Avalonian Weapons & Offhands

• ViniColen wrote:

Maszke wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

You are testing it on MOBs arent you? Go test it on players. Players can use mage robe, reflect and much more, and you wont be able to shot another arrow until its E ends. Too easy to counter.
      it's a 30m aoe pierce skilslhot, 2 shots make more damage than Wailling and the arrow travel is faster, you lose the reflect immunity but 4 shots deal twice the damage of wailing.Every weapon have a weakness, don't you think that bows already have too many op weapons?
      So you disagree with our arguments because bows are "OP"? Wailling bow isnt a DMG weapon...30m is the soul of that bow. But you cant win ppl with mage robe and/or hunter hood(they can use it from any distance, and you will lose your entire E just waiting your enemy hunter hood or mage robe ends. This is the problem.). 5v5 is good, ZvZ better, but 1v1(new DG) and 2v2(HG) arent.
      Good damage and good potential, but it is so easy to counter. If you use Lucent bow "E", your opponent can break your E using any reflect, mage robe, fiend hat.
      Allowing ppl to chose the right moment for the others 3 shoots would be great.

It's not a weapon designed for small scale, you already have normal bow, warbow, whispering bow and badon for solo and small content,
      Longbow, Wailingbow and Ava. Bow for large group content, every weapon has their strengths, nobody will tell you where to play'em, making the Lucent Bow immune to Purge or Reflect will make it an op weapon in EVERY content.

Also allowing ppl to chose when to spend the charges? why should you use Warbow then?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maszke ().

• The new Avalonian Axe E (the 50% energy reduction for 8 sec) seems very, very underwhelming (and Im being conservative here) and does not seem to fit with the weapon line. Axe was always about DMG (direct or bleeds = over
      time) and now we are getting a 8 sec pretty useless energy debuff?

At least make it into an energy bleed (like "mana burn" in DOTA/LoL) or something...

Or increase duration... most pvp encounters last about 20-40 sec (1v1), 2v2's and higher can last for much longer (like 5+ min), so an 8 sec debuff (thats not really a debuff, as mana go back to normal after the 8 sec wears off) seems very low

actually I probably need to test this a bit more...
    • Dual maces E is funky, so tested if you use claws E disembowel does not remove the shield?
      Quarter staff damage is a bit high lol maybe tone that down a little bit or the giant range on that thing.
      Mage weps seem solid nothing to insane tbh
      The hammer is okay but you guys keep buffing geyser like you want to see it played maybe make pole hammer E buff geyser in some way idk just to many good W on hammers to choose that option.
      Dagger good still solid aoe good burst solid tone down.
      Healing is hard to see considering like alot of people are talking about you are seeing 1v1 tests atm so it's kinda hard to say what is fair for some of these weps so keep that in mind.
    • Fred reviews avalonian weapons!

Bridled Fury (dagger)
      I'd rate these up around galatines for zvz, and I'm glad that daggers is finally getting a weapon that isn't just mediocre for zvz. Even with the nerf to the E they still deal around the same damage as a galatine clap, however they have much higher resilience penetration which might make them good for finishing off a clump. Although you don't have galatines' purge immunity you can get potentially 3 stacks with a single Q or charge up stacks a bit slower in the safety of your own backline. You also have a W that gives you a 45% damage buff and 75% movespeed buff so honestly you can probably hit way harder with these than galatines.

Daybreaker (spear)
      Seems pretty decent. Aoe purge is cool but the fact that it's only in a straight line and uses you as a projectile puts a slight damper on that excitement. The dash has a 0.5s cast time but it's also the longest dash in the game at 20 meters. Perhaps it might be a good gather weapon with the obnoxious CC resist from avalonian torch?

Realmbreaker (axe)
      If this doesn't see 5v5 play I'm going to eat a plate helmet. The E has knockup and good damage but what I'm most interested in is the max and current energy reduction. Effectively, everyone hit by the knockup cone will have their energy costs doubled for 8 seconds. I would not be surprised to see a high-level CGvG team with more than one of these.

Kingmaker (sword)
      It's all right. If I wanted knockup I'd use the axe though, and the dagger does more damage in an easier to land area. I don't see it being used over axes or daggers.

