Solo Dungeons closing in red & black zones

• We can clearly see that Albion is being watered-down and made "politically correct" to attract new players and make new players' lives easier. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about this since in our day and age, everything has to be "politically correct" and diving players while they are leveling does not seem as such.

I would guess that whoever came up with the idea of other players being able to kill you while you are leveling and PVEing is either a genius or it was an oversight or an accident. This idea is so foreign and abnormal to all other games that it is simply brilliant. It is brilliant because it breaks up the levelers/PVErs mundate activity and safety and gives them real emotion. Nobody would allow a mixing of PVP and PVE content in our era of games because it is too vicious. And yet in Albion someone spit on the entire idea of political correctness and created something so unique and never seen in our era that became an entire class of content (since Ultima Online when gank squads would decimate static dungeons). If you read the comments to this thread, I would say that 70% of them are for diving and 30% are against. You can feel people's pain that diving is being removed. And believe me SBI, people will vote with their dollars as they always do. The 70% of people who are for diving just in this thread alone are a fraction of those that will vote with their dollars who don't go to the forums to voice their disapproval. So once you implement that 1 or 2 minute rule for SRD portals, you should be measuring how many active subscriptions you lose.

We can see that this game is moving toward family friendly content and away from the class of gamers that have been paying SBI's salaries and expenses up to this point - the hardcore bloodthirsty killers that came for the full loot and non-consensual PVP. The issue of the 1 or 2 minute SRD timer will be made worse by the fact that the Roads of Avalon have portals to the royal continent (blue/yellow zones) everywhere. We can clearly see that SBI wants to make black zones almost completely safe. Now you won't be able to dive anyone and you won't be able to gank anyone.

This is likely due to some personnel changes at SBI or a shift in their mindset in the hunt for more profits. They are justified in thinking that a watered-down family friendly game will attract more new players in the short term. But guess what happens to new players after they become experienced players? They get bored. They lose interest. They lack a challenge. There is no exciting content. It's all just the same mundane activity. Guess what's gonna happen once all those new players are fully specced in their politically correct risk-free bubble safe zones? They will become the bloodthirsty killers craving content, plankton, victims. They will become the gankers and divers. But oh wait, no more diving due to the portals disappearing? Oh wait, no more ganking because we have Roads of Avalon blue/yellow portals on every corner? Guess what these players are gonna do then? Stop paying subscriptions. Stop playing the game. So what SBI is doing is a double edged sword - they will gain a few more newer players but they will lose a lot more older players that will simply not be able to find the kind of engagement that they had in this game before all these changes.

If you don't like dying in black zones or getting dove, guess what buddy? You have YELLOW ZONES. You can spend the rest of your insignificantly little life doing yellow zone SRDs to get that 100 spec since it's 4 times slower than going into a BZ. But oh wait, you won't have to do that anymore, since SBI is catering specifically to your little pathetic self and making black zones equivalent to yellow zones. Yippe, rejoice little man! But once you become a big 100 spec man, you will crave content, but that content won't be there anymore.

Corrupted dungeons are not the answer to the problem of people wanting diving content. Corrupted dungeons are structured content. Structured content always loses out to sandbox content in terms of engagement. These are structured by the developers and allow the very easy possibility of banishing the invader (too easy judging by the current comments). So there will not be any more fights to the death, last man standing, it will just all be skip run skip. Corrupted dungeons are also not sandbox content because there is a queuing system, so they are not open world like SRDs. So there is no "hunting of humans" because you simply get in a queue to get your fill of SBI structured content. You don't spend hours on end running around the open world, avoiding groups of gankers, popping into every single SRD that you see in the hopes that somebody may be in there, with your heart pounding that perhaps this SRD will give you that 1 on 1 PVP encounter that you are desperately searching for. None of that anymore sirs, just get in line/queue like a good citizen, have your fill of structured content envisioned for you by the SBI developers and sit down and shut up.

But diving will remain in the Roads of Avalon, they say! The portals don't disappear after 1 minute (YET). And who's to say that it will remain that way? Judging by the current direction of Albion, even those portals will start disappearing eventually. And these portals are much rarer than solo RDs, and there are exits to blue/yellow zones everywhere, so if you want to dive those, you are going to spend even more hours running around mazes, avoiding groups of gankers, just to have your victim A out and run to the blue zone portal with a bubble. I foresee lots of exciting content here, much engagement, very wow PVP for seasoned players.

