Artefact from 400 to 83 ...

• Honestly, a free pre-update respec is the only sensible answer that will satisfy everyone (or at least piss off the fewest players with the least amount of piss-off per player)

This way, time spent gaining fame points is not lost. Yes you will have to choose which artifacts you want to bring back to 100 and which you want to grind back, but this at least puts the choice in the player's hands.

Ensuring that the IP of players equipment does not change can only mean either you are making 100 spec even more powerful or anything gained above the new distributed spec is valueless. Neither of those situations seems right.

What about the player who only cared about 1 artifact being 100 spec and never used or planned to use the other artifacts. This is my situation.

No you should not give free fame so that people can keep 100 spec in all artifacts, that's free fame and it punishes the players who haven't gotten there yet.

No you shouldn't distribute everything evenly between the new artifacts because that punishes the players who did grind artifact spec to 100.

Other than those two choices, you are left with the free pre-update respec. Yes one artifact will have to be grinded again, but at least it's only one, and the players get to choose which one that will be and it really doesn't penalize nor award anyone fame and spec in 2 of 3, or 3 of 4 artifacts.

Thank you for reading.

The post was edited 2 times, last by WetWilly ().

• @Retroman
      As People have stated as well as my self, The Best Options is to refund every one their Fame Credits for free. Make all the Nodes start back at 1/100.

People on here keep saying we are complaining for x y and z.

We are not upset about IP, or the Look of having 100/100. This is about the lost of resources. What People Fail to Understand is the Fame Credits are a Resource. And SBI is making us regrind back up to 100/100 to be able to get Fame Credits in mass.

When you are 100/100 Mastery and Spec on all your gear you get 1.6 Fame credits to each Fame Earned, which means, yes at a huge silver cost, you can mass alot of fame credits.

Lets use an example.

Say I want to Farm food. So I buy an island and buildings some farms, get some seeds. That cost me a resource, which is silver. That is fine, but it takes time for me to earn back my investment. So say someday SBI decides that islands now go to Level 6, but in order to have 5 farms you need to be level 6. So I have to pay to upgrade island and place new farm plot. It would take be time to earn back that investment.

The same logic apply here for the break out of the Armor nodes. I can Pay the 30m plus fame credits to just be back at 100 spec so i can start to earn 1.6 fame credits per fame again. But that would take me time to earn that investment back. Or I can grind way AGAIN to re-level these nodes back to full Spec.

The issue here is not IP and the UI look as people claim we are complaining about. We are upset because you are making us chose to spend fame credits and or re grind to be back where we were so we can make fame credits in mass again.

So please, Just be like EVERY other MMO out there. We you do changes to a Skill Tree you allow players to Respec for free into what they want to.
    • hajee wrote:

@Retroman
      As People have stated as well as my self, The Best Options is to refund every one their Fame Credits for free. Make all the Nodes start back at 1/100.

We are not upset about IP, or the Look of having 100/100. This is about the lost of resources. What People Fail to Understand is the Fame Credits are a Resource. And SBI is making us regrind back up to 100/100 to be able to get Fame Credits in mass.

When you are 100/100 Mastery and Spec on all your gear you get 1.6 Fame credits to each Fame Earned, which means, yes at a huge silver cost, you can mass alot of fame credits.

Lets use an example.

Say I want to Farm food. So I buy an island and buildings some farms, get some seeds. That cost me a resource, which is silver. That is fine, but it takes time for me to earn back my investment. So say someday SBI decides that islands now go to Level 6, but in order to have 5 farms you need to be level 6. So I have to pay to upgrade island and place new farm plot. It would take be time to earn back that investment.

The same logic apply here for the break out of the Armor nodes. I can Pay the 30m plus fame credits to just be back at 100 spec so i can start to earn 1.6 fame credits per fame again. But that would take me time to earn that investment back. Or I can grind way AGAIN to re-level these nodes back to full Spec.

The issue here is not IP and the UI look as people claim we are complaining about. We are upset because you are making us chose to spend fame credits and or re grind to be back where we were so we can make fame credits in mass again.