Grailseeker (quarterstaff)
      It seems pretty good. You can basically root people for 7 seconds and deal decent damage at the same time. And you thought regular quarterstaff was annoying. I'd expect to see this in 2v2 hellgates.

Hand of Justice (hammer)
      I'm not really sure what the use case for this is. 40s cooldown seems too long for it. I haven't messed with it much but I think it could use a buff on the pull radius.

Oathkeepers (mace)
      I'm not going to lie, this is real weird. It's probably going to be a ZvZ staple though. The shield looks really tough to break through and the movespeed is a boon to engagements. I don't think the AOE heals on normal attacks is going to be used much for anything bigger than 2v2 though.

Mistpiercer (bow)
      I don't know how I feel about this one. Its ceiling is a lot higher than a wailing, but its floor is a bit lower. You'd probably need a cast speed buff to get off all the arrows in a reasonable timeframe. The 30m range is nice though.

Energy Shaper (crossbow)
      At first, I thought this was insane. 500 damage every 0.3 seconds? Then I compared it to an 8.3 siegebow with max spec on the test server and realized it's not actually good. You have pretty much all the bad parts of a siegebow like channel, a cast before the channel, it's reflectable, but it doesn't have a big honking cone and it tracks like a freaking dreadnought, and not a HAW one. (For non-eve players, that means "badly"). You need like 8 ticks to match the siegebow's full channel (you have 13 for full channel), probably more after factoring in escalation, and it doesn't deal true damage to players. Just save your money and buy a siegebow.

Shadowcaller (cursed staff)
      I think this is going to be good. Not busted, but good. It's pretty much a blazing with 30 second cooldown most of the time, but it can also heal you if you need it in smaller scale engagements, or drop a huge pierce if you use it on a plate guy.

Dawnsong (fire staff)
      I can't see this as a zvz weapon when you have brimstone already, but maybe it could work as a 5v5 version? Healing reduction is probably more viable there as well.

Chillhowl (frost staff)
      I imagine the design process went something like this:
      Chillhowl designer: Hey permafrost designer, can I copy your homework?
      Permafrost designer: Sure, just change a few things so it doesn't look copied.
      This just seems like a worse permafrost that you can use to annoy your allies. Hard pass.

Evensong (arcane staff)
      Not sure why I would want to use this. It seems like your opponents that you do hit would just spread out. I can't see this being used over a locus (which will probably just cleanse it, ha).

Hallowfall (holy staff)
      I wouldn't use this for ZvZ so I feel like the 10 targets is kinda wasted. The heal seems rather weak compared to fallen or redemption, and a healer doesn't really belong in the frontline. I'd stick to redemption.

Ironroot Staff (nature staff)
      Definitely more suited to small-scale, although there's plenty of cheese potential here like linking an ally not in your alliance to the enemy shotcaller in a zvz. It's very versatile, but I'd prefer a heal stick with an E that actually heals, thanks.
    • AVALONIAN WEAPONS FEEDBACK

@Retroman

Dawnsong - are you sure you want another weapon, this time a fire weapon with healing reduction? (UNORIGINAL) The effect of [E] feels low effort like somebody looked at Demonic Staff and borrowed the effect...

Hallowfall - healing output of Divine Intervention could be 5-10% higher it feels low (BUFF)

Shadowcaller - inability to cast the [E] on mobs is a disappointment, at least make it RNG when cast on mobs (THOUGHT)

Lucent Hawk - increase the time you have to fire each arrow by 1-2s to allow for more skillful plays (PLEASE FIX)

Oathkeepers - nerf Blessed Aurora movement speed increase from 50% to 30% cuz it's OP (NERF)
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.

The post was edited 9 times, last by keyfouyr: ping pong ().

• The celestial censer bonus looks weird to me. The numbers are aligned on the crypt candle damage bonus whereas, on weapons, healing and damage do not get the same % increase per 100 IP. I would expect the same pattern and have the celestial censer bonus lowered, set at 2/3 of the crypt candle figures at equivalent IP.