If SBI is serious about listening to the crybabies and catering their game to what the actual players want, then they would see that the issue is not diving itself, the issue is that the people getting dove are (very rarely) outnumbered, or low on HP or don't have CD. The solution to this is to not remove the diving content entirely, it is to fix those issues. The solution is a forced duel mode inside the SRD. This makes it completely fair to both the diver and the victim, because then there are no more excuses of "Oh but I didn't have one of my CDs! Oh I had only 90% HP!". The system as it is now requires much more strategy and forethought in doing SRDs. You have to always keep your HP and mana and CD up because you can get dove at any moment. This makes the game more engaging. But SBI's dictats will not allow such strategizing anymore, it is of course too much to ask newer players to use cabbage soup or invis pots to regenerate their HP and CDs, now we have to give them a completely safe zone where they can go AFK for 30 minutes IN A BLACK ZONE and have no consequences.

I spend 99.9% of my time in the black zones. I rarely dive any usually I am the one getting dove. My guild is fairly large and we have an HO in a T7 zone only 2 zones from the city portal. I can go SRDs ALL DAY without getting dove. But I can also get dove 3 or 4 times a day. And I lose my juicy T5/6 gear. But do I stop going to SRDs just because I got dove? No, because the reward outweighs the risk. I get a lot more loot and fame if I just keep doing SRDs despite losing my equipment. T5/6 equipment is peanuts, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't even be in a black zone. Your place is in the yellow zones, my friends. Those were created specifically for you, please do enjoy your politically correct safety there.
    • Psyopy wrote:

We can clearly see that Albion is being watered-down and made "politically correct" to attract new players and make new players' lives easier. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about this since in our day and age, everything has to be "politically correct" and diving players while they are leveling does not seem as such.

I would guess that whoever came up with the idea of other players being able to kill you while you are leveling and PVEing is either a genius or it was an oversight or an accident. This idea is so foreign and abnormal to all other games that it is simply brilliant. It is brilliant because it breaks up the levelers/PVErs mundate activity and safety and gives them real emotion. Nobody would allow a mixing of PVP and PVE content in our era of games because it is too vicious. And yet in Albion someone spit on the entire idea of political correctness and created something so unique and never seen in our era that became an entire class of content (since Ultima Online when gank squads would decimate static dungeons). If you read the comments to this thread, I would say that 70% of them are for diving and 30% are against. You can feel people's pain that diving is being removed. And believe me SBI, people will vote with their dollars as they always do. The 70% of people who are for diving just in this thread alone are a fraction of those that will vote with their dollars who don't go to the forums to voice their disapproval. So once you implement that 1 or 2 minute rule for SRD portals, you should be measuring how many active subscriptions you lose.

We can see that this game is moving toward family friendly content and away from the class of gamers that have been paying SBI's salaries and expenses up to this point - the hardcore bloodthirsty killers that came for the full loot and non-consensual PVP. The issue of the 1 or 2 minute SRD timer will be made worse by the fact that the Roads of Avalon have portals to the royal continent (blue/yellow zones) everywhere. We can clearly see that SBI wants to make black zones almost completely safe. Now you won't be able to dive anyone and you won't be able to gank anyone.

This is likely due to some personnel changes at SBI or a shift in their mindset in the hunt for more profits. They are justified in thinking that a watered-down family friendly game will attract more new players in the short term. But guess what happens to new players after they become experienced players? They get bored. They lose interest. They lack a challenge. There is no exciting content. It's all just the same mundane activity. Guess what's gonna happen once all those new players are fully specced in their politically correct risk-free bubble safe zones? They will become the bloodthirsty killers craving content, plankton, victims. They will become the gankers and divers. But oh wait, no more diving due to the portals disappearing? Oh wait, no more ganking because we have Roads of Avalon blue/yellow portals on every corner? Guess what these players are gonna do then? Stop paying subscriptions. Stop playing the game. So what SBI is doing is a double edged sword - they will gain a few more newer players but they will lose a lot more older players that will simply not be able to find the kind of engagement that they had in this game before all these changes.

