates you and it's enough to make you "very unhappy". And you never bothered to read thoroughly the gold limit page.

Do you even know what false advertisement and a scam are? You should educate yourself instead of using words randomly
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apotosariel ().

• CDEEKS wrote:

OHHH i love a good i paid to win and lossed story do tell me more lol.
      I'm sure you love any story that has to do with money since you can't make your own and have a hard time convincing your mother to buy you things.

@Apotosariel To me, worthless is having a company tell you to "Contact support for help" for you to sit around waiting days to get your problems solved. There needs to be a more simpler way. I've played PRIVATE SERVERS of games that had their stuff together way more than these people. All I can say is don't run a game until you know how to java script.

@Barathorn If there is one thing I can assure you of, I wouldn't have wasted a penny on the game if it would have warned me about a gold selling limit as I was buying gold.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MrLungs ().

• MrLungs wrote:

I'm a new player so I decided I'd buy some gold to sell so I could upgrade my equipment. Well come to find out that you lose items on death in PvP, I bought more gold to sell so I could buy my gear back not knowing there is a limit. I googled the limit and it said it raises to 2500 after you spend $30... So what do I do? Spend $30 to sell more gold and still at a 500 limit.. So is this some sort of scam this group is doing to get people to spend money or what? Very unhappy and unsatisfied with the false advertisement and gold limit. Now I have to either do gathering on a naked character for 24 hours or just wait. Just be nice to play after spending $40 on a game with false advertisement.
      “Come to find out you lose items in PvP” - did you even read anything about the game before playing it? Lol. Let’s go big spender $$$$
    • DildoSwaggings wrote:

MrLungs wrote:

“Come to find out you lose items in PvP” - did you even read anything about the game before playing it? Lol. Let’s go big spenI

DildoSwaggings wrote:

MrLungs wrote:

“Come to find out you lose items in PvP” - did you even read anything about the game before playing it? Lol. Let’s go big spe
      You must be a special kind of simple. I died multiple times to people killing me and it made me wait 3 minutes. Well apparently you this isn't the case when you go a couple more maps out. Like I said, I'm new. I don't sit there and read every single little detail of the game. I am trying to play and learn as I go along. Thank you though for the ignorance.
    • MrLungs wrote:

@Barathorn If there is one thing I can assure you of, I wouldn't have wasted a penny on the game if it would have warned me about a gold selling limit as I was buying gold.
      Yeah I can see your point and understand you are upset, however the information is there for all to see, and the reason the limit is in place is a very good one.

Is this a case of you being angry about the gold selling limit, or angry that you lost your gear. Quite different issues.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • MrLungs wrote:

Evas_Flarelight wrote:

I moved this thread to General Discussions.

@MrLungs, welcome to the forums.

As what @Fred_the_Barbarian and @Gabumon said, the support staff can review your account and verify your Gold-limit. Just monitor the status of your request since the tickets are answered in the order they're received.

I'm also a brand new player and went through the same thing you did, except..

I opened up both of my accounts (main and alt, seperate accounts) - communicated to them on BOTH accounts - and within 36hrs on both accounts my gold limit was removed. They weren't automated replies, everyone was super nice to me and responded to my little jokes about opening multiple tickets and making them work (I did chat/email support for many years, appreciate you guys!).

Two very different ways the same situation can go and I think they speak for themselves.
    • Barathorn wrote:

MrLungs wrote:

Yeah I can see your point and understand you are upset, however the information is there for all to see, and the reason the limit is in place is a very good one.
      Is this a case of you being angry about the gold selling limit, or angry that you lost your gear. Quite different issues.
      The case is that I had donated for silver to get upgraded gear, I go out and lose it, buy more gold to remove limit so I don't have to wait 24 hours to buy my gear back. Just a solid waste of time and money cause I never got my gear back (until this morning) and we are going on 40 hours now with no response from the support team.
    • So, you buy gold and then complain about the daily limit because you don’t bother to read.

Then you go out into a pvp zone and lose your gear because you don’t bother to read.

Got it. Very clear where the problem lies. Learn to read.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter