Reroll insanity

• Midgard wrote:

But why?
      Well, basically I just think re-roll is so expensive it's technically unusable.

I'll never do re-roll again.

I'll probably try my luck at crafting 100 of an item and hope it gets masterpiece, but I won't be getting masterpiece from the re-roll route ever again.

The purpose of this thread was to point out I think its too expensive.

The reason I posted the 32mill thing was because the only way someone can realistically bounce back from trying re-roll is if they buy gold frequently or have a way to make a lot of silver quickly in game, but from my perspective that is far from the norm.

The reason I had potato salad active is because 6 months ago it cost me 35mill to make my t7 witchwork staff masterpiece through re-rolling, so this time I felt it's worth trying whatever it takes to improve my chances. I was experimenting in case there's some hidden coding as an undocumented feature.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • MEATCUP wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

6 months ago it cost me 35mill to make my t7 witchwork staff masterpiece through re-rolling
      Maybe you just did this for science, but 35mill would make a lot of t7 witchwork staves.
      Yeah, I've definitely learned from this error after trying re-roll a second time. I made a load of witchworks which were varying qualities, and had to underprice them because arcane is not a popular weapon.

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020
    • SHARKY wrote:

On the Test Server I rerolled a T8 item from Outstanding to Masterpiece and it cost around 70m. I don't even remember what the item was - it was most likely an Artefact Weapon or Artefact Chest piece.
      FML that's hardcore. lol

Well done though

• Midgard wrote:

Tabor wrote:

I do not like even having a reroll option. It devalues crafting.
      Re-roll should only be available to the crafted who crafted the item, and the chance based on spec.
      Totally agree with this.

Players with ZERO experience in crafting (also talking about the useless rare breeding skill as well) shouldn't be able to improve the quality of an item, period.

Rare breeders should control the masterpiece market for mounts.
      Crafters should control the masterpiece market for equipment.

The fact that anyone can just grab an item and potentially roll a masterpiece is just asinine. Sure it's a silver sink, but a stupid one. I know folks who have masterpieced transport mammoths in one roll and it's sickening.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Crane wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Re-roll should only be available to the crafted who crafted the item, and the chance based on spec.
      Totally agree with this.
      Players with ZERO experience in crafting (also talking about the useless rare breeding skill as well) shouldn't be able to improve the quality of an item, period.

The fact that anyone can just grab an item and potentially roll a masterpiece is just asinine. Sure it's a silver sink, but a stupid one. I know folks who have masterpieced transport mammoths in one roll and it's sickening.
      This is interesting. I mean, I can craft Arcane Staffs up to tier 7, and I once tried (and succeeded) to re-roll a self-crafted tier 7 arcane witchwork staff to masterpiece. It cost me 35mill to finally get it to happen. I think that is too expensive, because nobody will ever buy that weapon from me for even half that price.

If you think that players with ZERO experience in crafting shouldn't be able to improve the quality of an item, would that imply you would approve of players who DO have experience in crafting an item should have a higher success rate in re-roll of that specific type of item?

If so, I whole-heartedly agree.

• PenguinSniper wrote:

This is interesting. I mean, I can craft Arcane Staffs up to tier 7, and I once tried (and succeeded) to re-roll a self-crafted tier 7 arcane witchwork staff to masterpiece. It cost me 35mill to finally get it to happen. I think that is too expensive, because nobody will ever buy that weapon from me for even half that price.
      If you think that players with ZERO experience in crafting shouldn't be able to improve the quality of an item, would that imply you would approve of players who DO have experience in crafting an item should have a higher success rate in re-roll of that specific type of item?

The reroller isn't intended to be efficient. It is intended as a ceiling of the price of items. The more efficient the reoller is, the less value crafting skills have. The reroller just shouldn't compete against the skills that players have spent years to develop. It is intended as a silver sink.

Players with high experience do have a higher chance of getting higher quality items, by crafting them. Re-rolling is literally just the crafting quality chart with no crafting bonuses.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Crane wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Totally agree with this.Players with ZERO experience in crafting (also talking about the useless rare breeding skill as well) shouldn't be able to improve the quality of an item, period.

Also 100% disagree with this. Just puts more money in the hands of people with more money. Rerolling has risks with probability but there’s math behind it to make certain items profitable. If you’d like to figure out the math and averages behind it testserver is open rn.
    • PenguinSniper wrote:

Crane wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Totally agree with this.Players with ZERO experience in crafting (also talking about the useless rare breeding skill as well) shouldn't be able to improve the quality of an item, period.

Yes. This is entirely my point.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!