If you don't like dying in black zones or getting dove, guess what buddy? You have YELLOW ZONES. You can spend the rest of your insignificantly little life doing yellow zone SRDs to get that 100 spec since it's 4 times slower than going into a BZ. But oh wait, you won't have to do that anymore, since SBI is catering specifically to your little pathetic self and making black zones equivalent to yellow zones. Yippe, rejoice little man! But once you become a big 100 spec man, you will crave content, but that content won't be there anymore.

Corrupted dungeons are not the answer to the problem of people wanting diving content. Corrupted dungeons are structured content. Structured content always loses out to sandbox content in terms of engagement. These are structured by the developers and allow the very easy possibility of banishing the invader (too easy judging by the current comments). So there will not be any more fights to the death, last man standing, it will just all be skip run skip. Corrupted dungeons are also not sandbox content because there is a queuing system, so they are not open world like SRDs. So there is no "hunting of humans" because you simply get in a queue to get your fill of SBI structured content. You don't spend hours on end running around the open world, avoiding groups of gankers, popping into every single SRD that you see in the hopes that somebody may be in there, with your heart pounding that perhaps this SRD will give you that 1 on 1 PVP encounter that you are desperately searching for. None of that anymore sirs, just get in line/queue like a good citizen, have your fill of structured content envisioned for you by the SBI developers and sit down and shut up.

But diving will remain in the Roads of Avalon, they say! The portals don't disappear after 1 minute (YET). And who's to say that it will remain that way? Judging by the current direction of Albion, even those portals will start disappearing eventually. And these portals are much rarer than solo RDs, and there are exits to blue/yellow zones everywhere, so if you want to dive those, you are going to spend even more hours running around mazes, avoiding groups of gankers, just to have your victim A out and run to the blue zone portal with a bubble. I foresee lots of exciting content here, much engagement, very wow PVP for seasoned players.

If SBI is serious about listening to the crybabies and catering their game to what the actual players want, then they would see that the issue is not diving itself, the issue is that the people getting dove are (very rarely) outnumbered, or low on HP or don't have CD. The solution to this is to not remove the diving content entirely, it is to fix those issues. The solution is a forced duel mode inside the SRD. This makes it completely fair to both the diver and the victim, because then there are no more excuses of "Oh but I didn't have one of my CDs! Oh I had only 90% HP!". The system as it is now requires much more strategy and forethought in doing SRDs. You have to always keep your HP and mana and CD up because you can get dove at any moment. This makes the game more engaging. But SBI's dictats will not allow such strategizing anymore, it is of course too much to ask newer players to use cabbage soup or invis pots to regenerate their HP and CDs, now we have to give them a completely safe zone where they can go AFK for 30 minutes IN A BLACK ZONE and have no consequences.

I spend 99.9% of my time in the black zones. I rarely dive any usually I am the one getting dove. My guild is fairly large and we have an HO in a T7 zone only 2 zones from the city portal. I can go SRDs ALL DAY without getting dove. But I can also get dove 3 or 4 times a day. And I lose my juicy T5/6 gear. But do I stop going to SRDs just because I got dove? No, because the reward outweighs the risk. I get a lot more loot and fame if I just keep doing SRDs despite losing my equipment. T5/6 equipment is peanuts, if you can't afford it, you shouldn't even be in a black zone. Your place is in the yellow zones, my friends. Those were created specifically for you, please do enjoy your politically correct safety there.
      there is one mistake in..

The people that might drop and stop pay is experienced PvP players.

These are uninteresting commercially...

Because they pay with silver they made

Gold comes from the noobs..

So on short term, I can completely support and understand the decision.

It makes a lot of sense in cash out scenarios maximizing revenue short term.

If this is good for longevity, who knows. But who knowadys in leading position thinks longer as 6 months usually..
    • In Blues and Yellows closing them is fine after 1 minute, in Red zones you could have a longer timer perhaps - 5 minutes?

The crux of the matter is that the Black Zone should always be anything goes, so just leave that area without a timer. If you want the bigger fame and rewards there needs to be risks attached to going in the BZ and a full width of play options.

If you are content to gain at a slower pace without risks - then the yellow zones are for you.

I see it as exactly the same issue as WoW had when all of the players who didn't raid kicked off because they couldn't get the rewards that Raiding Guilds could. That went south quickly when implemented and as Joannadark said - ''If everyone is a hero - no-one is'.

Don't make the mistakes that Blizzard made @Korn - keep the black zones as a mean gritty anything goes area with no safety except friendships and clever play.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • I see alot of people complaining about the lack of pvp if this goes live but i think alot of people are forgetting what they are trying to achieve here.