I am not convinced that many healers will want to get a defense debuff in PVP.
      However, in PVE, if the efficiency gap between 1h and 2h weapons isn't adapted, such a tremendous bonus may make the 2 handed weapons obsolete,
    • Caramba queria entender o ódio da SBI contra os arcanistas. OK, a skill mimic ficou interessante. Mas a skill da avaloniana não me pareceu impactante como a de outras armas. Ela não causa dano relevante, OK compreendo, dá um debuff interessante, mas para tão poucas pessoas que basta se afastar para não causar qlq inconveniente. Enfim, o arcanista poderia ser uma classe mais versátil, mas eles optam por um caminho mais preguiçoso.
      Quando penso num arcanista, peço que ele poderia ser algo mais próximo do mesmer do GW2. A avaloniana poderia sei lá, dar MASS INVISIBILITY (até 10, 15 ou 20 players) ou abrir um portal de um ponto A a um Ponto B, para a mesma quantidade de players, enfim fazer algo mais surpreendente, quem sabe na próxima.
    • I see no reason after this nerf in this kingmaker sword for using it. You need to compare weapons when doing your balance changes. If i want a weapon to do damage I would get Dual swords instead of this (lower CD, more damage and a part of this damage is true damage, easier to land and more range) so why doing it? So you need to give to it something to make it a good option. Compare Kingmaker now to Realmbreaker: realmbreaker does almost the exactly same damage but need NO STACKS, ITS EASIER TO LAND, has the same CC but also has the max energy reduction thing FOR 8 SECONDS which is extremaly OP, so wtf??? Just compare your weapons when doing balance changes.
      Swords is a weapon known for the damage but like no utility so it was fair for the amount of damage more and having this little knock up it was ok but now it does no damage and no utility.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Haut ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Bridled Fury (dagger)
      I'd rate these up around galatines for zvz, and I'm glad that daggers is finally getting a weapon that isn't just mediocre for zvz. Even with the nerf to the E they still deal around the same damage as a galatine clap, however they have much higher resilience penetration which might make them good for finishing off a clump. Although you don't have galatines' purge immunity you can get potentially 3 stacks with a single Q or charge up stacks a bit slower in the safety of your own backline. You also have a W that gives you a 45% damage buff and 75% movespeed buff so honestly you can probably hit way harder with these than galatines.

Daybreaker (spear)
      Seems pretty decent. Aoe purge is cool but the fact that it's only in a straight line and uses you as a projectile puts a slight damper on that excitement. The dash has a 0.5s cast time but it's also the longest dash in the game at 20 meters. Perhaps it might be a good gather weapon with the obnoxious CC resist from avalonian torch?

Realmbreaker (axe)
      If this doesn't see 5v5 play I'm going to eat a plate helmet. The E has knockup and good damage but what I'm most interested in is the max and current energy reduction. Effectively, everyone hit by the knockup cone will have their energy costs doubled for 8 seconds. I would not be surprised to see a high-level CGvG team with more than one of these.

Kingmaker (sword)
      It's all right. If I wanted knockup I'd use the axe though, and the dagger does more damage in an easier to land area. I don't see it being used over axes or daggers.

Grailseeker (quarterstaff)
      It seems pretty good. You can basically root people for 7 seconds and deal decent damage at the same time. And you thought regular quarterstaff was annoying. I'd expect to see this in 2v2 hellgates.

Hand of Justice (hammer)
      I'm not really sure what the use case for this is. 40s cooldown seems too long for it. I haven't messed with it much but I think it could use a buff on the pull radius.

Oathkeepers (mace)
      I'm not going to lie, this is real weird. It's probably going to be a ZvZ staple though. The shield looks really tough to break through and the movespeed is a boon to engagements. I don't think the AOE heals on normal attacks is going to be used much for anything bigger than 2v2 though.

Mistpiercer (bow)
      I don't know how I feel about this one. Its ceiling is a lot higher than a wailing, but its floor is a bit lower. You'd probably need a cast speed buff to get off all the arrows in a reasonable timeframe. The 30m range is nice though.

Energy Shaper (crossbow)
      At first, I thought this was insane. 500 damage every 0.3 seconds? Then I compared it to an 8.3 siegebow with max spec on the test server and realized it's not actually good. You have pretty much all the bad parts of a siegebow like channel, a cast before the channel, it's reflectable, but it doesn't have a big honking cone and it tracks like a freaking dreadnought, and not a HAW one. (For non-eve players, that means "badly"). You need like 8 ticks to match the siegebow's full channel (you have 13 for full channel), probably more after factoring in escalation, and it doesn't deal true damage to players. Just save your money and buy a siegebow.