So please, Just be like EVERY other MMO out there. We you do changes to a Skill Tree you allow players to Respec for free into what they want to.
      Yes! I agree that refunding every ones Fame Credits for free is the best option!
    • For me I feel screwed over, because I have put alot of time using robe of purity after i was alreay 100 spec. So I have lost a whole lot of potential fame from respec 80% return that I would have been able to accumulate 100% of if they did this from the start of avalonia, and royal armor addition. So from my perspective if you have 400/400 now you should have 800/800 after update. I have put too much time into faming things up to get screwed on fame credits. Also from that 20% I have done so much auto respec that I have no idea how much fame I lost. doesn't seem right to me, especially since so many of the players with 400/400 have been playing for a long time... Just hook it up, and all will be good.
    • LegaI wrote:

hajee wrote:

@Retroman

Lets use an example.

Yes! I agree that refunding every ones Fame Credits for free is the best option!
      How about crafting? We spent so much silver to level up the artifact crafting to 100 and there is no respec for crafting. Suddenly it becomes 83.
    • @hajee you island example is totally wrong dude, because "100" after the patch is more than "100 now". So, it would be like you have 6 plots, or still have 5 plots but level 6 gives you a 10th farming space on every plot.
      Also, for all of you whinning about "en masse credit fame"...
      1. You could farm and save them NOW so you don't need to fame then later.
      2. You could use anyone of the "regular armors" for the fame farming so you keep getting tons of fame credits.
      3. You could lower any branch you dislike (be avalonian, or druidic, or wathever) and get the one you want maxed out to 100.

Your complains are very short sighted. And yes, I agree with the "feeling of loss" but instead of whining about a number, I seek solutions. I will be stronger in "numbers" after this so is a buff no matter how I look at it.
    • Gabumon wrote:

@hajee you island example is totally wrong dude, because "100" after the patch is more than "100 now". So, it would be like you have 6 plots, or still have 5 plots but level 6 gives you a 10th farming space on every plot.
      Also, for all of you whinning about "en masse credit fame"...
      1. You could farm and save them NOW so you don't need to fame then later.
      2. You could use anyone of the "regular armors" for the fame farming so you keep getting tons of fame credits.
      3. You could lower any branch you dislike (be avalonian, or druidic, or wathever) and get the one you want maxed out to 100.

Your complains are very short sighted. And yes, I agree with the "feeling of loss" but instead of whining about a number, I seek solutions. I will be stronger in "numbers" after this so is a buff no matter how I look at it.

If you read my post, the issue not the IP. There is no need to increase the IP cap to 330, they can keep it at 300.

My island example is spot on, after the patch is 88 not 100 so I don't know where u are getting that. Again reread my post about investment.

1. I do have some saved now, but again I have flood FC in to something already maxed means I have to invest into something I am maxed and thus will take time to earn back that investment. This will cost me 40m Fame Credits.
      2. I could use regular again, but see first point.
      3. To "Lower" Cost Silver and only get 80% of FC back so no.

You seek Solutions, so what is wrong with SBI refund the FC in full at no cost so we can Chose where to put them in? IDC if you look at it as a buff because you will be stronger. AGAIN WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE IP
    • WetWilly wrote:

Honestly, a free pre-update respec is the only sensible answer that will satisfy everyone (or at least piss off the fewest players with the least amount of piss-off per player)

This way, time spent gaining fame points is not lost. Yes you will have to choose which artifacts you want to bring back to 100 and which you want to grind back, but this at least puts the choice in the player's hands.

Ensuring that the IP of players equipment does not change can only mean either you are making 100 spec even more powerful or anything gained above the new distributed spec is valueless. Neither of those situations seems right.

What about the player who only cared about 1 artifact being 100 spec and never used or planned to use the other artifacts. This is my situation.

No you should not give free fame so that people can keep 100 spec in all artifacts, that's free fame and it punishes the players who haven't gotten there yet.

No you shouldn't distribute everything evenly between the new artifacts because that punishes the players who did grind artifact spec to 100.

Other than those two choices, you are left with the free pre-update respec. Yes one artifact will have to be grinded again, but at least it's only one, and the players get to choose which one that will be and it really doesn't penalize nor award anyone fame and spec in 2 of 3, or 3 of 4 artifacts.

