Destiny Board Progress - Artefact Armor Specialization Split

• @Retroman

88 Artifact Boots to 100 after the split is going to cost 1,320,081 Fame Credits
      x5 nodes (Rune, Soul, Relic, Royal, Ava) = 6,600,405 Fame Credits
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 19,801,215 Fame Credits

88 Artifact Helms to 100 after the split is going to cost 1,320,081 Fame Credits

88 Artifact Chest to 100 after the split is going to cost 2,640,163 Fame Credits
      x5 nodes (Rune, Soul, Relic, Royal, Ava) = 13,200,815 Fame Credits
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 39,602,445 Fame Credits

19,801,215 + 19,801,215 + 39,602,445 = 79,204,875 Fame Credits
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      If only Avalonian Armor was at zero (0) just like Avalonian Weapons since it's new and fresh

0 Avalonian Boots to 100 after the split is going to cost 4,231,544 Fame Credits.
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 12,694,632 Fame Credits

0 Avalonian Helms to 100 after the split is going to cost 4,231,544 Fame Credits.

0 Avalonian Chests to 100 after the split is going to cost 8,463,089 Fame Credits.
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 25,389,267 Fame Credits

12,694,632 + 12,694,632 + 25,389,267 = 50,778,531 Fame Credits.

Royal Armor would be another 50,778,531 Fame Credits for a total of 101,557,062 Fame Credits being pulled out of thin air for the sole purpose of increasing the length of time it takes to max out.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      What about Royal Armor? It has been part of the Artifact Armor line for pretty much FOREVER. By splitting armor up the way you are now, you are stealing up to 50,778,531 Fame Credits from players who have already famed up to max out their armor lines to 400/400 pre split. 50,778,531 Fame Credits that Royal Armors would cost, that was already part of the existing Artifact Node. What you are doing now is saying that Royal Armor is brand new content and needs to be famed from zero on top of Avalonian Armor which released recently enough. Taking the existing fame and distributing it among 5 nodes instead of just the initial 3 nodes. You are adding in more fame requirements while taking away previous hard earned work.

In contrast, when it comes to the Avalonian weapons, you converted it to exactly a 1:1 fame credit ratio and did not take away anyone's hard work. You are making Avalonian weapons start at zero (0) so that everyone has a fair and equal start on the Fresh NEW Content. If you apply the same logic used on weapons to armor, yes you would be giving EVERYONE some Free Combat fame. But you would not be stealing away hard work earned from your veteran players who have been playing and supporting this game for years.

The most fair way to proceed with this split is to make Avalonian Armors start at zero along with weapons. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt on Royal Armors as it's been out too long to just swap out for a bigger carrot on the stick.
      ----------------
      The fame treadmill is already long enough.

253,892,685 Fame Credits worth of Avalonian Weapons are being added.
      1,103,880 Fame Credits worth of Avalonian Offhands are being added.

We don't need to have 101,557,062 Fame Credits worth of armor added on, undoing the hard work of veteran players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by A.Frosted.Wolf ().

• A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

@Retroman

88 Artifact Boots to 100 after the split is going to cost 1,320,081 Fame Credits

88 Artifact Helms to 100 after the split is going to cost 1,320,081 Fame Credits

88 Artifact Chest to 100 after the split is going to cost 2,640,163 Fame Credits
      x5 nodes (Rune, Soul, Relic, Royal, Ava) = 13,200,815 Fame Credits
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 39,602,445 Fame Credits

19,801,215 + 19,801,215 + 39,602,445 = 79,204,875 Fame Credits
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      If only Avalonian Armor was at zero (0) just like Avalonian Weapons since it's new and fresh

0 Avalonian Boots to 100 after the split is going to cost 4,231,544 Fame Credits.

0 Avalonian Helms to 100 after the split is going to cost 4,231,544 Fame Credits.

0 Avalonian Chests to 100 after the split is going to cost 8,463,089 Fame Credits.
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 25,389,267 Fame Credits

12,694,632 + 12,694,632 + 25,389,267 = 50,778,531 Fame Credits.

