Solo Dungeons closing in red & black zones

• MythEast wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

MythEast wrote:

I came up with this in 5 minutes, but if I had been given more time, I would have come up with something much better.
      It took me 30 seconds to break this though. Bring your buddy = total safety for 10 minutes.
      This is easily remedied by the first blood system. 2nd player will not be able to leave the dungeon if he does not kill the first player and vice versa. Solo dungeons are designed for the earnings of 1 player, and if 2 players are involved at this time, they will receive a waste of time . You can add a penalty for the 2nd player in a solo dungeon, this will provoke pvp. And as a result, we get an ideal system, which is many times better than the fact that the dungeon closes after 1 minute.
      I actually quite like this, Id like to say it'd be cool if solo dungeons were broken up into groups solo duo and trio. That way if you want to play with some friends you can go in as a trio, but the second another party enters no one can leave til someone dies. I think I still prefer some of the other suggestions but I could definitely live with this one.
    • You guys don't understand? The problem was the veterans mini zergs diving too often solo newbies trying leveling.

Everybvody here will have the same content in corrupted dungeons, so why they are angry? i'll tell you why, most of the players here are veterans who want a easy win against nubs.
      Corrupted dungeons will be more fair because they will face each other

But the ppl here don't like fair fights. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • @Korn Existing a few locations with a lot of PVP in SD- Shift Shadow as exemple. A lot of people have a lot of fan in this location im made 1m PVP fame today in Shift Shadow. And now in u game remain only close location for PVP coz hard to find fight , It Suck!

if it will be on live server im and my friends leave u game,sorry but im already canceled my real money sabscribtion, and im near to leave Albion coz u going to kill all i loved in this game(
    • Saccavirano wrote:

Today I got rape by 3ppl in T7 srd, it was lots of fun on the last boss with half hp, I tried to fight back but I couldn't beat 3 player with CD ready and t7 pvp gear, I know I'm a bad player because of this and must have to learn more , someone should teach me how to handle this situation next time?
      Hi, I'm mostly a crafter and a farmer but I started running SRD recently to fill my free time.
      Because I don't like pvp, so I'm not even involved in it, if in SRD I see someone coming after me, I try to buy some time (like invisibility), open the inventory and quickly destroy everything I can and then write in the chat /suicide and that's it.
      Since I don't collect drop (I don't need it, I am primarily here for fame, only silver bags and tome for fame I use right at the drop) and I don't care about equipment (6.0/6.1 I have practically unlimited reserve)..
      But the ganker has none of me, neither fame nor loot, he just lost his time doing it and he still amuses me sometimes when he texts me wtf after this happened. 8|

Personally, though, I don't welcome this change because while SRDs will be more safe, OW will be full of gankers so I prefer it as it is now.
      Now I get to SRD without any problems and that sometimes I get interrupted there i dont care, but after a change the problem will be more likely to get to SRD, i think.
      So I'd rather leave it as it is now.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

@CassX Why not fight back instead of giving the ganker your stuff? When you die all the stuff you "destroy" drops as loot or is trashed according to the whims of the loot gods.
      Why?
      Firstly, I usually meet not one but 3 or more players(and for me with pve equipment and I'm not 20 years old- I don't have those reactions anymore(lots of beer and Jameson have a part in it too :D ), it's practically unrealistic to beat those players, but truthfully I don't mind, the game needs it and enough people like that kind of activity, and of course I want AO to play as many people as possible, let everyone come into their own..so I'm fine and I don't deal with it), and secondly my laptop is bad and I have problems with so many events.
      You see I didn't even know, I thought that if I manually destroyed something (mouse object moved and destroyed it) so that it didn't exist any more and if I wrote /suicide after the destruction (I'm naked) then the ganker couldn't get anything out of me. :)
    • Morrah wrote:

@Korn Existing a few locations with a lot of PVP in SD- Shift Shadow as exemple. A lot of people have a lot of fan in this location im made 1m PVP fame today in Shift Shadow. And now in u game remain only close location for PVP coz hard to find fight , It Suck!

if it will be on live server im and my friends leave u game,sorry but im already canceled my real money sabscribtion, and im near to leave Albion coz u going to kill all i loved in this game(
      I just can tell you from the past my experience.

They have heared that playbase doesn't like it, they wrote..well we start with 1 min get data..then adjust..