Lets talk about myself.
      I myself would say i am mostly a PVE player. I recently got back into the game and need to farm fame. I tried red(to much activity didn't find this profitable got killed to much). In black i got killed aswell but my profit was higher then the deaths so i had a net profit. I would say its even a bit higher then what i earn in the yellow zones.

But the black zones have a few problems for me at the moment that makes me often prefer yellow zones.
      *The risk of getting dived is for me still quite high so i have to store the loot i get more often (more travel time=less profit)
      *I can't afk somewhere for 5-10mins i would have to go back to the portal (very inconvenient) for some people this is less of a problem cause they got access to a hideout but i don't. With the new change i can afk in a dungeon. So when i go into black i dont have to "reserve" at least an hour.
      *I don't like that i have to pay attention so much when i'm doing a PVE solo dungeon in black. All to increase my chances of surviving when getting dived. While all the while being in a disadvantageous position.
      *I prefer to be killed on my horse instead of in the dungeon this gives me at least more of a fighting chance. And it's the moment when i am actively paying attention. It's not even worth it for me at the moment to invest in a good horse cause most of my deaths are in the dungeons.
      *I don't like that the best defense is a quick clear. So that the divers have less chance to catch up. This gives a big disadvantage for lower spec people and certain builds while i might just want to level other builds.

So for me this change mostly likely means. You would see me more in the black zones then you see me now. Giving the "gankers" that try to kill people on a horse an extra target. Even the ganking of dungeons is not completely gone it still takes what i've read 60 seconds to close. For people that want to 1 vs 1 consistently they are introducing corrupted dungeons.

I personally think its a good change that tries to make the black and red zones more attractive for people doing dungeons now in yellow zones. Which in turn could increases the people in the blacks and red zones which only helps the pvp aspect.
    • Hendriks wrote:

I see alot of people complaining about the lack of pvp if this goes live but i think alot of people are forgetting what they are trying to achieve here.

Lets talk about myself.
      I myself would say i am mostly a PVE player. I recently got back into the game and need to farm fame. I tried red(to much activity didn't find this profitable got killed to much). In black i got killed aswell but my profit was higher then the deaths so i had a net profit. I would say its even a bit higher then what i earn in the yellow zones.

But the black zones have a few problems for me at the moment that makes me often prefer yellow zones.
      *The risk of getting dived is for me still quite high so i have to store the loot i get more often (more travel time=less profit)
      *I can't afk somewhere for 5-10mins i would have to go back to the portal (very inconvenient) for some people this is less of a problem cause they got access to a hideout but i don't. With the new change i can afk in a dungeon. So when i go into black i dont have to "reserve" at least an hour.
      *I don't like that i have to pay attention so much when i'm doing a PVE solo dungeon in black. All to increase my chances of surviving when getting dived. While all the while being in a disadvantageous position.
      *I prefer to be killed on my horse instead of in the dungeon this gives me at least more of a fighting chance. And it's the moment when i am actively paying attention. It's not even worth it for me at the moment to invest in a good horse cause most of my deaths are in the dungeons.
      *I don't like that the best defense is a quick clear. So that the divers have less chance to catch up. This gives a big disadvantage for lower spec people and certain builds while i might just want to level other builds.

So for me this change mostly likely means. You would see me more in the black zones then you see me now. Giving the "gankers" that try to kill people on a horse an extra target. Even the ganking of dungeons is not completely gone it still takes what i've read 60 seconds to close. For people that want to 1 vs 1 consistently they are introducing corrupted dungeons.

I personally think its a good change that tries to make the black and red zones more attractive for people doing dungeons now in yellow zones. Which in turn could increases the people in the blacks and red zones which only helps the pvp aspect.
      so little knowledge but a big oppinion

Let's see

So u need to afk in BZ and don't want ride back

-- the knowledge player would simply after dungeon log out - takes 60 seconds ..

The risk of getting dived to be lowered by clearspeed u don't like?

--the knowledge player that wants 100% safe farm in BZ simply runs to final boss and starts farm reverse. Ganker is at disadvantage, u simply drop agro and wait for half dead dive - if one ever comes

That was all of u issues?

