Combat Balance Changes

• yiconomics wrote:

I'm terribly sorry to the Albion Online community for making these types of videos. I do want to clarify to SBI though that daggers aren't the most broken in group dungeons. Greataxe kills mobs faster. Greataxe + Healer can duo T8 dungeon maps with ease. I wish that the dagger damage wouldn't be nerfed. Almost every damage item in the game does more damage per second over the dagger E with this nerf. Look at Weepings doing 3K damage with their E in ZvZ, and that's AOE damage too. That's where the focus should be. Brimstone doing 3.2k damage. 1H Dagger can't do any of that in ZvZ, 1H dagger's only place in the game right now is PVE dungeons. Anywhere else in PVP it gets kited or interrupted.

Play these dungeons in the typical gear you would use, not just the t8.3 and see how it is. Plus not all items are ment for zvz or cgvg fights.
    • 1h dagger is not for zvz. Look at this bruh, wanting to be useful in zvz. But you see, the E is Single Target. Single target is not good for zvz unless its something like one shot crossbow.

1h dagger is incredibly strong if you cc soomeone down. And for dungeons ? Bruh u can do t8 group dungeons solo. That´s a big bruh
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• Borbarad wrote:

1h dagger is not for zvz. Look at this bruh, wanting to be useful in zvz. But you see, the E is Single Target. Single target is not good for zvz unless its something like one shot crossbow.

1h dagger is incredibly strong if you cc soomeone down. And for dungeons ? Bruh u can do t8 group dungeons solo. That´s a big bruh
      Sure, 1H dagger can solo t8 group static dungeons but it isn't really better fame or silver per hour compared to a optimized 5 man group doing HCE level 15 or even 8.0 or 8.1 random dungeon maps. I don't really see why it's an issue that it can be used for solo players who want to PvE without getting dove constantly in solo RDs
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• @Retroman
      When u gonna take a look at the large scale ZvZ's shape? Since disarray debuff and later changes its being overwhelmed by melee's meta, hellion jacket is way too overpowered. Just imagine swords with iron will popping hellion jacket healing back to 100% hp with focus fire stacked as hell making it more tanky than a tank. ZvZ is based on an one-way push (u engage once and then u just follow the engage by swarming enemies with melees, they are not able to heal out of this). I'm playing this game since Beta 1 and ZvZ wasnt in worse state yet. Its good that u're trying to remove clappers from the game, but stop doing so by nerfing every range (cloth) dps. God bless that u opted out of AoE escalation changes, but I guess the max dmg boost change gonna remain the same. Please consider coming back to the meta where u should rather watch if u're not stacking with ur friends than watching 15 tanks and melees chasing u to the death each ZvZ, its not fun anymore.

NERF HELLION JACKETS, make ranged Focus Fire scaling slower.
    • Haha it's so funny watching balance of things cause 2 years ago if you ran a bruiser in a zvz your ass was kicked. *Caught caught, syndic in Poe would kick me for wearing soldier chests cause he said the armor peice is dog shit and not good 70 nerfs later I think it was okay 100 cc and damage 30 sec cd haha
    • CaptainPando wrote:

yiconomics wrote:

I'm terribly sorry to the Albion Online community for making these types of videos. I do want to clarify to SBI though that daggers aren't the most broken in group dungeons. Greataxe kills mobs faster. Greataxe + Healer can duo T8 dungeon maps with ease. I wish that the dagger damage wouldn't be nerfed. Almost every damage item in the game does more damage per second over the dagger E with this nerf. Look at Weepings doing 3K damage with their E in ZvZ, and that's AOE damage too. That's where the focus should be. Brimstone doing 3.2k damage. 1H Dagger can't do any of that in ZvZ, 1H dagger's only place in the game right now is PVE dungeons. Anywhere else in PVP it gets kited or interrupted.

Play these dungeons in the typical gear you would use, not just the t8.3 and see how it is. Plus not all items are ment for zvz or cgvg fights.
      i took a 6 month break and came back, from the new q coming in play on daggers, the iframe on chain slash and massive buffs to 1h dagger I feel if you die in a 1v1 setting your just a really bad player haha insane sustain mobility out the ass move speed from the E alone. Way to much life leech for a WEP however if they do Nerf life leech in a PvP setting they need to give it something in return.
    • Chiefbrah wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

So less damage and less ability to apply that damage is a buff? I'd hate to see what you think is a nerf then.
      I guess reading isn't your strong suit.
      While they are nerfing the damage number, they're halving the time per tick which if you add up the new damage value they ends up being higher than the current values. You also get a total of 10 ticks in value vs the 6 ticks before
      I guess math isn't yours.
      25*10 = 250
      43.88*6 = 263.28

The true damage doesn't change either.
      1.2*10 = 12
      2*6 = 12
    • (Just registered to post this btw)

To the devs:

So you've now not only reduced the healing but ALSO the damage for daggers in PvE?

It's SINGLE TARGET. Cutting 90-95% of its DPS IN HALF AS WELL AS THE HEALING IN HALF seems like complete OVERKILL on overall dagger viability.

If you're completely dropping 1h dagger from being an S tier PvE weapon, give it a BOOST in PvP! One or the other PLEASE.

