Upcoming QoL UI Changes Include Farming?

• Upcoming QoL UI Changes Include Farming?

Hello!

I would LOVE it if you guys would implement a "click and drag" option for farming. Instead of clicking each plot individually, causing the carpal tunnel syndrome, we could simply click on the top right plot and drag the cursor down to the bottom left plot and it would plant all 9 at once, assuming plenty of seeds of course.

I understand the current implementation might be a planned time sink to deter everyone from creating a hundred farms each. And believe me it is a time sink. As every night progresses more and more people have to leave group content to go tend to their farms until our group is no longer viable and splits up.

I used to love farming as something relaxing. But that soon got old to the point that Ive personally given up on farming as something I do not enjoy that takes me away from content I do enjoy. Because of that I am poor but get to do what I want with my time. A nice compromise would be nice.

Cheers
    • If you get carpal tunnel syndrome from farming (clicking literally 9 spots few times) what activities you enjoy at Albion that dont do that? PvP and PvE both are way more click intensive so they are out the window for you... so what are "content I do enjoy" that is less click intensive than farming? Only thing less click intensive would be watching your character at login screen....

It's incomprehensible for me when people make a topic about action with apn of 30 or less when the core gameplay of the game is 150 apn and then say farming is killing them. While at PvP suddenly their carpal tunnel syndrome gets cured but returns as soon as they enter their personal island...
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lohend ().

• PapaSmurf wrote:

Thank you for your input. But I think this forum is for the devs and mods to review not noobie shit posters.
      Then why did you post?

I think the devs should do whatever they can to push farming into an activity that players use as side business. Work your island, grow some crops, decorate, make it a home.

I would much rather see farming with decent profit margins and being a bit time consuming than fewer players with huge amounts of island filling the markets pushing the profits down and the margins very slim.

I think this suggestion would be a move in the wrong direction.

The post was edited 1 time, last by PieNapple ().

• I have to agree with the OP here: The Farming UI and UX could be improved. The mass planting is a good idea.
      I also would like the implementing of keyboard shortcuts for watering (once a plot is selected) and picking up produces.

Ex: Your farm has produced. You click on the 1/9 small plot and still have to go over the "Pick up" button.
      Why not implement the "Enter" key (or a new bindable) to pick it up? That would make things easier.
    • I think it would be an easy "fix"

1) Figure out the average time it takes a single player to harvest/plant their crops.
      2) double that time.
      3) make it possible to do all plots at once, using that doubled time.
      4) ??
      5) profit

for animals, add an option to pick up kids automagically so you don't have to click animal, click pickup, re-click animal, click pickup.
      This is the part i find most annoying.

Would also be nice for an "auto-nurture animals" and auto-nurture plants" toggle. again, make it take longer to balance it out.
    • MysticDream wrote:

I think it would be an easy "fix"

1) Figure out the average time it takes a single player to harvest/plant their crops.
      2) double that time.
      3) make it possible to do all plots at once, using that doubled time.
      4) ??
      5) profit

for animals, add an option to pick up kids automagically so you don't have to click animal, click pickup, re-click animal, click pickup.
      This is the part i find most annoying.

Would also be nice for an "auto-nurture animals" and auto-nurture plants" toggle. again, make it take longer to balance it out.

Perhaps you misunderstood my point... or are simply trolling, in which case, why not put a button "Win the game" under the "Login" button of the game? :D

It is fun, relaxing and part of the game to manage farms and even at time, individual plots (I call plots the 1 out of the 9 plots of a field - I don't kno the exact name). It is even required if you want to produce products in a specific ratio (if you want to cook or craft specific things).
      Farming (and the produces of it) is also a way to reward players for their dedication in maintaining their different plots.

However, QoL means it isn't as tedious a task since the UX and UI would better designed. Some players manage more then a single island and even go as far as renting other islands.

So while I am not for an all-automated-farming-system (there are other games for that), maintaining farms could be simpler. The players would still need to visit each 3x3 plots/fields but have an easier time at the click fest that is collecting, confirming the collection (and as MysticDream mentioned sometime having to double pickup produces), planting, and deciding to invest focus or not.