Royal Armor would be another 50,778,531 Fame Credits for a total of 101,557,062 Fame Credits being pulled out of thin air for the sole purpose of increasing the length of time it takes to max out.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      What about Royal Armor? It has been part of the Artifact Armor line for pretty much FOREVER. By splitting armor up the way you are now, you are stealing up to 50,778,531 Fame Credits from players who have already famed up to max out their armor lines to 400/400 pre split. 50,778,531 Fame Credits that Royal Armors would cost, that was already part of the existing Artifact Node. What you are doing now is saying that Royal Armor is brand new content and needs to be famed from zero on top of Avalonian Armor which released recently enough. Taking the existing fame and distributing it among 5 nodes instead of just the initial 3 nodes. You are adding in more fame requirements while taking away previous hard earned work.

In contrast, when it comes to the Avalonian weapons, you converted it to exactly a 1:1 fame credit ratio and did not take away anyone's hard work. You are making Avalonian weapons start at zero (0) so that everyone has a fair and equal start on the Fresh NEW Content. If you apply the same logic used on weapons to armor, yes you would be giving EVERYONE some Free Combat fame. But you would not be stealing away hard work earned from your veteran players who have been playing and supporting this game for years.

The most fair way to proceed with this split is to make Avalonian Armors start at zero along with weapons. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt on Royal Armors as it's been out too long to just swap out for a bigger carrot on the stick.
      ----------------
      The fame treadmill is already long enough.

253,892,685 Fame Credits worth of Avalonian Weapons are being added.
      1,103,880 Fame Credits worth of Avalonian Offhands are being added.

We don't need to have 101,557,062 Fame Credits worth of armor added on, undoing the hard work of veteran players.

He is right, I saved 250m combat fame credits for this update and I feel like most of it is going into thin air. I’m glad you did the math to show me it’s not just a feeling.
    • Would it not be simpler to just split the artifacts out and give everyone the fame as credits so they can put them into whatever artifact they actually want to use?
      Leave all armors and what not at the levels people have earned.

Personally i would invite the opportunity to not be full again, so i'd have some stuff to work on. being full 400 armors means im stuck building credits for just weapons, and avalonian weapons.

But a backwards feeling motion is always going to have a negative effect with the community.

I've been saving these credits for avalonian weapons, but basically i will be using them to get back to maximizing my IP on armor.
      cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…0679473995856/unknown.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by jaredxsimpson ().

• Midgard wrote:

jaredxsimpson wrote:

Would it not be simpler to just split the artifacts out and give everyone the fame as credits
      I dont know. Would it? Would they have to code this in and if so what sort of dev overhead is this? Stop assuming that every ad hoc solution is an easy code..

Midgard, I own successful businesses and have sold many successful businesses. Albion is a business and this business is experiencing windfall money during the COVID pandemic. Most online games are experiencing windfall money. Asking developers to spend time coding a better system does not go above and beyond their call of duty. Perhaps what he has suggested may cost time and money, but in a time of windfall money, customer retention is key. SBI needs to be catering towards both new players and players who supported them for years.

I see you post a lot on the forums, you should turn down your tone a bit. Tones like yours make people not want to post on the forums or have an opinion. When I read back in your posts, with no understanding of who you are, I identified you as someone who is probably a forum ganker. If you could please adapt your tone then maybe we could welcome more opinions and ideas onto the forum. More welcomed opinions = better game. Thank you in advance :)
    • Retroman wrote:

Before the update with Level 100 you had 2.2 * 100 = 220 IP Bonus from the artefact node
      Now after the update if all armors have level 88. you have 2.5 * 88 = 220 IP Bonus from the artefact nodes combined

This is how the calculation for the level of the new split looks like:
      New Nodes Level= Old Node Level * (2.2/2.5) (rounded up)
      Could you please clarify what you mean by "rounded up" in this case?
      For instance would level 99 pre patch yield the same result as level 100?
      87.12 = 99 *(2.2/2.5)
      88 = 100 *(2.2/2.5)

would 87.12 round up in this case or would it only round up if it's above 87.5?

Thanks
    • I can understand the split decision for armors (fame). Cause in the end even if it's fair or not, with the respect mechanism, everyone is in the same boat and you can alayws "patch up" SBi bad decision making.

But for the crafting ... Hell this is damn retarded. How many crafter in the game made only 1/3 of their fame for a weapon/armor only with T3 artifacts ? And it's not like there is a fucking "respec mechanism" for the craft. It at least had the good point of giving a use for some fucking trashy items that not even the black market wants ...
      Melaween