I found out quickly that 1HD, though appearing powerful on paper, is incredibly easy to soft and hard-counter / avoid in PvP through an insanely wide spectrum of skills and tactics in the game including just "walking away" when you get beyond the not-very-good bottom 30% of PvP players. It's already trash in ZvZ, trash in 5v5 HGs, only "viable" in 2v2 HG's if you have a support, and now it's going to be mediocre (from being nearly broken) in PvE.

What is the reasoning behind this? Just bc some dags are doing blue dungeons solo? It's better to do greens in black zone than to 1. face certain death trying to rat blues in BZ/RZ where if you get dove by a GROUP, you and your gucci gear are FINISHED. or 2. Actually waste time doing groups in YZ, where even at T6 the FPH is NOT EVEN CLOSE to doing greens solo in T7-T8 BZ. The false dilemma created by all these "Sensational" YT videos is getting to you devs.

I main dags and actually PLAY the game, while these devs clearly do not.

Again, what is the reasoning behind pretty much erasing so much of the already little remaining viability of 1h dagger??

The post was edited 3 times, last by MxKHD ().

• agonyclutch wrote:

CaptainPando wrote:

yiconomics wrote:

i took a 6 month break and came back, from the new q coming in play on daggers, the iframe on chain slash and massive buffs to 1h dagger I feel if you die in a 1v1 setting your just a really bad player haha insane sustain mobility out the ass move speed from the E alone. Way to much life leech for a WEP however if they do Nerf life leech in a PvP setting they need to give it something in return.
      You don't know anything about how it actually plays out . the 30% movement speed really doesn't help since if a target just tries to run at normal speed away, your "potential" DPS is cut by nearly 60-80% because the auto attack animation pushes u back then you have to catch up again to hit. that "movement speed out the ass" is ASS because you just "walk away" and the dagger starts hitting less than 1 time per second and has to cancel it or lose 24% of his HP AKA THE ENTIRE FIGHT. That's why it's only "threatening" to just one target when you have something to hold someone down. How good is a weapon that is only good in that specific setting? Chain slash is getting nerfed and the iframes on that are incredibly short and do not prevent debuffs while shadow edge is incredibly long and prevents debuffs and CC. Rethink what you just posted. It really sounds like you just "Tried it out" on some bad players / mobs.

This is why players with decent pvp experience understand this and you're just saying one of the most cliche myths about 1h dagger. Your asshole "you're bad if you ever lose w this lmao" attitude is out of touch with the reality of current pvp meta. 1h daggers die a lot in actual real PvP. Sure as a main I clap most of the casual pvp masses, but in experienced pvp, no veteran is actually bad enough to take an entire dagger E just standing still. You think it's so simple, but I think it's just you that's simple.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MxKHD ().

• Lol argument is only for 1v1 there bud. Animation is the way it is cause it would be super over powered leeching all your life back no issues. If you was a smart player you would just leech off a mob which good players are doing right now. And yes you get kited but what WEP is kiting you a bow I bet is the " we get kited so easy" no shit now kites every WEP that's what they do show me some average weps that just completely outrun a dagger player lol spears qstaff swords and bows. Well guess what axes know exactly how the dagger nerf feels since they been under used for some time now
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Chiefbrah wrote:

So less damage and less ability to apply that damage is a buff? I'd hate to see what you think is a nerf then.
      I guess reading isn't your strong suit.While they are nerfing the damage number, they're halving the time per tick which if you add up the new damage value they ends up being higher than the current values. You also get a total of 10 ticks in value vs the 6 ticks before
      I guess math isn't yours.25*10 = 250
      43.88*6 = 263.28

1.2*10 = 12
      2*6 = 12
      Yes but in actual ingame uses, you never get the full 6s duration either. You have to understand you're still dishing out more dmg per second than before the changes. you still get 6 more flat dmg per second and .4% more true damage. So while in the best case scenario your total dmg is slightly lower in 90%+ of use cases you'll do more total damage with the new ticks
    • Chiefbrah wrote:

Yes but in actual ingame uses, you never get the full 6s duration either. You have to understand you're still dishing out more dmg per second than before the changes. you still get 6 more flat dmg per second and .4% more true damage. So while in the best case scenario your total dmg is slightly lower in 90%+ of use cases you'll do more total damage with the new ticks
      That's a good point. Thank you.

Chiefbrah wrote:

I guess reading isn't your strong suit.While they are nerfing the damage number, they're halving the time per tick which if you add up the new damage value they ends up being higher than the current values. You also get a total of 10 ticks in value vs the 6 ticks before
      43.88*6 = 263.28

1.2*10 = 12
      2*6 = 12
      I'm gonna guess the intangible here is the control factor plus interval reduction, which translates to more damage output in more situations.

While true that today's skill has more potency on paper, it might not translate in practice. It requires the target to stand in the effect area for the entire duration.

They might actually be balancing around the idea that targets do not typically spend the entire duration in the area, in which case the proposed changes yields higher damage in more circumstances:

DurationOld DmgNew Dmg
      1s43.8850
      2s87.76100
      3s131.64150
      4s175.52200
      5s219.4250
      6s263.28250

Chiefbrah wrote:

43.88*6 = 263.28

1.2*10 = 12
      2*6 = 12
      Since when someone could actually hit the 6 ticks of this on a target tho? xD