Server

• Hello, not sure if im posting in right forum part, but its some kind of a feedback. So im from Europe, and im experiencing around 150 ping that spikes higher with most of activities. I dont have that kind of high ping in any game i play, so i assume u dont have server located in europe? My main question is are there plans for opening europe server at all? Are you (devs) even consider it? Game is barely playable if it comes to 1 vs 1 pvp, where every skillshot matters, and enemy teleporting instead of moving making it rly hard.
    • Yes, that is the case.
      Servers on NA.
      SA and SEA get 200 to 250 ping and this was heavily complained on the forum already.
      SBI seems to not want servers on other regions since this would split the "game population", resulting in an "empty world" after everything they did in recent patches. That would also result on them losing money.
      So 95% chance they wont address this.
    • Well, for me thats kinda strange thinking, coz i know a lot of ppls quitting game coz of ping issues. Coz lets face it, with that kind of ping u cant rly effectivly do 2 vs 2 hellgates, or solo pvp. For me personaly it works like that: i go back to game, do some zvz, group ganking, gathering, after some time it gets boring so i go for more thrilling activities like those small scale pvp, than i hit the wall off high ping, where i can loose 2 vs 2 coz i dont see how my opponent move, or cant dodge skills, and i uninstall the game. Cant speak for other ppls, but for me server with good ping would be reason to stay in game, even if less populated. Instead i got frustrated and quit game. For me personally good ping is the most important thing in any game with any kind of pvp.
    • 150 ping for sure is not game breaking and doesn't stop you from dodging skills. If you want to get it lower use VPN like i.e ExitLag, should cut off 20-30.

Yes lot of people quit when they need to play 250+ ping, that's sad. Yet how many people would still be around if servers would be separate clusters and each server population would be 1/4 of what current population is? The game would be a graveyard, ghost town... It would be just another dead pvp MMO with no players to play with. Having 1 unified server is what keeps this game alive.

Every coin has 2 sides.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • Well, 150 in pvp game is game breaking, at least for me, but i m spoiled old man :D
      Gonna try VPN, but even 100 is not my comfort zone.
      As for the rest what u said, i dont have any statistics on that, so i cant rly argue, there is also possibility that game would flourish if it would get EU server. But thats something u cant rly foretold. I think adding a question : why did u uninstalled game? after some1 does, could help pull up from data in long term. Just as an example, i started this game with my friend, and he uninstalled it after 15 minutes coz he couldnt stand this kind of ping. BTW, was there any official statment of devs about additional server/s? cant find anything.
    • Well, the ping also results on server unsync, so I feel that its a major issue, if it was just like normal game pings i wouldn't say it is an issue but the server sync is something on this game.
      Its very frustrating to be on a ZvZ and you see the server losing sync (you try using spells and they dont go off, you keep running in the same place while you see the rest of the Zerg running normal) then u just get kicked off the game, and when you try to log in there is a message saying "Some one else is logged in that account", then u need to wait 30 seconds, log in and your are dead.
    • hFly wrote:

Yes, that is the case.
      Servers on NA.
      SA and SEA get 200 to 250 ping and this was heavily complained on the forum already.
      SBI seems to not want servers on other regions since this would split the "game population", resulting in an "empty world" after everything they did in recent patches. That would also result on them losing money.
      So 95% chance they wont address this.
      Forgot to adress your last sentence. It seems like everyone is worried about spliting population and dead servers. But just imagine you run some buissnes in real world. You open another shop/studio/firm in other country. Wouldnt that be called "expanding" not "spliting"?
    • DrScamp wrote:

Forgot to adress your last sentence. It seems like everyone is worried about spliting population and dead servers. But just imagine you run some buissnes in real world. You open another shop/studio/firm in other country. Wouldnt that be called "expanding" not "spliting"?
      I'm not worried about it, i'm being realistic.
      Also this analogy isn't exactly correct. They are already present in another country, so its no expanding.

The correct analogy should be a company selling things world wide but where it is produced is like, China, veeery little money into the production, but takes 2 weeks to get to you cause of the production and shipping. Then you start demanding that they should open a factory into your country cause it would get faster to you and you don't need to pay the freight.
      You are still buying so is not like the company will get you as a customer, if they open a business into your country they may get more customers? Maybe, but they will need to pay for the factory and the employees, maybe the country even have high taxes. And its not an Apple, that everyone is a potential customer, its a veeery niche game.

Got it? For them its not a good deal. The same thing is for the servers, yeah the ping will get lower, but if we look at the members, only 10 to 15% of the server is from SA, why would they spend money into a server and split it just to make the ping better for guys from SA? The game is made to have around this amount of players, that is, hideouts, zvz, territories, resources, dungeons.
      Everything is made for around 10~50k players online at the same time. Try logging in to the test server, that's what it would be to have splited servers. You rarely found anybody, around 50p into the cities, all resources are there to be claimed, all mobs, all dungeons, you can even share the Statics because there wouldn't be many players to be worried about. PVP would pratically die, because you wouldn't find anyone.
    • hFly wrote:

DrScamp wrote:

Got it? For them its not a good deal. The same thing is for the servers, yeah the ping will get lower, but if we look at the members, only 10 to 15% of the server is from SA, why would they spend money into a server and split it just to make the ping better for guys from SA?
      Im courious, how many ppls are from EU? and where did u find that data that 15% are from SA? Could u link your source plz, i want to look into it.