[Satchel of Insight] Why would i use a high tier bag if i can just use tomes?

• [Satchel of Insight] Why would i use a high tier bag if i can just use tomes?

For 2.4 silver per fame i can just buy a tome (27k silver for 10k fame)?

The way it is now low level bags makes more sense than high tier.

Just make it fixed the fame/silver value, just adjust the fame rewarded.

OR

Remove the huge ammount of tomes dropping from chests (OW chests and Castle Chests) so that the tomes regain some value and the satchets are worth it.
    • Why would you guys remove consistent silver for new players (tomes of insight) for some stupid bag. The implications would be grim if the loot is terrible (it usually is) the tomes of insight are where the profit/consistency are at.

Dislike both ideas.
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • first of all because the market price of tome is not fixed.
      Right now fame to silver ratio is lower for the satchels, plus its likely that tomes will become more expensive.

you are assuming that tomes doesnt change in price, which i believe is a basic flaw in your argumentation.

its like saying, why buy a t6 rune, when i can just buy 5 cheap t5 runes and transmute them.

its all about the market price
    • Sinatra.SUN wrote:

first of all because the market price of tome is not fixed.
      Right now fame to silver ratio is lower for the satchels, plus its likely that tomes will become more expensive.

you are assuming that tomes doesnt change in price, which i believe is a basic flaw in your argumentation.

its like saying, why buy a t6 rune, when i can just buy 5 cheap t5 runes and transmute them.

it's not a flaw if you pay attention to my second suggestion, which is reduce/remove the tomes from OW and Castle chests to add some value to tomes to make sense using the satchet.
    • I think that the bags should at least give consistent rates of fame per silver through the tiers, or even have better ratios the higher the tier since the player will have to risk more in equips to yield it in a dungeon.

I like the idea of the bags, they remove silver from game which helps to control inflation, but the way they are now, its better to buy tomes that it is to risk a expensive bag in some dungeon
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Sinatra.SUN wrote:

first of all because the market price of tome is not fixed.

it's not a flaw if you pay attention to my second suggestion, which is reduce/remove the tomes from OW and Castle chests to add some value to tomes to make sense using the satchet.
      I doubt that the price of the tomes of insight is influenced by supply much. They were much more expensive before the satchels were introduced. They are used by players who know how to calculate fame/silver efficiency and have money to quickly gain skill masteries. Before the satchels were introduced, they were the only way to gain fame for money so the price was determined by the demand and supply, or rather between the balance of how hard it was to gain fame vs how hard it was to gain silver. Now the price for the tomes should (theoretically) never be cheaper than the ratio the satchels provide (since people would indeed just buy them from the market) and people who do care about silver efficiency will not use tomes much above the ratio of the satchels. So the price should fluctuate around this ratio.

There are also people who do not calculate anything and drop off tomes at the current lowest price and people who use satchels without actually taking into account that they pay considerable amount of silver for the fame. So those are extra distubances for the price. Basically, the price can be expected to stay at about the ratio of the cheapest satchels.

Regarding the suggestion to descrease / remove the tome drops, I do not like it and would rather have satchels removed. Tomes are obtained by players and traded between players, that adds to the player-driven economy. Satchels are not, they are developer-determined ratio of silver to fame and the silver disappears into the game, with no interaction with players altogether. That is not fun.
    • First, Tomes are a convenience item, meaning you, in the safety of town, can buy a massive amount of tomes and fame up a weapon/armor in safety. Where the satchels require you to put in time, and maybe even risk to get fame. So comparing the two items is pointless, and you should get more value from the satchel, because they require more effort.

Second, the efficiency argument comes down to convenience again, which is the convenience of time. Higher tier bag, while costing more silver per fame, so your fame efficiency is lower, require less time for the same amount of fame. So you're essentially trading your time and silver to obtain x amount of fame. Which one you pay more of is your choice, but to say to the T8 bag is not as efficient as the T4 is very misleading, and close minded.
    • Not keen on them reducing the tomb rates.

When I FF, I have a satchel on and once finished, I consume the tombs I have gathered.

For me, PvE in this game couldn't get any more boring and therefore the Satchel and Tombs are the fastest way to skill something up.

If you dont like the satchel, heres a novel idea, DONT USE IT, instead of trying to change the game to suit your play style.
      ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/