Combat Balance Changes

• Combat Balance Changes

Hey everyone, please use this thread to post feedback about the Balance Changes.

We will still reiterate on a few changes before they go live.

And I will also keep posting changes, we make in this thread.

Here are the first batch of changes:

• Daggers:
        • Bloodthirstyblade:
          • Lifesteal vs Mobs: 100% -> 50% -> 35%
          • Damage vs Mobs: 60 -> 30
      • Holy Staffs:
        • Holy Flash (all Holy Staffs)
          • Heal: 40 -> 34
      • Nature Staffs:
        • Circle of Life (one-handed Nature Staff)
          • 0 Stack Heal: 91 -> 107
          • 1 Stack Heal: 114 -> 133
          • 2 Stacks Heal: 148 -> 173
          • 3 Stacks Heal: 193 -> 227

• Well of Life (Wild Staff)
          • Max Targets: 5 -> 10

You can also use this thread to discuss the balance changes

Cheers,
      Retro
    • So the intention is to keep the Holy Flash ? I thought you are removing it. 40>30 that is 20% less. I think this is a bit too harsh, you recently nerfed it once. It is not that powerful plus you are adding healing sickness increase, I don't think rework to that extent is needed. People already see decrease in usage in HCEs because of the previous nerf, now this is going to make the 1h staff build pretty much useless..
    • While i thought the nerf on life steal was a little harsh, it was understandable since it was ridiculously easy to solo group dungeons.

But reducing the extra damage is a death sentence for the weapon in PvE, which i see no reason at all to be done.

Reduce the healing to 20% or even 10%, but reducing the damage is making the weapon completely not worth it anymore in PvE.
    • Retroman wrote:

Well of Life (Wild Staff)

Max Targets: 5 -> 10
      I'm assuming point of this is to make Wild Staff ZvZ viable since Holy is getting new ZvZ weapon with Avalon tree... Altho to expect ppl to stand in one area to receive heals to get some value of it is really scrappy and not that good in large scale fights (especially with the current melee meta where there's a lot of "kiting" and zergs relying to be more mobile)... Meanwhile there's Blight Staff in Nature tree that could use change to heal 10 ppl because the way E spell works makes much more sense to use it in large scale and above that it would bring that weapon back to life since it's super rarely used in any aspect of the game nowadays!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Altiahad ().

• You are literally making the 1hdagger useless now.

Reducing the damage by half reduces the lifesteal. Two nerfs in 1 change.

PVP wise, the 1h dagger is one of the worst weapons as people can just run away when your E is activated, so you basically kill yourself with the 4%/s dmg done.
      PVE wise (with the 100->35% lifesteal on the testserver) I wasn't able to solo dungeons and it felt like a useless pve weapon.
      Now it's reduced healing and damage.

It's logical that you shouldn't be able to solo group dungeons so I agree with nerfing it, but too far? (Also remember that people solo'd group dung t6-t8 using 8.3 everything + died a lot and paid 200k+ repair costs for each dungeon, so it wasn't as easy as people are making it seem.)

Edit: maybe it's not as bad as I envisioned it, will need to test to be able to judge. Idk how much the overall damage will decrease by cutting the additional magic damage by half, these numbers usually don't make much sense till you try them.
      Would be nice if you added these updates to the test server so we can actually try it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DeathMaestro ().

• Imo what made the daggers op was the cool down , you R E, use your refreshing sprint + assassin helm then instantly R E. So changing the cool down on the E skill would have been sufficient. Essentially a mob that used to take R E x2 to die, will be super hard to kill if not impossible as you will end up leashing it before you die, and instead of being able to kill 2-3 mobs with 1 combo you would have to do them 1 by 1 + you won't be able to do any of the final bosses.

1h daggers are rarely used for PVP so you don't have to worry about an extra few seconds CD.
    • Goofydot wrote:

No 15% changes to meta GvG weapons this close to level 9. Suspend influence of the NDA discord when they have conflict of interest. Currently practicing for level 9 GvGs with changes they intend to pressure you to make.

We all had a season to prepare on this patch. Lets keep things fair..
      Those balances will hit on next update, nothing will change for the incoming Level 9 gvg.
    • No is in changes, but please.

Arcane:
      • Make the third arcane Q scalable with cast speed and decrease the silence time.(similar to phermafrost)

The third Q is very bad, it has a very high CD it should be the same as the phermafrost, maybe with a little less damage due to silence or remove silence.
      Make him a mage, please, we don't always want to play a tank. Not to mention that to clean up group dungeons he is horrible, how are we going to level a locus?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gratinus ().

• Sinwut wrote:

the "vs mob nerf" is cool and all but honestly where is the 1h dagger vs Players nerf? if there isn't any upcoming balance changes for them 8/10 corrupted dungeons will have a dagger user.
      what?? Am I reading this right? you're asking for a damage vs player nerf? I think you've just started game and died to 1h dagger couple of times and you hate it or just a newbie overall.

1h dagger is one of the worst pvp weapons in the game that's why you never see it in dungeon dives/hellgates(apart from ratting). The only thing it's good for is ratting and soloing groups that's all.

In fact, the weapon needs more buff on PvP side now that all PvE skills have been robbed.
    • The new Avalonian Axe E (the 50% energy reduction for 8 sec) seems very underwhelming (and Im being conservative here) and does not seem to fit with the weapon line. Axe was always about DMG (direct or bleeds = over time) and now we are getting a 8 sec pretty useless debuff?

At least make it into an energy bleed (like "mana burn" in DOTA/LoL) or something...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

The new Avalonian Axe E (the 50% energy reduction for 8 sec) seems very underwhelming (and Im being conservative here) and does not seem to fit with the weapon line. Axe was always about DMG (direct or bleeds = over time) and now we are getting a 8 sec pretty useless debuff?

At least make it into an energy bleed (like "mana burn" in DOTA/LoL) or something...
      i can see a combo with royal armor and this axe in gvg to deplete healer energy quite fast.