Combat Balance Changes

• I think the damage changes to dagger are going to make it entirely useless. That may be your solution for the time being, but its only purpose was to do pve content - though unfairly. The change to healing left it viable for solo dungeons, but now I can't it being used for any content in the game. It'll likely be too inefficient to bother.
    • Revoluketion wrote:

I think the damage changes to dagger are going to make it entirely useless. That may be your solution for the time being, but its only purpose was to do pve content - though unfairly. The change to healing left it viable for solo dungeons, but now I can't it being used for any content in the game. It'll likely be too inefficient to bother.
      ITS NOT A PVE NERF, WHEN YOU CAN LIFE LEECH OFF MOBS DURING PVP AND FULL HEAL ITS OP OTHER WEPS CANT FULL REGEN ITS FUCKING FINE LMAO
    • agonyclutch wrote:

We all know the real reason people are bitching about the nerf cause you cant 6 man as easy in ava raid dungeons god forbid lol
      Lel, daggers is one of the worst weapons to do ava...can't hit like half the mobs most of the time

And besides, ava dungeons will get a fix and you won't be able to do them with 6 people...heck even 10 people will be hard, you won't be able to pull 1 mob anymore, you'll have to pull the entire room.
      Shikady - La Supremacia

The post was edited 1 time, last by Twissa ().

• Twissa wrote:

Reef wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Daggers:

Bloodthirstyblade:

Lifesteal vs Mobs: 100% -> 50% -> 35%

Damage vs Mobs: 60 -> 30
      1st change was cool - it prevent dagger to tank high dps and kill group mobs. But can be used in solo dungeons. 2nd change completly kill it like PVE weapon. No dps to mobs at all. Now solo dungeons are for GreatAxe again. Why dont you fix high dps from simple bow or aoe dps from greataxe?
      You can also do group dungeons with greataxe lol, 3 times faster than dagger but no nerf to those axes lol. ( I can solo t5 with 60, 70 spec on great axe and the other ones on 0, with 8.1 gear, and I can clear way faster than with dagger ). But I agree solo dugeon t8s with daggers was a bit...much. Sad about the overkill, rip daggers.
      And daggers can do 8.1 maps. That's the issue. T5 maps are a joke if you're totally overgeared.

pesadelo wrote:

I don´t get it , why this nerf ?

Revitalize (all Nature Staffs)
      • Added a 0.5s delay before the first tick
      • Damage now decreases the channel time stronger (Disruptionfactor: 5 -> 10)
      So basically the ability without some form of mitigation (reflect,buble on boots or cleric invul) is simply one hit and it completlly wreaks the heal now you nerf it even more?

What is your argument here? I dont get it .
      Prevent "absolute unfairness by healing" in corrupted dungeons most likely. The self healing of Revitalize is very strong if uninterrupted. But yeah, is a very harsh change wich screws over anything but Corrupted Dungeon Balance

Revoluketion wrote:

I think the damage changes to dagger are going to make it entirely useless. That may be your solution for the time being, but its only purpose was to do pve content - though unfairly. The change to healing left it viable for solo dungeons, but now I can't it being used for any content in the game. It'll likely be too inefficient to bother.
      Yeah, because I don't heal right now around 700-900 pet hit in HCE LvL 15 and getting a very low 350-450 healing would screw it for me in the right bosses. Yeah because the damage was so insanely high in Avalonian solo fights (in groups, at least) that almost no tank could keep the aggro. Yeah. Useless.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gabumon ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

The new Avalonian Axe E (the 50% energy reduction for 8 sec) seems very underwhelming (and Im being conservative here) and does not seem to fit with the weapon line. Axe was always about DMG (direct or bleeds = over time) and now we are getting a 8 sec pretty useless debuff?

At least make it into an energy bleed (like "mana burn" in DOTA/LoL) or something...
      It's basically an incubus mace for their energy. If I have 200 energy and get hit by this, my spell that costs 10 energy now consumes 10% of my energy rather than 5%.
      Oh I perfectly understand how he mechanic works...

what Im ssaying is that this mechanic will be pretty useless.