Thank you for reading.
      Amen
    • LordSilva wrote:

WetWilly wrote:

Honestly, a free pre-update respec is the only sensible answer that will satisfy everyone (or at least piss off the fewest players with the least amount of piss-off per player)

Thank you for reading.
      Amen
      Are the Devs, GMs and people in charge of managing the update reading these posts? I think most of us have a real and fair consensus that punishes, nor rewards anyone while still accomplishing what you want with your update.

Thanks,
      Scot
    • WetWilly wrote:

LordSilva wrote:

WetWilly wrote:

Thank you for reading.
      Amen
      Are the Devs, GMs and people in charge of managing the update reading these posts? I think most of us have a real and fair consensus that punishes, nor rewards anyone while still accomplishing what you want with your update.
      Thanks,
      Scot
      I am contra that. Respec will be a major money sink if all 83. So more people will need silver to buy tomes..and people will buy gold to have the money..

Game gets money - more revenue to SBI - future of the game safe

I agree, that a free reset would be fair but it would sacrifice potential income so I am against.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

WetWilly wrote:

LordSilva wrote:

WetWilly wrote:

Thank you for reading.
      Amen
      Are the Devs, GMs and people in charge of managing the update reading these posts? I think most of us have a real and fair consensus that punishes, nor rewards anyone while still accomplishing what you want with your update.Thanks,
      Scot
      I am contra that. Respec will be a major money sink if all 83. So more people will need silver to buy tomes..and people will buy gold to have the money..
      Game gets money - more revenue to SBI - future of the game safe

I agree, that a free reset would be fair but it would sacrifice potential income so I am against.
      you do understand that silver is not real money right?

What you are proposing is downgrading the level of service to the end user, to be re-upgraded back to return to status quo by shelling out more real dollars than the end user would shell out if the service remained as is.

It's one thing to make you want to spend money (i.e. going free to play vs benefits of premium) than it is to degrade a service and expect people to pay to restore it.

Do you understand how underhanded, and how potentially liable a strategy like that is?
    • Gank wrote:

Im convinced Albion players are all in the same vein as flat earthers and anti vaccination morons.

You see the number on the destiny board go lower and throw a massive fit when you're actually being given the opportunity to buff your stats even higher without losing anything but a shiny number 100.
      That's funny as hell. :)

Am I right in understanding that the equivalent item power of 100 before avalonian additions is 83 after the next patch, and the new item power cap has been increased, so there is more potential for a higher overall item power?
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • PieNapple wrote:

They had three options, basically.

1. What they are doing now. Split and give 83 in all and keep the IP the same. Sucks for the "completionists" out there that did the grind for the purpose of reaching those gold borders in the destiny board and reacing that 400/400. They have to continue grinding if they want to get it again. That grind will however reward them with more IP and more fun grind to do. :)

2. Let the 400/400 convert to 800/800. Give veterans a TON of free fame and a huge increase in IP to let the skyrocket away in power from the new players.

3. Convert all fame in artifact armor pieces to fame credits and let the users choose themselves.

It seems like we are getting 1. In my opinion, option 2 would be horrible.

I think a combination of 1 and 3 would be best. Automatically spread out the fame and keep the IP like you are planning. If you have 100 you will end up with multiple 83 nodes. On top of this, add an opt-in, one-time, time-limited option to respec all your armor artifact nodes to level 1, for free, without losing any fame. I think this could be better than just respeccing everything automatically. That could confuse a lot of new players. Players that maybe don't know how combat fame credits work.

This was all about combat nodes. Don't know how this translates to crafting.
      I have no idea how combat fame credits work.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Gank wrote:

Im convinced Albion players are all in the same vein as flat earthers and anti vaccination morons.

You see the number on the destiny board go lower and throw a massive fit when you're actually being given the opportunity to buff your stats even higher without losing anything but a shiny number 100.
      That's funny as hell. :)
      Am I right in understanding that the equivalent item power of 100 before avalonian additions is 83 after the next patch, and the new item power cap has been increased, so there is more potential for a higher overall item power?
      the point is some weapons might be harder to grind than others and every wep is getting treated the same , someone might want 100 fallen and someone might want 100 on their lifetouch and theyll be 83 now while fallen might be crap to level etc.
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

the point is some weapons might be harder to grind than others and every wep is getting treated the same , someone might want 100 fallen and someone might want 100 on their lifetouch and theyll be 83 now while fallen might be crap to level etc.
      This change will not affect the weapons, only the armour, but what you say is exactly the same, because many armours are completely useless to walk with them in PvE which means that you will have to go up to 100, so that you can earn credits of fame to spend on those that are not used.