And for that we destroy the core principle of risk vs reward in Bz

Welp!
    • Reef wrote:

Hendriks wrote:

You would see me more in the black zones then you see me now
      Are you sure you are so needed in BZ with 0% risk to be forced to PVP?
      Glad to know i can't die in the BZ.

Hollywoodi wrote:

Hendriks wrote:

I see alot of people complaining about the lack of pvp if this goes live but i think alot of people are forgetting what they are trying to achieve here.

Lets talk about myself.

so little knowledge but a big oppinion
      Let's see

So u need to afk in BZ and don't want ride back

-- the knowledge player would simply after dungeon log out - takes 60 seconds ..

The risk of getting dived to be lowered by clearspeed u don't like?

--the knowledge player that wants 100% safe farm in BZ simply runs to final boss and starts farm reverse. Ganker is at disadvantage, u simply drop agro and wait for half dead dive - if one ever comes

That was all of u issues?

And for that we destroy the core principle of risk vs reward in Bz

Welp!
      *Yes when i need to make something to eat for example it would be nice to be able to afk for 5 mins in a srd. Is it necessary? No. Just something that i prefer yellow zones for when im farming fame(what i stated above the points).

*If you log out inside a dungeon it takes 300 seconds not 60. Outside it takes 60 seconds.

*I expressed the dislike that doing a dungeon in the bz with a bad build and bad spec increases the risks by huge margin cause you "take" to long. So forcing certain builds and specs. I think it would be nicer if the risk would be decided on other ways.

*Running to the boss and then clearing backwards doesn't seem time efficient.

*Glad to know we destroy the risk vs reward in bz with this change. Seems like i missed something where i suddenly can't die in the BZ.
    • Hendriks wrote:

I myself would say i am mostly a PVE player. I recently got back into the game and need to farm fame. In black i got killed aswell but my profit was higher then the deaths so i had a net profit. I would say its even a bit higher then what i earn in the yellow zones.
      You are fame farming with profit. That's already good. For me i wouldn't mind to have net loss if fame/hour is good enough.

Hendriks wrote:

Risk of being dived is actually really low. Go further from BZ portals, like 3-4 zones and you will barely encounter anyone, maybe some gatherers.
      Multiple peaple in this topic said that they usually can farm for hours in top tier zones (T8) and have like no PvP action.
      Also There is banks and warcamps where you can store your lot, so there is no need to travel back to the city

Hendriks wrote:

You can AFK as much as you can. Just go out of dungeon. Ride to the edge of the map(so you won't be found there in next minute) and logout(it takes 1 min iirc).

Hendriks wrote:

Why gatherers should pay attention when they gather in black zone?
      Why those one who kill roaming mobs should pay attention?
      Why those who farm solo static dungeons should pay attention?
      And those who farm SRDs SHOULD NOT?

Hendriks wrote:

*I expressed the dislike that doing a dungeon in the bz with a bad build and bad spec increases the risks by huge margin cause you "take" to long. So forcing certain builds and specs. I think it would be nicer if the risk would be decided on other ways.
      *Running to the boss and then clearing backwards doesn't seem time efficient.
      Fast build is not reducing your risk so much. Imo risk is based on total time spend in dungeons, not on time in one particular.
      Players just take efficient builds because, well, they are efficient. No one force you to use whatever you like.
      Risk is decided at the moment you choose where are you goung: yellow, red or black zone.
      Also you want to run unefficient builds, but same time don't want to use "unefficient" rewerse clear?

Hendriks wrote:

So you want to say that you have better chance to whin te fight vs 15 gankers than vs 1-2-3 players that diving you?
      Being smart is a best defence. Like invis potion to reset mobs, refill HP and change gear to fiting/escaping. And going to zone with low population. And, yeah, using efficient build.
      No we won't see you more in BZ, because most of time you will be in those unaccesable instanced SRDs.
      Or you will just find another reason not to go to Outlands, like "There is too much gankers. Can't ride anywhere"
    • I'm against changing solo dungeons

Почему ты так портишь игру? оставьте одиночное подземелье, по крайней мере, в черных зонах, как оно было! это самые опасные зоны, и вы делаете закрытие одиночных подземелий после поворота! это минус контента для дайверов! приди в себя
    • Balancing risk/reward by making solo dungeons safe is WRONG!

developers are confused they are saying it's to "balance the risk/reward" but they refuse to boost the loot in solos (which they have nerfed in past)
      if the loot was less shit
      [4:27 PM]
      it's fine being dived by zergs
      [4:27 PM]
      that used to be the case before korn rekt the black market with silver sink update

Here.