1) ZvZ - useless (nobody ever really runs out of mana in ZvZ and 8 sec is nothing in a huge fight, people either die in seconds, or the fight lasts for 30mn - 1hr +)
      2) Solo PVP (solo RDG or Corrupted dungeons) - also seems pretty useless as most solo fights last about 20-30 sec, and doubling your mana usage for a mere 8sec is not going to run someone out of mana in that small amount of time, plus they can just run away, not use a specific spell (not sure why would they), or at best (this is a very large stretch of imagination) - pop a defensive and just not any other skills (again, I dont know why would they).
      The amount of times I ran out of mana in solo fights... is like 1% if not less
      3) 2v2 HG - now this is where I had run out of mana in like 30-40% of scenarios (but I use Axe myself), so I know that mana management is a big deal there. Especially when trying to break healers in a 1 Healer + 1 DPS fight. So the new Avalonian Axe appears to be geared toward 2v2 HG (where Axe usage is pretty limited already as is)... so I dont know. Appears to be too niche.
      4) 5v5 PVP content. I dont know that 8 sec will really do anything. I dont see too many "healer stalemate" fights in 5v5 content. Someone usually gets outplayed and the whole team (half the team) wipes. This could see some very limited use by this Axe, but then again - I feel that there are much better items (like outright healing reduction) out there.

Just from the way combat works (as described above in situations 1-4) this new weapon seems to be vey very niche with the way the mana/energy (and lack thereof) works in this game.
      • Misc: AoE Escalation: 10% -> 7% -> 10%
      • Arcane Staffs:
        • Void (Malevolent Locus)
          • Channel Duration: 6s -> 5s
          • Area Starting Radius: 3m -> 2m
          • Area End Radius: 10m -> 8m
      • Cursed Staff:
        • Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull)
          • After selecting the cast position, the move direction can now be selected independently
          • Area Duration: 6s -> 5s
          • Area Move Distance 5m -> 15m
          • Area Move Speed: 0.83 m/s -> 2.26 m/s
          • Cast Time: 0.8s -> 0.4s
          • Tick Interval: every 1s -> every 0.5s
          • Damage per tick: 43.88 -> 25.00
          • Addional damage vs players per tick: 2% of max health -> 1.2% of max health
          • Multiple areas can now be stacked again

• Ruminus wrote:

From testing the corrupted Dungeons for a few hours now and with how things are on the live servers I belive that swords deserve a nerf on their passive, mainly the movespeed. It just boggles my mind how it this hasn't seen any changes in the last year (?) yet. combined with the Taproot (which should also get a nerf) its just extremly strong, not just because of the movespeed from the passive but also because it imo has the most versatile W from any weapon line: Interrupt with bonus dmg on AA / unpurgable with extra move speed / long lasting slow / root with high dmg / parry.

Taproot: I would leave the max Health bonus as it is but reduce the Health Regen., no need to kill this item but imo the extra health is just way too good to pass on compared what you can get from other off-hands.
      the most versatile w he says lmao. only 2 of which are usuable in any capacity. Swords dont need a nerf they need a buff and a rework in design.

also no amount of buffs to nature will make it a viable healing staff over holy, you either commit to the HOT aspect of the weapon, remove the damage option and give nature more ways to juggle more stacks.If i see a wild staff in my zvz comp they getting flamed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by moking ().

• I'm terribly sorry to the Albion Online community for making these types of videos. I do want to clarify to SBI though that daggers aren't the most broken in group dungeons. Greataxe kills mobs faster. Greataxe + Healer can duo T8 dungeon maps with ease. I wish that the dagger damage wouldn't be nerfed. Almost every damage item in the game does more damage per second over the dagger E with this nerf. Look at Weepings doing 3K damage with their E in ZvZ, and that's AOE damage too. That's where the focus should be. Brimstone doing 3.2k damage. 1H Dagger can't do any of that in ZvZ, 1H dagger's only place in the game right now is PVE dungeons. Anywhere else in PVP it gets kited or interrupted.

Youtube Tametheark
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

So less damage and less ability to apply that damage is a buff? I'd hate to see what you think is a nerf then.
      I guess reading isn't your strong suit.

While they are nerfing the damage number, they're halving the time per tick which if you add up the new damage value they ends up being higher than the current values. You also get a total of 10 ticks in value vs the 6 ticks before
    • Retroman wrote:

• Misc: AoE Escalation: 10% -> 7% -> 10%
      • Arcane Staffs:
        • Void (Malevolent Locus)
          • Channel Duration: 6s -> 5s
          • Area Starting Radius: 3m -> 2m
          • Area End Radius: 10m -> 8m
      • Cursed Staff:
        • Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull)
          • After selecting the cast position, the move direction can now be selected independently
          • Area Duration: 6s -> 5s
          • Area Move Distance 5m -> 15m
          • Area Move Speed: 0.83 m/s -> 2.26 m/s
          • Cast Time: 0.8s -> 0.4s
          • Tick Interval: every 1s -> every 0.5s
          • Damage per tick: 43.88 -> 25.00
          • Addional damage vs players per tick: 2% of max health -> 1.2% of max health
          • Multiple areas can now be stacked again

@Retroman
      Could you guys give the Glacial Staff the same treatment as the Cursed Skull? Give it more range, and allow the move direction to be casted independently, and make the move speed match the cursed skull, could have some cool synergies with this.