Corrupted Dungeon - Crystals health

• Obelis wrote:

This is something we'll be keeping a close eye on post-launch. We have very specific goals in mind for this and manipulating the health values of crystals on a per difficulty basis is one of the easiest ways we can influence that.
      I don’t mind the crystal health. Some players my not want to pvp however being the emphasis on these dungeons is 1v1 why are the mobs worth substantially more infamy then players. Why not put a large penalty on destroying crystals say -250 infamy per crystal destroyed and a 500 infamy bonus for players killed. I’ve put in about four hours into corrupted dungeons on the test server and 1/5th of my invades were lost to players destroying crystals(lol). Keep your in rats in the low loot infamy and promote pvp with a ingame design sounds win win to me
    • Cronder wrote:

Some players my not want to pvp however being the emphasis on these dungeons is 1v1 why are the mobs worth substantially more infamy then players.
      Because all players start at zero so the system hasn't had enough time to develop yet. Infamy from mobs is static, while infamy from players is a percentage of their pool. As you get further up in infamy the mobs become insignificant, while a big kill is worth much, much more.

That won't happen at first as the pool of available infamy has to have time to grow. :)
    • Cronder wrote:

Perfect I’m glad to hear that part however this is finally content a lot of us solo players have been waiting for and getting kicked out of 80% of my invades will get old real fast and I’ll go back to taking my chances 1v3 in our “solo” dungeons
      That's the highest priority issue for the Corrupted Dungeon team right now and we hope to have it fixed soon. We'll post when it's resolved.
    • The main point of these 1v1 gates is pvp with pve being a secondary.
      If I want to fame farm I can just do the normal solo gates (even safely specially after updating the gates to close behind players after x time)

If I'm facing someone and their chances of winning is 0% because I counter them in everyway I would be fine with them leaving the hellgate but with them losing (and me gaining) the same amount of infamy they would if they died.

So if that person is a rat doing these gates just for the loot, they get penalized everytime they evade a fight. (Given that low infamy = bad loot, which kills the reason of ratting). And ofc I gain more infamy and desbite not getting the evader's gearset, I get their infamy which would result in better loot and higher chances of facing equally good players with similar high infamy afterwards.

The post was edited 2 times, last by DeathMaestro ().

• I would suggest they remove the ability to banish altogether from corrupted dungeons. Players can fame farm in SRDs if they want PvE. Corrupted is about PvP. Anything that goes against PvP such as banishing and extended fight evading should be addressed. I would also suggest after 5 minutes of evasion both parties are ported to a small fight circle area so no more running can occur. After someone dies the reduced fight locked area would open so the winner can finish up if needed.
    • Tabor wrote:

I would suggest they remove the ability to banish altogether from corrupted dungeons. Players can fame farm in SRDs if they want PvE. Corrupted is about PvP. Anything that goes against PvP such as banishing and extended fight evading should be addressed. I would also suggest after 5 minutes of evasion both parties are ported to a small fight circle area so no more running can occur. After someone dies the reduced fight locked area would open so the winner can finish up if needed.
      The crystal is an interesting mechanic that i do like and tbf there are some builds that will be complete counters in which some players will feel cheated if someone brings a complete counter to there gearset. However I do have the fear of being kidnapped in the dungeon if the punishment is too high. I'd have to say a 15min timer if crystals aren't destroyed(with double the infamy loss to punish wasting time).
    • @Obelis do you feel you guys will have the easy mode banishing issue fixed before the 12th? This will give a ton of players a horrible taste in their mouth who have been waiting for solo PvP for 3 years to instead get rats running in circles using a few auto attacks to avoid PvP without ANY punishment for fight dodging.

I think in general these dungeons have potential as they are quick access to solo PvP content. The rewards seem like they will be decent, the environment factors is another interesting piece to fights, the ability to just jump into the next one after final boss is great.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tabor ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

You don't have to run away from rats because they're the runners who want to destroy the crystals and farm in safety.
      And what's wrong with that? I'll be looking for the safest builds.
      What difference does it make to run 10 bodies in 4.0 looking for collectibles or use game mechanics. There is no balance here and there will be no balance, because they will have to re-create the game.

This is a rat simulator.
    • I have to agree, if someone needs to leave a 1v1 because the other player hard counters them or they are a rat, the crystals are a good mechanism.

However the person leaving, should loose the infamy they would have lost should they die and the person remaining gets that infamy.
      [LAT] ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/
    • Instead of messing with the health values you should consider spawning the crystals after a certain amount of time instead of instantly. That gives the invader time to get their bearings after getting spawned in by clearing mobs in their vicinity and start making their way around the dungeon to look for the defender.
      It would also make the defender try to predict the invaders movements to try to avoid them until the crystals spawns which expands the level of strategy to banishing someone.

I'd say spawn the crystals after 1 or 2 minutes after the invasion happens.

That is my two cents on the problem.
    • If there is a penalty for destroying crystals, then what is the point of players not playing like rats? Everyone will play hit and run or use the game's curves.

The mechanics are the best on the test server at the moment. Players can escape from pvp, or they can fight. This is fair.

But if you make fines, then the attackers. They fall into someone else's dungeon, cannot kill the player and lose infamy. Or what are the advantages of an honest defense then?