Solo Dungeons closing in red & black zones

• Solo Dungeons closing in red & black zones

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Solo Randomized Dungeons in red and black zones now behave like those in blue and yellow zones, and will close their portals a set amount of time after the last person enters

Closing red and black zone dungeons after you enter them will be a horrible change. Finding a dungeon that was being cleared added excitement to Fame farming. It broke up what would sometimes be a monotonous task. I'm not a fan of fame farming being so little risk.

Closing red/black zone dungeons also means there is no reason everyone shouldn't just do T8 dungeons. Theres no risk. Just enter the dungeon and stay by the entrance for a minute until you know you're safe. If someone enters you can run out. If a minute passes you can proceed with clearing the dungeon.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ophill ().

• Ophill wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Solo Randomized Dungeons in red and black zones now behave like those in blue and yellow zones, and will close their portals a set amount of time after the last person enters

Closing red and black zone dungeons after you enter them will be a horrible change. Finding a dungeon that was being cleared added excitement to Fame farming. It broke up what would sometimes be a monotonous task. I'm not a fan of fame farming being so little risk.
      Yeah, I enjoyed getting dived in Red Zone SRDs as I loved fighting back and usually winning.

Some will hate this change, but many, many will love it. I'd have rather it remained as is.

However, I guess my stash of T8 maps will now increase in value.
    • While fighting in solo dungeons could sometimes become getting dove by 5+ people, in my experience its usually 1-3 and is basically the only way to get genuine open world pvp as a solo/duo player. This change is so far off of what the original vision for the game was and will effectively remove solo/duo pvp content from the black zone. If dungeons in the roads of avalon behave similarly I fear this is the last I'll play Albion as I was never a huge fan of instanced pvp. (Not that I think its bad for the game, I'm sure Ill give corrupted dungeons a go and hellgates have been fun as well) The main thing is I don't want those examples of instanced pvp to be my only option solo. If this change is set in stone I would ask that in the future new content be added to allow for smaller scale open world pvp again, whether it be in the form of faction warfare or otherwise.

For the record I spend all my time in the game either solo or duo inside solo dungeons as 99% of my play is just doing small gang content with the one other guy I know who still plays. We get tons of 2v2 2v3 and 2v4 as we farm solo dungeons and it keeps the experience from being boring especially in t8 zones. I am not a 5+ person dungeon diver whining about this change as I cant even remember the last time I was in a party larger than 3 that wasn't to do an avalonian.
    • I agree this is a bad move. No Risk Red and Black Zone Dungeons? I posted a similar concern when they did this with Yellow and Blue (because it is No Risk Faction Points), but in this case it is just ridiculous. No risk of being dived? What? Please reconsider this. On the bright side, if they do go through with it, I will be able to scratch 8.3 Solo Dungeon off my Albion Bucket List. Since I won't have any risk of being dove after spending the money on the map.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

I agree this is a bad move. No Risk Red and Black Zone Dungeons? I posted a similar concern when they did this with Yellow and Blue (because it is No Risk Faction Points), but in this case it is just ridiculous. No risk of being dived? What? Please reconsider this. On the bright side, if they do go through with it, I will be able to scratch 8.3 Solo Dungeon off my Albion Bucket List. Since I won't have any risk of being dove after spending the money on the map.
      Isn´t it how it is now anyway ? People bringing scouts to group and even solo dungeons. There really isnt much of a point to diving now. Even if you dive, people bring 2 or even 3 people.

I would however appreciate if instead of making black zone more of a safe zone, sbi would add more risk, but well - *shrugs*
    • I am pretty sure the change is due to the growing player base, and the lack of availability of full Dungeons as a result of the population increase. I highly doubt they would put this change in for Care Bear purposes. I still don't like the change though. It would effectively end one of my PKing gimmicks. I don't really mind that part of it, but as a whole, removing the risk makes it no fun. Red and Black zones should be dangerous.

If the reason for the change is because of scouts, then just do something about scouts. As I mentioned in the 'Dungeon Scout' thread that I no longer follow, just make it so you can't enter the Black Zone unless you have either 1,000,000 Mob Fame or a specific amount of Gather Fame. This will keep characters with names like 'GankPrevention' and 'ScoutyMcScout' (both real player names btw) out of the Black Zone. Someone who has already played the game will have to do the scouting from now on, and that person will likely not want to and would rather be in on the actual fun.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Blenfjorn ().

• ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Considering you often get dived by 3+ players, I do believe this change is pretty decent. Diving will become harder but still possible.
      Only if you are doing something REALLY wrong
      1 extra minute per dungeon to have 100% safetiness is completely braindead. I can more or lessa accept it in red zones.... but even black zones are joining the carebearness?
      What do you mean? Try running a T8 dungeon and you'll see what I'm talking about.
      Let people farm fame and cash, let people have a little fun in the black zones. All the loot and silver will come back to the community.