Stop listening to players that need to be held by hand of other players/guild.
      If you intend to "balance the risk/reward" instead of nonsense change with portals disappearing make loot better to make solos actually worth clearing. I would like to say whoever came with the idea of making solos in red_black zone safer has very flawed logic that goes against tradition of this game and their view belongs in a different title without PvP Aspects and will be harmful to the health of the game as majority of players want wild unrestricted PvP as that's what made this game successful not layers of safety mechanics for bad players.

if they are unahappy with popularity of solos they should unfuck the loot
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.

The post was edited 1 time, last by keyfouyr ().

• BPSsama wrote:

Being smart is a best defence. Like invis potion to reset mobs, refill HP and change gear to fiting/escaping. And going to zone with low population. And, yeah, using efficient build.
      being smart ganking with this change. You and other SRD divers want "easymode gank". it isnt about fair pvp, or multifaced pvp or risk-reward importance. All sh*t you are talking about is easymode gank. this is fact.
      Using more cc builds, see ways in maps, closing hideouts and maps doors. Use ur brain.

You are disrespectful to pve players all the time when you call him brainless. You feel that this game is yours alone. Honestly the SBI needs to make this game for everyone and stop this bullshit of considering the yellow player, an idiot. I don't want to end the black zone, but I think they are making an unnecessary mess of it.Besides, if you don't get the expected result, just modify it.

If the SRD is bad for blackzone. An alternative for the solo player PVE, something like HCE. Something that gives more fame than loot.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Creammy ().

• One of the best changes in the update. Finally, the Rat Guilds will stop diving solo players in three. Hunting in the open world as it was none (if you are in a large guild), and will remain (do not play solo in prime time).
      Real solo dungeons and 1v1 pvp will finally give normal players a chance to play. And I hope the developers do not spoil these innovations.

7 days left ...
    • Look at all of the mad ARCH and Bacon players who dive solos with 10 players. This is one of the greatest updates to Albion Online. Now the next greatest update will be when players can queue for hellgates in town. This will be a big boost to consensual PvP. Players don't have to wait or play horse simulator for a true skill-based fight. A lot of skilled-end-game players are tired of the 10-20 man gank parties in 4.0 gear. We want skilled end-game instances where we can 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5.
      Youtube Tametheark
    • Psyopy wrote:

We can clearly see that Albion is being watered-down and made "politically correct" to attract new players and make new players' lives easier. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about this since in our day and age, everything has to be "politically correct" and diving players while they are leveling does not seem as such.

If SBI is serious about listening to the crybabies and catering their game to what the actual players want, then they would see that the issue is not diving itself, the issue is that the people getting dove are (very rarely) outnumbered, or low on HP or don't have CD. The solution to this is to not remove the diving content entirely, it is to fix those issues. The solution is a forced duel mode inside the SRD. forethought in doing SRDs. You have to always keep your HP and mana and CD up because you can get dove at any moment. This makes the game more engaging. But SBI's dictats will not allow such strategizing anymore, it is of course too much to ask newer players to use cabbage soup or invis pots to regenerate their HP and CDs, now we have to give them a completely safe zone where they can go AFK for 30 minutes IN A BLACK ZONE and have no consequences.

