You are wrong, you dont understand what people find interesting in this game. People who reside in yellow and blue zones aren´t core audience in this game, and even if you make black and red zone safer, they will stay in blue and yellow zones anyway.I guess those players that like to have an unfair advantage (PvP geared, looking for a fight, can attack unsuspecting player while they are engaged by MOBs) are now going to have a harsher time in finding a fight where they have a clear advantage.
If you are truly looking for a fair 1 v 1 fight, then corrupted dungeons are the content you are looking for. They even have a ladder system (Infamy) that allows you to brag and show your awesomeness.
This change just makes it harder for non-consensual PvP, which if you take a minute and think about it from a business perspective, is a feature that only attracts a small hardcore player base. SBI can't be successful targeting only those players as their primary audience as they will go broke.
If you also bring into context the change to Ravens and the fact their fear wont work on mounted players and you will see SBI are making solid business decisions to appeal to a wider audience than just hardcore PvPers. Combine that with the dismount cc immunity and you can see SBI are trying to reduce the non-consensual aspect of PvP in AO without completely removing it.
If you truly like AO, this is a decision that will help with the long term health of the game.
This game´s economy revolves around full loot mechanic. Take this away, and this game will die. People are interested in full loot pvp, it is what makes this game fun. Why do you think that the new mmorpg ( that was delayed for a long time lul ) from amazon that was supposed to be full loot pvp made so many people excited, and when they said they pvp will be toogable, that people lashed out and nobody was interested in game after that ? It´s because full loot makes the game more fun, more interesting.
Without full loot, there is literally no danger. No adrenaline. It is like world of warcraft experience - it is like having a tea party. No epic fights. Just grind, for you cannot lose.
But when you cannot lose, you also cannot win.
- Did you make a poll for this baseless claim of "you don't understand what people find interesting"?
- Why shouldn't be people in blue and yellow zones be a core audience, and why are you evidently unable to ask yourself the question "Are they staying in safe zones out of their free will, or just because red and black zones are full-loot PvP with no way to opt-out"?
- If everyone just does solo or group PvE dungeons and sells that loot on the marketplace the game "will die"?
- Did you make a poll for your baseless claim of "People are interested in full loot PvP"? I couldn't care less about any kind of forced PvP, so your claim is already proven false
- Maybe, just maybe, most people are annoyed by the complete 180° turn from Amazon, swinging from a PvP to a PvE game?
- Full-loot PvP is just primarily a code word for "Wanting to gank low levels with close to 0 risk", "Wanting to gank solo player while in a group" and "Will run away if a better equipped or overall better player shows up": if you want actual PvP you can play Crystal League or Corrupted Dungeons, but that's not the PvP you want. You want the low-risk ganking with high rewards PvP
- So without full-loot you feel not a shred of adrenaline? You can play a high-rank Crystal League match and you feel nothing, but ganking a low level and taking their stuff will make you feel something? Utterly laughable
The post was edited 1 time, last by Lofthild ().