It is same with gvg, disarray, alliance remove, they are way more experienced in doing well for the game than us.

They have heared that playerbase doesn't like it, as they have commented.

You can basically stop posting ideas comments remarks on this, it will happen, if the pattern from the past is consistent.

So I recommend stop posting or commenting that u don't want it, it is a waste of time, it will happen, as it happened in the past...
    • We are generally fine with dungeon diving, it's part of Albion being an open world Sandbox MMORPG.

The purpose of the dungeon closing timer is for us to be able to balance the frequency of dungeon dives happening - to balance the risk vs reward ratios for both, the divers and their potential victims.

Here is why: If diving is too prevalent, this heavily discourages Outland zone activity (and/or leads to the "mandatory scouting" meta that we currently have for solo RDs)This in turn leads to less active Outland zones, which also means less PvP. If diving is too hard/not worth it, we'd have very active zones, but also less PvP in total as you wouldn't be able to successfully get anyone.

Having a dungeon closing timer that we can freely control allows us to fine tune the risk vs reward ratios in the Outlands in such a way that overall PvP activity is maximized. While the risk of getting dove on for each player would be lower, this should be off-set by a higher number of players in total, which also means more potential targets for those looking for non-consensual PvP.

Note that we will test out and iterate on how long the dungeon timer actually needs to be for optimum results. The 60 seconds currently on the test server are just a starting point for us to be able to collect meaningful data.
    • You will need even larger zerg of gankers to spot a guy entering a solo within 60 seconds, so not sure if this will not encourage even larger parties searching running through the zone.

It feels to me like you are encouraging even larger zergs with this change.

Black zone is indeed dead but I do not feel like this change is a step in any direction to fix that.
      Pretty weird detached from reality change the Black Zone should have no safety just make rewards less terrible to see more people go to BZ :)
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • Korn wrote:

We are generally fine with dungeon diving, it's part of Albion being an open world Sandbox MMORPG.

The purpose of the dungeon closing timer is for us to be able to balance the frequency of dungeon dives happening - to balance the risk vs reward ratios for both, the divers and their potential victims.

Here is why: If diving is too prevalent, this heavily discourages Outland zone activity (and/or leads to the "mandatory scouting" meta that we currently have for solo RDs)This in turn leads to less active Outland zones, which also means less PvP. If diving is too hard/not worth it, we'd have very active zones, but also less PvP in total as you wouldn't be able to successfully get anyone.

Having a dungeon closing timer that we can freely control allows us to fine tune the risk vs reward ratios in the Outlands in such a way that overall PvP activity is maximized. While the risk of getting dove on for each player would be lower, this should be off-set by a higher number of players in total, which also means more potential targets for those looking for non-consensual PvP.

Note that we will test out and iterate on how long the dungeon timer actually needs to be for optimum results. The 60 seconds currently on the test server are just a starting point for us to be able to collect meaningful data.
      What is your stance on scouts in group dungeons and people having hideouts nearby, thus having 0% risk ?

Seeing solo dungeons are getting this treatment, how is it with group dungeons then ?
    • Well in fact it has some advantage...

It is u can finally afk in a full loot bz

1) if u move you Zerg to the srd u have a free non scoutable (unexpected - surprise) spot to flank an enemy and can afk till u need it

If the SRD is close to a terrie u can A-Out and bubble - no guard call - in capture area..

2) If u play mobile or have interruptions u basically have a 100% safe solo environment and can afk all time - true solo game experience

3) scouting gets much easier, just have a scout enter, timer ticks, farm char rides there and gets it short before close
      Several advantage:
      A) naked scout on t3 horse checks for gankers and looks for next SRD
      B) naked scout on t3 horse starts lockdown process of SRD reducing the wait time - more or less insta lock
      C) much harder to detect the people abuse naked scout as just shortly visible to others

But I am sure already counters are planed by SBI vs 1&3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Korn wrote:

Dont understand why you need this control in sandbox game that is self-controlled.
      Risk vs reward must depend on how hard your ally/coalition controls nearby zones. More powerful ally = less risk of gankers. You are trying to inflict directly and its not correct.
      The only way to force carebears move to outlands is to cut their profit in safezones. But SBI made HCE and now want to lower risk in BZ.
      With this patch the only result will be defltaion of economy because of free loot in BZ and loot in avalonian roads