Combat Balance Changes

• Captainrussia wrote:

The new Avalonian Axe E (the 50% energy reduction for 8 sec) seems very underwhelming (and Im being conservative here) and does not seem to fit with the weapon line. Axe was always about DMG (direct or bleeds = over time) and now we are getting a 8 sec pretty useless debuff?

At least make it into an energy bleed (like "mana burn" in DOTA/LoL) or something...
      It's basically an incubus mace for their energy. If I have 200 energy and get hit by this, my spell that costs 10 energy now consumes 10% of my energy rather than 5%.
    • Without real tests yet, I can say the two combined changes to Wild Staff E (Heal increase and target increase) will make it a prime zvz weapon and outshine Rampant. Since its not conditional, and in my tests, it heals more than even a 10 person rampant, may be way too much. I love wild staff (my fav weapon in the game) but I think it need a "condition" to heal that much. Like, charges active on the people or something. If not, it heals for way too much (240 in 8.1 max specs, 7 times)
    • I am a holy healer main so this is biased but I don't agree with the change of moving smite from W to Q. You have to choose between healing or damage? Why completely remove holy healers from the 1v1 meta? i understand the healing spam was broken but don't you think the Self Healing Sickness increase to 40% is enough of a nerf?

I run 2 man group dungeons and smite the mobs down and heal when needed this will make holy healing very boring for me as all i'll be able to do is heal.

there must be another way and I'm surprised no other holy healer has spoken up about this. I'm going to have to resort to playing a tank or which to dps which is something i do not want to do.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sinwut ().

• From testing the corrupted Dungeons for a few hours now and with how things are on the live servers I belive that swords deserve a nerf on their passive, mainly the movespeed. It just boggles my mind how it this hasn't seen any changes in the last year (?) yet. combined with the Taproot (which should also get a nerf) its just extremly strong, not just because of the movespeed from the passive but also because it imo has the most versatile W from any weapon line: Interrupt with bonus dmg on AA / unpurgable with extra move speed / long lasting slow / root with high dmg / parry.

Taproot: I would leave the max Health bonus as it is but reduce the Health Regen., no need to kill this item but imo the extra health is just way too good to pass on compared what you can get from other off-hands.
    • Sinwut wrote:

I am a holy healer main so this is biased but I don't agree with the change of moving smite from W to Q. You have to choose between healing or damage? Why completely remove holy healers from the 1v1 meta? i understand the healing spam was broken but don't you think the Self Healing Sickness increase to 40% is enough of a nerf?

I run 2 man group dungeons and smite the mobs down and heal when needed this will make holy healing very boring for me as all i'll be able to do is heal.

there must be another way and I'm surprised no other holy healer has spoken up about this. I'm going to have to resort to playing a tank or which to dps which is something i do not want to do.
      They are doing to balance 1v1 dungeons and bring it on par with nature in ability to heal while doing dmg. I actually think holy could put together a decent dps spec now with smite, sacred pulse, and the new 14m leap holy staff
    • Gabumon wrote:

Without real tests yet, I can say the two combined changes to Wild Staff E (Heal increase and target increase) will make it a prime zvz weapon and outshine Rampant. Since its not conditional, and in my tests, it heals more than even a 10 person rampant, may be way too much. I love wild staff (my fav weapon in the game) but I think it need a "condition" to heal that much. Like, charges active on the people or something. If not, it heals for way too much (240 in 8.1 max specs, 7 times)
      Wild Staff gonna be bad, like i hope you really don't expect ppl to stay in circle for 7 seconds to get max value out of weapon, Rampant AoE is still good in castles and if you play chokes and it will always have a spot in zerg regardless... meanwhile if they changed Blight Staff to 10 ppl they'd actually make viable ZvZ healing weapon that fits well into heavy melee large scale meta that we have atm!
    • Lockemup wrote:

Sinwut wrote:

I am a holy healer main so this is biased but I don't agree with the change of moving smite from W to Q. You have to choose between healing or damage? Why completely remove holy healers from the 1v1 meta? i understand the healing spam was broken but don't you think the Self Healing Sickness increase to 40% is enough of a nerf?