So many things to dissect
      • Where's the "made politically correct" part?
      • A forced full-loot PvP is "brilliant"? Under what rock did you live the last two decades or more of PC gaming?
      • A PvE player has to break up his activity which he enjoys and instead is constantly forced to play forced full-loot PvP if he wants decent or even good rates in terms of silver/items/fame?
      • "Too vicious". LOL. There's a reason why games like e.g. WoW offer globally forced PvP as a choice during server select, so that the PvE crowd can PvE in peace
      • I reckon the majority of PvE players are glad to have a short portal CD so they can at least PvE in peace in that SRD. The only PvP crowd who doesn't like that is the "I want to PvP, but I don't want actual PvP like HG or Crystal League, I want to gank low-level, low-HP players" one
      • How large is the playerbase which actually plays the game for the forced PvP part, excluding the HG/Crystal League/ZvZ playerbase and the PvE playerbase. I reckon they're the minority
      • How can you even dare to assume what other people find mundane or not? And isn't the "I gank low-level, low-HP players and call it PvP" the epitome of mundane?
      • Indeed: I do like to choose between only 2 choices of "Forced full-loot PvP with the best loot multiplier in BZ" or "Stay in yellow zones, but enjoy your laughably low fame/silver/items". Real choice there
      • You mean to tell me a 100 specc has "no content" outside of ganking lowbies? Get real
      • Talking about "seasoned (PvP) players" but only within the scope of diving SRDs. So according to you either:
        • Diving SRDs is the only PvP content here is(proven false) or
        • Those "seasoned" players are too bad for actual PvP like HG or Crystal League
      • Labeling other posters "crybabies" will drop your credibility to 0 by default
      • Who is "the actual player"? I can tell you what "the actual" PvE player wants: to PvE in peace, even in BZ, most likely through a PvP-toggle I can turn off whenever I want
      • If you talk about fixing issues the most important fix would be to let PvE players PvE in peace. If you want some kind of duel mode you're getting pretty close to HG, which begs the question: you don't want actual PvP, right? You still want to gank lowbies, as otherwise you can have actual PvP doing HGs or Crystal League, as both modes offer the randomness of who your opponents will be you apparently crave
      • Anecdotal evidence: "Look, I barely get dove, so everything is fine". "And if you're not in a big guild with a hideout to easily flee to or drop items or play solo: too bad"
      • Ah yes, the good old "If you can't afford T4/5/6" gear you shouldn't be near BZ, the majority of the landmass which Albion Online is made of and which also offers the highest amount of silver/fame/items". Until which point will you keep that farce up?
        • Only if someone has 10 throw-away sets of T4 is he allowed to play in BZ?
        • Only he if only runs around in a group?
        • Only if he has 50+ spec before even thinking about leaving yellow zones?
        • etc.

Your scope is pretty obvious: you want to keep your "mundane" PvP mode of ganking low-level, low-HP players in SRDs while calling it PvP, as you won't touch any of the other PvP modes for unknown or rather speculated reasons.

Considering that wall of text you were unsurprisingly neither precise, nor coherent, nor even remotely capable of looking at the issue from the PoV of a PvE player.
      You need detention for a at least several months.

FYI: I had to short your quote due to the 10k character limit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lofthild ().

• yiconomics wrote:

Look at all of the mad ARCH and Bacon players who dive solos with 10 players. This is one of the greatest updates to Albion Online. Now the next greatest update will be when players can queue for hellgates in town. This will be a big boost to consensual PvP. Players don't have to wait or play horse simulator for a true skill-based fight. A lot of skilled-end-game players are tired of the 10-20 man gank parties in 4.0 gear. We want skilled end-game instances where we can 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5.
      I reckon the skilled PvP players do want more modes of actual PvP with no HG rattting/having 100 swaps available etc. - but the majority of the PvP players will still prefer the easy and low-effort kind of "I gank low-level, low-HP players" by diving SRDs in a group or camping tile entry/exit points.
    • The thing is @Lofthild - is that Albion is a PvP game based on risk reward. So if you don't want to risk the red or black zones - then your reward is less as it should be. The black zone should be anything goes at all times. There should never be a toggle because if you want to PvE you have zones that allow you to do that, with lesser rewards.

PvE players you are claiming want to have the rewards of the black zone, but at the risk of the blue zone.

This isn't that game my friend.

You can PvE in peace, in the blue and yellow zones. so that option is there. But if you want the same rewards as the players who are willing to play in the PvP game, then you too - have to play that game.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • Barathorn wrote:

PvE players you are claiming want to have the rewards of the black zone, but at the risk of the blue zone.
      cmon guy. A closing SRD in Blackzone isnt risk of bluezone. Blackzone will remain pvp. Stop lying to yourself.

Players will still have to take their loot to town riding for blackzone. If you're smart, catch them on the way.From the way the brave gankers talk about it seems that SBI is creating an option that will teleport the SRD player to the city by pressing the B button or with the town portal scroll.
    • I am just going to repost this here:

Korn wrote:

With Albion Online, our goal is to create a hardcore Sandbox MMORPG with full loot PvP and a fully player driven economy.

There have been many games like this in the past, such Mortal Online or Darkfall, that have not managed to maintain high population numbers. And once population is too low, even the hardcore players tend to leave as the game feels empty to them.

