Journeyman Robes, Cowl, Sandal's not showing up "able to craft" at Makeshift Mage's Tower, once I opened them.

• Journeyman Robes, Cowl, Sandal's not showing up "able to craft" at Makeshift Mage's Tower, once I opened them.

Hello All,

I started playing last week for 3 hours, I'm still in the Tutorial stage yet. I absolutely love to grind out mobs in any MMO/RPGs. I love to craft, and love this skill tree system. I probably played more than 100 MMOs since my first one, Final Fantasy 11 on PS2, back when I was 33 and I'm turning 50 in 2 months. I'm on the quest: "The Beginner Becomes a Novice". I crafted about 30+ Tomes and a few Novice Fire Staves to get to my 480/480 and unlock all the other upper tiers now. It says I have to craft a T2 helmet/Armor/Boots yet. I made an Outstanding Tome of Spells which I equipped, and a Good Fire Staff so far. So I have 2 questions now:

1.) Should I NPC the 11 Good Tome of Spells and 1 Excellent one I made in the process, since they are beginner items, or should I save them until I get out of the Tutorial area to sell etc? What exactly should I NPC immediately when power grinding crafting the same item over and over?

2.) At the Makeshift Mage's Tower, I don't see the Journeyman Robes, Cowl etc listed now that I broke the 480 barrier, and I don't have "Only show craftable items" clicked on. I don't want to buy them from the Merchant Auction house, so why didn't they unlock at the Mage's Tower yet?

^^OK. I see I had to change tabs, and click on the Helmet tab for all Armor to craft. I didn't see that last week. I made my 3 pieces now and moving on to the next quest.

3.) There is no way to break down/salvage items in this game to get the base parts and continue crafting, right?

4.) Now I'm pretty much overburdened by now. There is no were to safely stash my lumber, cloth etc while I continue with the Heretics quest? I'm moving very slowly.

5.) What's the Stone Hammer used for? That's the only Tool I haven't used yet.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Dragonsi ().

• 1. beginner items have very, very, brutally, low demand. they are quickly replaced by higher tiers and easily farmed mats when needed. Do either - it won't make a difference. Consider studying them.

2. resolved

3. You can salvage items at the repairman, if you are so inclined.

4. There is a bank in all cities/crosses. It's the giant chest in the middle.

5. knocking walls down for castles/outposts/hideouts
    • Thank you Meatcup!

I played a good 10 more hours overnight, etc. since posting this. I figured out you had to get to the mainland to do Journeyman items. I chose Swamp Cross since I'm a Holy Mage and using cloth mostly. I'm in full Journeyman Mage Robes, and have a Holy Staff and Outstanding J. Tome of Spells.

1.) Where do I claim and build an island and home at?

2.) Where do I farm and plant seeds?

3.) Where do I cook at? I see Sous Chef leads to Alchemist.

4.) I fished a whole lot today, and made it to almost exactly 3500/7000 now and have about exactly 100 fish and clams. I know people equip them for the health regen bonuses, but where do I grill them at for food?

5.) OTHER than the Auction, where do I find an Oxen the normal way, without buying it on there?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dragonsi ().

• Dragonsi wrote:

Thank you Meatcup!

I played a good 10 more hours overnight, etc. since posting this. I figured out you had to get to the mainland to do Journeyman items. I chose Swamp Cross since I'm a Holy Mage and using cloth mostly. I'm in full Journeyman Mage Robes, and have a Holy Staff and Outstanding J. Tome of Spells.

1.) Where do I claim and build an island and home at?

2.) Where do I farm and plant seeds?

3.) Where do I cook at? I see Sous Chef leads to Alchemist.

4.) I fished a whole lot today, and made it to almost exactly 3500/7000 now and have about exactly 100 fish and clams. I know people equip them for the health regen bonuses, but where do I grill them at for food?

5.) OTHER than the Auction, where do I find an Oxen the normal way, without buying it on there?
      1. From major cities: Thetford, Lymhurst, Bridgewatch, Fort Sterling, Martlock and Caerleon. There is a special island merchant for that at those city hubs. To claim a Island you first must have at least 30days premium active.

2. Farming is possible at personal island farming spots. You can buy seeds from special merchant at your island next to farming spots or from market. You plant those seeds to your farming spots built at your personal island.

3. Cooking can be done at Cooking stations around major cities or at your own island after you construct a cooking station at a building spot. More general info about cooking wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Cooking

4. Fish needs to be chopped at the butcher first, after that find a cooking station. You can cook it into Grilled fish but its not worth it at most cases. Just sell the fish, use it as passive HP regain or use chopped fish for better cooking recipes at later part of the game. Grilled fish is not that good...

5. You can grow them at personal island... or be looted from other players at Red or Black zone if you find one lurking there on an ox... Just use market.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lohend ().

• Thank you Lohend for your fast reply!

Just one more question for now. I played all night overnight and headed to bed then work.

1.) I just got to Thetford, and I logged out in front of the King. It asked me to join his faction and accept a quest. Can I join multiple/all factions, or am I forced to pick just one?

2.) If I do pay for a month's Premium, which doesn't bother me since I paid for months/years of Wow and both Final Fantasy 11 and 14, and then 2 months later, I stop playing for 6 months, does my island disappear, like in FF14 and Arch Age, or is it there permanently?
    • Dragonsi wrote:

Thank you Lohend for your fast reply!

Just one more question for now. I played all night overnight and headed to bed then work.

1.) I just got to Thetford, and I logged out in front of the King. It asked me to join his faction and accept a quest. Can I join multiple/all factions, or am I forced to pick just one?

2.) If I do pay for a month's Premium, which doesn't bother me since I paid for months/years of Wow and both Final Fantasy 11 and 14, and then 2 months later, I stop playing for 6 months, does my island disappear, like in FF14 and Arch Age, or is it there permanently?
      1. Most likely by king you mean faction manager who can help you faction flag up. Yes you can play all city factions but you can only be under 1 flag at a certain time. Now be careful, while faction flagged all other people from other factions can kill you at ANY zone, even at blue and loot you. Be careful. I would advice to stay neutral until you have better understanding of zones and faction warfare. You can unflag by clicking a small circle after your HP/MANA bar.

2. No, you keep the island. Its just 1 time payment model to prevent unlimited alt accounts.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3