They are doing to balance 1v1 dungeons and bring it on par with nature in ability to heal while doing dmg. I actually think holy could put together a decent dps spec now with smite, sacred pulse, and the new 14m leap holy staff
      nature is 10 times more op then holy I'm sorry. and i spent hours on the test server trying to make a viable build that doesn't exist

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sinwut ().

• Altiahad wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

Without real tests yet, I can say the two combined changes to Wild Staff E (Heal increase and target increase) will make it a prime zvz weapon and outshine Rampant. Since its not conditional, and in my tests, it heals more than even a 10 person rampant, may be way too much. I love wild staff (my fav weapon in the game) but I think it need a "condition" to heal that much. Like, charges active on the people or something. If not, it heals for way too much (240 in 8.1 max specs, 7 times)
      Wild Staff gonna be bad, like i hope you really don't expect ppl to stay in circle for 7 seconds to get max value out of weapon, Rampant AoE is still good in castles and if you play chokes and it will always have a spot in zerg regardless... meanwhile if they changed Blight Staff to 10 ppl they'd actually make viable ZvZ healing weapon that fits well into heavy melee large scale meta that we have atm!
      Yeah because 260 healing ticks are "bad" in PvP. You just pop it on claps/judis and let people cross it to get healthy. If you stand there the same time you gonna spend waiting for a Fallen Staff, you're still getting almost 3 ticks.
    • Retroman wrote:

Hey everyone, please use this thread to post feedback about the Balance Changes.

We will still reiterate on a few changes before they go live.

And I will also keep posting changes, we make in this thread.

Here are the first batch of changes:

• Daggers:
        • Bloodthirstyblade:
          • Lifesteal vs Mobs: 100% -> 50% -> 35%
          • Damage vs Mobs: 60 -> 30
      • Holy Staffs:
        • Holy Flash (all Holy Staffs)
          • Heal: 40 -> 34
      • Nature Staffs:
        • Circle of Life (one-handed Nature Staff)
          • 0 Stack Heal: 91 -> 107
          • 1 Stack Heal: 114 -> 133
          • 2 Stacks Heal: 148 -> 173
          • 3 Stacks Heal: 193 -> 227

• Well of Life (Wild Staff)
        • Max Targets: 5 -> 10

You can also use this thread to discuss the balance changes

Cheers,
      Retro

Retroman wrote:

Next Changes:

Holy Flash:
      Changed Holy Flash visual feedback to make it not clutter the screen too much in bigger fights
      • Removed the Indication Area
      • Instead there is now a smaller visual effect at cast start to indicate the target area
      Fatal Blade (Blackmonk Staff)
      • Cooldown 1200 IP: 18s -> 22s
      • Cooldown 1700 IP: 16s -> 20s

Retroman, As an experienced healer in 2v2s, I think you over nerfed healer comps too hard with not allowing us to switch gear, to make up for it ATLEAST allow us to swap to potions
    • Holy healing is completely nerfed because of your patch. I made an entire post about the holy tree. Please see my comments.

Mainly I argue that, after the new changes:

1) Healing is boring AF / not rewarding
      2) Needs Smite changed back to W (alongside other nerfs for a W-smite)
      3) We need more holy spells. Especially spells that stack a healing buff.

Please see post.

Every holy healer I have spoken to literally hates the new changes and has been running druid staff for artifact fame in prep for the new patch.

MAKE HOLY,
      HOLY AGAIN!

MHHA (lol help)
    • Zanzig wrote:

Holy healing is completely nerfed because of your patch. I made an entire post about the holy tree. Please see my comments.

Mainly I argue that, after the new changes:

1) Healing is boring AF / not rewarding
      2) Needs Smite changed back to W (alongside other nerfs for a W-smite)
      3) We need more holy spells. Especially spells that stack a healing buff.

Please see post.

Every holy healer I have spoken to literally hates the new changes and has been running druid staff for artifact fame in prep for the new patch.

MAKE HOLY,
      HOLY AGAIN!

MHHA (lol help)
      I agree that holy was over nerfed hard (especially for 2v2s)
    • pretty awesome changes to Wild staff, would make it usable in ZVZ
      but also - when is the Q's range getting a buff? wtf is 9m range? i feel like i'm in a tank's position with this range :(
      also druidic staff now feels kinda underpowered as it heals the same amount of nature with 3 stacks (maybe even less now), single target, 7s higher CD and 3s delay on cast.