When what we want is for everything to be 100 or let me choose one of my 5 artefact armour is zero in specialization and all the other 4 to 100 specialization.
    • Gonna go ahead and post this here again since the last thread gained no traction.
      ----------------------------------------------

88 Artifact Boots to 100 after the split is going to cost 1,320,081 Fame Credits
      x5 nodes (Rune, Soul, Relic, Royal, Ava) = 6,600,405 Fame Credits
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 19,801,215 Fame Credits

88 Artifact Helms to 100 after the split is going to cost 1,320,081 Fame Credits
      x5 nodes (Rune, Soul, Relic, Royal, Ava) = 6,600,405 Fame Credits
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 19,801,215 Fame Credits

88 Artifact Chest to 100 after the split is going to cost 2,640,163 Fame Credits
      x5 nodes (Rune, Soul, Relic, Royal, Ava) = 13,200,815 Fame Credits
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 39,602,445 Fame Credits

19,801,215 + 19,801,215 + 39,602,445 = 79,204,875 Fame Credits
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      If only Avalonian Armor was at zero (0) just like Avalonian Weapons since it's new and fresh

0 Avalonian Boots to 100 after the split is going to cost 4,231,544 Fame Credits.
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 12,694,632 Fame Credits

0 Avalonian Helms to 100 after the split is going to cost 4,231,544 Fame Credits.
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 12,694,632 Fame Credits

0 Avalonian Chests to 100 after the split is going to cost 8,463,089 Fame Credits.
      x3 for Cloth, Leather, Plate = 25,389,267 Fame Credits

12,694,632 + 12,694,632 + 25,389,267 = 50,778,531 Fame Credits.

Royal Armor would be another 50,778,531 Fame Credits for a total of 101,557,062 Fame Credits being pulled out of thin air for the sole purpose of increasing the length of time it takes to max out.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      What about Royal Armor? It has been part of the Artifact Armor line for pretty much FOREVER. By splitting armor up the way you are now, you are stealing up to 50,778,531 Fame Credits from players who have already famed up to max out their armor lines to 400/400 pre split. 50,778,531 Fame Credits that Royal Armors would cost, that was already part of the existing Artifact Node. What you are doing now is saying that Royal Armor is brand new content and needs to be famed from zero on top of Avalonian Armor which released recently enough. Taking the existing fame and distributing it among 5 nodes instead of just the initial 3 nodes. You are adding in more fame requirements while taking away previous hard earned work.

In contrast, when it comes to the Avalonian weapons, you converted it to exactly a 1:1 fame credit ratio and did not take away anyone's hard work. You are making Avalonian weapons start at zero (0) so that everyone has a fair and equal start on the Fresh NEW Content. If you apply the same logic used on weapons to armor, yes you would be giving EVERYONE some Free Combat fame. But you would not be stealing away hard work earned from your veteran players who have been playing and supporting this game for years.

The most fair way to proceed with this split is to make Avalonian Armors start at zero along with weapons. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt on Royal Armors as it's been out too long to just swap out for a bigger carrot on the stick.
      ----------------
      The fame treadmill is already long enough.

253,892,685 Fame Credits worth of Avalonian Weapons are being added.
      1,103,880 Fame Credits worth of Avalonian Offhands are being added.

We don't need to have 101,557,062 Fame Credits worth of armor added on, undoing the hard work of veteran players.
    • We are using something that already exists in the game and manipulating it to adapt due to another addition, but one is carried out logically, the other is not, it was carried out with disrespect for the community and the time that this community has already invested in this game.

We are not in an Alpha or Beta to make this kind of changes in a game of this genre, we are talking about a change that affects all players, but in this case in a negative way, as there are other alternatives to this resolution and the worst for the community was chosen.
      With so many ways to resolve this situation, they immediately chose the one that penalizes, and not the one that balances or the one that rewards.
      They are making me spend TEMPO for something that I had at the maximum level for almost two years.

All armours to specialization 100 and Ava armour to ZERO