In this post, we want to share our view on the topic of hardcore vs casual players in Sandbox MMORPG games, and present our vision on how to make Albion Online a great game that will be there for the long term.

1. Symbiosis between "carebear" and hardcore players in Sandbox MMORPGs

The most successful hardcore Sandbox MMORPG of this day is without doubt Eve Online. Yet, in Eve Online, the vast majority of players play in the equivalent of Albion's green zone (high-sec) most of the time. Sounds like a contradiction? So should Eve Online "abolish high sec" and allow free PvP everywhere, like other games do?
      Of course not. The fact of the matter is that huge number of safe-zone players actually provides the fundamental basis for the game's hardcore PvP elements to work. How?
      • Safe zone players create a lot of supply and demand for the player driven market
      • Safe zone players tend not to lose a lot of gear. At some point, they might have too much. What do do with too much gear that you can afford to lose? PvP!
      • Many players who initially start out playing it safe will graduate to PvP later on. However, this only happens if they stay in the game long enough in the first place
      • Safe zone players add and activity to the world.
      A strong safe-zone foundation in a hardcore sandbox MMORPG will literally spawn an endless and lasting amount of hardcore play and PvP. If you take that foundation away - or do not build it in the first place - the game is not likely to last.

2. Have a great safe zone experience as a strong baseline for the world
      • We want to make sure that the safe zone experience in Albion Online is interesting and challenging enough to keep people hooked for the long term.
      • Of course, this does not mean copying games such as World of Warcraft - that would never be possible nor would we want to do so.
      • Rather, we want to focus on the strengths of Albion Online here: building up your character, gathering and crafting, progressing towards better items, being an active part of the player driven economy, farming, getting your player island, grinding mobs and doing some faction stuff.
      • If the safe zone experience is good, a lot of safe zone players will eventually transition to the red and black zones, join a guild or get involved in PvP.
      • If the safe zone experience is bad, some will still transition, but many will just quit. And as we have stated under 1. above, even those that stay in the safe zone forever still add a benefit to the overall game world and even indirectly support PvP action through their economy contribution.

3. No "forcing" players into PvP

Okay, so you might say: "I agree on point 1. above, but then wouldn't it be great if you forced players to venture into the PvP zones at some point?". The answer to that is no.
      • In general, if you really force a player into some activities that he does not want to do - even though he was quite happy with the stuff which he was already doing - then most likely that player will just quit
      • However, as stated under 1., that player provides a benefit to the overall game world and economy - it much be much better if he stayed even if he'd just stick to "carebear" activities
      • Therefore, we actually want to make sure that there is deep gameplay and lasting fun in all the safe/carebear activities that we provide the players with.
      • Instead of trying to force people into PvP, we actually want to encourge it and provide incentives to do so. See the next point.

4. Encouraging and enabling players to do PvP through top notch open world PvP content, rewards and features

So we are not forcing people to go into PvP. Does this mean that we do not want them to? Of course not. From our point of view, full loot PvP in red zones, fighting over territories, etc is very exciting and we would like for as many people as possible to give it a try. There is a lot of things that we have done in Albion that are helping with this:
      • Balance the economy in such a way that safe/yellow zone players are generally building up a surplus of silver and assets that they can then burn off in PvP zones if they like
      • Provide the best rewards in red and black zones, making sure that there is a strong pull effect towards them
      • Have exciting features and content that are exclusive to PvP zones (territory ownership, GvG fights, enchanting temples, castle fights, etc)
      • Have the yellow zone as a smoth transition between safe zone play and full loot PvP
      • Have our current PvP flagging system, that prevents mindless "kill on sight" if both parties are flagged blue

5. Summary
      • We have zero intention to copy or compete with classical casual/themepark MMORPGs.
      • Our goal is to create the best open world hardcore Sandbox MMORPG with full loot PvP - and we want to make sure that it lasts.
      • Providing a strong safe zone / casual player foundation is crucial to make this work.

If Albion had that strong safe zone foundation as stated under 1. we wouldn't be discussing any of this. Countless people would have started doing the risky content not out of neccessity but because they want to PvP.
      In this game, doing the PvP zone content feels like punishment, not an enjoyment. Otherwise people wouldn't be coming up with means to avoid it (scouts) and SRDs wouldn't be as dead as they are right now.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living