Shadowcaller (cursed staff)
      I think this is going to be good. Not busted, but good. It's pretty much a blazing with 30 second cooldown most of the time, but it can also heal you if you need it in smaller scale engagements, or drop a huge pierce if you use it on a plate guy.

Dawnsong (fire staff)
      I can't see this as a zvz weapon when you have brimstone already, but maybe it could work as a 5v5 version? Healing reduction is probably more viable there as well.

Chillhowl (frost staff)
      I imagine the design process went something like this:
      Chillhowl designer: Hey permafrost designer, can I copy your homework?
      Permafrost designer: Sure, just change a few things so it doesn't look copied.
      This just seems like a worse permafrost that you can use to annoy your allies. Hard pass.

Evensong (arcane staff)
      Not sure why I would want to use this. It seems like your opponents that you do hit would just spread out. I can't see this being used over a locus (which will probably just cleanse it, ha).

Hallowfall (holy staff)
      I wouldn't use this for ZvZ so I feel like the 10 targets is kinda wasted. The heal seems rather weak compared to fallen or redemption, and a healer doesn't really belong in the frontline. I'd stick to redemption.

Ironroot Staff (nature staff)
      Definitely more suited to small-scale, although there's plenty of cheese potential here like linking an ally not in your alliance to the enemy shotcaller in a zvz. It's very versatile, but I'd prefer a heal stick with an E that actually heals, thanks.
      Very nice insight! About the Fire Staff tho, the range is INSANE and healing reduction in ZvZ is quite good in current meta, so it may see some use (balance it with brimstone, you want both). And the Arcane if you hit 5 people, they are literally rooted with everyone around them if the auras overlap, and if you hit spread targets, they became "the one with the plague" for their zerg because they will debuff anyone that comes close to them, making them very hard to purge. The effect is extremely strong, extremely devastating and will probably see ZvZ use.
    • Kingsmaker feel out of place, why would you use it instead of Galatines for ZvZ, extra CC is given by tanks, not DDs.
      Small scale? i prefer clapping with Galatines or supporting with Carving's pierce, even Dual Swords have more dmg with the 6% true damage effect and it's a leap.

Realmbreaker does the same but better, no point on using Kingsmaker, it even hits harder due to damage buffs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maszke ().

• agonyclutch wrote:

All the complaints about the kingmaker nerf lol I mean let's be real swords have there iframe w compared to axes and daggers well chain slash is some nice butter with yet again another iframe.
      There really is no need for iframes like this just makes other mdps awful choices
      Axes got an useful weapon, huge damage and utility for their average, Swords doesn't need CC,

If the idea was making a offtank oriented weapon, then why not Shield or Resis buffs? CC is not something a DD should care of, it's Tank's Job, yeah you can "secure" a clump with it but a soulscythe can do the job way better, the only good scenario where it could shine is a Camlann clump, why not Galatine Pair or Realmbreaker in this scenario? it will do the job 2 times better by clapping or applying huge debuff and great damage.

It's even harder to connect, the targets usually keeps moving midair and avoid the damage, i could be biased because it's not a Solo weapon and i'm a sword player, but i see a big lack of purpose in it, or lack of creativity for Swords.
    • Maszke wrote:

agonyclutch wrote:

All the complaints about the kingmaker nerf lol I mean let's be real swords have there iframe w compared to axes and daggers well chain slash is some nice butter with yet again another iframe.
      There really is no need for iframes like this just makes other mdps awful choices
      Axes got an useful weapon, huge damage and utility for their average, Swords doesn't need CC,
      If the idea was making a offtank oriented weapon, then why not Shield or Resis buffs? CC is not something a DD should care of, it's Tank's Job, yeah you can "secure" a clump with it but a soulscythe can do the job way better, the only good scenario where it could shine is a Camlann clump, why not Galatine Pair or Realmbreaker in this scenario? it will do the job 2 times better by clapping or applying huge debuff and great damage.

It's even harder to connect, the targets usually keeps moving midair and avoid the damage, i could be biased because it's not a Solo weapon and i'm a sword player, but i see a big lack of purpose in it, or lack of creativity for Swords.
      On the other hand you could in theory make an skirmish/tanky build for 5v5 or even ZvZ, with Splitting Slash and this, getting some extra CC with quite strong damage.
    • I will just talking about ZVZ weapon but for me , a lot of new ZvZ weapon are useless because we have better weapon atm:

- Avalonian Crossbow: really weak in a lot of way , why taking a ava xbow when i can take a siege bow, siegebow has better aoe and Cd, ava xbow has better range that's good but damage are ok but dont have brut damage like siegebow, 40 s of CD this is huge, too huge for a non OP weapon, you can be cancel at everytime and u need 5s to make all of you'r damage, you can be reflect. ATM the new ava xbow is useless.

- Avalonian spear, too slow, not a lot damage, purge is ok but that's all

- Avalonian hammer , range low, effect duration low too , 40 s CD, why taking this weapon when i can take a camlamn ?

- Avalonian sword, maybe in small scale but in ZvZ useless , you have galatine and clarent that do better job

- Avalonian bow with damage nerf , i think it's gonna be useless in ZvZ too, i think you don't take focus fire + zerg debuff in consideration
    • Here is the next batch of changes:

• Divine Engine (Energy Shaper)
        • The Cast & Channel are now uninterruptible
      • Frozen Crystal (Chillhowl)
        • The crystal now only freezes allies in the caster's party. (You can still cast on friendlies outside of your party, but they are not frozen inside the crystal)
        • Explosion Radius: 7m -> 8m
        • Explosion Damage: 189 -> 210
      • Blessed Aurora (Oathkeeper)
        • Movespeed buff: 50% -> 30%
        • Shield Strength: 500 -> 400
      • Soul Shaker (Grailseeker)
        • The root area now has a 0.5s delay after the initial hit.
      • Majestic Smash (Kingmaker)
        • 0 stack damage: 96 -> 67 -> 79
        • 1 stack damage: 153 -> 107 -> 127
        • 2 stacks damage: 230 -> 160 -> 190
        • 3 stacks damage: 325 -> 227 -> 269
    • Retroman wrote:

Here is the next batch of changes:

• Divine Engine (Energy Shaper)
        • The Cast & Channel are now uninterruptible
      • Frozen Crystal (Chillhowl)
        • The crystal now only freezes allies in the caster's party. (You can still cast on friendlies outside of your party, but they are not frozen inside the crystal)
        • Explosion Radius: 7m -> 8m
        • Explosion Damage: 189 -> 210
      • Blessed Aurora (Oathkeeper)
        • Movespeed buff: 50% -> 30%
        • Shield Strength: 500 -> 400
      • Soul Shaker (Grailseeker)
        • The root area now has a 0.5s delay after the initial hit.
      • Majestic Smash (Kingmaker)
        • 0 stack damage: 96 -> 67 -> 79
        • 1 stack damage: 153 -> 107 -> 127
        • 2 stacks damage: 230 -> 160 -> 190
        • 3 stacks damage: 325 -> 227 -> 269

Really good buff for the energy shapper CD make sense now,
      Still think the frost need a buff in some way
      Logical nerf for oathkeeper
    • (OLD) Celestial Censer t4

Healing Cast Bonus +7.9%
      Defense vs Players - 4%
      Defense vs Mobs - 4%

Would it be possible for Celestial Censer off-hand to receive a stat shortening healing sickness or any other beneficial stat. It's supposed to be *The Avalonian* go to super duper off-hand.

(NEW) Celestial Censer

Healing Cast Bonus +
      Healing Sickness Duration -
      Defense vs Players -
      Defense vs Mobs -

example for t4.

Celestial Censer

Healing Cast Bonus +7.0%
      Healing Sickness Duration -5%
      Defense vs Players -3%
      Defense vs Mobs -3%
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • Still think Chillhowl shouldnt negate damage done on an enemy when they are inside the crystal (2 seconds of allies dps lost is specially painful when you have more than 4 allies whaling on an enemy) and it shouldnt negate heal on the ally its used on, if balance is necesary then it could work like the cleric ice block (50% healing received). Just to compare on a fighting scenario.

On enemy:
      - Permafrost aoe stop enemies for 1 sec while Chillhowl stops 1 single enemy for 2 sec (giving them damage immunity during that time so RIP allies dps) and deals half the aoe damage of permafrost.
      - The current cooldown and energy consumption dont make up for it.